Trucker's Convoy

West

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

YOU (the government and those who support the taking away of this freedom) need to justify why that right is being taken away.

Of course. Sure. You see though, with us humans, freedoms and rights however and wherever written are not guarantees or even promises, far from it. They are only possibilities, ideas. Any government can take away freedoms, any instrument of power and authority. And only we, citizens can prevent it from happening. Only this one way possibilities can become reality. And these events here in a country that prized itself (for whatever it's worth) for reason and enlightenment show once again that it may very well be the only way.

Voting is no democracy; voting is a formal routine process, not unlike flushing a toilet. Only by enabling and that includes defending whenever necessary our rights and freedoms democracy is created. Never confuse them.

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

can't see why it would be any concern of yours

Well, that is a reasonable question.  The answer is we are supposed to help each other.  (love thy neighbour) That is why I am trying to help you.  Arguing is pointless.  Perhaps you can find a Bible-believing church in your area and have coffee and chat with the minister on a regular basis.  If he is a good minister and believes the Bible, he should be a valuable resource for you.

6 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I don't think anyone has to justify why they want to keep their freedoms, guaranteed by the Charter - including the basic human right of medical bodily autonomy.

YOU (the government and those who support the taking away of this freedom) need to justify why that right is being taken away.

So, explain to me - why do you feel the government is correct in eliminating the right, guaranteed in our Charter, to medical bodily autonomy.

We have weeks and pages and pages of explanations for why.  The Courts have upheld that reasoning and explained why they don't violate the Charter and the measures are justified.  The fact that you can't wrap your heads around that reasoning and choose to follow the path of nonsense is a "you" problem.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

Arguing is pointless. 

exactly

so why don't you just relax and hang out, have some fun ?

only Charles Anthony is the boss of me here

otherwise, I run this forum

I'm just here to hang out with my friends

and let them know not to be afraid

cause I got their backs

I have no quarrel with you

5 minutes ago, West said:

TBH I'm not sure what your point is which is why I'm asking. 

I see alot of nonsense from Christians online using Romans 12 to justify clear violations of human rights such as control over their own medical decision. 

I'm not sure Jesus would be in favor of medical segregation. 

Vaccination has been a normal requirement in public schools for much of the 20th century to protect kids from serious illnesses such as polio, TB, smallpox, whooping cough, measles, etc.  It helps prevent kids from spreading it other kids they are in contact with.  Millions of lives have been saved by vaccines over the years.  

Romans Ch13, (not ch12) says God gave government authority over us.  In the case of the pandemic government is acting in our interest to protect society from the virus.  That's all there is to it.

3 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

We have weeks and pages and pages of explanations for why.  The Courts have upheld that reasoning and explained why they don't violate the Charter and the measures are justified.  The fact that you can't wrap your heads around that reasoning and choose to follow the path of nonsense is a "you" problem.  

Stripping away medical decisions from the individual is never justified regardless if some scared lil boy in a robe says so or not.

Just now, West said:

We have weeks and pages and pages of explanations for why. 

The problem I have is that none of the explanations you give for stripping Canadians of their right to medical bodily autonomy - none - are based on science.  They seem to be all based on irrational fears that go completely against what the science says.

2 minutes ago, West said:

Stripping away medical decisions from the individual is never justified regardless if some scared lil boy in a robe says so or not.

If a medical decision only effects yourself, then that is your decision.  But in the case of a pandemic, when the virus is spread from person to person, then of course the is everyone's concern and government's responsibility to protect everyone.

2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

The problem I have is that none of the explanations you give for stripping Canadians of their right to medical bodily autonomy - none - are based on science.  They seem to be all based on irrational fears that go completely against what the science says.

Still in denial of the medical science.

4 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Vaccination has been a normal requirement in public schools for much of the 20th century to protect kids from serious illnesses such as polio, TB, smallpox, whooping cough, measles, etc.  It helps prevent kids from spreading it other kids they are in contact with.  Millions of lives have been saved by vaccines over the years.  

Romans Ch13, (not ch12) says God gave government authority over us.  In the case of the pandemic government is acting in our interest to protect society from the virus.  That's all there is to it.

