Trucker's Convoy

West

6 hours ago, cougar said:

What is out?  

There is simply a new level of discrimination called vaccination status.

As I said, get a dozen boosters in your ears, hopefully they get to your brain and cure you.

Your arguments are out.

If you want to work , then do so. if you do not want to comply with an employers requirements then don't. Guess what? It's your choice.

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Stupid questions and constant rationalizations of poor government.  Why are you on here?  Seriously, bring some insight or value.  

They are not stupid questions when those being asked can never respond intelligently and with real answers as opposed to claiming it being a stupid question.

I am here playing devils advocate to the doom and gloomers such as yourself.

I bring insight and value and sometimes alternative and sometimes opposite points of view which should encourage discussion but instead, enrages single minded folks like you when someone disagrees with your point of view.

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 1

Why is the foreign influence exibited in the trucker's convoy and the rolling thunder protest so strong? Why are there American flags in a supposedly Canadian event?  And Infidel Dog, "pursuit of happiness" is an American saying. The US is a great country but we are not Americans. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Why is the foreign influence exibited in the trucker's convoy and the rolling thunder protest so strong? Why are there American flags in a supposedly Canadian event?  And Infidel Dog, "pursuit of happiness" is an American saying. The US is a great country but we are not Americans. 

Everybody likes to jump on a bandwagon.

When the local news (radio and tv) asked the latest rolling thunder protesters (rallyists?) and the other event (whatever that was) why they were there, there was not one intelligent response. One said freedom and when asked what freedoms he had no answer and told the reporter to (bleep) off  LOL.  One just said Trudeau has to go because he made everyone take shots. He was asked if he did and he said yes because Trudeau made him??? One guy told the reporter he came all the way form Saskatoon and nothing is happening so he wasted a trip LOL

There were even a number that said they just wanted to see what was going on.

So, in my mind, these "events" are happening just because. No cohesion, not real purpose anymore, just something to do.

And no, I do not have any facetime or twitter videos and only relaying what I saw on my, yes, main stream media reports on the news.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Are we even Canadians?  What is the Canadian-ness that must be protected here?  Is it the Constitution?  If so, great.  You’re worried about American influence, but at least we know a bit about the American context and the values of its constitution.  If our Canadian Constitutional rights aren’t protected and the American influence is cast out as un-Canadian, what about other unaccountable influences on our government?  It seems like our own government won’t protect our constitution.  

The Constitution is protected. What part of the Constitution is not protected, both by the Courts, Parliament and the Crown? No where does the constitution give anyone the right to break the law.

The context and values of the US constitution also do not permit anyone to break the law. Both documents are designed to protect us from those who would violate the law, from parking violations to murder.

What  "unaccountable influences on our government" are you referring to? The negative foreign influence I was referring to was not on the government, but on the protesters. That is not illegal, just not desired by me. There are many American influences that are positive such as the view that racism is wrong. But, the American tradition of distrust in science and government, is a negative one.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The Constitution is protected. What part of the Constitution is not protected, both by the Courts, Parliament and the Crown? No where does the constitution give anyone the right to break the law.

The context and values of the US constitution also do not permit anyone to break the law. Both documents are designed to protect us from those who would violate the law, from parking violations to murder.

I’m tired of repeating the multiple violations of our Constitution that have taken place.  If you don’t see them or believe there were breaches, that’s your right, but the conversation ends there.  I would say that a government that plays loose with the Constitution will be imperilled politically eventually.  The country is more divided than I’ve ever seen.  I’m not so sure anymore about the value of Canada as a nation state if its sovereignty and constitution aren’t upheld.  If too many Canadians feel this way, the federal government will have to change its ways.  I’m doubtful that this government will do that.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

1) They did it for their own business reasons.

2) My testicles? You have the worst analogy's on this forum. Constantly reiterating stupidity with them. LOL

3) I have in no way told people what to do.... ever. Always just said it is your choice for your reasons.

4) As for the vax working, well, "More than 5.15 billion people worldwide have received a dose of a Covid-19 vaccine" so either you are the only smart one in the world and there are 5.15 billion people in the world that are stupider than you or something is working?

I'm surprised that you can even read.

