America under President Trump

21 hours ago, eyeball said:

You've also known the Republicans said there were inhumane conditions there before AOC did.

All that's going on is that you insist otherwise, despite knowing. Why?

I've said about twenty times now that AOC's lies have nothing to do with CATO's comments. The two are unrelated. Neither one supports the other. There's no point in me saying it again if you don't understand it now.

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

I've said about twenty times now that AOC's lies have nothing to do with CATO's comments. The two are unrelated. Neither one supports the other. There's no point in me saying it again if you don't understand it now.

What you've never cleared up however is your denial that CATO and other right wing media sources were telling the lie about inhumane conditions before AOC ever said anything. There's no point in talking about anything until you clear that up 

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

What you've never cleared up however is your denial that CATO and other right wing media sources were telling the lie about inhumane conditions before AOC ever said anything. There's no point in talking about anything until you clear that up 

I never said CATO lied about inhumane conditions. That's just you lying again. I said that the conditions were inhumane because of underfunding and Dems attracting illegal immigration. 

The Republicans were the first ones to say that there was a crisis at the border. They were right. The Dems said that there was no crisis. They were lying. Get it?

8 hours ago, Boges said:

Another Racist tirade this weekend from Trump. 

The irony of going after the congressman from Baltimore about poverty in his district when the poorest states in US are republican. 

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/us-states-by-poverty-rate.html

You don't even get to a Blue State until 17. Maryland, the state that has Baltimore, seems to actually be one of the least poverty stricken.  

Imagine if a Dem called Alabama rat-infested. 

What if Obama went after Mitch McConnel's state of Kentucky when he blocked his Supreme Court nominee. 

I read what he said about Baltimore, but don't know why it was raised. Trump tends to fire back at people who take a shot at him so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some back-and-forth going on before this came up.

I read what Trump said, but I don't see any actual racism in the words he used. Please someone explain the parts he said that imply racism.

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

I read what he said about Baltimore, but don't know why it was raised. Trump tends to fire back at people who take a shot at him so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some back-and-forth going on before this came up.

I read what Trump said, but I don't see any actual racism in the words he used. Please someone explain the parts he said that imply racism.

Trump is racism; If it was Bernie Sanders, nothing to see here. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

The implication is more apparent when imagining if a Dem called Alabama rat-infested. I wonder how many people's pointy little noses would be out of joint over the implication that racists are rats?

52 minutes ago, eyeball said:

The implication is more apparent when imagining if a Dem called Alabama rat-infested. I wonder how many people's pointy little noses would be out of joint over the implication that racists are rats?

Did PBS make a documentary on Alabama's rat problem?

Hint: Baltimore is literally infested with rats...like enough to make roads & sidewalks collapse in problem areas.

Letterman used to joke about Manhattan's rat infestation problem with the mayor...just saying. Nobody freaked out. Anyone remember his Rat-Cam? Aimed at a sewer grate outside the Ed Sullivan theater...constant traffic.

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/films/rat-film/

Edited by DogOnPorch

1 hour ago, egghead said:

Trump is racism; If it was Bernie Sanders, nothing to see here. :P

I really don't think anything he says is really racist. Downright ignorant, oh yes 100%.  He does it to get a reaction. If Trump is really behind his twitter and social media, then he is playing everyone very well. I think he is terrible, but he has some interesting tactics that make some Dems crap their diapers. Mainly because they are dumber than he is and he has had the advantage of decades of experience in making deals and talking and swindling. He KNOWS how to play. 

And because Trump knows how to play, he will get another term as POTUS. The Dems need to get their shit together. They are so all over the place, they have no unified talking points. Unless the whole party backs someone .. no matter WHO, they are already guaranteed to loose.

I would forgo Biden and get behind Sanders (primary pick) or Warren (not a great choice, but has recognition). I really want Gabbard to get more traction, but she needs more exposure. Her recent tactic with one recent interview , there was a radical change in her appearance.  The grey streak gone, and make up caked on. Appearance can have an impact and I think she'd get more traction staying to her real image. She is articulate, but can get tripped up easily enough at times. 

I have read some of Trump's twitter feed and well.  It's a constant train wreck. No wonder people keep watching it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

What implication? So what if a Dem called Alabama rat-infested. Since when is being a Dem or Republican a race.

You people have stopped making sense entirely.

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

What implication?

That Baltimore's large rat population is due to Baltimore's large black population.

So what if a Dem called Alabama rat-infested. Since when i being a Dem or Republican a race.

Since never. Try imagining if a black Dem tweeted that Alabama was rat-infested following Trump's blurt maybe then the implications would be less obscure.

You people have stopped making sense entirely.

It's funny that you think that's our fault.

What Trump Talks About When He Talks About Infestations. The frightening political history of the word “infest.”

In other words, when Trump describes Cummings’ constituents as living in a “rat and rodent infested mess,” he is reinforcing the metaphor that the people belong in the same conceptual category as the vermin.

