Jump to content

Climate crisis is a farce.


Recommended Posts

On 9/15/2023 at 7:04 PM, herbie said:

The Blockheads sing their same song agina

But China, China, China... while we're talking about CANADA.

Did you know China produce twice the greenhouse gas as the USA? And has almost 3 1/2 times the population. Making the USA the worst. That China is implementing alternatives at a much faster rate than anyone else?
Or that the exported BC & AB coal is mainly burned for steel making, not for coal fired electrical plants? No, of course not, all the MSM sources are lies.

 

I wonder how long we will be allowed to use coal to make steel? Will the making of steel become an environmental hazard to the environment and cause more green house gases or carbon into the atmosphere? Where will all of this carbon madness end? This climate change nonsense is just that? Total nonsense. Only the Joe and Mary six packs out there will believe the lies of the MSM and their useless puppets on a WEF globalist string politicians. 

It's sad that there are so many sheeple who will only listen to one side of the story and not the other side of the story. Try googling Marc Morano and listen to what he has to say about this farce called global warming. Learn something. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2023 at 1:18 PM, Zeitgeist said:

Only completely gullible suckers support these taxes on existing.  Life requires energy.  Energy is already expensive without additional carbon taxes, which make everyone poorer.  

We have carbon taxes to stop the production of carbon. But w/o carbon we would all be dead. I support carbon in the air. It helps keep me alive. Those fighting carbon emissions apparently must want to die. Environ"mental"ists are crazy people, man. LOL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, taxme said:

We have carbon taxes to stop the production of carbon. But w/o carbon we would all be dead. I support carbon in the air. It helps keep me alive. Those fighting carbon emissions apparently must want to die. Environ"mental"ists are crazy people, man. LOL.

Don't be silly.  Excesive carbon in the air isn't healthy.  And neither are the pollutants that go along with it,

If we can produce our power without creating those things it's better.  we should do that. Right now we don't have the tech to do that economically nor do we have the political will globally,  As that changes, we should look at switching.

Of course climate change is real. It has been real since the very first day. It will be real if humans all die tomorrow. I'm sure we play a role

But hyping it up that we're all going to die tomorrow is beyond assinine, and pretending it doesn't exist at all is equally so.  It does, it makes sense to switch to cleaner power as those options become available down the road, and to reduce pollution in general, and to adapt to the changing climate in the meantime.

Lets keep it in perspective.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2023 at 12:15 PM, herbie said:

In BC we have. It was brought in in 2008.
As for the federal one, it was introduced only a few years ago for the Provinces that were too stubborn and stupid and passed up on their own new revenue stream.

Therefore, it is entirely useless for anyone living where there's an equivalent Provincial Tax to tout PP and the Tories, You won't gain one red cent as it's not the Feds jurisdiction. Maybe if they offer a matching reduction in the Federal Excise Tax on fuels, but you know damn well they won't.

But don't worry, the voters in a lot of BC are too stupid to realize they'll gain nothing. They're used to gaining nothing from always voting Tory.

Carbon taxes is just another form of tax to steal more money from we the taxpayer's. No carbon taxes goes to fight climate change. If so, then where is all that money going to fight climate change? What is the government doing to fight climate change? Sweet dyk all. Those carbon taxes are either going into somebody's pockets or is sent off to Ukraine to help fight Russia. Anyone who thinks otherwise is nuts. ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2023 at 3:38 PM, WestCanMan said:

How do I explain this in a real, real siyency way...

Coal burned in the powerplants that are situated right next to the coal mines in Wabamun, Sundance and Genesee Alberta releases greenhouse gases into the air which causes global warming flood-fires. 

In order to burn it without releasing any greenhouse gases you have to load it on a train in central Alberta, ship it 1,100 km to the docks on the west coast of BC, sail it 9,100 km across the Pacific Ocean to China, load it back on trains and ship it 1,000 to 2,000 thousand kms to the various coal-fired plants there.

By the time the coal travels 12,000 km by rail and sea and then rail again, the coal can be burned without releasing those harmful greenhouse gases, so it won't cause any global warming flood-fires.

If you don't learn that, you're a racist and Greta hates you. 

ScreenShot2023-09-15at3_36_12PM.png.fbcff02a682bee2242d8e426dc1bb0bc.png

That is the face of a crazy in the head little immature child. LOL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, herbie said:

So you saying I made "sacrifices" and yours aren't? And then confess you 'need' a 3 ton stinky diesel to get to work?

Come on, man! My 20 yr old AWD SUV did the job and now my kid uses it. Only got a 2dr Wrangler because I wanted one and don't have to drive to work anymore. It will be replaced w a hybrid one day.

