Trucker's Convoy

West

One of the organizers of the Freedom Convoy will be headed back to Ontario to receive a special honour. Medicine Hat’s Tamara Lich has been given The George Jonas Freedom Award for her part in organizing the Freedom Convoy that drew international attention for occupying Ottawa’s downtown core in February. The Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms will present the award to Lich on June 16th at a special ceremony in Toronto. George Jonas (1935-2016) was a renowned Canadian author, poet and columnist. He wrote on the importance of freedom. The award recognizes one person annually who has contributed to advancing and preserving freedom in Canada.

56 minutes ago, Goddess said:

One of the organizers of the Freedom Convoy will be headed back to Ontario to receive a special honour. Medicine Hat’s Tamara Lich has been given The George Jonas Freedom Award for her part in organizing the Freedom Convoy that drew international attention for occupying Ottawa’s downtown core in February. The Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms will present the award to Lich on June 16th at a special ceremony in Toronto. George Jonas (1935-2016) was a renowned Canadian author, poet and columnist. He wrote on the importance of freedom. The award recognizes one person annually who has contributed to advancing and preserving freedom in Canada.

Why her and not the guy rotting in jail for freedom since March???

5 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Pontificate? Thanks for the compliment :)

Those that chose to get vaccinated to "save" their jobs did so because their employer was taking care of the health of all their employees, not just a selected few.

They did it because they don't trust our government and they didn't want their businesses locked down again. No one can afford that. 

We felt that pressure because we own a business ourselves. People just assumed that we were vaccinated and we didn't tell them any different. 

Democracy means majority rules.

Not within my own veins it doesn't.

Glad you are happy with your choice and so it should be.

That doesn't mean that I'm happy about the fact that other people were forced. Only a sick bastard would be happy about that.

I am happy with my choice to but, to be besmirched for my choice and my opinion is a sign of very petty and intolerant people.

No one is besmirching you for your choice to get the jab yourself. You can say that your testicles identify as old ladies and get 3 shots in each nut if you want to, and I won't give a rip. 

Your opinion that other people have to do what you want them to is what you're getting chastised for. 

If you believe the vax works and you got the vax then you shouldn't have to worry about what other people have.

If the vaxes aren't getting us to herd immunity when our pop is 80% vaxed, like we were told they would, then why should we keep trusting them?

They said that the vaccines would work, then that we'd just get a bit sick, then they said that we might end up in hospital but not ICU, then ICU but not dead, then it was just normal that thousands of 2x and 3x jabbed people die in a 3 month span. How far do we have to move the goalposts in order to consider the jab a vaccine success story? Enough already.

The Pfizer blankie is there for people who want it, there's no justification at all for those liars to be able to force anyone to take it, period. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Oh get a grip for Pete's sake. It simply means you have to find a job where not being vaccinated is an option.

The country is filled with help wanted signs everywhere you go.  How hard can it be?

That was pure stupidity.

Do you understand that some people have worked at their jobs for a decade or more? Have pensions there? Lots of holidays?

They put their noses to the grindstone for a lot of years and now they have it easier, make more money, etc, and they have to give it all up just because they don't want to take a vaccine with known, harmful side effects? One which they know for certain they don't need? 

And what about people like nurses who lost their jobs and obviously won't find more work in that field - if you can be turfed for not having the vax then you can definitely be refused a job for not having the vax.

I hate doing all of your thinking for you eyeball. I really do. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

They did it because they don't trust our government and they didn't want their businesses locked down again. No one can afford that. 

That doesn't mean that I'm happy .......

No one is besmirching you for your choice to get the jab yourself. You can say that your testicles identify as old ladies and get 3 shots in each nut if you want to, and I won't give a rip. 

Your opinion that other people have to do what you want them to is what you're getting chastised for. 

If you believe the vax works and you got the vax then you shouldn't have to worry about what other people have.

If the vaxes ....

They said ......

The Pfizer blankie is there for people who want it, there's no justification at all for those liars to be able to force anyone to take it, period. 

They did it for their own business reasons.

My testicles? You have the worst analogy's on this forum. Constantly reiterating stupidity with them. LOL

I have in no way told people what to do.... ever. Always just said it is your choice for your reasons.

