Trucker's Convoy

West

23 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

It is an opinion and I don't have to defend it.

Great. If an opinion cannot be defended then what is the meaning, and worth of it? Is it true, or false, or way off or totally irrelevant. And now look, our bureaucrats have adopted the same attitude. They don't have to account, explain prove and defend anything, just think and mandate, whatever came to their head the thought of the day. Great, no? And why wouldn't they, like what's there to stop them?

1 hour ago, myata said:

Great. If an opinion cannot be defended then what is the meaning, and worth of it? Is it true, or false, or way off or totally irrelevant. And now look, our bureaucrats have adopted the same attitude. They don't have to account, explain prove and defend anything, just think and mandate, whatever came to their head the thought of the day. Great, no? And why wouldn't they, like what's there to stop them?

Totally up to you. You don't like mine ...OK. I don't like yours....OK too.

Bureaucrats don't have opinions, they have legislation, regulations, rules, directives and orders. They back up with those legislations, regulations , rules, directiuves and orders.

23 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Pretty sad when your entire life rotates around whether I or many others choose to wear masks.

Pretty sad when your entire life rotates around whether I or many others allow ourselves to be forced to take a pseudovax.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Keep circling myata.

Fact are clear. Yes, the Feds had a few mandates. Most were Provincial, many were municipal and a lot were by employers. Your claim of dictatorial misuse if phony.

Public heath regulations are not just against you myata, they are to help the public, uublic management as you put it. It is for all of the public. Will they sometimes piss off a few, of course but the general public are the ones they are to protect. Are there a million pissed off reprobates? Of course but they are a tiny percentage of the protected population.

Lol.. 

Yes. Telling you not to visit your dying mother in hospital is actually all about the Government's love for you. 

Now I heard it all. 

And the feds bungle has went deeper than "just a few mandates". They could've easily assisted the provinces in improving systems ie long term care so we didn't have to all go into lockdown over a flu bug. 

The blame is not that of the unvaccinated. It's the fault of Government incompetence at all levels including Trudeau

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Pretty sad when your entire life rotates around whether I or many others allow ourselves to be forced to take a pseudovax.

No one forced you to take anything. It was your choice and the consequences of your choice thereafter.

Stop whining, you chose.

48 minutes ago, West said:

Lol.. 

Yes. Telling you not to visit your dying mother in hospital is actually all about the Government's love for you. 

Now I heard it all. 

And the feds bungle has went deeper than "just a few mandates". They could've easily assisted the provinces in improving systems ie long term care so we didn't have to all go into lockdown over a flu bug. 

The blame is not that of the unvaccinated. It's the fault of Government incompetence at all levels including Trudeau

The hospital and the LTC locked themselves down.

Could've, would've, should've all assumptions.

The blame is the public health directives from the various institutions.

35 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You seem to think everything is peachy.  

On the contrary.

What I do think is adults should be capable of making adult decisions. Organizations/companies/employers also make decisions that are best for them.

Is the decision an inconvenience? Yes. Will the decision upset some people? Yes. Are all decisions equal? No they are not.

Are worldwide pandemics normal? No. Were countries/provinces/municipalities/companies/organizations prepared for worldwide pandemic? No, not even a little bit. Did they make mistakes? For sure they did.

I am just not all doom and gloom as some here are.

Edited by ExFlyer

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

No one forced you to take anything. It was your choice and the consequences of your choice thereafter.

Stop whining, you chose.

I didn't choose. I'm still not vaxed. They haven't come for us yet. 

People have been forced though, stop playing stupid boy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

I didn't choose. I'm still not vaxed. They haven't come for us yet. 

People have been forced though, stop playing stupid boy. 

So you chose not to get the vaccination.

People made decisions and the consequences thereof.

It is not me that is playing stupid, it is those that do not understand they are in control of their own life and decisions.

Be an adult and accept the decision you made.

59 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

So you chose not to get the vaccination.

People made decisions and the consequences thereof.

It is not me that is playing stupid, it is those that do not understand they are in control of their own life and decisions.

Be an adult and accept the decision you made.

OMG stop trying to pontificate. You're so not in a position to do that.

1) I made my own choice, but tens of thousands of Canadians didn't get to do that. They were forced to take the pseudovax. Losing your job is not an option for most people. 

