Trucker's Convoy

West

Just now, ExFlyer said:

Wow, you certainly babble a lot to disagree with me. Why? You are the one that likes to regurgitate the same old same old and trying to convince me that you are right.

I really do not care.

I proclaim nothing at all. I said, "it is what it is and it is not what you want or like. You will have to live the consequences of your actions just as I will with mine :)"   That is not a proclamation, it is just telling you I do not care what you do and that I will do as I wish.

You need to get over yourself and more importantly, you need to get over your obsession with what I think and do, It just seems to irritate the shit out of you that I do my thing and am not influenced by you. LOL

Dude, you advocated for vaccine mandates like a bot. It's all in my post above. You're busted. 

I posted facts about the covid vaxies which you can't dispute. That's well documented now.

You're here to blather and be snotty but you can't discuss relevant facts. 

You could just say "I agree with everything that CBC says" and save yourself some time. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Sweden has over 244,000 cases per million population to Canada's 98,000, or 2.5 times as many cases. Deaths per million is Sweden 1835 to Canada's 1028. We should not have to force people to take actions to save lives. The risk of contracing covid in a store or public transport is increasing because the pool of it has spread through the failure to contine social distancing, being fully vaccinated and wearing masks has created a large petrie dish where the virus continues to mutate. It is evolution at its best. We need the lockdowns, masks, social distancing, hygiene and vaccines to choke it off. We could have overcome it in five to ten years if everyone co-operated. Now, we are in danger of being stuck with it until it mutates into something far more deadly.

What?  Covid is endemic.  We’re living with it.  Most of my organization has had it.  Symptoms were mild in most people. I’m not getting more vaccines.  Most people are letting go of the masks.  If you’re worried about your health, wear the PPE, keep a distance, order in, get boosts, anti-virals, etc.

Edited by Zeitgeist

So your answer is to continue to let it mutate until it comes back with a 40% death rate. In 1350, one day, Sevastopol had a population over 200,000. A week later, there were 7 people left alive. Covid may disappear on its own or it may come back more legal than ever. That is what happens when you give it a large enough pool.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

So your answer is to continue to let it mutate until it comes back with a 40% death rate. In 1350, one day, Sevatopol had a population over 200,000. A week later, there were 7 people left alive. Covid may disappear on its own or it may come back more legal than ever. That is what happens when you give it a large enough pool.

Obviously a very unlikely scenario but even if it is I doubt we, the human race, could stop it. 

Pretty sure the bubonic plague was caused by infection from fleas. 

Edited by West

9 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

So you started off by saying that it was no big deal if people lost their jobs because they could just grab another job somewhere like it was no big deal, I showed you how stupid your comment was, and you just replied with "Wah".

You've never once provided a case of anyone physically forcing a vaccination needle into anyone who made the choice to remain unvaccinated despite your stupid direct implication that's what's actually happening.

9 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Then you accuse me of being the one who isn't thinking. Lmao.

Who wouldn't given the leaden weight you assign to the word force compared to the ephemeral lightness you assign to the word choice. Your hyperbole on one hand is only underscored by your understatement on the other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

So your answer is to continue to let it mutate until it comes back with a 40% death rate. In 1350, one day, Sevatopol had a population over 200,000. A week later, there were 7 people left alive. Covid may disappear on its own or it may come back more legal than ever. That is what happens when you give it a large enough pool.

There’s no way to eradicate Omicron short of locking people up.  Been there, done that, and the countries that did that most completely are the least desirable places to live.  Our common colds were once coronaviruses.  Most of the time most viruses weaken over time, especially as we build antibodies through exposure.  We have vaccines if a nasty mutation arises.  I refuse to live my life in fear of hypotheticals.  I’d add severe climate change to the list of hypotheticals.  We have enough real and present problems: rampant inflation, a population that is still reeling from over two years of privatizations, government overreach on a scale we haven’t seen since conscription.  Covid?  Really?  I worry about that like I worry about getting hit by a car.  It’s not going to stop me from living a normal life.   

So if you have the Trudeau juice you can use aircraft whereas if you don't you can't. 

If you fly/take connecting flights from anywhere else in the world you could be flying next to the unvaxxed

What exactly is the purpose o? this ban on those without the Trudeau juice anymore?