No thats not the message, the message is your whining about how conservatives do not believe in climate change and have done nothing about it, beating the war drum like you yourself have contributed something great to the climate cause...but really all your doing is preaching, Conservatives bad, I'm good, look what I'm doing... Sounds like it's right out of the Liberal hand book, i bet your NDP friends are proud...

then tell us your sacrifice is turning the thermometer down to 20...and maybe one day get a hybrid... Your talking out of both holes here...you want to talk the talk then get on the train, and do something besides scream into the wind...

It's not a 3 ton truck it's a 3/4 ton...i chose it becasue it is reliable, and gets the job done, hauls my trailers where ever they need to go... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Don't be silly.  Excesive carbon in the air isn't healthy.  And neither are the pollutants that go along with it,

If we can produce our power without creating those things it's better.  we should do that. Right now we don't have the tech to do that economically nor do we have the political will globally,  As that changes, we should look at switching.

Of course climate change is real. It has been real since the very first day. It will be real if humans all die tomorrow. I'm sure we play a role

But hyping it up that we're all going to die tomorrow is beyond assinine, and pretending it doesn't exist at all is equally so.  It does, it makes sense to switch to cleaner power as those options become available down the road, and to reduce pollution in general, and to adapt to the changing climate in the meantime.

Lets keep it in perspective.

Where do you see excessive carbon in the air? I cannot see it. Can you? 

We cannot produce anything without fossil fuels. Everything that is movable needs fossil fuel to run. We cannot do without fossil fuels. Electricity needs fossil fuels to give us electricity. We once use to have lots of smoke coming from those smoking towers that we use to once see, and pollution from cars in the air. That has been all cleaned up and we do not see smoking towers, and vehicles now have catalytic converters in them. Stop talking and acting like we are all going to die from excessive carbon. emissions. It's all just bs. 

Yes, climate change is real but it is not being done by humans all that much. Mother nature does more to change the climate than humans do. One big volcano eruption can emit billions of tons of carbon into the air and she has been doing it for millions of years. Are we all dead yet? NO. The trees and plants love that carbon. 

By the MSM and our lying politicians hyping up climate change is just another tactic by the globalists to try and eliminate fossil fuel and fossil driven vehicles, and to push for more EV vehicles on the road. How many EV charging stations will be needed to charge up the tens of millions of EV vehicles on the road? And those charging stations still needs fossil fuels to run. Even those big windmills that they are planting everywhere still needs fossil fuels to turn and they are supposed to be killing thousands of birds every year. Proof you cannot fix stupid. Stupid today is everywhere. 

Let's just cut the crap an let's all just get back to normal. I am fed up with all of this climate globalist nonsense. Obviously, you have not had enough yet of this climate change nonsense. It's all just one big farce, ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

I guess you don't heat your home with electricity.  My home is heated by electric baseboard heaters.  I don't know what their wattage is but assuming they are 2,000 watts each, that would mean about 8,000 watts running intermittently.  One solar panel produces 250 to 400 watts.  I would need a vast array of solar panels that size to heat the home and there would be no power at night unless you had a vast bank of batteries.  I doubt batteries could provide even 5000 watts of power to run electric heaters.  The roof would not be large enough to hold all the panels.  

Also, in a home that is totally dependent on electricity from the electric company, when the electricity goes off during a storm for example, the home would have no heating or cooking facilities.  Totally dependent on hydro power.

 I assume you have a natural gas furnace, which is a good thing and quite an efficient form of energy.  Nanaimo has banned natural gas on all new homes.  Crazy.  Now every new home will require electric baseboard heating or an electric furnace.  It will make absolutely no difference to climate change. That is what happens when you have woke, radical people elected to town councils.

Not the case at all, solar panels came in all sizes and ability to produce different amounts of power, contact your local solar company and ask about a quote.... plus the government both fed and provincial may have grants or long term loans to fund it... 

Here in NB the power is is not all the dependable, i use to have a 12 KW generator gas powered, but during long black outs this could be a problem as the gas stations need power to pump fuel... there is generators out there that are dual fuel mine takes propane, it's hooked up to a 350 lb tank, runs the whole house with little issues....

My furnace came with my heat pump and is electrical, which is why i have a generator, plus an alternative source of heat pellet stove...

Heat pump system can be installed in any home already plumbed with a furnace and duct work, it runs on electrical, no fossil fuels involved, and depending on the type of system you have it takes the heat out of the air, or ground, or well, the well being the best and is efficient at all temperatures, where taking it out of the air, losses it's efficiency  starting at -15 cel, you should check it out it will save you a bundle on your heating bill...

