This week in Islam

kimmy

On 10/1/2017 at 11:38 AM, bcsapper said:

No I don't.  I just criticize those who use the whole "more people have been killed by lightning" BS as a justified response to murder or attempted murder. 

That's not what its used for, its used to underscore the irrational fear and ridiculous lengths the irrationally fearful want society to go to address their fear.  Your comment about people using it to justify murder is simply another reflection of your stupid insistence in believing that when people understand something for what it is means they support it.

Fear really is the mind killer and your's is on life support.

6 minutes ago, eyeball said:

That's not what its used for, its used to underscore the irrational fear and ridiculous lengths the irrationally fearful want society to go to address their fear.  Your comment about people using it to justify murder is simply another reflection of your stupid insistence in believing that when people understand something for what it is means they support it.

Fear really is the mind killer and your's is on life support.

Justify murder?  English your second language today?

The only fear involved is the fear of giving offense to people who don't look like us.  Can't have that.

Just now, bcsapper said:

Justify murder?  English your second language today?

Well sure, we who use justified responses are with the terrorists, ergo, we must be justifying the murder too.

I'm not afraid if Muslims are offended by my ridicule for their religion, no more than I'm afraid of offending racists.

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Well sure, we who use justified responses are with the terrorists, ergo, we must be justifying the murder too.

I'm not afraid if Muslims are offended by my ridicule for their religion, no more than I'm afraid of offending racists.

No, not at all.  It has nothing to do with the murder.  It has to do with the murderer.

Me neither.  I'm not afraid if they are offended by me thinking that their indiscriminate killing of strangers is worse than lightning.

• 1 month later...

It's gotten to the point there's so much crap coming from Muslims that it's almost pointless to even try to keep up with it. So many acts of terrorism and fanaticism all across the globe, with thousands murdered every month. This story catches the eye since it shows just what frenzied fanaticism grips much of the Muslim world.

A RUMOUR that someone in a Hindu village had insulted the prophet on Facebook caused a mob of 20,000 Muslims in Bangladesh to attack and burn the village to the ground. 

Needless to say,  Bangladesh is among our major source countries for immigrants.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5074417/Village-burned-Prophet-Mohammed-insulted.html

3 hours ago, Argus said:

A RUMOUR that someone in a Hindu village had insulted the prophet on Facebook caused a mob of 20,000 Muslims in Bangladesh to attack and burn the village to the ground. 

Meanwhile, a collection of cartoon like sketches and fake news rumoured to prove WMD's were in the hands of terrorists caused us to spend a trillion dollars to set much of the world on fire.

Edited by eyeball

18 hours ago, eyeball said:

Meanwhile, a collection of cartoon like sketches and fake news rumoured to prove WMD's were in the hands of terrorists caused us to spend a trillion dollars to set much of the world on fire.

Whataboutism! 

https://www.bustle.com/p/watch-john-oliver-outline-the-3-devious-tactics-trump-repeatedly-uses-to-dodge-accountability-3904031

Does the war in Iraq justify what Argus was addressing. 

Trump is clearly not the only one that uses this tactic. Muslim sympathizers do it all the time. 

Edited by Boges

On 11/12/2017 at 2:15 PM, eyeball said:

Not to mention the 'film' that got an ambassador killed .. I mean, what difference really does it make? :D

On 11/13/2017 at 8:55 AM, Boges said:

Whataboutism! 

https://www.bustle.com/p/watch-john-oliver-outline-the-3-devious-tactics-trump-repeatedly-uses-to-dodge-accountability-3904031

Does the war in Iraq justify what Argus was addressing. 

Trump is clearly not the only one that uses this tactic. Muslim sympathizers do it all the time. 

Wasn't Trump that initially got the US into Iraq.  Also I wonder if it was a good idea to support Bin Laden back in the day. Who are we supporting now that will bite us in the ass a decade from now? 

4 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Wasn't Trump that initially got the US into Iraq.  Also I wonder if it was a good idea to support Bin Laden back in the day. Who are we supporting now that will bite us in the ass a decade from now? 

The Kurds would be my guess. If there's anyone with a moral right to be smacking some interfering asshole upside the head with a shovel it's the Kurds.