2) Of course you're playing stupid. You can read and write, so you know that people were forced to vax. People were not in control of whether or not they could keep their jobs if they didn't take the pseudovax. Losing your job means losing your car, your home, and maybe your family. Not having money isn't an option for most adults. 

3) I'm happy with the choice I made because it was my own, and it turned out to be the right choice. 

You're happy because you got to make your own choice, and then you got to see tens of thousands of other people forced to do the same thing as you. FYI that injection hurt a lot of people who were at no risk from covid at all.

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

I see the press and Ottawa are whimpering over the cost of patrolling the biker protest.  Well yeah, there is a little thing called our right to protest.  Never seemed to be an issue until 2022.

When BLM kicks up again, protesting will be allowed

7 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

On the contrary.

What I do think is adults should be capable of making adult decisions. Organizations/companies/employers also make decisions that are best for them.

Is the decision an inconvenience? Yes. Will the decision upset some people? Yes. Are all decisions equal? No they are not.

Are worldwide pandemics normal? No. Were countries/provinces/municipalities/companies/organizations prepared for worldwide pandemic? No, not even a little bit. Did they make mistakes? For sure they did.

I am just not all doom and gloom as some here are.

Pollyanna 

5 hours ago, Faramir said:

I see the press and Ottawa are whimpering over the cost of patrolling the biker protest.  Well yeah, there is a little thing called our right to protest.  Never seemed to be an issue until 2022.

It’s a move against democracy.  Canada is the beta test.  

11 hours ago, West said:

... just like the Jews were not FORCED to stay in internment camps or to eat saw dust. They could've left and faced the unfortunate consequences of their decision

Absolutely the worst analogy I have ever read.

Stooping so low becomes you

12 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

OMG stop trying to pontificate. You're so not in a position to do that.

1) I made my own choice, but tens of thousands of Canadians didn't get to do that. They were forced to take the pseudovax. Losing your job is not an option for most people. 

2) Of course you're playing stupid. You can read and write, so you know that people were forced to vax. People were not in control of whether or not they could keep their jobs if they didn't take the pseudovax. Losing your job means losing your car, your home, and maybe your family. Not having money isn't an option for most adults. 

3) I'm happy with the choice I made because it was my own, and it turned out to be the right choice. 

You're happy because you got to make your own choice, and then you got to see tens of thousands of other people forced to do the same thing as you. FYI that injection hurt a lot of people who were at no risk from covid at all.

Pontificate? Thanks for the compliment :)

Those that chose to get vaccinated to "save" their jobs did so because their employer was taking care of the health of all their employees, not just a selected few.

Democracy means majority rules. There will always be dissenters and that is fine.

Glad you are happy with your choice and so it should be.

I am happy with my choice to but, to be besmirched for my choice and my opinion is a sign of very petty and intolerant people.

7 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

13 hours ago, Faramir said:

Not a whimper, they asked the city what the cost was and the city responded.

Yeah, thank the trucker occupation of downtown Ottawa for that.

7 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Just in case you need help with meanings of the words you use so you can use them properly and effectively.

"What is a simple definition of democracy?
1a : government by the people especially : rule of the majority. b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections.

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Just in case you need help with meanings of the words you use so you can use them properly and effectively.

"What is a simple definition of democracy?
1a : government by the people especially : rule of the majority. b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections.

You’re so out to lunch I don’t know where to begin.  You don’t seem to have any understanding of minority rights. The Constitution is there to ensure that no matter what the majority wants, certain unalienable rights exist, such as the right to protest, earn a living, make medical decisions for oneself, have free speech, etc.  Hitler was democratically elected and moved quickly to ban the opposition.  At the very least, a strong constitution would’ve made this much harder to do.  It means ensuring that the courts are impartial and will uphold the constitution.   It means having a free press that can criticize the government without feeling like it’s biting the hand that feeds it.  Canada has become a de facto one party system.  The courts, press, and vast majority of MP’s sing from the same song sheet.  What’s also disturbing is that Trudeau and Freeland’s Cabinet has been “penetrated” by the World Economic Forum, according to its leader, so that song sheet has essentially been handed to our PM.

