Pierre Poilievre: A One Trick Pony -- Or Are WE All Getting Tricked?

17 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Didn't Trudeau take a knee with BLM? Which one has done more damage? That was rhetorical.

One of these groups are responsible for hundreds of millions in damages regarding rioting, were seen by Trudeau, as people expressing their freedom of speech. By many news outlets, as mostly peaceful.

Accused of some fraudulent work, yet were supposedly representing black people? 

Why the double standard?

When did BLM cause hundreds of millions of dollars in damages in Canada? What fraudulent work did they do in Canada? I'm not saying you are incorrect, just that I do not recall that. 

My concern with Pierre is that his promises are all contradictory. He will cut the deficit but will increase spending on the military. There are also the financial commitments he hasn't mentioned such as repairing the healthcare system after the damage done by the pandemic. He has promised to end the carbon tax but has been reticent to say what he would replace it with. 

9 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

He will cut the deficit but will increase spending on the military.

The military has been terribly neglected by the Liberals.  We are not meeting out NATO commitments of 2%. Yet we are a relatively wealthy country living off the backs of the Americans for our defence in the world.

11 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

He has promised to end the carbon tax but has been reticent to say what he would replace it with. 

What do you mean?  Why burden the taxpayers with the cost of a phony war on climate change.  Nobody can control the climate.

But I agree about healthcare.  If we are going to keep a public system then government must do some things to improve it even if it costs more money.

1 minute ago, Queenmandy85 said:

When did BLM cause hundreds of millions of dollars in damages in Canada?

I was talking about the US. If I get behind a cause, I look at what they stand for. Who started the cause. Their overall reputation. Main reason  I don't protest. Very few causes pass the sniff test for me.

Only dozens of businesses were damaged in cities like Montreal, which pales in comparison to the riots that happened in the US.

7 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

What fraudulent work did they do in Canada? 

Sorry, but to me your reputation is the cornerstone of your success. 

What you're essentially saying is that if Toyota manufactured poorly in Brazil and the US, Canadians being worried about it should keep their yaps shut because the above two countries only were affected.

Sorry, but Toyota is a global brand. BLM is a brand. An image. 

Sorry but "were not them" were "simply borrowing their image and name, minus the controversy" doesn't pass the sniff test for me.

He will cut the deficit but will increase spending on the military.

Good. Our military is a joke.

He has promised to end the carbon tax but has been reticent to say what he would replace it with. 

He had me at end the carbon tax. 

PP half as good as advertised is still 96% better than Trudeau in full form.

Trudeau has been garbage and voting for garbage means you should align your expectations.

1 hour ago, Nefarious Banana said:

So, are you saying Harper was no different than Trudeau, and possibly worse?

Just saying exactly what is says. 3 strikes and you are out :)

Harper had his turn till he pissed the public off and lost to a liberal majority.

Untie your panties LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

1 hour ago, Perspektiv said:

1. I was talking about the US. If I get behind a cause, I look at what they stand for. Who started the cause. Their overall reputation. Main reason  I don't protest. Very few causes pass the sniff test for me.

Sorry but "were not them" were "simply borrowing their image and name, minus the controversy" doesn't pass the sniff test for me.

2. Good. Our military is a joke.

3. He had me at end the carbon tax. 

PP half as good as advertised is still 96% better than Trudeau in full form.

1. We are not Americans. I believe the life of a black Canadian matters. Don't you?

2. I agree. The problems are, that just to reach 2% of GDP will cost 18 billion dollars more than we pay now. How does Mr. Polievre intend to square that with tax cuts. He will also have to deal with the increasing underfunding of healthcare and education. 

3. He will repeal the carbon tax, but then there is the problem of all of those Canadian taxpayers who are going to still want the rebate. What is he going to replace the carbon tax with? Rationing would be the obvious tactic but that leads to things like black markets and corruption. Also, rationing is a lot more expensive to administer. Regardless of how he handles it, he needs to do something to cut emissions. Like the great man said, "Future generations won't care what we say, they will live with the consequences of what we do." 

If the US fails to support the Ukraine, Canada and our allies will have to step up and fill the void. Just like we did for most of the Great War and half of the Second World War. That is going to force Mr. Poilievre to ramp up our assistance to Ukraine in the fight against tyranny. There is no way he is going to be able to reduce the defict and not raise taxes. 

Pierre is going to be appointed Prime Minister in a year and a half. We need to buckle up. It is going to be an expensive ride for the next few years.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

He did his 3 terms and then was punted out and the libs got a majority

Seems the Canadian way...three wins and you're out LOL

So, not really better.

Did much better actually.  And currently polls as one of the best prime ministers ever.  Justin is polling as the worst ever.  that's a pretty stark difference :)  

2 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

We are not Americans. I believe the life of a black Canadian matters. Don't you?

Black lives do matter in Canada. I don't understand how they do not. How laws don't protect my life. 

That pitch doesn't even reverberate in Canada, as we have laws that protect people like me, who happen to be black.

Nobody wants to say it, but I grew up in the hood told to fear the police since a child. To hate white people. 

Neither have ever hurt me. 