6 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Our common colds were once coronaviruses.

Correction: ARE coronaviruses. Likely humans went though similar process several times in history... until giant public bureaucracies that need to justify their existence and enormous (public) budgets came into being. And that may still change the course of our evolution...

14 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Dude, you advocated for vaccine mandates like a bot. It's all in my post above. You're busted. 

I posted facts about the covid vaxies which you can't dispute. That's well documented now.

You're here to blather and be snotty but you can't discuss relevant facts. 

You could just say "I agree with everything that CBC says" and save yourself some time. 

Telling you that you can do what you want and suffering the consequences is not advocating, it is stating a fact.

Telling you to do what you want is not snotty, it is also a fact.

I believe the 11 billion people in the world that have taken the vaccinations.

14 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Sweden has over 244,000 cases per million population to Canada's 98,000, or 2.5 times as many cases. Deaths per million is Sweden 1835 to Canada's 1028. We should not have to force people to take actions to save lives. The risk of contracing covid in a store or public transport is increasing because the pool of it has spread through the failure to contine social distancing, being fully vaccinated and wearing masks has created a large petrie dish where the virus continues to mutate. It is evolution at its best. We need the lockdowns, masks, social distancing, hygiene and vaccines to choke it off. We could have overcome it in five to ten years if everyone co-operated. Now, we are in danger of being stuck with it until it mutates into something far more deadly.

Blah. Not a single meaningful answer. Can you really manage a successful democratic country in this age with just blah (and a ton of entitlements into the pocket)? The answer is obvious. No ideas, no innovation; mediocre results; massive spending and stagnation. The country is going down. Will it make it to bi-centennial still in the first world?

17 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’m tired of repeating the multiple violations of our Constitution that have taken place.  If you don’t see them or believe there were breaches, that’s your right, but the conversation ends there.  I would say that a government that plays loose with the Constitution will be imperilled politically eventually.  The country is more divided than I’ve ever seen.  I’m not so sure anymore about the value of Canada as a nation state if its sovereignty and constitution aren’t upheld.  If too many Canadians feel this way, the federal government will have to change its ways.  I’m doubtful that this government will do that.  

You have not once given a constitution violation or breach.

Not one constitutional right has been breached. No one has been able to take it to court.

You have though, repeated a bunch of BS notions.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

You have not once given a constitution violation or breach.

Not one constitutional right has been breached. No one has been able to take it to court.

You have though, repeated a bunch of BS notions.

You’re totally clueless.  There are multiple court challenges in queue.  These could take years to work through the courts.  Where were you during the debates and interviews with Brian Peckford?  You’re just an apologist for crap government.  What’s more, I don’t believe you were in the military for 35 years.  You don’t seem knowledgeable. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, eyeball said:

You've never once provided a case of anyone physically forcing a vaccination needle into anyone who made the choice to remain unvaccinated despite your stupid direct implication that's what's actually happening.

Who wouldn't given the leaden weight you assign to the word force compared to the ephemeral lightness you assign to the word choice. Your hyperbole on one hand is only underscored by your understatement on the other.

Dude, it's not my fault if you don't understand the definition of the word force. I already posted it for you. I understand it, you don't. Move on. 

Threatening to take someone's job away if they don't comply with your demands is called "forcing them to do something". 

If someone had a gun to your daughter's head and said "give me your wallet" would it be accurate to say that you just chose to give them your wallet? 

Stop playing stupid. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Telling you that you can do what you want and suffering the consequences is not advocating, it is stating a fact.

Telling you to do what you want is not snotty, it is also a fact.

I believe the 11 billion people in the world that have taken the vaccinations.

If someone had a gun to your daughter's head and said "give me your wallet", and you gave them your wallet, would it be accurate to say that you just chose to give them your wallet? 

You could have chosen to keep your wallet. You had a choice, right? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re totally clueless.  There are multiple court challenges in queue.  These could take years to work through the courts.  Where were you during the debates and interviews with Brian Peckford?  You’re just an apologist for crap government.  What’s more, I don’t believe you were in the military for 35 years.  You don’t seem knowledgeable. 

