Evil Russian Empire invades defenseless Ukraine.

CITIZEN_2015

In spite of repeated denials by the leader of Russia, Vladimir Putin, last night ordered Russian army to invade Ukraine.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8641948/ukraine-russia-putin-war/

The brave Ukrainian army is defending and putting a fight against the much stronger Russian invading forces and Ukraine has reportedly shot down six Russian invader planes and one helicopter.

Canada and Western allies have immediately slapped Russia with punishing sanctions. We must do everything we can to help to defeat this Russian aggression in Europe which if not defeated could engulf the whole world.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

• CITIZEN_2015 changed the title to Evil Russian Empire invades defenseless Ukraine.

May the civilians in the regions affected safely emerge on the other side. 

Some regions are seeing some fairly large battles. Other areas are quiet.

As for Canada and America getting involved: no. With our leadership, a rotten idea. They are as corrupt as Ukraine's government. Any involvement there is to save their money laundering zone.

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

May the civilians in the regions affected safely emerge on the other side. 

Some regions are seeing some fairly large battles. Other areas are quiet.

As for Canada and America getting involved: no. With our leadership, a rotten idea. They are as corrupt as Ukraine's government. Any involvement there is to save their money laundering zone.

Right, every Ukrainian is a money launderer.

Another flailing tyrant. Probably backed by the Chinese so we will see how this all plays out. 

I imagine it the US goes in with military force, China joins in along with others (probably Iran) and we are likely in the middle of a nuclear war. 

Edited by West

4 hours ago, West said:

Another flailing tyrant. Probably backed by the Chinese so we will see how this all plays out. 

I imagine it the US goes in with military force, China joins in along with others (probably Iran) and we are likely in the middle of a nuclear war. 

You have a very dark imagination. Don't ever choose a profession as clairvoyant as you would increase suicide rate significantly.

Putin must be put on trial for war crimes as many civilians have been killed. Ukraine will be a graveyard for Russia's invading military which will hopefully put Putin in grave too, 6 feet deep. 

Russian invaders tried to capture a strategic airport near Kiev so that they can land their ground forces near the Capital and attack Kiev but they were pushed back by defending Ukrainian Army.

Victory to Ukraine and death and destruction to Russia and Putin. 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

On 2/24/2022 at 4:32 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

In spite of repeated denials by the leader of Russia, Vladimir Putin, last night ordered Russian army to invade Ukraine.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8641948/ukraine-russia-putin-war/

The brave Ukrainian army is defending and putting a fight against the much stronger Russian invading forces and Ukraine has reportedly shot down six Russian invader planes and one helicopter.

Canada and Western allies have immediately slapped Russia with punishing sanctions. We must do everything we can to help to defeat this Russian aggression in Europe which if not defeated could engulf the whole world.

In the last few days I've heard many different takes on the sanctions. One pundit suggested really going after certain oligarchs that actually hold Putin's billions which would hit Putin where it hurts him personally. Putin doesn't care in the least about anyone, even his own citizens.

Another suggestion, probably more realistic is that the West  really cares more about being seen to push back against Russia more than actual severe sanctions. More like a bluff.

A FOX news contributor said that so far, the fighting more or less stops at night because the Russian military doesn't have the ability to fight at night. I find this hard to believe as they seem pretty well equipped. 

I'm not sure about Russian losses so far but I've heard some fair numbers which may or may not be true.

1 minute ago, ironstone said:

In the last few days I've heard many different takes on the sanctions. One pundit suggested really going after certain oligarchs that actually hold Putin's billions which would hit Putin where it hurts him personally. Putin doesn't care in the least about anyone, even his own citizens.

Another suggestion, probably more realistic is that the West  really cares more about being seen to push back against Russia more than actual severe sanctions. More like a bluff.

A FOX news contributor said that so far, the fighting more or less stops at night because the Russian military doesn't have the ability to fight at night. I find this hard to believe as they seem pretty well equipped. 

I'm not sure about Russian losses so far but I've heard some fair numbers which may or may not be true.

I think the most effective sanction would be to remove Russia from SWIFT banking system to hit hard on their trade anywhere in the world. Not sure why Germany and Italy and France are reluctant to do so.