As for the vax working, well, "More than 5.15 billion people worldwide have received a dose of a Covid-19 vaccine" so either you are the only smart one in the world and there are 5.15 billion people in the world that are stupider than you or something is working?

20 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

So you chose not to get the vaccination.

People made decisions and the consequences thereof.

It is not me that is playing stupid, it is those that do not understand they are in control of their own life and decisions.

Be an adult and accept the decision you made.

In order for me to be able to go and visit my wife who now is living in a care home, and who now has dementia, I was forced to get fully vaccinated in order to go visit my sick wife. There was no other choice for me but to get fully vaccinated or not be able to visit and see my wife in the care home in person anymore. 

What our Marxist government political leaders have done to we the people is truly a crime against humanity. They knew from the very beginning that this covid nonsense was all just that? Nonsense and lies. Sadly for me, those batasrds will never pay the price for their covid crimes for what they have done towards myself and my wife. ?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

They did it for their own business reasons.

My testicles? You have the worst analogy's on this forum. Constantly reiterating stupidity with them. LOL

I have to agree that your position on vaccination mandates is beyond stupid.

53 minutes ago, taxme said:

In order for me to be able to go and visit my wife who now is living in a care home, and who now has dementia, I was forced to get fully vaccinated in order to go visit my sick wife. There was no other choice for me but to get fully vaccinated or not be able to visit and see my wife in the care home in person anymore. 

What our Marxist government political leaders have done to we the people is truly a crime against humanity. They knew from the very beginning that this covid nonsense was all just that? Nonsense and lies. Sadly for me, those batasrds will never pay the price for their covid crimes for what they have done towards myself and my wife. ?

I also could not see my Mother who also had dementia but, she fortunately lived through covid in her LTC.

Yes. The restrictions imposed by the LTC or hospital was to protect everyone in the home and the staff as best they could.

Imagine how much you would be screaming if she had caught covid and passed a because someone came in with covid and infected everyone?

Maybe you should be grateful your wife is alive because someone cared enough about her safety?

Edited by ExFlyer

5 minutes ago, cougar said:

I have to agree that your position on vaccination mandates is beyond stupid.

I have no position other than being an adult making adult decisions about my safety and life.

Interesting to me why so many here are pissed and upset about my choices. I could not really care less about your choices, why do you care about mine? You are not better nor smarter than me.

Just now, ExFlyer said:

I have no position other than being an adult making adult decisions about my safety and life.

Interesting to me why so many here are pissed and upset about my choices. I could not really care less about your choices, why do you care about mine? You are not better nor smarter than me.

Nobody cares about your choices.

People care about their personal rights and freedoms that you seem to be totally ignorant about.  Just stop this drivel and take as many vaccination shots as you like.  You might set a new Guiness record for vaccination if you want.  I do not care.

1 minute ago, cougar said:

Nobody cares about your choices.

People care about their personal rights and freedoms that you seem to be totally ignorant about.  Just stop this drivel and take as many vaccination shots as you like.  You might set a new Guiness record for vaccination if you want.  I do not care.

Great news.

Then why keep commenting on my choices?

I will take as many vaccination shots as they give. My choice, just as it is your choice not to. Why do you care so much? Or maybe I should thank you for being concerned about me LOL

As I have said, you have all the personal rights you had before covid. You seem to be totally ignorant about that. :)

Oh, c'mon, you do care. Otherwise you would not keep telling me all these things. Thank you for all your concern. :)

10 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

As I have said, you have all the personal rights you had before covid. You seem to be totally ignorant about that. :)

Wow, get the next few boosters, take some in the ears, hopefully they help you see reality.

Edited by cougar

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

That was pure stupidity.

Do you understand that some people have worked at their jobs for a decade or more? Have pensions there? Lots of holidays?

They put their noses to the grindstone for a lot of years and now they have it easier, make more money, etc, and they have to give it all up just because they don't want to take a vaccine with known, harmful side effects? One which they know for certain they don't need? 

And what about people like nurses who lost their jobs and obviously won't find more work in that field - if you can be turfed for not having the vax then you can definitely be refused a job for not having the vax.

