Trucker's Convoy

West

11 hours ago, West said:

Yup. Inflation is through the roof and people lost their businesses thanks to your paranoia. 

And yes the airplane restrictions are federal through Transport Canada. 

Yup, world wide inflation is the blame of the Canadian government mask mandate??? Not the US. Not Germany. Not the UK. Not Australia. Just Canada. You certainly have a narrow view.

My paranoia?? I have non. I am OK and not the one whining and complaining and protesting and demonstrating. I got on with my life.

Yup, unions are demanding safe work environments so blame the Canadian government for allowing unions? :)

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Yup, world wide inflation is the blame of the Canadian government mask mandate??? Not the US. Not Germany. Not the UK. Not Australia. Just Canada. You certainly have a narrow view.

My paranoia?? I have non. I am OK and not the one whining and complaining and protesting and demonstrating. I got on with my life.

Yup, unions are demanding safe work environments so blame the Canadian government for allowing unions? :)

Lots of the inflation, especially in housing, is directly related to government policy. We also dumped a ton of cash in through CERB, cheapening our dollar. Supply chain issues are also a direct result of the Government's policy. 

13 minutes ago, West said:

Lots of the inflation, especially in housing, is directly related to government policy. We also dumped a ton of cash in through CERB, cheapening our dollar. Supply chain issues are also a direct result of the Government's policy. 

Firstly, are you so naive to think increase in housing prices is the governments fault? That is one of the most foolish things you posted. The fact is, the price of house is directly the cause or fault of the buyers. Consumers are the ones bidding extraordinary money to obtain a house. The government does not put a price control on homes as it did on rentals. If you get outbid on the house you want, you need to blame the next person that out bid you.

Yeah, I had and have a problem with CERB but it is people like you that defended it saying government imposed restrictions are preventing work so they should pay.... and they did. But now that it is over, you switch? :)

Considering Canada does not manufacture much, the supply chain issues are all foreign generated. Cannot blame any level of Canadian government for other countrys manufacturing problems.

Edited by ExFlyer

19 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Firstly, are you so naive to think increase in housing prices is the governments fault? That is one of the most foolish things you posted. The fact is, the price of house is directly the cause or fault of the buyers. Consumers are the ones bidding extraordinary money to obtain a house. The government does not put a price control on homes as it did on rentals. If you get outbid on the house you want, you need to blame the next person that out bid you.

Yeah, I had and have a problem with CERB but it is people like you that defended it saying government imposed restrictions are preventing work so they should pay.... and they did. But now that it is over, you switch? :)

Considering Canada does not manufacture much, the supply chain issues are all foreign generated. Cannot blame any level of Canadian government for other countrys manufacturing problems.

1. The government controls housing supply by throwing up a bunch of red tape. Also, lots of the increase especially in new builds have to do with government bungling supply chains. 

Buyers need a home and bid against dozens of others. Where we are houses were going off the market just 3 or 4 hours as going on. 

Major cities have a problem with foreigners buying up real estate then allowing it to sit empty. 

2. You are making stuff up about me and CERB. It was a disaster... run people out of business then tell em they should be thankful there's cerb while Trudeau gives himself a raise. 

20 minutes ago, West said:

1. The government controls housing supply by throwing up a bunch of red tape. Also, lots of the increase especially in new builds have to do with government bungling supply chains. 

Buyers need a home and bid against dozens of others. Where we are houses were going off the market just 3 or 4 hours as going on. 

Major cities have a problem with foreigners buying up real estate then allowing it to sit empty. 

2. You are making stuff up about me and CERB. It was a disaster... run people out of business then tell em they should be thankful there's cerb while Trudeau gives himself a raise. 

There have been the same if not more housing starts in the past 2 years. In 2021 there were record housing starts. Red tape aside, there are still lots of houses being built and that has no bearing on the price.  The price is exactly what the market will bear and the market is you, the buyer.

CERB, in my mind, was supposed to be short term and lasted far too long. If not specifically you, there are lots of posts back in this forum about hap it was needed because the government imposed restrictions. The same restrictions you still whine about.