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Where do you see excessive carbon in the air? I cannot see it. Can you? 

 

Can't see excessive carbon Monoxide either. Kills thousands every year.

Like i said, don't be silly.  Just because you can't see something in the air doesnt' mean it can't harm people.

We can produce all kinds of things without fossil fuels. We have hydro power, we have nuclear power we have solar and wind in limited quantities. So lets try to keep it sane.

The problem is that right now the tech isn't there to move away from fossil fuels entirely.  That day will almost certainly come. In the meantime we can do what the tech does allow for practically. And continue to develop the future tech that will allow us to do away with fossil fuels.

It's that simple. Those who say we should stop using fossil fuels today are !diots - we can't. Not from a practical point of view. Those who claim we can never get off of oil or that there's no reason to ever are equally silly.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Not the case at all, solar panels came in all sizes and ability to produce different amounts of power, contact your local solar company and ask about a quote.... plus the government both fed and provincial may have grants or long term loans to fund it... 

Here in NB the power is is not all the dependable, i use to have a 12 KW generator gas powered, but during long black outs this could be a problem as the gas stations need power to pump fuel... there is generators out there that are dual fuel mine takes propane, it's hooked up to a 350 lb tank, runs the whole house with little issues....

My furnace came with my heat pump and is electrical, which is why i have a generator, plus an alternative source of heat pellet stove...

Heat pump system can be installed in any home already plumbed with a furnace and duct work, it runs on electrical, no fossil fuels involved, and depending on the type of system you have it takes the heat out of the air, or ground, or well, the well being the best and is efficient at all temperatures, where taking it out of the air, losses it's efficiency  starting at -15 cel, you should check it out it will save you a bundle on your heating bill...

I have electric baseboard heaters.  It is a small house of two bedrooms and a small utility room.  There are no ducts.  The heating or electricity bill in the winter is expensive, at around $300 per month or more.  That includes all lighting, heat, stove, fridge, washer and dryer.  I am not sure changing to a heat pump would save money.  There is just a crawl space and ducts would have to be installed to every room.  But if a heat pump provides air conditioning in the summer that would be a good thing.  I am not sure about solar panels, batteries and an electrical system to accommodate all that.  Would be a big job.   You sound like you have a huge propane tank... 350 lbs.  Never knew they had such things.  Must have cost a lot for the 12 KW generator, etc.  I guess I am paying around $2500 or $3000 per year for electricity, including heat.   Would have to find the hydro bills and add them up.  Getting older now so may not be worth the hassle trying to change everything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

And continue to develop the future tech that will allow us to do away with fossil fuels.

I like fossil fuels and think they have brought a fair amount of good life to billions of people on earth.  Natural gas is a valuable natural resource and fairly clean too.  I think Canada has lots of it in the earth.  Northern Canada has a huge supply of gas underground that hasn't even been tapped yet.  We need to resist the enviro wackos who want to destroy the oil and gas industry.  If they want to try to live off solar and wind, they can go for it.  But they should stop trying to wreck everyone else's life and stop telling us what to do. 

Canadians standard of living has been going down steadily under the Liberals with their carbon tax and anti-energy industry regulations.  This is driving up the price of living and making life more costly for everyone except the elite who are not effected by it. 

Edited by blackbird
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I like fossil fuels and think they have brought a fair amount of good life to billions of people on earth. 

That's about as intelligent as saying  "i like heating with wood, i think it's brought a fair amount of good life to billions of people on earth".

It's not exactly untrue - but would have been a stupid reason not to upgrade to coal, the forests of europe were being depleated.  And it would have been a stupid reason not to upgrade from coal to oil.

And it would be beyond re-tarded to use it as a reason not to move from oil to the next power generation.

the fact that we still have some of a dwindling resource does not mean it's not a dwindling resource.  And the fact that natural gas is cleaner than coal doesn't change the fact that something like nuclear is cleaner than natural gas.

It's really not complicated.  I'm sure as a kid you liked pooping in your diapers - but as new and better ways  become available we upgrade.  well... i would hope you did anyway :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, herbie said:

FTFY

I'm pointing out how most people are coping with it and gaining. Solar panels save you $$ as does driving a hybrid or not driving every time. No one is really sacrificing anything.

Thats my point really, Canadians are for the most point of the same mind and attitude, yes climate change is real, but don't ask me to do anything really challenging about it. And the government is smarter than we think , and is following suit....hence why the carbon tax, it's a no brainer, tax the consumer, promise to give him back more than he paid into it, and they will be happy....we get a check in the climate change box, but don't really do anything about climate change...

