The road to 2020

On 11/7/2019 at 5:19 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Americans will choose their next president...it may or may not be Trump....been that way for almost 250 years.

Lucky for Trump that he does not have to worry about Canadians being allowed to vote in America. Aw, too bad for those democrats though, eh? :lol:

On 11/7/2019 at 5:33 PM, Shady said:

Reluctantly yes.  In that the Democrats will probably nominate somebody so bad on policy, that whatever they make up in normalcy and dignity, etc, won’t be enough to offset something like the green new deal, or limitless illegal immigration.  Oh, and reparations.

The democrats have no policy, period. If the dumbocrats think that trying to impeach Trump for the past three years will get them the votes that they need that will defeat Trump and will give them the the White House, then they have to be really as dumb as a door knob. Sorry to all you door knobs out there. At least you are useful for something. The democrats only hope is to try and impeach Trump. But it ain't going to happen, pardner. Trump is in for another four more years. So, all of you leftist liberals out there can get started on all of the bawling that you will be doing for the next four more years. If you need a box of tissues, well, don't come to this Trump supporter. for any. Lol.  

45 minutes ago, Argus said:

Gee, confining it to just what I dislike the most would be hard. But I'll say his incompetence is what I dislike the most because his being a corrupt, bullying douchebag won't destroy the world. His being a lazy, moronic narcissist with delusions of Godhood and an affinity for dictators and demagogues might.

Geez, you must really be referring to Trudeau, right? :D

Guest PPC2019

Are you cool with a Pedophile returning to office? He sat by as Obama ran over a trillion dollar deficit three years in a row. He didn't do anything to try and stop him. If we're going to have Trillion dollar deficits.... i'll keep Trump, at least will have a good economy.

This is the only democrat that gives me hope....  She can improve on her liberal ideas, but she doesn't seem scripted, and that gives me some hope. Ending wars will save billions of dollars.

Edited by PPC2019

19 hours ago, PPC2019 said:

For the people who like Donald Trump? What do you dislike most about Donald Trump?

Gun Grabber, Drug Warrior Prohibitionist and Economic Nationalist.

Those would be my biggest beefs with Trump, off the top of my head.

All based on the results of his actions, and supported policies, as opposed to unimportant shit like: personality, the way he phrases things, or "character". His idiotic haters reach for the later to try to attack him, because they have no good criticisms of him based on results of his actions and policies.

Edited by Yzermandius19

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 1:10 PM, PPC2019 said:

I would like a yes or no answer. Do you want to see Donald Trump re-elected?

Sounds like you have problems with things that are not black or white. Can't help you. I live in a world of many colours like the urine yellow hair of Donald Trump.

Edited by Rue

10 hours ago, PPC2019 said:

Are you cool with a Pedophile returning to office?

Of all the moronic, brainless attacks on Joe Biden this takes the cake. He has never been accused of sexual impropriaties, unlike the pussy grabber president who is featured in a lot of uncomfortable looking pictures with his daughter (who he would date if she weren't his daughter). Biden is one of those 'huggy' type people, with both men and women, and yes, with kids. He's a grandfather in his 70s for gods sakes.

On 11/8/2019 at 11:58 PM, Yzermandius19 said:

Bloomberg is getting in too late and he has plenty of baggage.

He's a year older than Biden but he acts younger. He does not appear to be suffering the same level of forgetfulness as him, let alone the dementia which clearly is afflicting Trump more every month.

15 minutes ago, Argus said:

He's a year older than Biden but he acts younger. He does not appear to be suffering the same level of forgetfulness as him, let alone the dementia which clearly is afflicting Trump more every month.

Bloomberg wasn't Obama's VP, and he banned The Big Gulp. Only 6% of Democrats said they would definitely vote for him if he entered the race, compared to 35% who said they definitely wouldn't. This guy is a former Republican in a party who is further left now than it's been since George McGovern, and he's the face of "Stop and Frisk", ain't no black people going to vote for him over Biden. He's also really short.