Stop with Trudeau stuff. The lockdowns were all provincial and municipal mandates. I do not like Trudeau but I do put blame where it is deserved and in this case, every  provincial premier are the ones that caused the business failures (or pushed them over the edge) with lockdowns. Trudeau did give laid off workers up to $2000 per months fro many many months. Lost of free money and people got used to getting money for nothing.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-canadian-housing-starts-hit-record-in-2021-rising-21-per-cent/

22 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

There have been the same if not more housing starts in the past 2 years. In 2021 there were record housing starts. Red tape aside, there are still lots of houses being built and that has no bearing on the price.  The price is exactly what the market will bear and the market is you, the buyer.

CERB, in my mind, was supposed to be short term and lasted far too long. If not specifically you, there are lots of posts back in this forum about hap it was needed because the government imposed restrictions. The same restrictions you still whine about.

Stop with Trudeau stuff. The lockdowns were all provincial and municipal mandates. I do not like Trudeau but I do put blame where it is deserved and in this case, every  provincial premier are the ones that caused the business failures (or pushed them over the edge) with lockdowns. Trudeau did give laid off workers up to $2000 per months fro many many months. Lost of free money and people got used to getting money for nothing.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-canadian-housing-starts-hit-record-in-2021-rising-21-per-cent/

22 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Says right in your article the rise in new starts was due to halts during Covid. 

You honestly suggesting supply available has no bearing whatsoever on price? 

We also saw lumber as an example skyrocket 80%. Your home that was going to cost you 800k to build is now well over a million. Which no doubt will slow supply as people simply can't afford the jump 

Sure provincial leaders bear responsibility but so does Trudeau. He spent basically nothing improving conditions in LTC which is was got us here in the first place. Instead wasted a billion  to track whether or not you were a good boy or girl and took the vax. 

The $2000 cerb payment was a joke considering most people made well above that but were forced to close and harassed by authorities if they didn't. What a disgrace

Edited by West

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

You should be glad that Putin and Kim are not in your country otherwise you would be rotting in a cell for your whining and complaining..

No I'm not glad - because this how Putin and Kim became who they are. If you can scare a young healthy and supposedly well educated individual in G-something advanced democratic country into doing something completely pointless, a useless ritual then with time and enough drumming you can get them to do pretty much anything. This is visible, actual proof that yes you can. No go and have fun if it cheers you up.

10 minutes ago, West said:

Says right in your article the rise in new starts was due to halts during Covid. 

We also saw lumber as an example skyrocket 80%. Your home that was going to cost you 800k to build is now well over a million. Which no doubt will slow supply as people simply can't afford the jump 

Sure provincial leaders bear responsibility but so does Trudeau. He spent basically nothing improving conditions in LTC which is was got us here in the first place. Instead wasted a billion  to track whether or not you were a good boy or girl and took the vax. 

The $2000 cerb payment was a joke considering most people made well above that but were forced to close and harassed by authorities if they didn't. What a disgrace

11 minutes ago, West said:

You said "Lots of the inflation, especially in housing, is directly related to government policy."

Government policy did not increase lumber prices. The produces cut back production thinking there would be less houses built during covid crises. They were wrong and the demand out stripped the supply so, the prices skyrocketed. 

https://blog.bluebeam.com/lumber-prices-high-2022/

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/08/1013819703/what-the-rise-and-fall-of-lumber-prices-tell-us-about-the-pandemic-economy

Government policy did not hinder new builds as new builds set records in 2021 and are continuing at a higher rate in 2022.

Government policy did not tell or make buyer out bid others to get the house. Buyers decided that on their own. As you even said "Buyers need a home and bid against dozens of others. Where we are houses were going off the market just 3 or 4 hours as going on. "

LTC is your red herring,. You just brought that up. Also, LTC are a provincial responsibility. Deflecting when you are losing the argument again.

23 minutes ago, myata said:

No I'm not glad - because this how Putin and Kim became who they are. If you can scare a young healthy and supposedly well educated individual in G-something advanced democratic country into doing something completely pointless, a useless ritual then with time and enough drumming you can get them to do pretty much anything. This is visible, actual proof that yes you can. No go and have fun if it cheers you up.

Oh, you are not glad Putin and Kim are not in your country? You want them here?

