Trucker's Convoy

West

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

What veterans, surely you don't expect anyone to believe that a majority of them refuse to wear masks.

I am a veteran. people can believe what I say, or not

I would advise the government to heed the warning of their own veterans in the streets rising up against them

step back from the breach, or there will be revolution in the end

• Haha 1

A sad country in a deadlock and dead end with nowhere to go. Doubled housing prices or quadrupled. 3% inflation or 6. Two more years of restrictions or twenty. Holy Exsperts may know... or maybe not but they'll figure it out.. in time.. in as long as necessary.

It is fully logical that it should have come to this, but so quickly, just wow. We will wake up in a different Canada.

2 minutes ago, myata said:

A sad country in a deadlock and dead end with nowhere to go. Doubled housing prices or quadrupled. 3% inflation or 6. Two more years of restrictions or twenty. Holy Exsperts may know... or maybe not but they'll figure it out.. in time.. in as long as necessary.

It is fully logical that it should have come to this, but so quickly, just wow. We will wake up in a different Canada.

Everything is bad!  We need to DO SOMETHING!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

1. I am a Canadian decorated veteran

2. if they don't decorate you for your service, you can have my medals, I would give them to any of you

1. Thank you.
2. For not wearing a mask or not getting a vaccine ?  That's just ridiculous. 

Tens of millions of vaccines distributed and Canada is doing very well in comparison to most similar countries.  It's not tyranny to refuse service to someone who doesn't conform to good health practices.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Thank you.
2. For not wearing a mask or not getting a vaccine ?  That's just ridiculous. 

Tens of millions of vaccines distributed and Canada is doing very well in comparison to most similar countries.  It's not tyranny to refuse service to someone who doesn't conform to good health practices.  

I got the first two shots

but when I saw that it was actually a mechanism to impose Chicom Social Credit

that is where I stopped

as to wearing a mask, I wear one when entering a private establishment to do business

because it is the business owner who would be punished for me not wearing the mask

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Thank you.

no need to thank me

It was my honour & privilege to be just another face in the ranks of the Canadian thin red line

it was my dream to be a Canadian soldier, since I was just a boy

I couldn't wait, I dropped out of high school to go to the RCR Battleschool at 17 years of age

so I thank you, for giving me that, and paying my salary as I did

I tell you, on my Infantry Section Commanders Course

they pushed us to the limits

at the final ex, we went round the clock, nine days without sleep, hundred pounds on our backs

just keep going, put one foot in front of the other, don't quit

when they called endex, my Section Commander, Master Corporal Kernahagn who I was terrified of,  turned to me

and he said, "congratulations, you made it"

then he shook my hand, said "my name is Paul"

greatest moment of my young life, tears of joy running down my face

20 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

...  It's not tyranny to refuse service to someone who doesn't conform to good health practices.  

Oh but it is very much tyranny...tyranny by the majority.   I don't understand why this concept is so readily rejected because of vaccines compared to other conflicts.

Canadian "patriots" can certainly tell the difference, even if they don't agree with anti-vaxers.

the Canadian Army has given me so much

the Canadian Army made me into a man

when I marched out on grad parade as a newly minted Section Commander, my father was there

when I retired on parade, and they celebrated my service, my wife & my father were there

and when my father died, my Regimental Sergeant Major Paul McIntyre drove seven hours to be at my side

and behind him, came the regiment

all the troops came to my father's funeral, I didn't call for them, they came without being called

dozens of them, lined up in the street outside the funeral home

so when my brothers call me for help, call a stand to ?

I am here

even if they throw me in jail, even if they kill me

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's not tyranny to refuse service to someone who doesn't conform to good health practices.  

LOL, that's just silly.

Conforming to good health practices doesn't include:

1) taking a jab that doesn't work (2,500 "fully-protected" Canadians died of covid, and this is the first flu season since anyone has been fully vaxed)

2) taking a jab that has harmful side effects

3) taking a jab to protect you from a virus that won't likely harm you, and in the case of kids, almost definitely won't harm them

4) forcing other people to take a jab that won't get us to herd immunity.

20 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Oh but it is very much tyranny...tyranny by the majority.   I don't understand why this concept is so readily rejected because of vaccines compared to other conflicts.

Canadian "patriots" can certainly tell the difference, even if they don't agree with anti-vaxers.

Always interesting to see your opinion on what Canadian patriots do, lol.   

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Nobody stripped any decisions away from you.  Much like you can choose to drive wearing a seatbelt or not at all, so too can you have other privileges and rights restricted if there's sound reasoning for it.  The best part of Canada's Charter is Section 1:

The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees the rights and freedoms set out in it subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society.

That section was explicitly included to prevent foolish people from trying to hide behind the Charter/Constitution when behaving poorly.  The fact that you don't don't accept the government's or the Court's reasoning for mandates isn't important.  Being angry and calling Trudeau a lying, totalitarian hate-monger (or whatever your slogan of the day is) doesn't qualify as a reasonable argument here or in our legal system.  

You actually comparing a product that gives people heart problems with wearing a seat belt? 

If this many seat belts were faulty the vehicle would be recalled

• Confused 1

It's not Trudeau. Ford will fully support Trudeau as said by Ford. It's the political system and it won't change. Why in two weeks and not now? What will happen in two weeks when countries removed restrictions weeks ago and some, never had them?

No, it's not about Ford or Trudeau, two weeks or twenty. It's about the system that came to like managing little people, as it feels and knows best for their own good and for as long as necessary. We are clearly past that line and in a new territory. And I have no idea how we could go back, or could we?

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canadian opinions about U.S. patriots are also very interesting and easily found.

I am both

American father, Canadian mother

I defend Her Majesty as she defends the right in Canada

and I defend the Declaration of Independence preamble as well

they are not in conflict, as it was America who saved the House of Windsor in its darkest hour

• Like 1

Premier Kenney says he has the legal powers and doesn't support the Emergency Measure Act use.  If he has the powers, why is the Coutts border crossing blockade still there?  Why hasn't it come to an end?  When will it end in Kenney's world?  How long does he intend to allow the border to be shut?

The RCMP arrested eleven people and seized a pile of firearms at the Coutts blockade.  These weapons could have been brought in because of the length of time this has dragged on.  This is the danger of letting these occupations in Ottawa and border blockades drag on.  It gives more time for extremists/terrorists to bring in weapons.  That is why the sooner all this ends the better for everyone.