America under President Trump

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

Riiiight. So you won't even vouch for your news sources because you know that they are hyper-politicized left-wing crackheads like "the network which shall remain unnamed".

Excuse me but you're the dingbat who says the CATO Institute is a left-wing shill so it's probably fair to say your opinions about other news sources are just as equally ridiculous, ill-informed and unsubstantiated.

21 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Excuse me but you're the dingbat who says the CATO Institute is a left-wing shill so it's probably fair to say your opinions about other news sources are just as equally ridiculous, ill-informed and unsubstantiated.

I never said that they were a left wing shill, I said that their quote didn't substantiate AOC's claims that people were being forced to drink out of toilets or that they were concentration camps. Go back and read it all again.

Overcrowding isn't intentional inhumanity. It's not like forcing people to drink out of toilets. The detention centers aren't like the places that Americans associate with "concentration camps". 

Overcrowding is a function of Democrats refusing to increase funding for the border along with constantly encouraging people to come into the country illegally, obstructing attempts at border walls, creating sanctuary cities, banning law enforcement officers from cooperating with ice officials, etc.

Try to answer a question honestly for once. 

Edited by WestCanMan

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Those are two sentences, said back to back, which were being used to justify/validate the BDS movement. The statement made in the first sentence is predicated on the example provided in the second sentence. 

I support this BDS Movement.  A company in the USA should have the ability to boycott anything they want. Including companies out of Israel.  If you are putting in legislation that means you MUST do business with Israel then there is no FREEDOM or Free venture capitalism in the USA.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2019/04/23/us-states-use-anti-boycott-laws-punish-responsible-businesses

(Washington, DC) – Many United States states are using anti-boycott laws and executive orders to punish companies that refuse to do business with illegal Israeli settlements in the West Bank, Human Rights Watch said today. More than 250 million Americans, some 78 percent of the population, live in states with anti-boycott laws or policies.

Someone mind explaining to me why this is in US Law?  A business owner can be charged if they DON'T do business with Israel.  That seems .. wrong.

https://theintercept.com/2017/07/19/u-s-lawmakers-seek-to-criminally-outlaw-support-for-boycott-campaign-against-israel/

The criminalization of political speech and activism against Israel has become one of the gravest threats to free speech in the West. In France, activists have been arrested and prosecuted for wearing T-shirts advocating a boycott of Israel. The U.K. has enacted a series of measures designed to outlaw such activism. In the U.S., governors compete with one another over who can implement the most extreme regulations to bar businesses from participating in any boycotts aimed even at Israeli settlements, which the world regards as illegal. On U.S. campuses, punishment of pro-Palestinian students for expressing criticisms of Israel is so commonplace that the Center for Constitutional Rights refers to it as “the Palestine Exception” to free speech.

The real problem here is that products are entering the US market that were made or grown in the occupied territories. Meaning NOT Israel. And that is one of the talking points of the BDS Movement.

So she's using that statement and that example to make the case that boycotting products/companies/countries is justified under certain conditions. That's totally valid. But she's using an example that does not apply at all to the BDS movement.

Actually it does apply. The products we are talking about are not made in Israel, but the occupied territory of The West Bank. I personally would boycott that myself. With no qualms about it at all.

Let's talk about Johnny, who lives in Florida. He's 18 now. He once threw a ping pong ball at his mom in a fit of anger, and he is accused of pushing a girl in a line up for freezies at his school. He was also accused of grabbing Chelsea's butt and his girlfriend Laura said that he reached into her top when they were making out, and that she didn't say he could go that far.

While talking about Johnny's case, the local DA who just happens to be named WC Mann, says: "The death penalty is still legal in several States in America and Florida is one of them. Ted Bundy lived in Florida and was given the death penalty for his serial attacks on women."  

By your logic, WC Mann's statement is right on point.

No, this attempt at explaining the comparison failed.  I don't encourage you to try again.

Riiiight. So you won't even vouch for your news sources because you know that they are hyper-politicized left-wing crackheads like "the network which shall remain unnamed".

Dems to the left,  Reps to the right ..  I'd rather be stuck in the middle with Eyeball.

2 hours ago, GostHacked said:

I support this BDS Movement.  A company in the USA should have the ability to boycott anything they want. Including companies out of Israel.  If you are putting in legislation that means you MUST do business with Israel then there is no FREEDOM or Free venture capitalism in the USA.

Wrong. Corporations within the US do not set foreign policy. If Ford and Apple boycott a country that is almost the same as an entire country boycotting Israel.

Also, companies within the US are not allowed to boycott minorities either. 

Someone mind explaining to me why this is in US Law?  A business owner can be charged if they DON'T do business with Israel.  That seems .. wrong.

Corporations within the US do not set foreign policy.

The real problem here is that products are entering the US market that were made or grown in the occupied territories. Meaning NOT Israel. And that is one of the talking points of the BDS Movement.

If the BDS movement took a responsible, unbiased position they might get some respect.

Actually it does apply. The products we are talking about are not made in Israel, but the occupied territory of The West Bank. I personally would boycott that myself. With no qualms about it at all.