I did what i did to my home becasue my kids nagged me as they were programed from school...not becasue i think the planet is going to burst into flames.... Kids are no longer here at home, and since realized that climate change cost more than just time and energy, but money and lots of it. Of course they don't have solar panels and the rest of it..."it cost to much" and they think some how i found a magic money tree when i purchased all my stuff.... 

I find solar panels a good investment if you keep up with the maintance and repairs, in the winter time it is a pain in the nuts as you have to keep the snow off the panels, and clean them regularly, meaning getting up on the roof in the winter...... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I find solar panels a good investment if you keep up with the maintance and repairs, in the winter time it is a pain in the nuts as you have to keep the snow off the panels, and clean them regularly, meaning getting up on the roof in the winter...... 

One day they'll come with nuclear powered defrosters.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

That's about as intelligent as saying  "i like heating with wood, i think it's brought a fair amount of good life to billions of people on earth".

That's a silly argument.  Of course mankind moved from wood and coal to oil, natural gas because they are much easier and cleaner to use than wood and coal.

12 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

It's really not complicated.  I'm sure as a kid you liked pooping in your diapers - but as new and better ways  become available we upgrade.  well... i would hope you did anyway.

Of course it's not complicated.  I am comfortable with gas motor vehicles, ships, and aircraft.  There is no nuclear energy that is going to replace the millions of cars, ships, trains, and planes etc. in the foreseeable future.  I don't swallow the Greta gang's demands that we abandon the fossil fuels and find something else.  There is nothing else viable for most of the planet for the foreseeable future.  We will be using oil and gas for generations in spite of what Trudeau, Guilbeault, and Greta Thunberg say.

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

I have electric baseboard heaters.  It is a small house of two bedrooms and a small utility room.  There are no ducts.  The heating or electricity bill in the winter is expensive, at around $300 per month or more.  That includes all lighting, heat, stove, fridge, washer and dryer.  I am not sure changing to a heat pump would save money.  There is just a crawl space and ducts would have to be installed to every room.  But if a heat pump provides air conditioning in the summer that would be a good thing.  I am not sure about solar panels, batteries and an electrical system to accommodate all that.  Would be a big job.   You sound like you have a huge propane tank... 350 lbs.  Never knew they had such things.  Must have cost a lot for the 12 KW generator, etc.  I guess I am paying around $2500 or $3000 per year for electricity, including heat.   Would have to find the hydro bills and add them up.  Getting older now so may not be worth the hassle trying to change everything.

If you have a crawl space and it is only one floor duct work can still be installed by running the duct through your floor Joyce, you 'd have to ask a dealer what the cost are and what the fed and provinces will provide for funding...it would be a plus if you ever decided to sell your home, it would take maybe 8 to 10 years before it paid for itself. and it will save on the power bills... I bought my gen at home hard ware for 1200.00, and the pellet stove for 3000.00 installed...

you can get propane tanks upto 1200 lbs... if you want, but 350 lb last me about the whole winter, with about 3 to 5 power outages, about 1 to 3 days each... it also powers up my BBQ, generator, cost me about 3 to 400 dollars each fill up...but it runs the whole house, and comes on onc e the power shuts off...i can control what i provide power to, via a pony panel...i just flipped the switch from city power to gen power and it is that easy...

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

That's a silly argument.  Of course mankind moved from wood and coal to oil, natural gas because they are much easier and cleaner to use than wood and coal.

That's literally exactly what i said.  Which means what i said was actually intelligent, and it's  your reply that needs a little 'smart' added to it before it's useable

Quote

Of course it's not complicated

And yet you complicate it.

It really IS very simple. Oil and gas are far from ideal. Mankind will create a better source of energy as we always do and we should move to that as soon as possible, it has nothing to do with "liking' fossil fuels,  I'm sure there were plenty of !diots who really liked coal and didn't want to move from that either.

As we come up with cleaner, better tech we'll switch to it.  THat's what i said. Yeash.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

That's literally exactly what i said.  Which means what i said was actually intelligent,

No, that's not correct.   You are the one that brought up the silly argument that I was denying advancement that made sense.  Then accusing me of lacking intelligence.   You've really been on here too much and losing your marbles.

Maybe you should read the Bible and believe it.  Ask God for intelligence and wisdom.  I am sure he would give it to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, blackbird said:

No, that's not correct.   You are the one that brought up the silly argument that I was denying advancement that made sense.  Then accusing me of lacking intelligence.   You've really been on here too much and losing your marbles.

I forgot about your reading comprehension problems.

