This week in Islam

kimmy

This week in Islam we see another example of what the cult of extreme misogyny does to the minds of some of its followers. A muslim shouting Allah Akhbar cut a woman's throat in a Marseilles train station last night, then stabbed another woman to death before being shot down by police like a rabid dog.

And people wonder why intelligent people distrust a religion which can turns its adherents into the equivalent of rabid dogs, frenziedly attacking and murdering complete strangers in their devotion to what they believe is God's will.

http://montrealgazette.com/pmn/news-pmn/report-knife-attack-at-french-train-station-assailant-shot/wcm/7822f2ec-c8a1-4132-be1e-a0cdf1a6e54b

• Like 1

and of course the newest terror attack in Edmonton - but you know - diversity is our strength.  

It appears that one board of education wishes to push Islam on it's students but I bet there's no mention of the rabid attacks and murder.   ( but but but - the Christians doncha know)

Also this week in Islam a Muslim man was convicted in the murder of two co-workers. He beheaded them and called them 'oppressors who didn't need to be here'.

Another example of the extreme misogyny of Islam.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4938442/Man-convicted-BEHEADING-colleague.html

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Your argument is poor.  No cite to whatever the claim is about the board of education is, but it sounds hyperbolic.

You can't claim people aren't listening if you don't make an attempt to communicate.

Probably from this.

While parliamentarians are currently grappling with how to define the term Islamophobia, the guide offers a broad definition to be recited to students that includes the mere dislike of political Islam: “Islamophobia refers to fear, prejudice, hatred or dislike directed against Islam or Muslims, or towards Islamic politics or culture.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/09/29/public-school-board-guide-pushes-muslim-greetings-during-morning-announcements-and-other-intrusions

Edited by Argus

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ok.  I think that there was agreement on another thread that attempt to reform Islam is a good idea.

Greetings?  Sounds innocuous and nothing like pushing religion on people.

I wonder how many would feel Christian greetings at the start of every day were appropriate. Or having children try to draw various churches around the world, even if they were Muslim or Hindu or Jewish children, or having them write an article about one of a number of Christian men, including Conservative politicians. I note it also whitewashes the misogyny which is such an integral part of this religion.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ok.  I think that there was agreement on another thread that attempt to reform Islam is a good idea.

What about their definition of Islamophobia?  Would you teach that to children?  

For that matter, would you agree if M103 decided that definition was the right one?

It's a heck of a lot more than a few greetings...     from the article

These would all be done within the classroom and during school time. They’re also not to be restricted just to October because, as the guidebook notes, “the goal is to embed this learning within every classroom, across the curriculum, and throughout the school year.   and 

The guidebook, which seems to have been released in late September, appears to be heavily influenced by the National Council of Canadian Muslims, an activist organization based out of Ottawa. Back in 2014, the RCMP pulled its support from a booklet published by the NCCM on extremism due to their problem with its “adversarial tone.”

It's one thing to teach tolerance and respect, it's quite another to indoctrinate a particular religion onto students, particularly one which promotes violence and hate.  Granted they are omitting that part of it which is why it's so much B.S.  

Edited by scribblet

13 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Edmonton has been mentioned by ISIS many times as being on their list. Why didn't we listen?

Apparently the guy was on the radar. With these types of attacks, even listening doesn't help much. 

Edited by bcsapper

53 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Its not exactly as presented.  Toronto School District holds heritage months for Judaism, Hinduism, Sikhism and Islam.  Islamic Heritage month is October, and the educators guide provides resources for teachers and administrators.  Of course, some people have decided this is the a way to sneak Islam Sharia law onto all Canadians.   

Will the people who are concerned about Islam being forced onto students show equal concern next Spring when Heritage months for Jews, Sikhs, Aboriginals and Hispanics roll around?

12 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Of course, some people have decided this is the a way to sneak Islam Sharia law onto all Canadians.   

Right.  I've had enough of spoon feeding these people on how to not exaggerate their claims.  In fact, I was admonished for bringing up another poster's consistently fake claims about Sharia law.  They're full of shit, and should be ignored.  That includes ignoring valid claims they make.  As far as I'm concerned, your privilege to be listened to disappears at some point.

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Right.  I've had enough of spoon feeding these people on how to not exaggerate their claims.  In fact, I was admonished for bringing up another poster's consistently fake claims about Sharia law.  They're full of shit, and should be ignored.  That includes ignoring valid claims they make.  As far as I'm concerned, your privilege to be listened to disappears at some point.

That's what ignore lists are for, right?

The article from the Toronto Sun explains it but no mention of Sharia Law, neither have I mentioned it.   This is a lot more than simply teaching respect but if some people wish to play it down, so be it.  

While public school students all across Canada typically learn about the world’s major religions at some point during their studies, one school board’s guidebook on Islam is edging close to religious instruction and indoctrination.

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/09/29/public-school-board-guide-pushes-muslim-greetings-during-morning-announcements-and-other-intrusions

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

What about their definition of Islamophobia?  Would you teach that to children? 

"“Islamophobia refers to fear, prejudice, hatred or dislike directed against Islam or Muslims, or towards Islamic politics or culture.”

My opinion:

1) fear is not 'directed'... 

2) expressing fear or dislike to individuals should not be subject to mediation, but might be cautiously used against students who are trying to cause disunity by condeming groups

3) 'politics or culture' ?  why do they even have to state this

The TDSB is covering its ass with an overreaching policy that they can't even enforce, and probably wouldn't in most cases.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

"“Islamophobia refers to fear, prejudice, hatred or dislike directed against Islam or Muslims, or towards Islamic politics or culture.”

My opinion:

1) fear is not 'directed'... 

2) expressing fear or dislike to individuals should not be subject to mediation, but might be cautiously used against students who are trying to cause disunity by condeming groups

3) 'politics or culture' ?  why do they even have to state this

The TDSB is covering its ass with an overreaching policy that they can't even enforce, and probably wouldn't in most cases.

To me it's the idea that hatred or dislike of Islamic politics or culture could be considered wrong. That really is not what we should be teaching our children. 

Granted, right now it's only Toronto's children. 

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

To me it's the idea that hatred or dislike of Islamic politics or culture could be considered wrong. That really is not what we should be teaching our children.  

It's the 'expression' that's wrong.  I still think it's overreaching to state this.  I'll guarantee you teachers are teaching SOME kind of morality, i.e. certain things are 'right' or 'wrong'.  For them to exempt 'Islam politics' is wrong and impractical.