You're out in left field. You're comparing a country that just blatantly attacked neighbouring countries and forced citizens into slave labour and committed genocide against 7M people to a country that gained ground when they were attacked by foreign countries and then gave most of it back, and that obviously never committed genocide. 

No, this attempt at explaining the comparison failed.  I don't encourage you to try again.

I encourage you to work on your reading comprehension.

The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled in favour of President Trump's plan to use Pentagon funds for a portion of a border wall with Mexico.  

So let's review:

1)  Trump wins election for president

2)  Trump appoints not one but two new justices and GOP Senate confirms after contentious fight

3)  Trump gets "greenlight" from SC for border wall spending against Congress' wishes.

Any questions ?

Supreme Court: Trump can use Pentagon funds for border wall

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court cleared the way Friday for the Trump administration to tap billions of dollars in Pentagon funds to build sections of a border wall with Mexico.

The court’s five conservative justices gave the administration the greenlight to begin work on four contracts it has awarded using Defense Department money. Funding for the projects had been frozen by lower courts while a lawsuit over the money proceeded. The court’s four liberal justices wouldn’t have allowed construction to start.

https://apnews.com/5d893d388c254c7fa83a1570112ae90e

6 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled in favour of President Trump's plan to use Pentagon funds for a portion of a border wall with Mexico.  

So let's review:

1)  Trump wins election for president

2)  Trump appoints not one but two new justices and GOP Senate confirms after contentious fight

3)  Trump gets "greenlight" from SC for border wall spending against Congress' wishes.

Any questions ?

When will you get sick of winning?

I for one am not sick of America winning, failed campaign promise there Trump, what a liar.

Build That Wall, SCOTUS is down.

Edited by Yzermandius19

This president is not acting morally.  He is more concerned about enhancing existing wealth than protecting the vulnerable.  The US has accepted very few refugees since the start of Trump’s presidency, has largely turned a blind eye to Asaad’s oppressive tactics backed by Putin, and has focused on denigrating migrants.  Where is the moral authority?

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/world/2019/7/26/1_4525795.amp.html

7 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

This president is not acting morally.  He is more concerned about enhancing existing wealth than protecting the vulnerable.  The US has accepted very few refugees since the start of Trump’s presidency, has largely turned a blind eye to Asaad’s oppressive tactics backed by Putin, and has focused on denigrating migrants.  Where is the moral authority?

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/world/2019/7/26/1_4525795.amp.html

Enhancing existing wealth protects the vulnerable, America is under no obligation to accept as many refugees as you want them to, Trump doesn't want to be fighting an unnecessary war just to stick it to Assad, and denying migrants who don't come in legally is a good thing. Sounds perfectly moral to me.

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Enhancing existing wealth protects the vulnerable, America is under no obligation to accept as many refugees as you want them to, Trump doesn't want to be fighting an unnecessary war just to stick it to Assad, and denying migrants who don't come in legally is a good thing. Sounds perfectly moral to me.

No it’s mean-spirited and selfish.  It doesn’t break any laws but it doesn’t serve America’s long term interests, nor does it put wealthy Americans in a good light.  I’m in Europe right now and I’ve never seen anti-Americanism at such a height.  It’s a shame because it can be and has been very different in the past.  Anyway those are choices Americans make.  

27 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

No it’s mean-spirited and selfish.  It doesn’t break any laws but it doesn’t serve America’s long term interests, nor does it put wealthy Americans in a good light.  I’m in Europe right now and I’ve never seen anti-Americanism at such a height.  It’s a shame because it can be and has been very different in the past.  Anyway those are choices Americans make.  

Who cares what Euros suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome think? America should be looking out for it's own interests, not trying to live according to what non-Americans think should be their interests. The anti-American backlash is not based on the actions of America, but based on the media there being Anti-Trump and portraying America under his administration in as bad of a light as possible because they are triggered by him, and the haters eating the obvious propaganda up.

Every time a Republican gets elected POTUS, Europe acts like America is on the path to hell, and every time a Democrat gets elected all of a sudden they aren't as anti-American. Don't let the Euro Partisan Hacks fool you, their perception is not reality.

Edited by Yzermandius19

33 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Who cares what Euros suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome think? America should be looking out for it's own interests, not trying to live according to what non-Americans think should be their interests. The anti-American backlash is not based on the actions of America, but based on the media there being Anti-Trump and portraying America under his administration in as bad of a light as possible because they triggered by him, and the haters eating the obvious propaganda up.

Every time a Republican gets elected POTUS, Europe acts like America is on the path to hell, and every time a Democrat gets elected all of a sudden they aren't as anti-American. Don't let the Euro Partisan Hacks fool you, their perception is not reality.

Many Americans also worry about America’s current foreign and domestic policies.  I’m not suggesting some radical swing to the left, but the surpluses are so large in agriculture and production that there are no reasons not to try and improve conditions for the vulnerable worldwide.  Forget all the radical identity politics and keep it simple: Improve levels of democratic representation and freedom, improve labour and environmental standards, and protect human rights where oppression clearly exists.  Ensure that trade rules align with these basic values and are enforced.  Provide hand-up aid to the vulnerable that breeds independence.  