1) If by "their own business reasons" you mean - they didn't want to lose their business, Sure thing flyer

2) The analogy was bang-on. You can pseudovax as much as you want and it doesn't offend anyone. Get a needle a day if you want, good for you. That means that covid can only kill you or put you in the ICU at worst. 

4) If the vax was working then the case fatality rate in the US in the US would be lower than that of the rest of the world, because they had the vaxes longer than anyone else and they have more people vaxed than the global average. The CFR for the US is exactly equal to that of the entre rest of the world, right since the beginning of covid. 1.2% in the US, 1.2% for the entire rest of the world, right since the beginning of covid. 

3) Saved the best for last. YES, YOU DO "TELL" PEOPLE WHAT TO DO. You're like one of the people in Nazi Germany who went along with all of the Nazis' propaganda and backed them every step of the way. People like you didn't get a job at the local gas chamber, but they were vocal supporters of said gas chamber. Re: the pseudovax - you go along with the vax pass, the discrimination, and you fervently support the government's use of force to vax people. You're one of the sheeple. Trudeau counts on people like you to get behind his idiotic propaganda and act like everything he does is ok when it's clearly not.

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, eyeball said:

Wah.

I'm not surprised given the effort you have to put into thinking for yourself.

So you started off by saying that it was no big deal if people lost their jobs because they could just grab another job somewhere like it was no big deal, I showed you how stupid your comment was, and you just replied with "Wah".

Then you accuse me of being the one who isn't thinking. Lmao. 

Good talk, eyeball. 

6 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

If you want to work , then do so. 

Tell this to a black man who doesn't get a job because he is black.  Oh, I see, you want him to bleach his skin to get hired?

Now I am starting to think that the boosters you took might have messed you up.

37 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’m tired of repeating the multiple violations of our Constitution that have taken place.  If you don’t see them or believe there were breaches, that’s your right, but the conversation ends there.  I would say that a government that plays loose with the Constitution will be imperilled politically eventually.  The country is more divided than I’ve ever seen.  I’m not so sure anymore about the value of Canada as a nation state if its sovereignty and constitution aren’t upheld.  If too many Canadians feel this way, the federal government will have to change its ways.  I’m doubtful that this government will do that.  

The review currently underway will give us a better idea if the Emergency Proclamation was justified and if there was any breech of the constitution. That is where the Government will be held accountable. In the meantime, the results of the leadership race will determine how much peril the Grits will be in. Unless Mr. Charest or Mr. Brown win, Prime Minister Trudeau will likely win the next election, taking him to 2029. Of course, nothing is certain in politics. The NDP may find another super leader like Jack Layton. That's why politics is so much fun.

16 minutes ago, cougar said:

Tell this to a black man who doesn't get a job because he is black.  Oh, I see, you want him to bleach his skin to get hired?

Now I am starting to think that the boosters you took might have messed you up.

Huh? Trucker convoy? Vaccinations and you come up with that??

Sounds tome like you lost the argument and deflect again <OL

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I'm surprised that you can even read.

1) If by "their own business reasons" you mean - they didn't want to lose their business, Sure thing flyer

2) The analogy was bang-on. You can pseudovax as much as you want and it doesn't offend anyone. Get a needle a day if you want, good for you. That means that covid can only kill you or put you in the ICU at worst. 

4) If the vax was working then the case fatality rate in the US in the US would be lower than that of the rest of the world, because they had the vaxes longer than anyone else and they have more people vaxed than the global average. The CFR for the US is exactly equal to that of the entre rest of the world, right since the beginning of covid. 1.2% in the US, 1.2% for the entire rest of the world, right since the beginning of covid. 

3) Saved the best for last. YES, YOU DO "TELL" PEOPLE WHAT TO DO. You're like one of the people in Nazi Germany who went along with all of the Nazis' propaganda and backed them every step of the way. People like you didn't get a job at the local gas chamber, but they were vocal supporters of said gas chamber. Re: the pseudovax - you go along with the vax pass, the discrimination, and you fervently support the government's use of force to vax people. You're one of the sheeple. Trudeau counts on people like you to get behind his idiotic propaganda and act like everything he does is ok when it's clearly not.

Man, you are so out to lunch.

Do what you want....that is my message.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Man, you are so out to lunch.