Wah.

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I hate doing all of your thinking for you eyeball. I really do

I'm not surprised given the effort you have to put into thinking for yourself.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, cougar said:

Wow, get the next few boosters, take some in the ears, hopefully they help you see reality.

Reality? I see reality.

Tell me exactly what personal rights have you lost??? Go for it. Tell me LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

I also could not see my Mother who also had dementia but, she fortunately lived through covid in her LTC.

Yes. The restrictions imposed by the LTC or hospital was to protect everyone in the home and the staff as best they could.

Imagine how much you would be screaming if she had caught covid and passed a because someone came in with covid and infected everyone?

Maybe you should be grateful your wife is alive because someone cared enough about her safety?

You don’t understand quality of life and think it’s okay to enslave the elderly to “protect” them.  Isolating and tormenting the elderly was indeed a crime against humanity perpetrated by the health dictatorship.   The question is, are we still doing that without the excuse of Covid?  The better question is, Was it ever okay to do these crimes with the excuse of Covid?   I’d argue that Covid never justified these suspensions of rights and freedoms.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Reality? I see reality.

Tell me exactly what personal rights have you lost??? Go for it. Tell me LOL

I am unable to even apply for many jobs, based on vaccination status.

I am not allowed on a plane based on vaccination status.

I am probably not allowed on a train based on vaccination status.

You can't visit a sick person at a hospital based on vaccination status, as it was pointed out to you.

What exactly is so difficult to understand for you ???  Get the boosters and try reading through the posts again.

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

You don’t understand quality of life and think it’s okay to enslave the elderly to “protect” them.  Isolating and tormenting the elderly was indeed a crime against humanity perpetrated by the health dictatorship.   The question is, are we still doing that without the excuse of Covid?  The better question is, Was it ever okay to do these crimes with the excuse of Covid?   I’d argue that Covid never justified these suspensions of rights and freedoms.  

Man, you are one sad example of a human.

21 minutes ago, cougar said:

I am unable to even apply for many jobs, based on vaccination status.

I am not allowed on a plane based on vaccination status.

I am probably not allowed on a train based on vaccination status.

You can't visit a sick person at a hospital based on vaccination status, as it was pointed out to you.

What exactly is so difficult to understand for you ???  Get the boosters and try reading through the posts again.

Your choice of jobs and the employers choice of employees. There is no personal right that you are owed or deserve a job. So, thats out

There is no personal right for you to get on a planes or trains so, that's out too.

The hospitals mandate is to protect its patients and if you are considered a risk, so be it. There is no personal right that you must be able to enter a health facility for a visit.

What exactly do you think you are actually entitled you or are you one of those millennials that think you are entitled to everything??

Try again dude, you lost no personal rights that yu had before covid.

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

don’t understand quality of life and think it’s okay to enslave the elderly to “protect” them.

Are you one of those who say "protect the vulnerable" whenever the topic of masks, social distancing or restrictions come up,?  Because if so, why would you object to measures taken to protect them?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

Are you one of those who say "protect the vulnerable" whenever the topic of masks, social distancing or restrictions come up,?  Because if so, why would you object to measures taken to protect them?

I saw how at my mother in-law’s seniors’ home the staff were under investigation for locking residents in their rooms.  I saw how it took weeks just to get a Zoom visit and months before we could visit in person.  I can only imagine how it must have felt for those elderly to go several months without in person visits and to die alone.   “Protecting the vulnerable”? Please.  Some of these people fought in major wars.  Those responsible for care protected themselves — from the responsibility of looking out for the social-emotional well-being of people.  Early on those elderly with Covid should’ve gone straight to hospital.  Instead many were abandoned as staff cut and run.  I know there was confusion and uncertainty about how to deal with outbreaks, but I feel sorry for anyone who had to live under these conditions.  I hope to God no one offers me or the people I care about that kind of “protection” again.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

6 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Your choice of jobs and the employers choice of employees. There is no personal right that you are owed or deserve a job. So, thats out

What is out?  

There is simply a new level of discrimination called vaccination status.

As I said, get a dozen boosters in your ears, hopefully they get to your brain and cure you.