There is already a Mayor of New York running in this Dem Primary, there is already a billionaire running in this Dem primary, and neither of them have gotten any traction. 

Bloomberg is not a good candidate and he won't even win the primary. Apparently he's just got money to waste, he can run on trying to institute a federal ban on large quantities of soda or something, whoop dee doo Basil.

Edited by Yzermandius19

On 11/6/2019 at 8:36 PM, WestCanMan said:

The impeachment process started on his first day in office, brought about by fake intel that Hillary got from foreign agents, which was subsequently used by the FBI used to obtain FISA warrants to spy on people connected to the Trump campaign.

Manafort was indicted for tax evasion from the mid '90's, which the FBI was already aware of, and he was offered reduced sentencing for testimony against Trump. Senior FBI officials were proven to have an extreme bias against Trump, some were fired and/or demoted for their obvious malfeasance. 

After over two years of investigations, which included coercing testimony from people who were jailed for charges that were completely unrelated to Russian collusion, the FBI had not found any evidence that Trump accepted the offers for help which came (mysteriously) from Russia. 

As soon as that fiasco was over Trump was then accused of obstructing justice, which turned out to be another farce:

Then Trump pointed out Biden's obvious quid pro quo & his family's scams in Ukraine and China and the Dems went nuts again, trying to say that Trump's one request for Ukraine to check into Biden's obvious dirty dealings was an impeachable offence. 

The obvious facts of that whole debacle are that Biden and his family clearly made off like bandits in the countries where Biden was busy acting in his official capacity as VPOTUS, and Trump made a request for an investigation into those actual crimes. 

I've already pointed all this out in different threads here, I'm not going to go into detail for you, but you should look into this latest round of garbage for yourself to gain a greater understanding of these issues.

A much better question for you to ask godzilla, is when will Dems and their MSM start to acknowledge that the US is in far better shape under Trump than they were under Obama.

The Dow is 50% higher right now than it was when Trump got elected. Unemployment is at record lows all across the board. The US has stood up to China on trade in a big way and yet they're still exporting goods at a higher rate than ever. The Americans haven't started any new wars. Islamic state is no longer a landholder and their two senior officials were killed by US troops. There's been a record low number of US troops coming home in body bags under Trump's presidency. If you include the tax breaks ($1,000 approx) the avg American is taking home $6,000 more per year since Trump was elected three years ago. That bump was just $400 after 8 years of G. W. Bush, and $1,000 after 8 years of Obama. Iran and NoKo are in the penalty box and it's costing the US nothing. The Israeli embassy was moved to Jerusalem. The three full years of rioting, looting, arson and cop-hating that were prevalent all across America in Obama's last years (2014, 2015, and 2016) are a distant memory. The US military is spending money on research and new hardware instead of participating in the endless battles in the shithole countries of the ME. Trump has gotten NATO members to step up their contributions. 

How is the US worse off now than they were under Obama? Can you point to something specific godzilla or do you just want to post V 2.0 of that dumpster fire of baseless allegations & idiotic, partisan drivel that was the OP? 

trump is a pathological liar. A threat to democracy and decency . A demagogue who caters to haters. Goose stepping rallies with mobs chanting in lockstep,,,lock her up..send them back.

a demoagogue who has insulted veterans, gold star familes..called republicans that don’t support him “human scum”

save your nonsense for the cult.

Edited by Jimwd

9 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

trump is a pathological liar. A threat to democracy and decency . A demagogue who caters to haters. Goose stepping rallies with mobs chanting in lockstep,,,lock her up..send them back.

a demoagogue who has insulted veterans, gold star familes..called republicans that don’t support him “human scum”

save your nonsense for the cult.

Blah, blah blah. You just replied to a litany of actual, verifiable facts with random accusations in an internet post. I could say those exact same things about anyone without any proof. 

Do you get how a person would think that your post was completely meaningless and devoid of worthwhile content?

