War In Ukraine

5 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Does anyone want to defend this exchange? Every day this adds insults. 

In two days: 

- The Media held press conference as if Armstrong has returned from the moon, not a sports player which got caught with a vape device. Who is her agent? Did the agent explain to her that in Russia if you are a minority -> most eyes are on you. Did the manager explain that bringing a vape device especially during war time and her being an American is double the risk? Even if he did not, why are you taking it with you? throw it out for a few hours, keep it aside. 

- The media had Paul Whelan's brother to say that it was the right choice. 

- The media had the nerve to mention that Kamala Harris had a play in this. 

- The media now is running critiques on Russian prisons on MSNBC, saying how is that possible in 2022 to have such prisons -> this is why i am writing this rant ->There are people in American prisons right now due to marijuana consumption, nobody defends them? 

Is there a sane argument to convince me otherwise. Please don't start talking about the racial identity of the basketball player, B. Griner because Viktor Bout might as well be the father of white supremacy. The amount of weapons this "creature" sold in Africa so people can kill each other is beyond belief. 

and Biden decided to exchange him. The man is probably starting his shift with the FSB as we speak right now. 

Would like to ask thoughts from our American friends: @robosmith@Rebound Where am I going wrong? 

Below is the DEA operation on Viktor Bout: 

Biden is damned if you do, damned if you don’t. 
Shitforbrains Trump bragged that he would have gotten a way better deal. If so, why didn’t Trump get Whelan freed? Trump didn’t even call Whelan’s family.  

As for the arms dealer… He did ten years in jail.  In reality, do you think it reduced the number of weapons Putin exported to these countries? 

7 hours ago, Contrarian said:

-> On the border with Belarus, Ukrainian soldiers wait for another attack by Russian troops.

-> Moment Russian warplane with Z-insignia bellyflops in emergency landing. 

The lone pilot decided against ejection and brought the aircraft down in flames and smoke on a military runway. The $11 million Russian ground attack plane carries the controversial ‘Z’ insignia used by Putin’s forces in the war in Ukraine. An expert at Telegram channel Fighter Bomber said the pilot decided on an emergency landing even though standing instructions in such a situation were to eject. Two parachutes came out to slow the plane as it landed without wheels.

Cool. That would close the runway for awhile.

On 12/9/2022 at 12:08 PM, Nationalist said:

'More sanctions on Russia! Ohhh...we got that evil Putin now boy!'

You're pissing into a windstorm...people will needlessly die...so YOU can pat yourself on the back and claim that YOU'RE saving "Democracy".

Its a f'cking farce.

So people wouldn't have needlessly died had they just surrendered to Russia? 

But you're not pro Russian or anything. ?

On 12/10/2022 at 9:55 PM, Nationalist said:

No. I prefer to make my own mind up, rather than just blindly follow along.

That's a good joke.  Thanks for the laugh.  Tell us more about how you're making up your own mind by repeating everything you read on Russia Today.  ?

10 hours ago, Moonbox said:

That's a good joke.  Thanks for the laugh.  Tell us more about how you're making up your own mind by repeating everything you read on Russia Today.  ?

Well...I watch and read different viewpoints and make up mi mind.

How do you make up your mind on things? Find out what I'm saying and oppose it blindly?

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Well...I watch and read different viewpoints and make up mi mind.

How do you make up your mind on things? Find out what I'm saying and oppose it blindly?

No you don't.  You read trawl garbage propaganda websites, telegram and Russia Today for whatever anti-establishment vomit your brain can digest.  It's all real as long as it says what you want to hear.  ?

Edited by Moonbox

7 hours ago, Moonbox said:

No you don't.  You read trawl garbage propaganda websites, telegram and Russia Today for whatever anti-establishment vomit your brain can digest.  It's all real as long as it says what you want to hear.  ?

Sure I do. You just can't fathom that because you're obviously a product of low expectations. 

That's sad but not your fault. Try to improve your own level of competence. You'll find you get more respect and appreciation. 

• Like 1

There's not much to fathom when it's you doing the talking.  When you're providing link to state-owned Russia Today, or better yet Hezbollah/Iran backed outlets, it's perfectly clear whose Kool-Aid you're drinking and boots you're licking.  We also always have this gem:

dumbdumb1.thumb.png.80b3db43cfa00c3c14f5c6a75120d577.png

To show where you're really coming from.  ?

16 hours ago, Nationalist said:

They crippled Kiev

You mean the terror bombing on civilians? That's the type of shit that gets you off eh? 

Since your memory isn't the strongest, you may have forgotten that in the early days of the war Russia had occupied areas outside of Kiev and were going to try and take it. They failed miserably and had to retreat or face destruction. 

• Haha 1

Who is cheering on an invasion?

Contrarian described a bunch of positions when it comes to the war in Ukraine, but he forgot to mention folks comfortable subscribing to binary thought, because: 

·         If you’re against the war in Ukraine you must be a Kremlin/Putin apologist

·         If you think Biden is a spaz you must be a fan of that uncouth bully named Trump

·         If you question Lula’s rise back to power you must be a pro-fascist Bolsonaro supporter

·         If you doubt how organic most social uprisings are you must be a conspiracy theorist

·         If you want Hunter Biden made accountable you must want to give the Trump kids a pass

·         If you’re for abortion you must be a demonic baby killer

·         If you’re for gun control you must be an unpatriotic wuss

·         If you’re for border control you must be a heartless racist

·         If you’re for legalizing all drugs you mustn’t care about how drugs destroy families or be a druggie yourself.

