Total fossil emissions in the world is only 0.1% to 0.2% of total greenhouse gases

17 hours ago, herbie said:

Gee Cpt Obvious, so what? That many are opposed to any tax increase on anything.

You don't want to pay a carbon tax, period. And like all Tories have no alternative climate plan at all.

Why is an alternative necessary?

On 3/29/2024 at 5:39 PM, taxme said:

If they are not questions, than what the hell are they? 

So, just answer these 3 questions down below for me so you can ease my mind that i do not have anything to fear from the spraying of those chemicals into the atmosphere. Or is it all just the military playing water games just for fun?

So? 

1. Why and what are they spraying?

2. What is the purpose of this spraying? 

3. And is what they are spraying any danger to humans, animals and plants?  

No one is spraying anything. There, that was easy.

I do not believe that story that those Arabs went and learned how to fly a passenger airplane where they then high jacked a plane and then flew it into the TT. Where is the proof that they took any flying lessons at all? But, i suppose that if you go by what the MSM tells you, you will no doubt go by and believe anything they say. 

There's records of them enrolling in flight school and eyewitness account by the people who trained them.

Look stumpd, fyi, there were no plane parts found at either the Twin Towers, nor at the Pentagon. The circular hole in the Pentagon wall looked like a missile went thru it and not an airplane? Look at all of the pictures at the Pentagon wall where a plane supposedly hit? There are no plane parts to be seen or found. All airplane crashes always will leave some parts behind.

Here's a wheel from Flight 11 that landed on the street in NYC.

7ae4rklx7xcb1.jpg

Here's a big piece of an engine:

ap010911012663.jpg?v=b64ebf3cd0145765e49

Here's a piece of airplane debris with American Airlines colours on the lawn metres from the crash site at the pentagon.

pentagon-911-1200-1.jpg

Honestly do you ever bother to verify any of the sh*t you read from your "alternative media" sources?

An airplane could not fly thru a couple of sets of walls at the Pentagon. Conspiracy? It sure dam well looks like it to me. Believe it or not. 

Lmao why not, exactly?

Edited by Black Dog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, herbie said:

Gee Cpt Obvious, so what? That many are opposed to any tax increase on anything.

You don't want to pay a carbon tax, period. And like all Tories have no alternative climate plan at all.

The Parliamentary Budget officer said after the carbon tax rebate, the average Canadian will pay $911.00 in carbon taxes this year.  $911.00 is a lot of money for millions of Canadians who are struggling with the cost of housing, rent, increasing food costs, home heating, utilities, and various other costs.

This is NOT a climate plan.  It will have no effect on the climate.

Edited by blackbird

37 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Do you think PP could ever be as honest as that?

Will you still vote for him anyway if he promises an alternative?

I don't think he has a choice now.

What alternative? Axe the gas tax. There is no alternative.

If he's wise, he'll also allow the fossil fuels, mining and farming industries to do their thing without government all over them like a wet t-shirt at Hooters.

22 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

he'll also allow the fossil fuels, mining and farming industries to do their thing without government all over them like a wet t-shirt at Hooters.

Those industries will never "do their thing"!  It is the fox guarding the chickens kind of thing.

But the carbon tax also does nothing and is just another Great Canadian Scam.

I heard on the news how the tax goes up, but the rebates the citizens are getting are also going up and how 80% of them will be getting more carbon tax money in refunds than what they originally paid in carbon taxes !

That p* of s* Trudeau must think we have completely lost our minds??

Sorry to have to use profanities in just about every post I make, but i feel this reflects the sorrowful state of the country.

15 minutes ago, cougar said:

Those industries will never "do their thing"!  It is the fox guarding the chickens kind of thing.

But the carbon tax also does nothing and is just another Great Canadian Scam.

I heard on the news how the tax goes up, but the rebates the citizens are getting are also going up and how 80% of them will be getting more carbon tax money in refunds than what they originally paid in carbon taxes !

That p* of s* Trudeau must think we have completely lost our minds??

Sorry to have to use profanities in just about every post I make, but i feel this reflects the sorrowful state of the country.

I agree somewhat.

Pixie-Dust is a complete failure.

We can debate about the fox/chicken thing another time.

On 3/30/2024 at 2:45 PM, Aristides said:

Nature can't balance out what we imbalance. If existing plants could handle the excess carbon, the atmosphere's carbon levels wouldn't be going up.