Just now, WestCanMan said:

Blah, blah blah. You just replied to a litany of actual, verifiable facts with random accusations in an internet post. I could say those exact same things about anyone without any proof. 

Do you get how a person would think that your post was completely meaningless and devoid of worthwhile content?

Everything I said was fact...would you like video s of the rallies with mob monkeys chanting in lockstep?

35 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

Everything I said was fact...would you like video s of the rallies with mob monkeys chanting in lockstep?

Oooh, they said lock her up. That's way more important than all those things that I listed. It seemed kind of idiotic until you explained it. 

It's kind of like if you tried to watch Sharknado 6 without watching Sharknado 1,2,3,4 and 5. It wouldn't make sense, right?

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Oooh, they said lock her up. That's way more important than all those things that I listed. It seemed kind of idiotic until you explained it. 

It's kind of like if you tried to watch Sharknado 6 without watching Sharknado 1,2,3,4 and 5. It wouldn't make sense, right?

Fascist leader

Invaders, breeders, infestation, ra pists and killers,sh^thole countries

Human scum 

Goose stepping rallies with mobs chanting in lockstep lock her up..send them back.

Inciting hate 

On 11/10/2019 at 1:19 AM, PPC2019 said:

Are you cool with a Pedophile returning to office? He sat by as Obama ran over a trillion dollar deficit three years in a row. He didn't do anything to try and stop him. If we're going to have Trillion dollar deficits.... i'll keep Trump, at least will have a good economy.

This is the only democrat that gives me hope....  She can improve on her liberal ideas, but she doesn't seem scripted, and that gives me some hope. Ending wars will save billions of dollars.

I have choice negative words for Biden as well and I believe the entire Obama regime and him have a lot of skeletons just as the Clinton and Bush regimes do. All joking a side and dead serious the Epstein fiasco again reminds us of the depth of depravity in elite circles of power whether it be monarchy, business or politics including entertainment and sports. Biden and Clinton and the Obama regime drip with corruption and perversion but so does Trump.

That said Trump is as depraved and is a symptom of the exact same moral erosion. It is true the economy is better off than under Obama in certain aspects but poverty, homelessness, is higher and more people die of treatable diseases not being able to afford hospitalization. Trump serves as a smoke screen and distraction from the true agenda none of us know. He's in power as a useful distraction while people we do not know carry out their agenda. The US is now more alienated domestically than it was under Obama. Trump  has not countered anything negative Obama has done as he has promised nor has he cleaned up any swamps. What he  has done in three years is to continually fire anyone working for him as well as spend each day on twitter sending out illiterate, demented hateful diatribes lowering POTUS to a constipated child having a tantrum.

No Democrat has emerged as a counter to Trump.   I for that reason alone defend Romney as the only politician in the US at this point with any decency for taking on Trump. The only reason he is not President is people did not want  Mormon in office. He lost the crucial evangelical vote for that reason. In retrospect his warning about Russia was dead on as were his comments on China and the Middle East.  This was a man born a classic conservative on economy and who evolved as a moderate on social issues enough to get elected in Kennedy country before he went back to Utah. I would much prefer him as the next  President at this point. He  showed he could balance the opposing views fairly without nastiness. I wish Ted Kennedy had not died he would have at least told Trump off as would Tip O'Neil or a healthy John McCain.  I would have loved to have witnessed what William Buckley would have said about Trump.

Edited by Rue

1 hour ago, Rue said:

...No Democrat has emerged as a counter to Trump.   I for that reason alone defend Romney as the only politician in the US at this point with any decency for taking on Trump. The only reason he is not President is people did not want  Mormon in office. He lost the crucial evangelical vote for that reason. In retrospect his warning about Russia was dead on as were his comments on China and the Middle East.

Romney, so decent and experienced, got his ass kicked already by Barack Obama.   So he is already a one-time loser who couldn't shake Trump even if he tried.   Russia-phobes from Canada should do more themselves and expect less from the Americans if Russia is such a threat.   Ditto China and the Middle East....less deadbeat talk...more action please.