It’s the playbook of countless governments now.  The push is on to restrict human behaviour to meet international goals like “fighting climate change.”   Our governments’ policies are putting the squeeze on people’s freedom and finances, and you have little recourse.  In fact, the consequences of opposing government policies could mean having your protest declared illegal and your bank account frozen.  This isn’t hypothetical.  It’s happened.

Now the government is leading an inquiry into itself over the use of the Emergencies Act.  I wonder what the outcome will be… I do know that you and many like you will cheer the result and say, “look, they found no wrongdoing.”  Global, CTV, and CBC will say the same thing.  We’ll also be reminded how lucky we are compared to the Ukrainians and that we need to continue to “protect democracy.” Problem solved for the Liberal Party of Canada.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re so out to lunch I don’t know where to begin.  You don’t seem to have any understanding of minority rights. The Constitution is there to ensure that no matter what the majority wants, certain unalienable rights exist, such as the right to protest, earn a living, make medical decisions for oneself, have free speech, etc.  Hitler was democratically elected and moved quickly to ban the opposition.  At the very least, a strong constitution would’ve made this much harder to do.  It means ensuring that the courts are impartial and will uphold the constitution.   It means having a free press that can criticize the government without feeling like it’s biting the hand that feeds it.  Canada has become a de facto one party system.  The courts, press, and vast majority of MP’s sing from the same song sheet.  What’s also disturbing is that Trudeau and Freeland’s Cabinet has been “penetrated” by the World Economic Forum, according to its leader, so that song sheet has essentially been handed to our PM.

It’s the playbook of countless governments now.  The push is on to restrict human behaviour to meet international goals like “fighting climate change.”   Our governments’ policies are putting the squeeze on people’s freedom and finances, and you have little recourse.  In fact, the consequences of opposing government policies could mean having your protest declared illegal and your bank account frozen.  This isn’t hypothetical.  It’s happened.

Now the government is leading an inquiry into itself over the use of the Emergencies Act.  I wonder what the outcome will be… I do know that you and many like you will cheer the result and say, “look, they found no wrongdoing.”  Global, CTV, and CBC will say the same thing.  We’ll also be reminded how lucky we are compared to the Ukrainians and that we need to continue to “protect democracy.” Problem solved for the Liberal Party of Canada.  

Democracy, as the definition states is "rule of the majority"

As for breach of the constitution, No breach has happened. If you are so sure, prove it. (not just an opinion or baseless banter, actually prove it.   You cannot and no court action against a breach of the constitution is in effect.

Everything else of your diatribe is a deflection to try to justify your false understanding.

Edited by ExFlyer

4 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Democracy, as the definition states is "rule of the majority"

As for breach of the constitution, None has happened.If you are so sure, prove it.  You cannot and no court action against a breach of the constitution is in effect.

Everything else of your diatribe is a deflection to try to justify your false understanding.

You’re so lost.  You probably also think it’s fine that millions in donations to the Freedom Convoy has been seized by police.   In places like Cuba we call this theft and politicization of the courts.  It doesn’t matter though.  You have good company from other deniers like Moonbox and Jack2000 or whatever.  Many Canadians agree with you.  Congratulations.  You’re helping maintain the illiberal status quo.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

23 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re so lost.  You probably also think it’s fine that millions in donations to the Freedom Convoy has been seized by police.   In places like Cuba we call this theft and politicization of the courts.  It doesn’t matter though.  You have good company from other deniers like Moonbox and Jack2000 or whatever.  Many Canadians agree with you.  Congratulations.  You’re helping maintain the illiberal status quo.  

Yup, don't fit your narrative so I am lost.

Sorry buddy, you are the one that is a bit on the lost side.

Not a denier and never have been but am certainly on the realist and common sense side.

Yes, many Canadians, actually most Canadians agree with me. A few not so tolerant and stubborn ones do not. So be it. You and they have a constitutional right to be wrong :)

Oh and not a liberal in any way, shape or form, just a realist.

Edited by ExFlyer

15 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Losing your job means losing your car, your home, and maybe your family. Not having money isn't an option for most adults.

Oh get a grip for Pete's sake. It simply means you have to find a job where not being vaccinated is an option.

The country is filled with help wanted signs everywhere you go.  How hard can it be?

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1