Oh, you are saying a "young healthy and supposedly well educated individual" is not as smart as oyu and cannot make decisions based on what they can see and read and hear form all the same sources as you. I am surprised (maybe not) you are so much smarter.

What is "visible, actual proof"? And of what? That you are so much smarter than the "young healthy and supposedly well educated individuals"?

36 minutes ago, myata said:

While we’ll probably never know for sure whether the pandemic was planned, the measures to fight it were extreme and we now know and governments know what humans will tolerate and what level of “risk”, perceived or real, is necessary to lock people down, restrict their actions, and mandate medical treatments and face coverings or other uniforms.  Humanity will accept a certain amount of enslavement for reasons of health and safety.

Health and safety purity become the justification to remove citizens’ constitutional rights.  Zero Covid in China is the exemplar.  Some American states decided that it was better for the protection of the integrity of the society (freedoms, community, mental health, etc.) to accept a higher Covid death rate but to keep businesses open and let mask wearing and vaccination be individual choices.

This is where the great divide is today.   I personally don’t believe in mandates.  Early in the pandemic I and most people accepted the idea that they were worth having to prevent mass deaths.  Where many people checked out was when governments tried to maintain masking even after vaccines became almost universally available and most eligible people became vaccinated.  That’s when government overreach in countries like Canada became too obvious to ignore or accept.  The fact that our federal government continues to maintain vaccine passports for travel and federal jobs is deeply concerning.  Even though Omicron is everywhere and most people have had it, vaccinated and unvaccinated, with a much lower death rate than the initial variants, our government is holding onto certain controls.  Does it have anything to do with Klaus Schwab’s fervent opinion that we cannot go back to our pre-pandemic lifestyles?   How does the World Economic Forum think we should live?  We have big clues.  Most people can work from home in isolation from others, including during holidays.  Most people can be made to live locally, even with curfews.

We may not have provincial mandates on masking and vaccines, but Canada does and fuel and the prices of goods and homes are literally making everyone significantly poorer.  If my salary rises 1% the same year that inflation rises 7%, I am 6% poorer.  If the interest rates on my mortgage rise 2% in a year, my monthly payments rise significantly.  Did our governments cause this?   Yes, because they shut down businesses and flooded the markets with borrowed money, causing inflation.   They caused lockdowns that created supply chain issues, adding to inflated costs.   They reduced available labour through vaccine mandates, driving up costs.  Finally, and this is particularly ideological, the Democrat and Liberal governments shut down energy production.  Our Liberals continue to add carbon taxes to our outrageously high fuel prices, adding insult to injury.

Housing prices are especially bad in Canada because we have used immigration as a way to stoke growth.  Most of the 300 to 400 thousand immigrants who come to Canada each year go to the GTA and Greater Vancouver.  This is basic demand versus supply.  We also don’t talk about the fact that any so called emissions reductions caused by green policies like carbon taxes are totally undone by our real population increases.

Almost all  of our inflation is due to government policies that can be altered.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

While we’ll probably never know for sure whether the pandemic was planned, the measures to fight it were extreme and we now know and governments know what humans will tolerate and what level of “risk”, perceived or real, is necessary to lock people down, restrict their actions, and mandate medical treatments and face coverings or other uniforms.  Humanity will accept a certain amount of enslavement for reasons of health and safety.

Health and safety purity become the justification to remove citizens’ constitutional rights.  Zero Covid in China is the exemplar.  S......

This is where the great divide is today.   I personally don’t believe in mandates.  Early in the pandemic I and most people accepted the idea that they were worth having to prevent mass deaths.  Where many people checked out was when governments tried to maintain masking even after vaccines became almost universally available .......

We may not have provincial mandates on masking and vaccines, b......

Housing prices are especially bad in Canada because we have used immigration as a way to stoke growth.  Most of the 300 to 400 thousand immigrants who come to Canada each year go to the GTA and Greater Vancouver.  This is basic demand versus supply.  We also don’t talk about the fact that any so called emissions reductions caused by green policies like carbon taxes are totally undone by our real population increases.

Almost all  of our inflation is due to government policies that can be altered.