Politico Magazine

I wonder what sort of conceptual category Trump's lick-spittles belong in?  Probably no better than Trump's in any case.

Politico Magazine

Politico - Least BiasedLEAST BIASED

These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes).  The reporting is factual and usually sourced.  These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.

• Overall, we rate Politico Least Biased based on balanced coverage of news stories and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Edited by eyeball

Just now, eyeball said:

What Trump Talks About When He Talks About Infestations. The frightening political history of the word “infest.”

I wonder what sort of conceptual category Trump's lick-spittles belong in?  Probably no better than Trump's in any case.

Of course not....no need to be hung up on "better" when it come to politics and winning.

Obama attacked gun owners with bibles....that's millions of people...so what ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

That Baltimore's large rat population is due to Baltimore's large black population.

Since never. Try imagining if a black Dem tweeted that Alabama was rat-infested following Trump's blurt maybe then the implications would be less obscure.

It's funny that you think that's our fault.

Trump never said the large rat population is due to Baltimore's large black population. Bernie Sanders said worse things about Baltimore, saying West Baltimore was like a third world country, while his black supporters clapped behind him, and that's not racist. 

But pointing out Baltimore is infested with rats is somehow racist when PBS says the same thing? When HBO portrays Baltimore as a poorly run city in one of the greatest TV shows of all-time, that's not racist, but when Trump portrays Baltimore as being a poorly run city, it's racist? Puh-lease.

Obvious double standard is obvious, it's only racist when the Bad Orange Man says it, Trump's tweets only seems racist to those who already thought he was a racist before he said it, and are looking to view his words through a racist lens. Anyone who isn't doing that can see as plain as day that those tweets weren't racist.

If a black dem tweeted that part of Alabama that is infested with rats, is infested with rats, that's not racist at all, and it wouldn't be racist if he criticized a white republican who represented that part of Alabama either. None of that is racist, flip it around, and it's easy to see Trump wasn't being racist, so stop trying to twist everything Trump says into a racist screed.

It is not racist to criticize black democrats, and it is not racist to criticize Baltimore either. It's not racist to criticize white republicans, and it's not racist to criticize majority white areas either.

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Trump never said the large rat population is due to Baltimore's large black population. 

That's right, he implied it when associating people he dislikes sand especially people of colour with an infestation of vermin. As the Politico article I linked to pointed out Trump has a long history of doing this.

The GOP have lowered their standard of what's racist to accommodate Trump. Now he has to say he doesn't like someone specifically because of their race for it to be racist. And even then, the bar would probably be lowered to further accommodate. 

Trump's treatment and cruelty to people of minority groups are well documented. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/

Edited by Boges

Beyond the racism. The idea that Trump thinks he should be immune to criticism from representatives that either represent or have heritage from places that are impoverished is extraordinarily dumb. 

Mitch McConnell shouldn't comment on anything because he represents Kentucky!!!! Kentucky is a poor state, and until it's not a poor state he should keep his opinions to himself. 

That's essentially what he's saying about Elijah Cummings and the Squad. And in the case of the Squad, he's too stupid to recognize that three of them were born in American. 

Edited by Boges
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

That's right, he implied it when associating people he dislikes sand especially people of colour with an infestation of vermin. As the Politico article I linked to pointed out Trump has a long history of doing this.

He never did that in his tweets. You are imagining things that never happened.

6 hours ago, Boges said:

Beyond the racism. The idea that Trump thinks he should be immune to criticism from representatives that either represent or have heritage from places that are impoverished is extraordinarily dumb. 

Mitch McConnell shouldn't comment on anything because he represents Kentucky!!!! Kentucky is a poor state, and until it's not a poor state he should keep his opinions to himself. 

That's essentially what he's saying about Elijah Cummings and the Squad. And in the case of the Squad, he's too stupid to recognize that three of them were born in American. 

The idea that representatives that either represent or have heritage from places that are impoverished are immune from criticism is extremely dumb, regardless of their race. It is not racist to criticize black people, anymore than it's racist to criticize white people, enough of the obvious double standard that is only employed because of your hatred of Trump.

Edited by Yzermandius19

6 hours ago, Boges said:

The GOP have lowered their standard of what's racist to accommodate Trump. Now he has to say he doesn't like someone specifically because of their race for it to be racist. And even then, the bar would probably be lowered to further accommodate. 

Trump's treatment and cruelty to people of minority groups are well documented. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/

Disgruntled employees who have no proof he said or did anything they say he did are not good evidence of racism, it's pure heresay, their word against his. Clown college.

Edited by Yzermandius19

8 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

The idea that representatives that either represent or have heritage from places that are impoverished are immune from criticism is extremely dumb, regardless of their race. It is not racist to criticize black people, anymore than it's racist to criticize white people, enough of the obvious double standard that is only employed because of your hatred of Trump.

What relevance does Rep Cummings district have to the situation at the border?