The problems are fixable through international cooperation, but trust is essential.  There is tremendous distrust in diplomatic circles on trade, climate change policy, and much else internationally.  Domestically, governments tend to take partisan positions even when data says the policies are bad.  We need strong, sensible, unifying leaders who have hopeful messages and affable qualities who err on the side of generosity rather than miserliness.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

29 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Many Americans also worry about America’s current foreign and domestic policies.  I’m not suggesting some radical swing to the left, but the surpluses are so large in agriculture and production that there are no reasons not to try and improve conditions for the vulnerable worldwide.  Forget all the radical identity politics and keep it simple: Improve levels of democratic representation and freedom, improve labour and environmental standards, and protect human rights where oppression clearly exists.  Ensure that trade rules align with these basic values and are enforced.  Provide hand-up aid to the vulnerable that breeds independence.  

The problems are fixable through international cooperation, but trust is essential.  There is tremendous distrust in diplomatic circles on trade, climate change policy, and much else internationally.  Domestically, governments tend to take partisan positions even when data says the policies are bad.  We need strong, sensible, unifying leaders who have hopeful messages and affable qualities who err on the side of generosity rather than miserliness.  

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. America is the shining city on the hill, others are free to follow it's example, or not, blaming America for others distrusting it and not following it's example is pretty silly. If they want to distrust America because they are commies who buy into Anti-American propaganda, America isn't going to change their minds no matter how well they do in any of the areas you highlighted, in fact the better they do, the more haters there will be, it's all jealousy and envy.

Edited by Yzermandius19

16 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I never said that they were a left wing shill, I said that their quote didn't substantiate AOC's claims that people were being forced to drink out of toilets or that they were concentration camps..

Actually it was AOC who substantiated the CATO report that described inhumane conditions in border detention camps. Pointing that out caused you to lump CATO in with CNN and AOC. 

Go back and read it all again.

You should follow your own advice.

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

Actually it was AOC who substantiated the CATO report that described inhumane conditions in border detention camps. Pointing that out caused you to lump CATO in with CNN and AOC. 

You should follow your own advice.

For the last time.

Two different reasons why conditions are inhumane.

1) As per AOC and her toadies - inhumane conditions exist because there's a racist government conspiracy creating "concentration camps" and finding evil border guards who force people to drink from the toilet. 

2)) As per CATO and everyone with half a brain, inhumanity due to overcrowding and lack of funding, both of which are functions of moronic Democrat policies. So CATO is not saying that people were forced to drink out of toilets. You find me the quote if you think it exists eyeball. And if it's true then there should be widespread Hep A, E-coli and a whole host of other sicknesses present in detention centers.

#2 does not substantiate #1. People are not "being forced to drink from toilets". Period. Anyone who is stupid enough to believe that border guards forced women in detention centers to drink from toilets while there was a Dem Congresswoman there is stupid enough to believe literally anything. 

Are you going to say that it is your sincere belief that AOC saw women being forced to drink from toilets? Or can you acknowledge that you know she is a liar? It's one or the other. 

7 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Let them worry....America has always been motivated by self interest, not universal improvement for the "vulnerable worldwide".    No reason that should or would change with President Trump.   If this is so important to other nations, they can spend the blood and treasure instead of expecting and insisting that the U.S. carry the bulk of the load.

Nope....not even close....because....economics trumps virtue.

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

if America directs any resources downrange at  Progressives and their Neo Communist prattle, it should be by Central Intelligence Agency Directorate of Operations,  same as in the Cold War, no holds barred.

America must defend herself from these enemies of freedom, both foreign and domestic, by any means necessary, same as it ever was.

Edited by Dougie93

The world should decide whether they want Trump interfering in their problems or not.  It seems that if he gets involved, he's a tyrant, if he doesn't he's also a tyrant.  The western world pretends they hate Trump, then hit the panic button if he threatens to pull support from NATO or the Iran deal.  You can bet that if shyst goes down with Iran, the Brits will be hoping Trump is standing beside them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Let them worry....America has always been motivated by self interest, not universal improvement for the "vulnerable worldwide".    No reason that should or would change with President Trump.   If this is so important to other nations, they can spend the blood and treasure instead of expecting and insisting that the U.S. carry the bulk of the load.

Nope....not even close....because....economics trumps virtue.

Sure, continue to celebrate dishonour. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

For the last time.

Two different reasons why conditions are inhumane.

I could care less about why the conditions are inhumane. The issue is how your panties got into a twist when I pointed out that right wing media sources were using the term inhumane before anyone else. For some reason you kept insisting everyone, even the CATO Institute was using the term inhumane because it was a CNN talking point. Rather than admit CNN does not call the shots you were even willing to go so far as to agree that Charles Koch was a virtue signalling lefty quoting CNN as well.

That's why your retarted opinions mean less than shit.  Your back-peddling in every direction possible just underscores that.

30 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The right doesn’t own the Moon landing.  That was Kennedy’s initiative.  

JFK was a right wing extremist by the standards of today's Progressive lunatics.

And the right certainly does own the Moonshot, as it wasn't Kennedy who made it happen, it was Wernher von Braun. Deutschland uber alles once again. 

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1