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/understanding-climate/climate-change-atmospheric-carbon-dioxide

So, a little extra carbon in the air is not going to kill us all. The plants will just make more little baby plants to eat up all that extra carbon. So, are you grasping for breathe yet? Are you having problems breathing? There is still plenty of oxygen around where i live. Relax? The amount of carbon in the air is nothing to worry about. When you start to have breathing problems, well then, we might start to have a problem here. 😁

Just now, taxme said:

So, a little extra carbon in the air is not going to kill us all. The plants will just make more little baby plants to eat up all that extra carbon. So, are you grasping for breathe yet? Are you having problems breathing? There is still plenty of oxygen around where i live. Relax? The amount of carbon in the air is nothing to worry about. When you start to have breathing problems, well then, we might start to have a problem here. 😁

So why are atmospheric carbon levels continually rising? Obviously the plants can't handle all that extra carbon.

It isn't about being able to breath, it's about not cooking our planet and turning into another Venus.

On 3/31/2024 at 5:06 AM, ExFlyer said:

"Chemtrails Conspiracy Theory

Chemtrails refers to the theory that governments or other parties are engaged in a secret program to add toxic chemicals to the atmosphere from aircraft in a way that forms visible plumes in the sky, somewhat similar to contrails. Various different motivations for this alleged spraying are speculated, including sterilization, reduction of life expectancy, mind control or weather control.

We have not seen any credible evidence that chemtrails exist. If we did see any evidence that governments were endangering their own citizens in the manner alleged in the chemtrails conspiracy, we would be eager to expose and stop any such activities."

https://keith.seas.harvard.edu/chemtrails-conspiracy-theory

Well, i see something that exists up there in the atmosphere? So, what the hell is it? I almost see those long white trails every day and those long white trails are being sprayed by someone for some possible nefarious reason. Could they be chem trails being sprayed by aliens by chance to try and destroy our human existence? I saw that happening on Stra Trek show one time where aliens were spraying some kinds of crap around in the air.

Hey, we never know, eh?  Chuckle-chuckle. 

1. So, what are they?

2. Why are they there?

3. And for what purpose? 

Go ahead, answer those questions? 

3 hours ago, Black Dog said:

No one is spraying anything. There, that was easy.

There's records of them enrolling in flight school and eyewitness account by the people who trained them.

Here's a wheel from Flight 11 that landed on the street in NYC.

7ae4rklx7xcb1.jpg

Here's a big piece of an engine:

ap010911012663.jpg?v=b64ebf3cd0145765e49

Here's a piece of airplane debris with American Airlines colours on the lawn metres from the crash site at the pentagon.

pentagon-911-1200-1.jpg

Honestly do you ever bother to verify any of the sh*t you read from your "alternative media" sources?

Lmao why not, exactly?

So then, you cannot answer or refuse to answer those questions then? I knew it. LOL.

Those pictures could have been taken at some other airplane disaster. Hey, we never know, eh? That last picture sure looks like it could be a part of a missile to me. I do not see any plane in the background? Do you? 

Honestly, do you always believe what the left wing MSM has to say all the time? As far as i am concerned, the TT fiasco was part of a conspiracy. The government even told us that they found a passport belonging to one of those Arab high jackers on the ground. Do you honestly believe that one of those Arab high jackers just wanted to carry his passport on himself? Why bother? 

And what about those four Israelis, probably Mossad, seen laughing and cheering from some location in New Jersey by some bystanders who just happened to be there also? They were arrested by the police and then later shipped off to Israel right away. Lots of questions still needs to be answered. But hey, believe what you want to believe and so will i. 

22 minutes ago, taxme said:

Well, i see something that exists up there in the atmosphere? So, what the hell is it? I almost see those long white trails every day and those long white trails are being sprayed by someone for some possible nefarious reason. Could they be chem trails being sprayed by aliens by chance to try and destroy our human existence? I saw that happening on Stra Trek show one time where aliens were spraying some kinds of crap around in the air.

Hey, we never know, eh?  Chuckle-chuckle. 

1. So, what are they?

2. Why are they there?

3. And for what purpose? 

Go ahead, answer those questions? 

Don't fall into that conspiracy trap.

To make it really (over)simple, an aircraft jet engine burns at over 650 degrees C. The aircraft flies at 30,000 ft plus. The temp up there is easily minus 60 C, even in summer. What you see is basically water vapour, condensation.