12 hours ago, eyeball said:

The Kurds would be my guess. If there's anyone with a moral right to be smacking some interfering asshole upside the head with a shovel it's the Kurds.

Indeed. If I was a Kurd living in Syria/Turkey/Iraq I'd be mighty pissed off right now. The Kurds bravely held off ISIS when they were rolling over everyone else, at a high cost in lives in the fighting. America and its allies made many assurances to the Kurds. And now that ISIS is mostly defeated, the Iraqi government, with American help, has come in and taken over Kurdish areas by force, dashed their hopes for greater autonomy, and is probably committing atrocities against them as we speak since that's how different Muslim sects treat each other. And of course they've been the targets of governmental oppression and murder in Turkey and Syria for decades. 

I've posted many times here about how the Kurds should have their own state. They are hated and oppressed in Turkey, Syria, and Iraq. They form a large majority population in a contiguous region. More than any other stateless people on Earth right now, the Kurds deserve and need their own free and independent state. America and the UN ought to be leading the charge for this after how much the Kurds helped them. Instead, America and the world has betrayed the Kurds, leaving them to the mercy (or lack thereof) of the dictatorships in Turkey and Syria and the mock-democracy in Iraq. All three of these regimes would commit genocide against the Kurds if they thought they could get away with it... though they'll likely settle for mere oppression and selective murder. 

Edited by Bonam

16 hours ago, eyeball said:

Hmm, not a bad notion, as the Kurds are not liked by Iraq OR Turkey all while we are helping them. I guess the other one would be ISIS or at the start it was the Syrian Free Army (aka rebels or terrorists depends on how you look at it)

4 hours ago, Bonam said:

....America and the UN ought to be leading the charge for this after how much the Kurds helped them. Instead, America and the world has betrayed the Kurds, leaving them to the mercy (or lack thereof) of the dictatorships in Turkey and Syria and the mock-democracy in Iraq. All three of these regimes would commit genocide against the Kurds if they thought they could get away with it... though they'll likely settle for mere oppression and selective murder. 

America is part of the UN....just because the Kurds were aligned with the U.S. in a mutual cause does not mean the burden falls on America.   The same strategic U.S. interests in the region that supported the Kurds are also in play for any consideration towards autonomy and independent state.

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

America is part of the UN....just because the Kurds were aligned with the U.S. in a mutual cause does not mean the burden falls on America.   The same strategic U.S. interests in the region that supported the Kurds are also in play for any consideration towards autonomy and independent state.

Yeah nothing like you going over to someones place, because you did not like their dad, wreck shit and then say 'NOT MY FAULT!!'.

20 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

...just because the Kurds were aligned with the U.S. in a mutual cause does not mean the burden falls on America.   The same strategic U.S. interests in the region that supported the Kurds are also in play for any consideration towards autonomy and independent state.

Yeah, look what happened to Iraq's Marsh Arabs after being given to believe America would be with them should they rise up against Saddam Hussein.  America's strategic interests in the region are as fickle as they are treacherous. 

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

Yeah, look what happened to Iraq's Marsh Arabs after being given to believe America would be with them should they rise up against Saddam Hussein.  America's strategic interests in the region are as fickle as they are treacherous. 

So what is Canada, also aligned with the Kurds (right now), doing to establish a Kurdish state ?

Fickle indeed.....

5 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

So what is Canada, also aligned with the Kurds (right now), doing to establish a Kurdish state ?

Fickle indeed.....

We're doing fickle all of course, just like you and for the same reason. I couldn't give a rats ass if they fly multiple airliners into both our capitals. In fact I'll support them if they did because we employed a dictator to keep them out of a club we probably have no right to ourselves given how badly we abuse it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/11/2017 at 11:23 PM, eyeball said:

We're doing fickle all of course, just like you and for the same reason. I couldn't give a rats ass if they fly multiple airliners into both our capitals. In fact I'll support them if they did because we employed a dictator to keep them out of a club we probably have no right to ourselves given how badly we abuse it.

You support terrorism now?

On 11/16/2017 at 8:23 PM, eyeball said:

Say what?  

7 hours ago, WestCoastRunner said:

More importantly. More violence is the answer?

It always has been, pretty much.  I'm not saying it's the right answer in every case, of course, but it seems to be the standard go-to.