Jump to content

Trolling Rules


Recommended Posts

Hi @Greg - this goes out to you because it is your forum.

 

11 hours ago, RedDog said:

Jagmeet. Manjeet. Are these claimed “names” even legal?



The GUIDELINES https://repolitics.com/forums/guidelines/  have several references to No Rolling, Personal Attacks, Insults... show respect and be polite

So can you explain how an utterly retarded post such a RedDog's survives being reported ?

What exactly do you want out of this forum seriously ?  Are you happy with the low quality of posters who have gravitated here to post garbage or does it upset you in any way ?

I am seriously confused by your rules at this point.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

So can you explain how an utterly retarded post such a RedDog's survives being reported ?


What exactly do you want out of this forum seriously ?  Are you happy with the low quality of posters who have gravitated here to post garbage or does it upset you in any way ?

I am seriously confused by your rules at this point.

Don't see any big issues with RedDog's post.  If this is what he wants to post, under freedom of speech, he should be able to

Mike, after making 36.5K posts you decide one day to ask what this forum is about??

Quality of posters is what it is.  If you look around it is not too many guys posting, so weeding those perceived bad apples may leave a modestly busy forum look quite empty.

When we leave only you here , Mike, who are you going to have discussions with?   Yourself?

 

Edited by cougar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Admin
On 5/16/2022 at 10:28 AM, Michael Hardner said:

So can you explain how an utterly retarded post such a RedDog's survives being reported ?

You shouldn't presume that no action was taken.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Greg said:

You shouldn't presume that no action was taken.

The post was up for a long time after I reported it, so there was a basis for that presumption.

What's the point of having a rule if the posts with infringements remain ?  The forum will appear to all visitors to not enforce its rules I would say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 5/16/2022 at 10:28 AM, Michael Hardner said:

The GUIDELINES https://repolitics.com/forums/guidelines/  have several references to No Rolling, Personal Attacks, Insults... show respect and be polite

And you follow none of those rules. You smear and attack me and the conservative posters here but you never actually engage in the topic. That's because you know you will lose.

Your M.O. (that's modus operandi for you public school graduates) is straight out of the Fascist/Marxist playbook: Either silence or marginalize your opponent, but never actually engage in a real fact based debate.

And here you are, trying to silence a member. You're such a good little Marxist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Admin
On 5/18/2022 at 12:25 PM, Michael Hardner said:

The post was up for a long time after I reported it, so there was a basis for that presumption.

I'm afraid you're going to see a lot more posts remain, even if there is a moderation action.

I've never really felt comfortable removing posts just because a small portion of the post breaks some type of rule. Particularly when there has been some time lapse between when the original post was made, and when the moderation action happens.  Inevitably, people engage with the post, and then when the moderators remove the post, there is a glaring hole in the middle of the thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 5/20/2022 at 9:40 AM, Greg said:

I'm afraid you're going to see a lot more posts remain, even if there is a moderation action.

I've never really felt comfortable removing posts just because a small portion of the post breaks some type of rule. Particularly when there has been some time lapse between when the original post was made, and when the moderation action happens.  Inevitably, people engage with the post, and then when the moderators remove the post, there is a glaring hole in the middle of the thread.

Greg, I’m a new member but I’m confused. I’ve mod alerted two members who are continually insulting.  You’re worried about losing members? If you don’t weed your lawn, no grass will grow. I don’t mind somebody getting away with bending the rules now and then, but it’s continual here and I’m certainly not going to stay long if your board is nothing but insults and attacks. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Admin
1 hour ago, Rebound said:

if your board is nothing but insults and attacks. 

Rebound, you seem to attract a great deal of insults and attacks. 

Grow a thicker skin and or use the ignore functionality.

The report a post functionality should only be used as a last resort. Not because your feelings were hurt by immature posters who overuse silly insults (which degrades their positions greatly).

I'm not going to police every single incident.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Greg said:

Rebound, you seem to attract a great deal of insults and attacks. 

Grow a thicker skin and or use the ignore functionality.

The report a post functionality should only be used as a last resort. Not because your feelings were hurt by immature posters who overuse silly insults (which degrades their positions greatly).

I'm not going to police every single incident.

You don’t need to police every incident. If you start handing out 3 day bans and threatening permanent bans, it will stop. I know it will stop because that works on other platforms. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Let them talk. 

a) If you do not engage extremists they will go even deeper, and sometimes you create even more extremists. Maybe even the extremists sit back and change their view if you give them ideas to reflect on.

b) Is also good for RCMP surveillance. They probably have a file started on 1-2 people on this forum 😃

Stay rational. As an workaholic and someone that is passionate with politics I am happy I found this forum.

If there is anyway we can donate for more features like a dark forum theme I will be glad to do it. 

Edited by Contrarian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What about calls for committing hate crimes by shooting gays and their families in the back of the head?  Just grow a thicker skin, I guess?  
 

On 9/16/2022 at 2:47 PM, Dougie93 said:

all these people prancing about now

declaring how LGBTQ++ they are ?

how Woke they are ?

radical leftists ?

the arc of history is clear

when the system collapses

they will be dragged out of their homes with their families and shot in the back of the head

when the system collapses, the rage will come like a firestorm

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

What about calls for committing hate crimes by shooting gays and their families in the back of the head?  Just grow a thicker skin, I guess? 

I didn't call for anyone to be shot

I am simply predicting the rise of fascism

as I said, the arc of history is clear

when the system collapses, that is when the fascists seize power

you are the one who is trolling

you are the one who called me a "Nazi"

when in fact I am the one sounding the alarm as to conditions which lead to their ascension

Weimar Germany was the most progressive state in Europe

then upon the  total financial & economic collapse of the state

the National Socialists were elected to power

and the Holocaust followed in the wake

it has also occurred with the collapse of the Soviet Union

immediately after, Yugoslavia collapsed into a genocidal civil war

then came the rise of Putin to power

and now Ukrainians & their families are being subjected to genocidal mass murder

it happens over & over, in the same ways

total financial & economic collapse leads to total wars of annihilation

it is not calling for it to happen, merely by extrapolating from that historical record

to simply articulate the brutal stark realities of history is not trolling

to observe the conditions leading to and predict these catastrophic outcomes is not trolling

I didn't call for it to happen, but I do fear that it will happen, as we face total systemic collapse

to wit, a global financial & economic collapse

which incites the most progressive societies to suddenly swing violently in the opposite direction

as in Germany, which was once a save haven for the Jews fleeing the Russian pogroms

then upon collapse of the empire, the Jews & their families were dragged into the streets & shot

not just Jews mind you, the fascists will also target leftists, intellectuals & homosexuals

it certainly is upsetting, but it is not a provocation simply to discuss how it happens

you on the other hand have falsely accused me of being a "Nazi"

and falsely accused me of advocating for things which I do not

now that is trolling

I've been here a long time, the  long time members here know I am not a "Nazi" nor anything like

I don't call for hate crimes to be committed, quite the opposite

I am well known for warning against the rise of such revanchism

I am more often accused of being an alarmist, for overstating that threat which I observe

I am the anti-Nazi here, whose warnings mostly fall on deaf ears

while you are seemingly here simply for the purposes of trolling

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,265
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    ytt
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...