Do what you want....that is my message.

You're just regurgitating and defending propaganda even though you don't really understand it all Flyer. 

If you think about it, the pseudovaxes are so far from being "as advertised" that they're unrecognizable from the original description. 

If the vaccines actually were necessary and if they were "safe and effective" there would be no reason for people to balk at the opportunity to get them.

As it stands:

-healthy people don't need the vaxies,

-the vaxies don't stop people from getting covid,

-the vaxies don't stop people from spreading covid, (herd immunity was a big promise, and a total lie)

-the vaxies don't stop people from dying from covid,

-people who don't need the vaxies can also get myocarditis from it,

-women have been known to miss their periods for months after taking the vaxies.

But people like you are still advocating for the government to continue forcing young men and women who don't need the vaxies to take them and risk the serious side-effects. 

Edited by WestCanMan

We are well into the year three of this affair, and I insist on being informed of the rationale and justification for the mandates. What was the risk of getting it in a store? What was the risk of getting it in the public transport? How effective were measures?

Sweden had no mandates. The most recent peak of Covid-related fatalities was 53; proportionate to Ontario population, 75. Proportionate to Quebec population: 44.

The actual peak numbers in Ontario: 82; Quebec: 73. The latter is 65% higher than Sweden's.

So, you have to explain it. No, blah we just thought blah blah won't suffice. When you force people to do something you have to be accountable. You have to explain and prove: were the measures necessary, effective and justified? Why, with the measures you performed worse than countries without them?

No: just saying it won't do. You have to explain and you'll need to prove.

Edited by myata

26 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You're just regurgitating and defending propaganda even though you don't really understand it all Flyer. 

If you think about it, the pseudovaxes are so far from being "as advertised" that they're unrecognizable from the original description. 

If the vaccines actually were necessary and if they were "safe and effective" there would be no reason for people to balk at the opportunity to get them.

As it stands:

-the vaxies don't stop people from spreading covid, (herd immunity was a big promise, and a total lie)

-women have been known to miss their periods for months after taking the vaxies.

But people like you are still advocating for the government to continue forcing young men and women who don't need the vaxies to take them and risk the serious side-effects. 

I do not regurgitate, I do not advocate either. I just tell you to do what you want.

You and your ilk are the ones regurgitating and advocating your beliefs and mantra and not getting the respect you think you deserve and you get mad at anyone that does not agree with you. .

Keep it up, get in the penalty box and live like losers because it is what it is and it is not what you want or like. You will have to live the consequences of your actions just as I will with mine :)

Like it or not

27 minutes ago, myata said:

We are well into the year three of this affair, and I insist on being informed of the rationale and justification for the mandates. What was the risk of getting it in a store? What was the risk of getting it in the public transport? How effective were measures?

Sweden had no mandates. The most recent peak of Covid-related fatalities was 53; proportionate to Ontario population, 75. Proportionate to Quebec population: 44.

The actual peak numbers in Ontario: 82; Quebec: 73. The latter is 65% higher than Sweden's.

So, you have to explain it. No, blah we just thought blah blah won't suffice. When you force people to do something you have to be accountable. You have to explain and prove: were the measures necessary, effective and justified? Why, with the measures you performed worse than countries without them?

No: just saying it won't do. You have to explain and you'll need to prove.

Sweden has over 244,000 cases per million population to Canada's 98,000, or 2.5 times as many cases. Deaths per million is Sweden 1835 to Canada's 1028. We should not have to force people to take actions to save lives. The risk of contracing covid in a store or public transport is increasing because the pool of it has spread through the failure to contine social distancing, being fully vaccinated and wearing masks has created a large petrie dish where the virus continues to mutate. It is evolution at its best. We need the lockdowns, masks, social distancing, hygiene and vaccines to choke it off. We could have overcome it in five to ten years if everyone co-operated. Now, we are in danger of being stuck with it until it mutates into something far more deadly.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I do not regurgitate, I do not advocate either. I just tell you to do what you want.

You and your ilk are the ones regurgitating and advocating your beliefs and mantra and not getting the respect you think you deserve and you get mad at anyone that does not agree with you. .

You regurgitate as well as the best of Stalin's beloved useful idiots, and when no one's listening to your idiocy anymore you go to insults.