You were the one who said you liked fossil fuels. Do you need me to go cut and paste your quote? 

Hell kid - if you can't be bothered to remember your own words i don't know why you'd think anyone else would.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

If you have a crawl space and it is only one floor duct work can still be installed by running the duct through your floor Joyce, you 'd have to ask a dealer what the cost are and what the fed and provinces will provide for funding...it would be a plus if you ever decided to sell your home, it would take maybe 8 to 10 years before it paid for itself. and it will save on the power bills... I bought my gen at home hard ware for 1200.00, and the pellet stove for 3000.00 installed...

you can get propane tanks upto 1200 lbs... if you want, but 350 lb last me about the whole winter, with about 3 to 5 power outages, about 1 to 3 days each... it also powers up my BBQ, generator, cost me about 3 to 400 dollars each fill up...but it runs the whole house, and comes on onc e the power shuts off...i can control what i provide power to, via a pony panel...i just flipped the switch from city power to gen power and it is that easy...

Sounds like you have figured it out and have a good setup.  I'm not planning to change anything here as I have serious health issues and am older  anyway.  I don't want to get into the upheaval of major changes here.  What we have works good and we don't have many power outages in this area.  But thanks for the information about it.

I kind of like the electric baseboard heaters because they keep the temperature within about 1/2 or 1 degree of whatever I set it to and there is no forced air blowing around.  Maybe it is a bit more expensive that a different heating system. I don't know.

2 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

You were the one who said you liked fossil fuels

Yes I do like fossil fuels.  Because fossil fuels are the best source of energy for many things.  Nothing wrong with liking fossil fuels unless you are talking to Trudeau, Guilbeault, or Greta.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

es I do like fossil fuels.  Because fossil fuels are the best source of energy for many things. 

Sigh. not, they're not.  they're bad for everything we use them for. They're just better than our other choices right now, and when a better choice comes along we'll switch to it.

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Nothing wrong with liking fossil fuels

There is if you have a brain. They're expensive to mine. We trash sections of the earth to do so. They're a finite resource. They create pollution. etc etc.

So what i said is that they're what we have now and as soon as we can we'll swtich.

What you said was 'Waaaaahhhh but i  liiiiikke them". And all that proves is you're not very bright.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, CdnFox said:

they're bad for everything we use them for.

Sorry to have to tell you, but you have absolutely no argument or facts.  Just making silly statements and throwing insults proves nothing.  It is the mark of a child throwing sand in a sandbox.

  Fossil fuels are the mainstay of the whole world and are used not only as an energy source for millions of vehicles, trains, planes, ships, etc., but for the manufacture of many things that we take for granted including food production.  There is no evidence or possibility that fossil fuels will be disappearing anytime soon.  The whole net zero crusade by the liberals and left is nothing but hot air and baloney, political posturing for votes from the gullible masses.  The liberals and left now depend on the climate change alarmism for their political survival.

Sunak in the UK is starting to realize that the banning of gas vehicles and other things by 2030 is a pipe dream and is trying to move away from it.  This is how it goes.  Liberals and left and even a lot of conservatives make ridiculous promises to appease the voters and then when reality sets in, they start eating their words and try to back off the green agenda.  

Nobody can change the world just because they think fossil fuels are bad.  If there is no realistic alternative, it is not possible.  A politician is not a miracle worker and cannot create a new world out of nothing.  Wishful thinking will not bring about a world without fossil fuels.

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/6/2023 at 11:21 AM, taxme said:

What say you? 

Source: The Iron Will Report. ☺️

If one does not believe human caused climate change is happening at this point, they should seek immediate doctor's attention.

 

Edited by cougar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Don't be silly.  Excesive carbon in the air isn't healthy.  And neither are the pollutants that go along with it,

If we can produce our power without creating those things it's better.  we should do that. Right now we don't have the tech to do that economically nor do we have the political will globally,  As that changes, we should look at switching.

Of course climate change is real. It has been real since the very first day. It will be real if humans all die tomorrow. I'm sure we play a role

But hyping it up that we're all going to die tomorrow is beyond assinine, and pretending it doesn't exist at all is equally so.  It does, it makes sense to switch to cleaner power as those options become available down the road, and to reduce pollution in general, and to adapt to the changing climate in the meantime.

Lets keep it in perspective.

But those are reasonable remarks. Are you alt right or something?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,695
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Linda Teskey
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • Yakuda went up a rank
      Experienced
    • QuebecOverCanada went up a rank
      Grand Master
    • Jeary went up a rank
      Rookie
    • Gator earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Jeary earned a badge
      Week One Done
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...