Of so, I have not read about any. If so betcha they all get thrown out.

26 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Dude, it's not my fault if you don't understand the definition of the word force. I already posted it for you. I understand it, you don't. Move on. 

Threatening to take someone's job away if they don't comply with your demands is called "forcing them to do something". 

If someone had a gun to your daughter's head and said "give me your wallet" would it be accurate to say that you just chose to give them your wallet? 

Stop playing stupid. 

Word Force? Like "WORD Force: A Literacy Adventure for K-2 Students"?

Have no clue what your definition is or is this another of your made up crap?

Oh and some more idiotic analogies. Gotta give you credit, you are good at them LOL

57 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Of course not, don't be stupid.

What would be accurate is to define your example as a violent use of force.  What would also be accurate is to say its stupid to try and equate this example with having to choose a different occupation if you don't like it's terms of employment.   

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

It's just pure definition stripped of all context. He's not stupid he's just stubborn.

Maybe he has no choice but to be the way he is.

• Like 1

Again this afternoon, in a park: a person, visibly young, walking across, face mask on. I'm the only other human in sight, at least 20 meters away. What is it?

But I think I'm on to something here. We all heard about PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) but how about PPSD (Post-Propaganda Stress Disorder, Myata, "Government-instigated massive Covid scare in Canada and its psychological effects on unsuspecting population", 2022)? Makes sense, no? Or maybe there's another, more plausible explanation?

5 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Word Force? Like "WORD Force: A Literacy Adventure for K-2 Students"?

Oh and some more idiotic analogies. Gotta give you credit, you are good at them LOL

Force, as in "force".

force1
/fôrs/

1. 1. 
    strength or energy as an attribute of physical action or movement.
    "he was thrown backward by the force of the explosion"
    •  
  2. 2. 
    coercion or compulsion, especially with the use or threat of violence.

Force.

Hundreds of thousands of Canadians were forced to take the vaccine. 

That's a grammatically proper English sentence and an accurate description of what happened here. 

5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Force, as in "force".

Force.

Hundreds of thousands of Canadians were forced to take the vaccine

That's a grammatically proper English sentence and an accurate description of what happened here. 

BS.

Enough of your drama.

5 hours ago, eyeball said:

Of course not, don't be stupid.

What would be accurate is to define your example as a violent use of force.  What would also be accurate is to say its stupid to try and equate this example with having to choose a different occupation if you don't like it's terms of employment.   

I'm using your exact logic eyeball.

You think it's not "forcing" someone to do something when you threaten to take their job away but it 100% is.

People don't just change their occupation willy nilly. People build up holidays and get raises and get seniority and get promotions and they make friends and it's a massive thing to just give that up all of a sudden and start over.

Maybe you worked in entry-level positions all your life, so going from McDonald's to being a Walmart greeter to being a junior girl Friday is no big deal for you, but for people who have worked their way into a good job and have a mortgage and some car payments and have their kids in sports or other expensive extracurricular activities it's not possible to just suddenly quit and go find a whole new line of work.

Some people's kids are also getting expensive medical treatments which are covered by company policies, and they definitely won't be able to afford those drugs if they quit. Chemo can be thousands of dollars a month. Of course a person in that position can't just quit.

You're just the worst kind of person on earth, eyeball. It's disgusting that you're so ok with people being forced to take the pseudovax which young people don't need, has dangerous side-effects and doesn't prevent the people who actually need protection from dying. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

BS.

Enough of your drama.

It's drama to you because you d-g-a-f about other people's lives. You watch the CBC's propaganda and then you click your heels and turn off the tube. You're done.

"Opinion received, sir! I'll start engaging in disseminating this [dis]information as soon as I get to my computer."

Some of us really hoped that the vaccines worked so that we could get on with our lives, but I knew long before you did that the vaccines weren't good enough to let us get on with our lives. Thousands of people were ending up in ICU right away. There were nasty side-effects that first came out as rumours, then some credible people said them on TV, then statistics finally creeped out of the CDC to confirm what we already knew. The more data that comes in, the more we see that even boosting doesn't work. 

The vax doesn't work Flyer. Santa isn't real. There's no tooth fairy. Am I going too fast for you? 

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 1