FYI I'd actually like it if the pseudovaccines worked. I think that we'd all love an end to covid. 

The facts remain:

Don't get snotty just because you can't dispute the facts.

If you want to take a run at adulting, why don't you try to give a good reason why a healthy person might need the vaxie?

Try to make the case that vaxied people don't spread covid (despite the fact that Fausti himself admitted that the viral load in the nasopharynx is the same for unvaxed and pseudovaxed people who are infected).

Try to make the case that people who took the vaxies don't die from covid, despite the fact that we know that thousands of triple vaxied people died of covid,

Try to make the case that healthy young men don't get myocarditis, or that women don't actually miss the period for several months after vaxing. 

You have nothing Flyer, you just toe the party line like a good little boy. 

Keep it up, get in the penalty box and live like losers because it is what it is and it is not what you want or like. You will have to live the consequences of your actions just as I will with mine :)

You said that you don't advocate for the vaxies and the mandates, yet here you are proclaiming your support for the vaxie mandates. FYI, that's advocating. Either you're an idiot, a liar, or both. 

11 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You regurgitate as well as the best of Stalin's beloved useful idiots, and when no one's listening to your idiocy anymore you go to insults.

FYI I'd actually like it if the pseudovaccines worked. I think that we'd all love an end to covid. 

The facts remain:

Don't get snotty just because you can't dispute the facts.

If you want to take a run at adulting, why don't you try to give a good reason why a healthy person might need the vaxie?

Try to make the case that vaxied people don't spread covid (despite the fact that Fausti himself admitted that the viral load in the nasopharynx is the same for unvaxed and pseudovaxed people who are infected).

Try to make the case that people who took the vaxies don't die from covid, despite the fact that we know that thousands of triple vaxied people died of covid,

Try to make the case that healthy young men don't get myocarditis, or that women don't actually miss the period for several months after vaxing. 

You have nothing Flyer, you just toe the party line like a good little boy. 

You said that you don't advocate for the vaxies and the mandates, yet here you are proclaiming your support for the vaxie mandates. FYI, that's advocating. Either you're an idiot, a liar, or both. 

Wow, you certainly babble a lot to disagree with me. Why? You are the one that likes to regurgitate the same old same old and trying to convince me that you are right.

I really do not care.

I proclaim nothing at all. I said, "it is what it is and it is not what you want or like. You will have to live the consequences of your actions just as I will with mine :)"   That is not a proclamation, it is just telling you I do not care what you do and that I will do as I wish.

You need to get over yourself and more importantly, you need to get over your obsession with what I think and do, It just seems to irritate the shit out of you that I do my thing and am not influenced by you. LOL

3 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Sweden has over 244,000 cases per million population to Canada's 98,000, or 2.5 times as many cases. Deaths per million is Sweden 1835 to Canada's 1028. We should not have to force people to take actions to save lives. The risk of contracing covid in a store or public transport is increasing because the pool of it has spread through the failure to contine social distancing, being fully vaccinated and wearing masks has created a large petrie dish where the virus continues to mutate. It is evolution at its best. We need the lockdowns, masks, social distancing, hygiene and vaccines to choke it off. We could have overcome it in five to ten years if everyone co-operated. Now, we are in danger of being stuck with it until it mutates into something far more deadly.

FYI Sweden has 0.007 CFR and Canada had a .01 CFR, so only 0.7% of Swedes died of covid, we were at 1%. 

FYI omicron was in SA and only vaxied people were flying, it came here and spread like wildfire among vaxied people and unvaxied alike. ALL of the spread of omicron is 100% on the vaxied.

We did more than enough to stop covid, the mask mandates, closures and the vaxies didn't work.

So far, the only thing on record that seems to have worked, or the only time that anyone seemed to get really lucky, was when the Uttar Pradesh gov't handed out ivermectin and vitamin packets. 

If we can get down to Sweden's CFR of 7 deaths per 1,000 people we can just ignore covid. FYI CFR is only based on known cases. Lots of people get covid and remain asymptomatic, or get very mild symptoms so the actual fatality rate of covid is much lower than that. And those deaths are only among people who were already dying anyways. 

Covid isn't really a problem, the cost of covid is a massive problem. Almost an existential threat.