The push is on of the Omicron or Omnicon virus.

taxme

12 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It depends on your circumstances.

You have a really small risk of dying in your car today. Your seatbelt won't kill you all by itself. Should you wear your seatbelt while you're driving in your car? Yeah. Should you wear your seatbelt at your kitchen table? No.

If there was a 1/10,000,000 chance that your seatbelt would kill you all by itself is it still worth the risk? Maybe. Is it worth the risk if you're a really shitty driver and you're going through the mountains in winter? Of course. Should a 5 yr old wear it in the sandbox? Of course not. 

Right now the statYou s say that a 5 yr old needs a pseudovax to stay safe as much as they need a seatbelt in the sandbox.

People who ARE NOT AT RISK from covid shouldn't take the shot. There are tens of millions of people who ARE NOT AT RISK from covid. They all have decades of life in front of them. Why take a small chance at death?

And that doesn't even take into account any long term effects that we're still unaware of. There are thousands of things that were initially thought to be safe which eventually turned out to be serious health hazards. 

You didn't mention that the health care system is in danger of being over-loaded by Covid patients.  That is the problem.  If the health care system is overloaded, people who need heart or cancer surgeries are being shuffled aside and dying while waiting.  Other emergency cases as well may not be able to get treated because of the overwhelming number of Covid patients.  That is why everyone should get vaccinated.  It is to protect society as a whole.

15 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You didn't mention that the health care system is in danger of being over-loaded by Covid patients.  That is the problem.  If the health care system is overloaded, people who need heart or cancer surgeries are being shuffled aside and dying while waiting.  Other emergency cases as well may not be able to get treated because of the overwhelming number of Covid patients.  That is why everyone should get vaccinated.  It is to protect society as a whole.

The general public is not responsible for maintaining the health care system. There are a number of high paid individuals who chose to take a position. A position where they maintain the health care system, specifically for the greater good of the public. Look to those individuals who are responsible, not the general public, if need be replace the responsible individuals. 

Generally we do not blame young teens for breaking their leg and causing an extra body in the emergency system.

Vaccines are not a guarantee and do not prevent hospitalizations or ICU cases.

Edited by Winston
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, blackbird said:

That is why everyone should get vaccinated.

So it's just like that, the system needs you, Politburo said let's go? No explanations or Heaven forbid, evidence needed? No responsibility from "managers" who took it (the system) to the state where its hopelessly throttled by a flu-like infection while merrily raking public thousands and millions? Wow and wow.

The only thing I'm still curious about here is, what will we be saying on the year ten of this story? Will we already have caught up with China and such, or shoot right past them?

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Winston said:

The general public is not responsible for maintaining the health care system. There are a number of high paid individuals who chose to take a position. A position where they maintain the health care system, specifically for the greater good of the public. Look to those individuals who are responsible, not the general public, if need be replace the responsible individuals. 

Generally we do not blame young teens for breaking their leg and causing an extra body in the emergency system.

Vaccines are not a guarantee and do not prevent hospitalizations or ICU cases.

That's fiction.  Everyone is required to do their part to protect everyone.  Same reason we must obey stops signs, speed limits, and traffic lights and wear seatbelts.  It's not rocket science.  Everyone wants and depends on a public health care system.  That's the system we have.  Therefore we have to do our part to protect it and make sure it's there for people that need it.  No man is an island unto himself in society.  Sometimes, we have to do certain things to protect others.

42 minutes ago, myata said:

So it's just like that, the system needs you, Politburo said let's go? No explanations or Heaven forbid, evidence needed? No responsibility from "managers" who took it (the system) to the state where its hopelessly throttled by a flu-like infection while merrily raking public thousands and millions? Wow and wow.

The only thing I'm still curious about here is, what will we be saying on the year ten of this story? Will we already have caught up with China and such, or shoot right past them?

No man is an island.  We each have to do our part to protect the health care system and society as a whole.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, blackbird said:

No man is an island.  We each have to do our part to protect the health care system and society as a whole.

Yada yada.  Without restrictions the virus will spread like other viruses and the results will be comparable to flu.  The hospitals aren’t overwhelmed.  Staffing shortages are the result of over testing and over-screening at this point. End all restrictions immediately.  Let people return to their lives.  If you’re still worried about Covid after your third vaccine, stay away from people, go on a diet, mask up, exercise, do what you need to do.  It’s time to declare the pandemic over and set an end date.  We’ve been conditioned to think restrictions are normal and should be reimposed at will by leaders.  We’ve let the public health puritans run our lives long enough.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

You didn't mention that the health care system is in danger of being over-loaded by Covid patients. 

