War In Ukraine

41 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

? Battle for Bakhmut - On the front lines:

Yup. Looks nasty. And the reported kill ratio is 7 to 1...and not in the Ukrainian favor.

Balhmut is apparently about to fall. Aaand...Biden is in for as long as it takes.

At the expense of hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians. 

How nice for him...

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

?

Yes, we've heard all of the Russia Today talking points before.  Putin is very grateful for donkeys like you that repeat them for him.  

"b-b-but our sphere of influence!"

"We were forced to invade Ukraine...to...uh...PRotect Russians!  Yes!"  

"They're forcing us to escalate!" 

The only thing funnier these days than limp threats of Russian escalation, are clueless stooges that yell them out abroad.  

You are welcome to ignore history, plug your ears and make faces all you want, little fella. Whatever keeps you people duly entertained.

12 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

You are welcome to ignore history, plug your ears and make faces all you want, little fella. Whatever keeps you people duly entertained.

My understanding of history is how I realize that you're a clueless buffoon.  It's how anyone with half a brain can see that Sad Vlad's batshit justifications for the Ukraine invasion make no sense whatsoever.  ?

13 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Yup. Looks nasty. And the reported kill ratio is 7 to 1...and not in the Ukrainian favor.

Balhmut is apparently about to fall. Aaand...Biden is in for as long as it takes.

At the expense of hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians. 

How nice for him...

Where are those numbers coming from?  Did you get them off of a Syrian website, or a Russian telegrammer? ?

That Bakhmut has been under assault for close to a year now and it's still not captured despite Russia's manic focus on it should tell you everything about how the war is going. 

If you believe a 7:1 casualty ratio against the Ukrainians...who are dug-in defending urban landscape that typically proves nightmarish to assault...well then it's no wonder you're out there reading and reposting Syrian news.  You're not very smart.   

35 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Where are those numbers coming from?  Did you get them off of a Syrian website, or a Russian telegrammer? ?

That Bakhmut has been under assault for close to a year now and it's still not captured despite Russia's manic focus on it should tell you everything about how the war is going. 

If you believe a 7:1 casualty ratio against the Ukrainians...who are dug-in defending urban landscape that typically proves nightmarish to assault...well then it's no wonder you're out there reading and reposting Syrian news.  You're not very smart.   

Why from the Pentagon. 

https://rumble.com/v2hqlhq-former-ukraine-what-offensive-can-we-expect-judge-wcol-tony-shaffer-militar.html

You can and will squirm, accuse, and generally just try to deny reality. But hey...that's your thing right?

I think it's great that you can be so wrong, with such consistency, and still carry on. It exhibits...real determination.

Well done moonie...

13 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

You are welcome to ignore history

but the history of Canada is that Canada fights with the Anglosphere in the defence of Europe

particularly against Russian aggression on the central front

and since 1949, the strategy has been Containment

what about this situation do you find to be ahistorical in the Canadian context ?

20 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Lol...your dumb games are humorous.  Why do you Libbies insist on denying reality?

The Petro-buck is being challenged with some actual success and your argument is that there's no BRICS currency.

You're not even cognizant of the importance of this. No...your primary concern is to oppose at all costs. And you wonder why Libbie ideals are such a flop...

People can use whatever currency someone else is willing to take. The Yuan is the most manipulated currency in the world and anyone buying Yuan over the USD in the last year would be down 11%.

13 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

plug your ears

I listen to what you say

but there simply is no such thing as a Canada Firster

Isolationism in an American paradigm

Canada is the opposite of that

Canada has always been first to fight

then the Americans have to be dragged in kicking & screaming after

it's like Nationalist defines his Canadian Nationalism as : "I am Canadian, I love Canada, simple as that"

essentially ; "Canada love it or leave it"

but this is Canada

this is what Canada does, this is what Canada has always done

Canada fighting with the Anglosphere in the defence of Europe against Russian aggression

that's as Canadian as Anne Murray & hockey sweaters

33 minutes ago, Aristides said:

People can use whatever currency someone else is willing to take. The Yuan is the most manipulated currency in the world and anyone buying Yuan over the USD in the last year would be down 11%.

What's ur point?

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

What's yours?

That's obvious but '1 more time for the more dense among us'...

BRICS nations are outperforming NATO nations and that the weakening of the Petro-Dollar is a very serious development. 

But I don't expect you to understand this because it's obvious your goal is to do and say anything...

In order to tear the fabric of society to shreds.

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

but the history of Canada is that Canada fights with the Anglosphere in the defence of Europe

particularly against Russian aggression on the central front

and since 1949, the strategy has been Containment

what about this situation do you find to be ahistorical in the Canadian context ?

Nothing. Canada does as a puppet state must do. React. Our UN and NATO obligations bind us in support for those nations problems, as you know. Although Canada did not fall in line with US Gulf war. That was not "sponsored" by the UN. Canada made its own ethical decision, where America and UK went to war.

Once the dominoes start to fall, all the chain reactions will take place.

53 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Canada has always been first to fight

I know, and am not arguing with you. That is the Canada you loved, for many reasons, but is not so loved today. 