Nobody has ever threatened my life more than those who shared the same skin color as me. Stolen from me. 

Nobody have destroyed the environment I lived in more. Had me witness levels of gang violence that traumatized me before I could even understand what I was seeing (thing like seeing a friend get stabbed, or a friend get shot to death).

Again. All at the hands of black youth. Not the police. 

You need to see statistics. I come from an environment that threatens black youth. Not the police. Not the policies in place. Soms of the people within the environment itself.

This stops those who want to raise their families and grow in such environments. 

Only reason I got out, is I realized I had been lied to very young, and devised a plan and vision to get out, and did.

Had I bought into this victimhood, I would still be there.

There are zero policies stopping a black man from ascending socially in Canada. Find me one if you feel otherwise.

Poverty doesn't have a skin color attached to it. Statistically, at least.

So what are we saying? 

Black lives matter? Or we are using this to defund police forces, soften laws and encourage recidivism because black people are victims, so are now somehow above laws that we have put to castrate them, ignoring that crime is a choice.

We don't have a poverty level which borders on famine that create crime that is born out of survival.

I hope you do understand that horrible policies like this actually hurt my community.

I don't see myself as inferior when I look in the mirror, and such catch phrases aims to do just that.

He will repeal the carbon tax, but then there is the problem of all of those Canadian taxpayers who are going to still want the rebate.

If he reduces your cost of living, they could want it all they wish, it won't matter much.

If the US fails to support the Ukraine, Canada and our allies will have to step up and fill the void

Or look into ways to stop the conflict. Fully cut the cord, regarding direct or indirect investment into Russia.

Cheaper, more effective.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Did much better actually.  And currently polls as one of the best prime ministers ever.

Hah hah! Selective memory or what.One of our least significant PMs glorified.

He did very little. Passed tons of crime bills that didn't stand up. Cut the GST when the coffers needed it. Succumbed to the lowest common populist denominator with fear mongering and anti=immigrant BS during his last campaign.

All in all a most forgettable PM

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, herbie said:

He did very little. Passed tons of crime bills that didn't stand up. Cut the GST when the coffers needed it. Succumbed to the lowest common populist denominator with fear mongering and anti=immigrant BS during his last campaign.

All in all a most forgettable PM

The 'selective memory' is all yours.  Combined with your anger and delusions . . . . you're 'the package'.

Harper didn't damage the country or lower the standard of living.  Introduced the 'First Nations Financial Transparency Act' . . . . trying to stem the vaccuum of $$ to the 'royality' on reserves, etc., etc.  The list is long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herbie said:

LOL  - oh dear, our resident communist is mad that a conservative leader was one of our best :)  And our most left-leaning leader to date has been an unmitigated disaster.

He did very little.

He did a massive amount. He increased accountability of government tremendously. His changes to the federal election funding of parties Was a massive step forward for our democracy. He ended the ability of liberals to rape our unemployment funds as they had in the past. His Innovative techniques for addressing economic downturns Helped us surf through a worldwide crisis with hardly a scratch. He significantly increased Canada's presence on the worldwide stage. His trade deals were exceptional and massively boosted our economy, easily the most effective and impressive since Mulroney. Under his watch separatist sentiment in the east and the west all but died.

Honestly it doesn't get much better.

I have no doubt that the left wants to forget him :)  What a massive embarrassment it is for them to do so badly while he did so well. But - the rest of the country remembers him quite well.

I'm sure you'll be WISHING trudeau was forgettable :)  Sucks to be you kiddo :)

17 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

He increased accountability of government tremendously.

LMAO!

21 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I'm sure you'll be WISHING trudeau was forgettable

I'm just wishing Harper's Transparency & Accountability Act provided for something like the impeachment of Trudeau following the SNC Lavalin Affair.

Everything else attributed to your hero is just as unforgettably lame in the scheme of things.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, eyeball said:

LMAO!

I'm just wishing Harper's Transparency & Accountability Act provided for something like the impeachment of Trudeau following the SNC Lavalin Affair.

That would be nice but if it had, trudeau would just have changed that law.

At least harper's changes are what caught trudeau in the first place.  but lets get real - if left wing voters weren't prepared to vote him out after that, they woudln't have been prepared to 'impeach' him.

Everything else attributed to your hero is just as unforgettably lame in the scheme of things.

Loser lefties who are bitter at right wing successes say what?  :)

24 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

That would be nice but if it had, trudeau would just have changed that law.

At least harper's changes are what caught trudeau in the first place.

Complete bullshit.  The only reason the affair came to light is that Jody Wilson-Raybould blew the whistle instead of following orders and letting SNC Lavalin off the hook. Harper's Transparency and Accountability Act didn't do a single thing to prevent, catch or punish anyone for such a patently opaque and unaccountable act.

31 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

but lets get real - if left wing voters weren't prepared to vote him out after that, they woudln't have been prepared to 'impeach' him.

Listen, we all understand you need to say retarded shit like this when you're dumbstruck by facts. In any case if Poilievre were to promise a Corruption in Government Act that had robust provisions for its prevention, criminal investigation, enforcement and punishment I'd campaign door to door for him.