Kinda like you see your breath in the winter.

Of course they are some combustion byproducts but nothing extraordinary.

Chuckle Chuckle.

Edited by ExFlyer

29 minutes ago, Aristides said:

So why are atmospheric carbon levels continually rising? Obviously the plants can't handle all that extra carbon.

It isn't about being able to breath, it's about not cooking our planet and turning into another Venus.

Hey, believe what you want to believe. Sure we are all going to cook, laugh-laugh. Even silly people like you never will give it a thought that maybe there is more going on in nature than we know already. This so called rise in temperature could be due to nature and not mankind. Hey, we never know, eh?

When it comes to the MSM telling me anything, i always prefer to go and think in the opposite direction because i have learned over the years that the left wing liberal lying MSM can never be trusted with anything they report. They lie. 😁

19 hours ago, taxme said:

So then, you cannot answer or refuse to answer those questions then? I knew it. LOL

No need to answer the questions because they are premised on the idea that people are spraying things in the air, a thing which isn't happening.

Those pictures could have been taken at some other airplane disaster. Hey, we never know, eh?

You can see an FDNY vehicle in the background of the first picture so can you tell me what other air crash occurred in Manhattan in the last 20-30 years?

That last picture sure looks like it could be a part of a missile to me.

That happens to be painted in American Airlines colours? Also you know there were literally hundreds of eyewitnesses who saw the plane hit the Pentagon, right? Also, if it was a missile and not AA Flight 77, what happened to that aircraft and its passengers and crew?

I do not see any plane in the background? Do you? 

If you think a plane that slams into a concrete structure at nearly 500 mph is going to stay in nice big pieces you're even dumber than you seem and that's quite a feat.

Honestly, do you always believe what the left wing MSM has to say all the time? As far as i am concerned, the TT fiasco was part of a conspiracy. The government even told us that they found a passport belonging to one of those Arab high jackers on the ground. Do you honestly believe that one of those Arab high jackers just wanted to carry his passport on himself? Why bother? 

Uh, to get on the plane in the first place? Like have you ever flown anywhere before?

And what about those four Israelis, probably Mossad, seen laughing and cheering from some location in New Jersey by some bystanders who just happened to be there also? They were arrested by the police and then later shipped off to Israel right away. Lots of questions still needs to be answered. But hey, believe what you want to believe and so will i. 

You believe a lot of dumb dogshit my guy!

Hey, believe what you want to believe. Sure we are all going to cook, laugh-laugh. Even silly people like you never will give it a thought that maybe there is more going on in nature than we know already. This so called rise in temperature could be due to nature and not mankind. Hey, we never know, eh?

When it comes to the MSM telling me anything, i always prefer to go and think in the opposite direction because i have learned over the years that the left wing liberal lying MSM can never be trusted with anything they report. They lie. 😁

That's not critical thinking, that's oppositional defiance disorder, a thing toddlers have.

Oh my god this is a bit, isn't it?

Edited by Black Dog

5 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

Oh my god this is a bit, isn't it?

You've never watched Stra Trek ?

Seriously, I watch this exchange as I would watch an exchange between a 6-year old with a magnifying glass and some ants, although the ants looked slightly better than taxme afterwards.

I had no idea that he was so submerged in conspiracy troother bs but so be it.  I do remember 9/11 debates on here years after 9/11 happened, just the same as the Climategate conspiracy etc. etc.  Somehow when Republicans and Conservatives get elected, though, they're unable to get the files released.  I wonder why.

Fund education, people... this is what happens when you don't.  Evolution and social studies in schools replaced with Glue Eating workshops funded by Elmer's... 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, taxme said:

I believe actual data compiled by people whose job it is to collect data, not what comes out of someone's ass on a blog. NASA and other agencies are not main stream media. You are so far down your conspiracy rabbit hole no one can talk sense to you.

Edited by Aristides
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, herbie said:

Did it make you consider driving less?
Then it f*cking worked, didn't it?

It is added to the cost of everything you buy whether you drive or not. It increases the fuel cost of that semi hauling something from Toronto to Hamilton by $8 and by 2030 it will be $16. Multiply that by every transport truck on the road in the country hauling goods and you are looking a billions of added costs that you can't avoid if all you do is walk or ride a bike. 