Canada led the fight back then as we were under the command of the crown. Canada's soldiers seen and used by British command as an auxilliary force.

In some cases sent in first... as cannon fodder.   ?

5 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Nothing. Canada does as a puppet state must do. React. Our UN and NATO obligations bind us in support for those nations problems, as you know. Although Canada did not fall in line with US Gulf war. That was not "sponsored" by the UN. Canada made its own ethical decision, where America and UK went to war.

Once the dominoes start to fall, all the chain reactions will take place.

is Canada the puppet or the puppet master ?

because again, Isolationism is the American paradigm

thus historically

it was Britain & Canada who dragged America into the Wars

Britain & Canada dragged America into the First & Second World Wars, America kicking & screaming all the way

3 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I know, and am not arguing with you. That is the Canada you loved, for many reasons, but is not so loved today. 

Canada led the fight back then as we were under the command of the crown. Canada's soldiers seen and used by British command as an auxilliary force.

In some cases sent in first... as cannon fodder.   ?

I am simply a Canadian Monarchist

Monarchy being the antithesis to Nationalism

my obligation therein is to defend the Crown

HM King Charles III & Parliamentary Supremacy

realistically, I simply deem the best way of doing so to be by the Angloshere

the Anglo-American Empire of Liberty

formally; the United Kingdom United States Security Agreement, forged in the fires of the Second World War

Victoria Patricia

Just now, Dougie93 said:

is Canada the puppet or the puppet master ?

because again, Isolationism is the American paradigm

thus historically

it was Britain & Canada who dragged America into the Wars

Britain & Canada dragged America into the First & Second World Wars, America kicking & screaming all the way

True, but the long view is America won WWII and emerged as the top superpower in the world, exceeding Great Britain. It benefitted America to wait, sit back and make alot of money providing material support to Britain's war. As long as the Axis or USSR does not gain susbstantial footing. Their timing to enter the war was a master- stroke to add force at the right time, and come out on top.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

I am simply a Canadian Monarchist

Monarchy being the antithesis to Nationalism

my obligation therein is to defend the Crown

HM King Charles III & Parliamentary Supremacy

realistically, I simply deem the best way of doing so to be by the Angloshere

the Anglo-American Empire of Liberty

formally; the United Kingdom United States Security Agreement, forged in the fires of the Second World War

Victoria Patricia

I'm glad you've come round on that because I thought at first you weren't going to.

We know which nations are the greatest and why they must win. In general

29 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

That's obvious but '1 more time for the more dense among us'...

BRICS nations are outperforming NATO nations and that the weakening of the Petro-Dollar is a very serious development. 

But I don't expect you to understand this because it's obvious your goal is to do and say anything...

In order to tear the fabric of society to shreds.

How are they outperforming? Their currencies aren't.

3 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

True, but the long view is America won WWII and emerged as the top superpower in the world, exceeding Great Britain.

ah, but even then, America did not want to create NATO, America was opposed to it

it was actually Britain & Canada who conspired to drag the Americans into that too

NATO was a British Canadian invention, which the Americans were drawn into subtly

4 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

True, but the long view is America won WWII and emerged as the top superpower in the world, exceeding Great Britain. It benefitted America to wait, sit back and make alot of money providing material support to Britain's war. As long as the Axis or USSR does not gain susbstantial footing. Their timing to enter the war was a master- stroke to add force at the right time, and come out on top.

They entered the war because Japan attacked them. Even then, Hitler declared war on the US first which was a relief for Roosevelt and Churchill because they didn't have to sell a war against Germany to the US public.

4 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I'm glad you've come round on that because I thought at first you weren't going to.

I'm simply not going to be drawn into Canadian Nationalism

as Canadian Nationalism is in contravention of the Constitution Act

Canadian Nationalism has no constitution, it is simply the rule of a mob

Canadian Nationalism is the FLQ, not Princess Patricia

Princess Patricia is British

19 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Their timing to enter the war was a master- stroke to add force at the right time, and come out on top.

but the architect was Winston Churchill

because America was drawn into the European war by Lend-Lease

America did not declare war on Hitler

Lend-Lease incited Hitler to declare war on America with the Japanese

all according to Churchill's plan

then Churchill went to work after the war, to drag America into the Cold War

Harry Truman brought Churchill in as a ringer, at Fulton Missouri

the declaration of the Cold War against Soviet Bolshevism

41 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

We know which nations are the greatest and why they must win. In general

ah,  but British is not a nation

there's no such thing as British Nationalism

British & Nationalist are polar opposites

Britain is a team of rivals

an assembly of nations which are in conflict, often sworn enemies

Nationalism drives those enemies into civil war

British is the solution, the anti-Nationalist peace agreement

British is simply a system of governance

Parliamentary Supremacy & the rule of law under the protection of the British Crown

that's the only thing binding me to Quebec

it's not like I am Quebecois or could ever be one even if I tried

they have their relationship to the Crown

Ontario has a separate relationship to the Crown

so long as we don't become Nationalists ;there is no cause for Ontario & Quebec to go to war against each other

they can fly their Fleur-de-lys, I can fly my Red Ensign, in splendid isolation from each other

• Like 1