Pandemic planned? Yeah, OK. There is a new one LOL

Zero COVID in China? Are you well? Have you not been paying attention to the entire cities shut down. To COVID emergency centres with hundred and hundreds of quarantine beds 

All masking and vaccination mandates (air and train travel excepted) were all Provincial

Immigration is another issue entirely and a topic that should be discussed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

that seems like a miscalculation then

as there is always a lag between a revolution and the inevitable counterrevolution therein

the Establishment in the West rather seems to be in a very precarious situation

they have no credibility, no capacity to lead, no consensus to build upon

their use of brute force to keep the masses in line is obviously done in an hysterical panic

the elites are in fact on the run, actually in hiding, from their own enraged working & middle classes

the tectonic forces are building towards a reactionary backlash on a civilizational scale

that's not necessarily a salvation mind you, since the reaction is now becoming revanchist

it is reaching the threshold where simply deposing the elites would not be enough

it is the reaching the threshold wherein the enraged masses would be seeking vengeance

39 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Oh, you are not glad Putin and Kim are not in your country? You want them here?

Oh, you are saying a "young healthy and supposedly well educated individual" is not as smart as oyu and cannot make decisions based on what they can see and read and hear form all the same sources as you. I am surprised (maybe not) you are so much smarter.

What is "visible, actual proof"? And of what? That you are so much smarter than the "young healthy and supposedly well educated individuals"?

If you are a young, ambitious educated Canadian then you're the epitome of the problem. Because parroting and not very good at that, seems to be the only argument. Not enough for the evolution, and you should know it.

13 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

sectarian civil disorder being whipped up by the Government of Canada to divide & conquer their own citizens

End of democracy, project or decoration or illusion-dream. Back to the business of colonial management.

59 minutes ago, myata said:

If you are a young, ambitious educated Canadian then you're the epitome of the problem. Because parroting and not very good at that, seems to be the only argument. Not enough for the evolution, and you should know it.

Well, insulting the population endears you to no one.

Seems you are in a minority. Most are OK.

20 minutes ago, myata said:

End of democracy, project or decoration or illusion-dream. Back to the business of colonial management.

I've never seen anything like it in Canada, nor even in the Canadian historical record

Justin Trudeau is a knowingly nefarious madman without precedent that I can see, in all of Canada's history

31 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Your obsession with communists is frightening.

Only because you cannot look in the mirror to see the similarities. Your "majority" is of the same kind as Kim's. It's not a majority formed by free independent thought based on real facts; but that originated and manufactured by deliberate and continuous massive scaremongering, misleading and manipulation. And so, there will be no surprise - not from objective perspective, if the destination would be the same.

14 minutes ago, myata said:

Only because you cannot look in the mirror to see the similarities. Your "majority" is of the same kind as Kim's.

indeed, the tyranny of the majority, otherwise known as mob rule

the English word for those who uphold this doctrine is Majoritarian

what is the Russian word for Majoritarian ?

Bolshevik

15 minutes ago, myata said:

Only because you cannot look in the mirror to see the similarities. Your "majority" is of the same kind as Kim's. It's not a majority formed by free independent thought based on real facts; but that originated and manufactured by deliberate and continuous massive scaremongering, misleading and manipulation. And so, there will be no surprise - not from objective perspective, if the destination would be the same.

I look in the mirror and see someone living in Canada with all the freedoms and constitutional rights to keep me happy.

I do not compare to any communist country because if I did, I would see that I have all the freedoms that they do not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

indeed, the tyranny of the majority, otherwise known as mob rule

the English word for those who uphold this doctrine is Majoritarian

what is the Russian word for Majoritarian ?

Bolshevik

Otherwise known a democracy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Otherwise known a democracy.

not a liberal democracy

Majoritarian is an illiberal democracy

the Soviet Union was a democracy in theory

Soviet means Council, which was the mechanism of their tyrannical democracy

the difference was the lack of individual rights against the totalitarian rule of the Bolshevik majority

this sort of government is prohibited in Canada by the constitution

the first 33 Sections being the Charter of Rights & Freedoms

to protect the individual against majority rule

for someone who claims to have served 35 years in HM Canadian Forces

you are shockingly ignorant as to the terms of Canadian Westminster Parliamentary liberal democracy

rather, you in fact invoke the doctrine of the illiberal mob rule of the Soviet Bolsheviks

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1