Trucker's Convoy

West

28 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Thought you were quite disturbed before this post.  The above post confirms my suspicions.  

The armchair criminals and anarchists are only a handful on the forum.  Quit pretending you believe in freedom, democracy or law and order.  You obviously don't.  Can't imagine what it would be like living next door to these kind of people.  These occupations have nothing to do with freedom.  Most of these occupier hooligans have probably never had a useful thought in their lives or done an honest day's work or ever written a letter to their MLA or MP.

Edited by blackbird

34 minutes ago, Goddess said:

The Teacher's Unions are saying they are being sent into "unsafe workplaces" if the children aren't muzzled.

It's much easier to get into the grip of fear and social anxiety then to get out of it. It may take decades to get out of it, yes N-experiment demonstrated that very clearly. That's one of the reasons to be skeptical of the cheerful tune sure will pump it up only a bit longer and then it'll go right back to normal. Looks like normal is no longer a guarantee, just like freedom has never been.

42 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. How do you propose to do that?  

2. Children would all need to be put in family custody, of course. Hell, they probably weren't good parents anyway.

3. Maybe Mr. Trudeau can get some advice from China on the matter. They have experience in suppressing uprisings as we all know.

1. Not my job.  I don't come to where you work and slap the pencil out of your mouth so there are people that do that.
2. I heard people say that about refugee claimants.
3. They have done it themselves with native blockades... of course these protesters are 'special' somehow, so we can't use the same methods

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The armchair criminals and anarchists are only a handful on the forum.  Quit pretending you believe in freedom, democracy or law and order.  You obviously don't.  Can't imagine what it would be like living next door to these kind of people.  These occupations have nothing to do with freedom.  Most of these occupier hooligans have probably never had a useful thought in their lives or done an honest day's work or ever written a letter to their MLA or MP.

Again, you make my point.

The Mayor of Windsor says it is a peaceful protest and he implied he doesn't want to see "force" applied.  He emphasizes they have the right to peaceful protest.  Politicians keep saying this.  He says they should not be allowed to stay for any length of time.  He says it is a complex issue.  He is completely bonkers.  These blockaders are not "peaceful protesters".  Some have said THEY ARE WILLING TO DIE FOR THEIR CAUSE.  These are extremists. There is nothing complex about it. This will drag on and on and is effecting 25% of imported goods to Canada and shutting down 450 million dollars worth of trade a day.  It will affect countless jobs.

Edited by blackbird

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

The Mayor of Windsor says it is a peaceful protest and he implied he doesn't want to see "force" applied.  He emphasizes they have the right to peaceful protest.  Politicians keep saying this.  He says they should not be allowed to stay for any length of time.  He says it is a complex issue.  He is completely bonkers.  These blockaders are not "peaceful protesters".  There is nothing complex about it. This will drag on and on and is effecting 25% of imported goods to Canada and shutting down 450 million dollars worth of trade a day.  It will affect countless jobs.

Freedom to Protest does not include Freedom to block Hundreds of Millions of dollars of freight. 

• Thanks 1

The Windsor police spokeswoman says their priority is public safety and keeping the peace.  That says it all.  Completely useless.

The mayor says they don't want to see anybody get hurt.  What a farce.  The anarchists will be able to keep the bridge shut down or half shut down endlessly with that kind of leadership.  He should resign.  He is sending the wrong message and is an enabler.

Edited by blackbird

Regarding the masking of children:

I see a lot of comments online when this issue is discussed from parents of autistic children and asperger's children.

They all say basically the same thing - it's nearly impossible to mask these kids.  They fight it tooth and nail.  And they need to see people's faces when interacting with others in order to read the interaction.

I'm not looking to argue this.  I let the parent's have their thoughts and concerns.

I'm just saying, if you are one of those people who think none of this is affecting children and their development - please reconsider.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

Regarding the masking of children:

I see a lot of comments online when this issue is discussed from parents of autistic children and asperger's children.

They all say basically the same thing - it's nearly impossible to mask these kids.  They fight it tooth and nail.  And they need to see people's faces when interacting with others in order to read the interaction.

I'm not looking to argue this.  I let the parent's have their thoughts and concerns.

I'm just saying, if you are one of those people who think none of this is affecting children and their development - please reconsider.

My kid is 2, He should be wearing a mask, by law. But I'm not going to try and make him, at this point. 

It's just symbolism, at this point, anyway. 

• Like 1

The RCMP policewoman speaking on CTV news says they are involved in "discussion" with protesters and ongoing "negotiation" at the Coutts Alberta border.  They are clearly not planning to use force.  This could drag on endlessly.  The protesters obviously have the upper hand.  The police have no power.  All they do is talk and try to convince protesters to pack and go.   Wow!

39 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The Windsor police spokeswoman says their priority is public safety and keeping the peace.  That says it all.  Completely useless.

The mayor says they don't want to see anybody get hurt.  What a farce.  The anarchists will be able to keep the bridge shut down or half shut down endlessly with that kind of leadership.  He should resign.  He is sending the wrong message and is an enabler.

What would you have him do?

2 hours ago, Boges said:

It's funny you assume what I care about. 

I don't support shutting down businesses. But at least when a government does it for public health purposes there's support for those effected. 

Here they're making life a nightmare for the people they purport to support: Truckers that are actually doing their job. And that will have a cascading effect down the supply chain. 

it's to illustrate the point of how destructive the government restrictions are

and so that the idiotic supporters of those policies have to resort to hypocrisy to call them out on it

I think we have a general problem here. Democratic governments were never supposed to be the rulers, rule makers only managers, keeps and accountants of public matters. Somewhere along the way, a push was made, a line crossed of course for the good, public good reasons and we did not care. But carers and keepers don't make rules for their owners; and our governments started making rules for us, for this reason and that. And now they came to like it; so why would they stop now, at some line that shouldn't be crossed? Could they even stop when no one seem to care, when they can?