Latest news is that Ukrainian army is putting a fight in Kiev and a large portion of the Capital still in their control. Ukraine will become a second Afghanistan for Russia. A graveyard for Russian troops and ultimate fall of evil Russian empire.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60534959

1 minute ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I think the most effective sanction would be to remove Russia from SWIFT banking system to hit hard on their trade anywhere in the world. Not sure why Germany and Italy and France are reluctant to do so.

Latest news is that Ukrainian army is putting a fight in Kiev and a large portion of the Capital still in their control. Ukraine will become a second Afghanistan for Russia. A graveyard for Russian troops and ultimate fall of evil Russian empire.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60534959

I do think that's possible but I hate the fact that it may come to this here in 2022 with what will mean huge losses in lives. Things have changed in Russia in that there are actually some protests against the invasion of Ukraine. 

The Russian military is probably better equipped than it's ever been but if they are taking heavy casualties it reminds me of their war with Nazi Germany. The Red Army always seemed to take huge casualties no matter if they were in retreat or advancing. Back then the leadership simply didn't care about the lives of their own soldiers, only defeat of the enemy at any cost. Is the Russian military mindset still like that today? There are some contributors in here well versed in military matters, what do you guys think?

Just now, ironstone said:

I do think that's possible but I hate the fact that it may come to this here in 2022 with what will mean huge losses in lives. Things have changed in Russia in that there are actually some protests against the invasion of Ukraine. 

The Russian military is probably better equipped than it's ever been but if they are taking heavy casualties it reminds me of their war with Nazi Germany. The Red Army always seemed to take huge casualties no matter if they were in retreat or advancing. Back then the leadership simply didn't care about the lives of their own soldiers, only defeat of the enemy at any cost. Is the Russian military mindset still like that today? There are some contributors in here well versed in military matters, what do you guys think?

Russian fighting doctrine does tend towards the straight forward move due to its top down command structure. Thus it can be easy to set up big ambushes for these predictable moves. However, Ukraine uses the same doctrine...and the Russians have many more men. 

You are correct that the Red Army tended to throw bodies in front of bullets in terms of WW2.

Kiev 1941 was the Germans biggest victory in WW2.

3 hours ago, ironstone said:

The Red Army always seemed to take huge casualties no matter if they were in retreat or advancing. Back then the leadership simply didn't care about the lives of their own soldiers, only defeat of the enemy at any cost. Is the Russian military mindset still like that today? There are some contributors in here well versed in military matters, what do you guys think?

In any dictatorship, the regime doesn't care about loss of lives of their own soldiers. That is not considered a cost to them only being defeated is considered a cost. Usually they sacrifice the entire population if they need to, in order to achieve their goals. The most recent example is Iran-Iraq war. The invading Iraqi army had landmines all over the occupied Iran. But the Iran regime used human mass raids (children promised heaven asked or forced to run over the mine fields) to liberate the occupied lands. Tens of thousands were killed. 

As mentioned, The Red army did not care about human lives lost and to a lesser extend this regime (Putin) does not care either however, in spite of Putin being a mass murderer so far there is no comparison between him and another mass murderer Stalin.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

I wonder what is going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. Putin could have lived a very comfortable life with all the billions he has stolen but instead he started a chain of events which will ultimately lead to him being deposed from power.

After all, even if he insists on jumping off a cliff not everybody is willing to follow him and do the same.

7 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

I wonder what is going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. Putin could have lived a very comfortable life with all the billions he has stolen but instead he started a chain of events which will ultimately lead to him being deposed from power.

After all, even if he insists on jumping off a cliff not everybody is willing to follow him and do the same.

It could be there's nothing going on behind the scenes at all and he's no different than a common shooter on a rampage in a mall.  Of course with an arsenal of nukes at his disposal he's in a better position to take as many with him as possible.

Yeah, it really could be no more or less mundane than that - notwithstanding the nukes of course.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

Logic doesn't apply to men like him. Putin is not the only character not following common sense in his actions. Men like him are plenty in the history. Madmen sacrificing their nation, their country and sometimes the entire world for their uncalculated ambitions.

• Like 1