Trucker's Convoy

West

13 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

can't charge a protestor with mischief, there's no evidence of mischeif

protesting is a fundamental Charter right

no law can override that, the police are aware

Yes I too would like to know why at least the three convoy organizers were arrested 

Apparently there's a frivolous lawsuit going around against certain people at the rally including the accountant and probably the lawyers. More left wing drama. 

No lefties just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they have committed crimes

Edited by West

18 hours ago, myata said:

This method goes deep into history. Accuse an identifiable group of some evil, falsely. Exaggerate the danger of the evil, falsely again. Pump up fear and hysteria. Now you can do anything to the group. And nobody cares about what you have actually produced, does it make any sense and did it work?

Tried successfully by the N-people not so long back but we forgot. Welcome to your new normal, Canada.

Right, I believe "identifiable" and "inferior." The MSM already portrays anti-c19 vaxx or anti-mandates as deplorable.

6 minutes ago, West said:

Yes I too would like to know why at least the three convoy organizers were arrested 

they will get off in the end, the government has no case

the government is not going to want to pursue the case

as that would disclose far too much evidence of government crimes

the government is just trying to decapitate the movement

but there is no centralized control

the protests will continue spontaneously

another has just popped up at Surrey BC, closing that border crossing again, for example

9 minutes ago, West said:

Apparently there's a frivolous lawsuit going around against certain people at the rally including the accountant and probably the lawyers. More left wing drama. 

No lefties just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they have committed crimes

Class action suit by the people of Ottawa and all the businesses that have had to shut down. Maybe not so frivolous, we'll have to see if the courts allow it to go ahead. Might be a good use for all the money collected by GoFundMe and GiveSendGo.

Edited by Aristides
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Class action suit by the people of Ottawa and all the businesses that have had to shut down. Maybe not so frivolous, we'll have to see of the courts allow it to go ahead. Might be a good use for all the money collected by GoFundMe and GiveSendGo.

Yet Tim's and a few others stayed open and made a killing.. doubt it goes anywhere 

Though it might be good to direct the class action at the city as they are the ones who ordered the closures. 

Edited by West

the government as usual are fools

there are no leaders in a protest movement

just organizers

I joined the protest because I was inspired

it's not like I had to buy a ticket and register for a protest

you just show up, honk your horns, wave the flags, play some tunes

Edited by Dougie93

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

just organizers

Exactly. And considering the organizers are ON TAPE telling the truckers to move if the cops ask them to, and worked with the police to address issues related to the infrastructure issues, AND they implemented their own horn ban I can't see any charges staying. 

Apparently they were staying in hotels not out causing mischief. 

They might try and say giving supplies is "mischief" but that's a bit of a stretch considering none of the supplies given were illegal and they have a right to freedom of association.

5 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Don't know. We'll see. Rideau Center alone says they lost 28 million a week in retail sales and that doesn't include all the employees who lost wages because they were closed.

It was the city that closed it down tho. 

Had the mall stayed open I'm sure they would've made good money.

Edited by West

52 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

But you mentioned you’re supportive of  anti-mandate protests.  And now you say you don’t even understand the federal mandates in place?

Which federal mandates are you talking about when you say you support the protests against mandates?

Mandates by the government for people in their own country.  Like the trucker vax mandates and the mandates for all public servant even if they've 100%worked from home the last 2 years. 

5 minutes ago, West said:

Exactly. And considering the organizers are ON TAPE telling the truckers to move if the cops ask them to, and worked with the police to address issues related to the infrastructure issues, AND they implemented their own horn ban I can't see any charges staying. 

Apparently they were staying in hotels not out causing mischief. 

They might try and say giving supplies is "mischief" but that's a bit of a stretch considering none of the supplies given were illegal and they have a right to freedom of association.

the government will drop the charges in the end

the government is the ones committing crimes

they can't actually allow these cases to get to court

lest government officials themselves would be going to jail

Edited by Dougie93

13 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Don't know. We'll see. Rideau Center alone says they lost 28 million a week in retail sales and that doesn't include all the employees who lost wages because they were closed.

28 million a week, that could hire a shit load of security personal, shit you could hire the entire Army and triple their wages for 28 million.  To keep out all those you deemed as bad why would that be so hard ... But nobody came up with that solution, just threw up their hands and said blame it on the protestors...shut er down, go home...It sounds more of an excuse than solution.

Edited by Army Guy

10 minutes ago, Aristides said:

No, they closed because of anti mask demonstrators abusing their employees among other reasons. 

Yes I'm sure they were scary ?

Any decent lawyer will have fun with this one as they would have to mitigate their losses. Cant just claim the only possible solution would be to close the mall down. Even still I don't see how their accountant is on the hook for some people he's never met before going shopping without a mask on...

Edited by West