Mitt Romney ain't a gonna save you from the Russians.

President Trump already defeated this GOP rival before the primary campaign ever got started:

Mark Sanford Drops Trump Primary Challenge: ‘You’ve Got to Be a Realist’

Mr. Sanford, a former congressman and governor of South Carolina, ended his presidential campaign just two months after it began.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/12/us/politics/mark-sanford-2020.html

Mark who ?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

40 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Biden finished 3rd or 4th to Obama and Clinton in 2008...but people think he can beat Trump?  The guy says the dumbest things and will probably need a nap during most of his debates with Trump if he gets that far.  Put Uncle Joe out to pasture with Don Cherry.

He'd do better than Warren or Sanders, but no he can't beat Trump.

On 8/1/2019 at 10:26 AM, -TSS- said:

Trump is such a controversial person that if the Democrats had a level-headed candidate Trump could be beaten. If Mondale or Dukakis were today's politicians they could beat Trump but not the bunch the Dems have on offer at the moment. 

Trump has become a controversial person is because Trump is doing something constructive for America. The democrats are only in the destruction business to try and demolish America. Their political agenda was to destroy America while Trump wants to make America great again.

Again, the only reason why so many fools out there hate Trump is because of the hatred that the lying democrats and their lying fake media supporting activists and actors that have convinced all those fools that Trump is the big bad bogeyman. Trump has done not a dam thing to make America not so great. Can you or anyone else here tell me as to what did Obama do to try and make America great? Go ahead, TSS. make your day. :D

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:56 AM, Greg said:

This site used to be partially funded by the University of Lethbridge.

However that hasn’t been the case since 2011. It has since been funded by me personally and with the help of volunteers like Charles.

That is also an incorrect statement.

This website is not operated “for Canadians”, we clearly state the following in the forum guidelines:

The nationality of the forum participants has absolutely nothing to do with intelligent discussion.

I welcome participants from all over the world; diversity of opinion is what matters, not echo chambers centred around tribalism and other forms of nationalism.

I really appreciate such clarification. thanks Greg.

having said that, I am getting the impression from these clarifications that the site is not to be used by professionals pundits? if that is the case then what criteria is used to determine whether profession pundits, whose purpose is simply to re-iterate political talking points without concern for critical discourse and to make every effort possible to monopolise that discourse, are participating?

14 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

He'd do better than Warren or Sanders, but no he can't beat Trump.

Much of the democratic party has gone full PC.  If anyone on twitter could be offended by it, most of these candidates won't say it, meaning some truth is left unsaid, they're cowards.  Trump is the opposite, he doesn't give a rip who he offends, he just craps on everybody he disagrees with, which has brought its own problems. He's the extreme opposite of a coward, he's often an arrogant obnoxious prick.  The truth lies somewhere in between and its been largely lost in our discourse, in the media, in politics etc.

Politics needs people who can speak tough truths without being horribly obnoxious about it.  I think you can call a spade a spade while being civil and professional about it.  I think that's why people like Tulsi Gabbard, Jesse Ventura etc. have cult followings.

• Forum Admin
57 minutes ago, godzilla said:

I am getting the impression from these clarifications that the site is not to be used by professionals pundits?

It's hard to detect a members motives for posting in the forums. So the only thing Charles and I can do is enforce the rules and guidelines of the forums.

58 minutes ago, godzilla said:

criteria is used to determine whether profession pundits, whose purpose is simply to re-iterate political talking points without concern for critical discourse and to make every effort possible to monopolise that discourse, are participating?

There is no reliable criteria for determining professional pundits.  The anonymity  of the forums means it's impossible for moderators to determine who is actually posting (their real identity).

If I enforced a real name/identity policy (linking to FB, LinkedIn, etc) - and there is even some issues with determining identity on those platforms - I would wager it would severely impact members posting activities.