Trucker's Convoy

West

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

Vaccinated people are far less likely to be hospitalized.

So who is lying?

Hospitalizations is not spread. You said vaccines reduce spread and now have flipped your story to hospitalizations. 

Your recent response shows that you are either completely ignorant to the differences or you are willfully lying which is a forum violation. Which is it?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, myata said:

Democratic legitimacy requires more than a formal stamp and a chair.

This is a MOVEMENT. Global it turns out. Those that take the authoritarians' side will be disappointed. Perhaps people will view them the same when it's over. Perhaps they can be forgiven.

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Accountability Now said:

either completely ignorant to the differences or you are willfully lying which is a forum violation

This would be about 11th or 17th time he's having this kind of observation here. I fully expect the ultimate number could be lost somewhere in the natural infinity.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Those that take the authoritarians' side will be disappointed. Perhaps people will view them the same when it's over.

This is a normal, regular process of democratic renewal. Nothing lives forever and the democracy in the least. Either democracy is renewed again and for another term, never forever and authoritarians disappointed. Or democracy withers and ceases in spirit if not formality of the stamp and chair. Either one works, and both have happened.

3 minutes ago, myata said:

This would be about 11th or 17th time he's having this kind of observation here. I fully expect the ultimate number could be lost somewhere in the natural infinity.

The sad thing is he has no interest in actually debating things honestly as it might lead to him learning something 

8 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

Hospitalizations is not spread. You said vaccines reduce spread and now have flipped your story to hospitalizations. 

Your recent response shows that you are either completely ignorant to the differences or you are willfully lying which is a forum violation. Which is it?

What these guys do. 

It's also debatable if they actually prevent hospitalizations as hospitalizations are now roughly equivalent based on population size. Stats are definitely skewed in favor of the vaccinated as most vaccinated people wouldn't have ended up in hospital regardless. 

2 minutes ago, myata said:

This is a normal, regular process of democratic renewal. Nothing lives forever and the democracy in the least. Either democracy is renewed again and for another term, never forever and authoritarians disappointed. Or democracy withers and ceases in spirit if not formality of the stamp and chair. Either one works, and both have happened.

Madame Guillotine awaits...as JT and his cohorts must be well aware of by now.

Be it figurative or literal...heads will roll. 

Canadians won't stand to be turned into a Red Chinese style dictatorship of the Bureaucracy with passes and scores.  

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Canadians won't stand to be turned into a Red Chinese style dictatorship of the Bureaucracy with passes and scores.  

I hope so. And it's up to them to decide this now, as always and again. Can't sleep one's way into a great democratic future. Authoritarian past and worse, never a problem.

6 minutes ago, West said:

It's also debatable if they actually prevent hospitalizations as hospitalizations are now roughly equivalent based on population size. 

Exactly. Cases used to be the big talking point as there was a major difference but that became even. Hospitalizations are the same. They are closing the gap based on population which puts them to the new talking point of ICU. 

Even if they can show a subtle difference that can benefit the vaccinated, one must ask why they are bragging about it when vaccines are supposed to provide substantial benefit. It’s like the Edmonton Oilers bragging about beating a Pee Wee hockey team 3-2. Sure they can show they score more but they should never talk of a victory that shallow.

Just now, Boges said:

Really? because there was an election recently that is evidence of the contrary. 

as vaccine rates move past 80% to 90% you start to wonder who the audience is... I guess it's the 17% who strongly support the insurgents...

the recent election had Trudeau lose the popular vote again, to a centrist conservative who was thereupon dumped.

go people go...

10 minutes ago, myata said:

I hope so. And it's up to them to decide this now, as always and again. Can't sleep one's way into a great democratic future. Authoritarian past and worse, never a problem.

Well, they've got a little taste of it with those constant moving goal posts. Canadians noticed that no matter how fast they ran or pretended to enjoy the government's whip, the curve was never flattened...never going to be flattened. Those mandates and passports were not going to go anywhere. They'd have NEW uses if the virus was ever defeated 100% (hah).

Never-mind the realization by a few that bothered to search that China did this to us on purpose with the WHO's assistance...and with our government's apparent participation providing the virus samples. 

Edited by DogOnPorch

5 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

Exactly. Cases used to be the big talking point as there was a major difference but that became even. Hospitalizations are the same. They are closing the gap based on population which puts them to the new talking point of ICU. 

Even if they can show a subtle difference that can benefit the vaccinated, one must ask why they are bragging about it when vaccines are supposed to provide substantial benefit. It’s like the Edmonton Oilers bragging about beating a Pee Wee hockey team 3-2. Sure they can show they score more but they should never talk of a victory that shallow.

The crisis that Omicron wrought is that so many people got it, causing Labour shortages in all industries, more specifically Healthcare created a temporary crunch. 

Estimates are that around 4 million people in Ontario were infected. 

The restrictions were fairly narrow and temporary. 

The protestors are right, we're all sick of COVID restriction.

But their tactics are appalling and will only help the political factions they oppose. That's why JT won't engage with them, he doesn't want to dignify their behaviour with a response. They're not worth the waste of oxygen. 

Edited by Boges

14 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

as vaccine rates move past 80% to 90% you start to wonder who the audience is... I guess it's the 17% who strongly support the insurgents...

the recent election had Trudeau lose the popular vote again, to a centrist conservative who was thereupon dumped.

go people go...

I'm fully vaccinated and think it's dumb that I still have to wear a mask and flash my personal health information to eat in a restaurant. Lots of people feel the same way. 

I'm also not perpetually afraid that the guy in the booth next to me may have made a different decision regarding the vaccine. If it works the way they say it does I should have nothing to worry about. 

The fact we are in masks still shows the ineffectiveness of the vaccine and certainly undercuts the narrative that a pass is warrented

Edited by West
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Protests spreading across Canada, and the world.

Looks like a "Canadian Spring" is on the way!

B)

Read the room....

If you don't know how to negotiate reasonably, then you don't belong in politics.  And I see now Poilievre is still with them so there is still hope I suppose...

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-federal-conservatives-call-for-an-end-to-all-blockades-after-first/

23 minutes ago, Boges said:

But their tactics are appalling and will only help the political factions they oppose. That's why JT won't engage with them, he doesn't want to dignify their behaviour with a response. They're not worth the waste of oxygen. 

I don’t agree with the blockades but I wouldn’t say they are appalling. There are a small minority of those involved doing appalling things but that happens with most protests. One still has to prove that the people doing those things are actually with the convoy 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Read the room....

If you don't know how to negotiate reasonably, then you don't belong in politics.  And I see now Poilievre is still with them so there is still hope I suppose...

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-federal-conservatives-call-for-an-end-to-all-blockades-after-first/

You read the room. Here's what I read-

I like how the new CPC leader is on one hand photographed smiling among truck protesters, then releases a statement like "The truck convoy protesters voices have been heard. We hear you. Now it's time to go home."

- She speaky from both sides mouthy
- No idea what a protest is actually about
- In other words, just another political opportunist.
- Get lost...