It shouldn't matter how many partisans a corrupt leader has, above all and especially like everyone else, they should be subject to the law.

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

That simply underscores how flimsy and shoddy Stephen Harper's productions were.

Yeah, I guess you're 'right' . . . . again. 

Harper's Bachelor's & Master's degrees in Economics just couldn't stand up to the 'gray matter' behind the black face of a wanna' be drama teacher . . . .  And here we are, country sliding into third world territory, citizens angry and divided as never before, immigrants with no jobs-homes-skills and more on the way, a truly deranged Minister of Environment with a hate-on for the money making industries that drive this country . . . . again, the list is long. Again, your head's up where the sun don't shine.  By the way, what color is the sky in your world? 

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Complete bullshit.  The only reason the affair came to light is that Jody Wilson-Raybould blew the whistle instead of following orders and letting SNC Lavalin off the hook.

Why do you talk about things you have no knowledge of?  I mean, you look a bit stupid at the best of times, why double down?

IT WASN'T ILLEGAL BEFORE HARPER CHANGED THE RULES.

The libs used to do that all  the time. To put an end to it and create transparency harper passed new laws and changed the positions so that it would not be lawful. That's WHY Judy complained - she didn't want to do something that was now illegal.

FFS - read a book.

Harper's Transparency and Accountability Act didn't do a single thing to prevent, catch or punish anyone for such a patently opaque and unaccountable act.

Except to make it illegal in the first place and have a seperate officer in charge.

Listen, we all understand you need to say retarded shit like this when you're dumbstruck by facts

HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA - says the guy who just screwed up the facts :) LOLOLOL :)  

This is why people aren't taking you leftards too seriously these days :)    You're dumber than stumps. Your big value is that you're hilarious :)

LOL! Harper was the best prime minister we've had by many measures, did MUCH for accountability AND for depoliticizing things like the judicial appointments, the legal system, added a parliamentary budget officer that even HE fought with and who still makes the gov't more accountable, etc.

Justin, the left wing option, has driven the middle class to poverty, increased seperatist sentiment, taught canadians to hate, made Canadians resentful of the immigration process, has caused housing and shelter to be unaffordable and invented the roaming 'trudeau towns' we see now.

I get it - your hero is an utter failure and has proven the conservatives were actually the best choice all along and you're bitter.

But - facts are facts.  We're the best - you suck.  Cope harder.

20 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

IT WASN'T ILLEGAL BEFORE HARPER CHANGED THE RULES.

The libs used to do that all  the time. To put an end to it and create transparency harper passed new laws and changed the positions so that it would not be lawful. That's WHY Judy complained - she didn't want to do something that was now illegal.

FFS - read a book.

Can you point to the book, article, op ed...anything at all, that might corroborate this steaming pile of hooey?

How about Harper's Transparency Act?

LMAO!

12 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Can you point to the book, article, op ed...anything at all, that might corroborate this steaming pile of hooey?

How about Harper's Transparency Act?

LMAO!

The Trudeau government’s suspension last month of a law forcing aboriginal chiefs and band councils to fess up about their spending reflects a big step backward for democratic accountability on reserves.

The Liberal action kneecaps the Financial Transparency Act, enacted in March 2013 by Stephen Harper’s Conservatives.

The law required 581 First Nations to submit annual audited financial statements and salary information of the chief and council to Ottawa. The information was then posted on the Ministry of Aboriginal Affairs website.

It proved extremely effective, providing information to the governed about their governors and government, information they otherwise would never have had. Information that proves particularly useful come voting time.

https://vancouversun.com/opinion/editorials/editorial-reinstate-transparency-act-governing-first-nations-councils

On 2/15/2024 at 3:32 PM, herbie said:

But PP's a miracle worker. He's gonna reduce the deficit, increase NATO funding, reduce crime requiring more cops and prisons and make everything better by starting by throwing away $12 billion worth of carbon tax revenue.

While the rest of us have trouble with grocery prices without cutting our income. .Can he turn water into wine too?

Just do the opposite of Trudeau. It won't happen over night, but it will happen.

Okay maybe you were right.

In 2014 there were no homeless, there were so many doctors half the seniors moved from out town to be close to WalMart and Vancouver home prices were a totally affordable $1.5 million not 2.
Everyone knew from their dealings with any govt agency it wasn't even remotely capable of hidden conspiracies, the refugees were only from Syria and all made delicious chocolate and you could buy a real crap car for only $12,000. 30 year old vehicles were something you tried to get rid of for a couple hunred, mayba $1000, not $35,000.
It's all Trudeau's fault. He made covid and inflation and supply chain issues and Drag Queen Story Hours.

On 2/15/2024 at 12:52 PM, Eddy said:

Pierre Polievre was like a breath of fresh Spring air blowing through the opened window of a sealed, dark, and stale bedroom when he first caught my attention a couple of years ago

I'm sure many voters, in their own way, thought the same of Trudeau Jnr 10 years ago.

====

Americans have weird ways to exclude candidates.

Trudeau Snr created a better measure in federal politics: how well does the PM speak French 

Edited by August1991