Actually for the most part, no. Only a few provinces required this (Ontario and NB) for school, and you could get out of it for medical or ideological reasons. Meaning basically if you were determined you didn't have to. Granted nearly everyone takes these vaccines because those viruses are very serious for kids

10 minutes ago, blackbird said:

It's been encouraged but not required in most provinces. These vaccines have been proven for several decades. The covid shot was put together in less than a year, we were told it was safe only to give people blood clots and heart issues. That's why it can't be mandated... only you have to live with the adverse reactions of the vaccine. 

Politicians should not interfere in your private medical decisions. This should be between yourself and your physician.

Edited by West

1 minute ago, Nexii said:

Actually for the most part, no. Only a few provinces required this (Ontario and NB) for school, and you could get out of it for medical or ideological reasons. Meaning basically if you were determined you didn't have to. Granted nearly everyone takes these vaccines because those viruses are very serious for kids

Some private schools such as reformed church schools are notorious for not vaccinating the kids.  They also had serious illness spread in their schools  These people were made up of a lot of Dutch immigrants and their descendents who oppose vaccination and think it is poison.  Sad really.

Democracy is not someone in a robe professing the ultimate truth for everybody. Priests do that.

Democracy is not pushing a button to appoint this priest or that, who will profess the ultimate truth.

Democracy is keeping governments to doing their work, in its little box and never ever allowing it to get out and begin managing people. Because it never ends well. Some found it the hard way and simple as it sounds, I don't think we here ever got it. Or even tried.

Just now, West said:

It's been encouraged but not required in most provinces. These vaccines have been proven for several decades. The covid shot was put together in less than a year, we were told it was safe only to give people blood clots and heart issues. That's why it can't be mandated... only you have to live with the adverse reactions of the vaccine. 

Politicians should not interfere in your private medical decisions. This should be between yourself and your physician.

Politicians are supposed to show leadership and vaccination is the only way out of this pandemic.  Thousands more people would die without widespread vaccinations.

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

If a medical decision only effects yourself, then that is your decision.  But in the case of a pandemic, when the virus is spread from person to person, then of course the is everyone's concern and government's responsibility to protect everyone.

Your contradicting yourself. You claim the vaccine stops transmission but then claim others fully vaccinated are at risk of covid from the unvaccinate. Please round that square for me

2 minutes ago, myata said:

Democracy is not someone in a robe professing the ultimate truth for everybody. Priests do that.

Democracy is not pushing a button to appoint this priest or that, who will profess the ultimate truth.

Democracy is keeping governments to doing their work, in its little box and never ever allowing it to get out and begin managing people. Because it never ends well. Some found it the hard way and simple as it sounds, I don't think we here ever got it. Or even tried.

Would you prefer to live in the dark ages when a third or half of Europe died by the black plague?  You would have loved those days with no vaccines, no government, no masks, no social distancing measures, etc. etc.  You would have been free to get the plague and die without interference by government.

Edited by blackbird

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Still in denial of the medical science.

The "science" you have posted is in CBC and CTV articles, you haven't posted one medical study. Or discussed one medical study you have read - I think because you don't read them.

Also, the stuff you have posted is long out of date.

The science on the vaccine's efficacy, whether lockdowns work, whether masks work, the value or non-value of PCR testing, whether children should be vaccinated - this has all changed.

Just now, Goddess said:

The "science" you have posted is in CBC and CTV articles, you haven't posted one medical study. Or discussed one medical study you have read - I think because you don't read them.

Also, the stuff you have posted is long out of date.

The science on the vaccine's efficacy, whether lockdowns work, whether masks work, the value or non-value of PCR testing, whether children should be vaccinated - this has all changed.

It would be pointless to work and spend time collecting the information because you have long proven you will not listen anyway.  It would be a colossal waste of time.

Just now, blackbird said:

It would be pointless to work and spend time collecting the information because you have long proven you will not listen anyway.  It would be a colossal waste of time.

Sorry, but every time you are asked to post proof, you have only provided a CBC article and they have all been from over a year ago.

This would be why I can't accept your proof.

4 minutes ago, West said:

Your contradicting yourself. You claim the vaccine stops transmission but then claim others fully vaccinated are at risk of covid from the unvaccinate. Please round that square for me

We've already been all through that.  Being vaccinated does not prevent one from catching Covid.  But it makes it a little less likely and most important helps prevent a vaccinated person from serious illness or death.  How many times do we have to repeat that?