·         If you’re for funding the police you must be for police brutality

·         If you’re for heightened mental illness awareness you must want increased discrimination.

·         If you’re for lowering taxes you must be a selfish elitist

·         If you’re for limited government you must be an out-of-touch idealist

And so it goes…

Binary thought prevails because it doesn’t concern itself with nuances or the pursuit of integrity. It provides an easy go-to argument that doesn’t require thinking and is the reason why too many feel comfortable subscribing to it.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Luz P. said:

·         If you’re against the war in Ukraine you must be a Kremlin/Putin apologist

You mean against the military aid provided to Ukraine (By Trump too) to defend themselves. 

That's the type of thing posters like Nationalist oppose. Which means he wants to see Russia succeed. 

Being opposed to the war means one is opposed to the unilateral invasion of an independent nation in-order to annex all or some of it. Or the opposite of being a Putin apologist. 

This war could end tomorrow if Putin retreats to lines that existed pre-February. 

Edited by Boges

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

There's not much to fathom when it's you doing the talking.  When you're providing link to state-owned Russia Today, or better yet Hezbollah/Iran backed outlets, it's perfectly clear whose Kool-Aid you're drinking and boots you're licking.  We also always have this gem:

dumbdumb1.thumb.png.80b3db43cfa00c3c14f5c6a75120d577.png

To show where you're really coming from.  ?

Yes clown-boy...reality. For instance...most people...even dullards...know that Ukraine can't possible beat Russia in a war. Not by themselves. And not many people will misquote others with a clean conscience.

Then...there's people like you.

47 minutes ago, Boges said:

You mean against the military aid provided to Ukraine (By Trump too) to defend themselves. 

That's the type of thing posters like Nationalist oppose. Which means he wants to see Russia succeed. 

Being opposed to the war means one is opposed to the unilateral invasion of an independent nation in-order to annex all or some of it. Or the opposite of being a Putin apologist. 

This war could end tomorrow if Putin retreats to lines that existed pre-February. 

How much tax payer money has been handed to comic-boy and his cohorts? Where has it all gone?

You make silly and childish assumptions. But hey...I could always assume you want the killin' to go on indefinitely.

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

How much tax payer money has been handed to comic-boy and his cohorts? Where has it all gone?

You make silly and childish assumptions. But hey...I could always assume you want the killin' to go on indefinitely.

How much money should be spent on Military all-together? The US spends money on military even when a NATO adjacent country is being brutally invaded. 

Military support for like-minded causes is nothing new. 

And why should you care? You're not a US Taxpayer AFIK. 

5 hours ago, Boges said:

How much money should be spent on Military all-together? The US spends money on military even when a NATO adjacent country is being brutally invaded. 

Military support for like-minded causes is nothing new. 

And why should you care? You're not a US Taxpayer AFIK. 

I don't want NATO involved in this. It none of our business and it's coating all of us money...for now.

5 hours ago, Contrarian said:

The above in my opinion is a mix between a type of a moralistic point of view + confusion, this is what happens when one reads too much of the other side. I try to limit my exposure to RT. All they do is talk about our flaws in the West. I hope you and that woman in the EU parliament which you keep promoting never get in a position close to national security.

= )

Musk is important now to get involved into the culture wars as the elite on both sides is starting to take a non-patience approach. 

The obsession when it comes to too much social liberalism has opened a vulnerable point which now the Russians will exploit heavy. Especially in Eastern Europe where the population is not as open minded.  

- Lavrov talking about genders. 
- Commercials in Russia about the traditional family. I have seen now one lately which the FSB is spreading in the West, how real men don't flee the country -> they stay and fight. 
- This idea of church, again for all you fanatics out there that think Putin will restore Christianity to its glory, his head of church did what Judas did to Jesus, he was a KGB agent, he used people's confessions to get them imprisoned or worse. His codename was Mikhailov. 
- Promotion of banning LGBTQ material in Russia. 

These messages are not necessarily internal, they are sending ideological signals to men like @Nationalistaround the world, which I don't think he is a bad man or loyal to Russia, just confused, but men in his group have grievances.

To be honest, I lose patience hearing them, the same complaints of any textbook nationalistic but these grievances need to be listened too -> not by me, but by the political class. and maybe the media should be paying attention too instead of taking the arrogant approach. That is what got Trump elected too. 

A lot of us, me included talk with arrogance towards the populists but the phenomena needs to be understood otherwise, in my view the FSB will continue to recruit people that are not necessarily pro-Russia, the arrogance of the elite towards certain things in the "culture wars" can lead this group closer to the Russian propaganda and therefore a threat to our Western democracy. 

I am fairly convinced most people that entered the capitol on January 6th thought in their twisted mind that they are there to fight for freedom. A lot of them were just victims of propaganda coming from Moscow and also the inability of some of the establishment to understand the phenomena + technological change which Middle America went through. None of the less, in the eyes of history -> they will always be traitors, the ones that entered, no matter of the underlined explanations. 

Thought provoking. Good post.

I don't read RT and never have. Ever since this started, I looked at the participants. Russia...big nuclear...not a bear to be poked stupidly. Ukraine...troublesome...corrupt...A GAWD DAMN NATO REJECT!

And I said to myself...'self...its pretty obvious what's going on here...and in the name of global peace...this is not a fight "we" need to be interested in.'