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

t is added to the cost of everything you buy whether you drive or not. It increases the fuel cost of that semi hauling something from Toronto to Hamilton by $8 and by 2030 it will be $16. Multiply that by every transport truck on the road in the country hauling goods and you are looking a billions of added costs that you can't avoid if all you do is walk or ride a bike. 

It will add $18 to delivering a bulldozer 6 years from now. How much per bag is $18 for a truck full of potato chips? SaveOn pulled this shit all the time explaining $1 extra for jugs of milk 20 years ago. Nice simple example for simple people like the use of 23% increase was.

IOW it will add a little but barely noticeable overall. And agin, so what. That's the point: to get fossil fuel use to decline including for transport trucks. You think that trucking companies are stubborn asses like most people and just simply refuse to adapt because they don't want to when they're actually always considering their bottom line? They're already adapting to every fuel extending tech out there, always have been.

55 minutes ago, herbie said:

It will add $18 to delivering a bulldozer 6 years from now. How much per bag is $18 for a truck full of potato chips? SaveOn pulled this shit all the time explaining $1 extra for jugs of milk 20 years ago. Nice simple example for simple people like the use of 23% increase was.

IOW it will add a little but barely noticeable overall. And agin, so what. That's the point: to get fossil fuel use to decline including for transport trucks. You think that trucking companies are stubborn asses like most people and just simply refuse to adapt because they don't want to when they're actually always considering their bottom line? They're already adapting to every fuel extending tech out there, always have been.

With your love affair with the Justin/Liberal gong show is touching.  Perhaps you could pre-pay your hundreds of dollars in carbon taxes just to give Justin a vote of confidence that his policies are great . . .

2 hours ago, herbie said:

It doesn't matter, almost everything you use comes by something powered by diesel. BTW, that bulldozer burns diesel as well. How are you going to get fossil fuel use by trucks to decline? Where are all the electric trucks that are supposed to replace them? Most trucks are owner operated but you think their owners should have to write off the loans they have on those trucks, junk them and borrow another 300 grand to buy an electric truck that doesn't exist. Where are they going to charge them and where is the massive increase in power generation going to come from?  That's the problem with tax fanatics, they are lazy. We'll just tax it, the hard stuff is not our problem.

If it was barely noticeable, why the hell do you think it would work?

Edited by Aristides

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

How are you going to get fossil fuel use by trucks to decline?

Ask the outfit in Prince George adding hydrogen injectors, the ones adding hybrids, the companies switching to EV for in town delivery.

I'm no tax fanatic unless you're thinking of tax accounting. But I'm also not for simple whining how high they are when they're not. I'm also all in favour of them being in your face like the GST, recycling taxes, etc so you're well aware of them And you can reduce them by buying less or less expensive alternatives. And highly annoyed at the simpleton jingoes to fool simple people like the old "It's a tax on everything" and "23% increase" designed simply to get people to oppose and nothing else. And seeing that no one else has proposed a way to reduce CO2 that does anything better than a carbon tax, and the fact that I know most people have reduced their driving even here where there is no transit alternative and distances are huge. But AFAIC the ranters ranting it costs a buck a week more to drive their 4x4 because they just don't want to take the Skytrain are just obstinate asses.

20 minutes ago, herbie said:

Ask the outfit in Prince George adding hydrogen injectors, the ones adding hybrids, the companies switching to EV for in town delivery.

I'm no tax fanatic unless you're thinking of tax accounting. But I'm also not for simple whining how high they are when they're not. I'm also all in favour of them being in your face like the GST, recycling taxes, etc so you're well aware of them And you can reduce them by buying less or less expensive alternatives. And highly annoyed at the simpleton jingoes to fool simple people like the old "It's a tax on everything" and "23% increase" designed simply to get people to oppose and nothing else. And seeing that no one else has proposed a way to reduce CO2 that does anything better than a carbon tax, and the fact that I know most people have reduced their driving even here where there is no transit alternative and distances are huge. But AFAIC the ranters ranting it costs a buck a week more to drive their 4x4 because they just don't want to take the Skytrain are just obstinate asses.

I’ll ask again, what is government doing to make this happen except make life more expensive for everyone? Producing hydrogen requires lots of electricity, charging batteries takes lots of electricity, heating all the homes in the country takes lots of electricity. What is government doing to develop and produce alternate fuels in the many applications where electricity isn’t viable or practical? Yes, EV’s can be used for town deliveries but that’s about it.

What is government doing to make all that happen other than sucking money out of peoples pockets?

Edited by Aristides