You're way off on a tangent now. Why would I mention that? 

Is the problem that people are so sick that they need to be in the hospital or are they there because of MSM paranoia?

That is why everyone should get vaccinated.  It is to protect society as a whole.

No, that's not a good enough reason for vaccination when the vaccines aren't safe.

All of the vaccines were supposedly safe before we got them and a lot of people died or had extremely serious side effects from vaxxing.

People get to choose their own risk. If the gov't wanted us all to vax then they shouldn't have lied to us about how safe the vaxxes supposedly were. 

Do you honestly want young people to take a risk of dying from the vaccine just so that people's elective surgeries don't get postponed?

Maybe vaccinated people shouldn't have been flying to South Africa during a pandemic. Did you ever think of that? Maybe they shouldn't have been going to restaurants. 

This isn't a "pandemic the unvaccinated". It's just covid, and vaccinated people are dying from it and taking up hospital beds too. 

29 minutes ago, blackbird said:

That's fiction.  Everyone is required to do their part to protect everyone.  Same reason we must obey stops signs, speed limits, and traffic lights and wear seatbelts.  It's not rocket science.  Everyone wants and depends on a public health care system.  That's the system we have.  Therefore we have to do our part to protect it and make sure it's there for people that need it.  No man is an island unto himself in society.  Sometimes, we have to do certain things to protect others.

This is false equivalency. Obey stops signs, speed limits, traffic lights and wear seatbelts are laws created for the public to follow, with evidence pointing to cases where failure to do so causes great harm or death. 

Obey stops signs would be equivalent to washing your hands at a hospital. What you are suggesting instead is we manage where stops signs are placed and how we should design or run stop signs in neighborhoods. Why would we be asked to manage stops signs or hospitals, we pay into such systems so we are not required to think about such things. What is the point of paying managers if we are the managers of these systems?

The equivalency would be for a mobile company telling you that you use too much internet, thus you are to blame for the shortage in bandwidth, thus they force you to use less internet or limiting your phone. Although this may be true, this is not your problem. You pay for them to solve these problems for you. There is nothing about pay for service system that is community based. If it was a voluntary system, where your responsibilities were treated as payment, I could see your point. But its not.

Edited by Winston
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yada yada.  Without restrictions the virus will spread like other viruses and the results will be comparable to flu.  The hospitals aren’t overwhelmed.  Staffing shortages are the result of over testing and over-screening at this point. End all restrictions immediately.  Let people return to their lives.  If you’re still worried about Covid after your third vaccine, stay away from people, go on a diet, mask up, exercise, do what you need to do.  It’s time to declare the pandemic over and set an end date.  We’ve been conditioned to think restrictions are normal and should be reimposed at will by leaders.  We’ve let the public health puritans run our lives long enough.  

So you don't care that sick people in hospitals should have covid from infected workers added to their problems.

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

So you don't care that sick people in hospitals should have covid from infected workers added to their problems.

That makes so much sense lol. 

1) FYI if they have it, they can't over-catch it,

2) If the 100% vaxxed staff is rampant with covid then the vaxxes obviously don't work

3) if people can still work while they have covid how bad is it? Are they dragging around their intubators? 

4) You still can't say that vaccines are safe, or why kids should be vaxxed. 

7 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

That makes so much sense lol. 

1) FYI if they have it, they can't over-catch it,

2) If the 100% vaxxed staff is rampant with covid then the vaxxes obviously don't work

3) if people can still work while they have covid how bad is it? Are they dragging around their intubators? 

4) You still can't say that vaccines are safe, or why kids should be vaxxed. 

Kids are next.  Bank on it.  A minor variant that doesn't kill people and the world is going bananas.  

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

My kid won't be vaxxed unless some new stats come out showing that covid is a danger to healthy kids. Bank on it.

They are going to argue that children are big SPREADERS of COVID, and thus putting risk on others.  Not MY argument, but it will be what the authorities cite.  

Just now, Faramir said:

They are going to argue that children are big SPREADERS of COVID, and thus putting risk on others.  Not MY argument, but it will be what the authorities cite.  

I hear ya, but it will take way more than "an argument" or even a new law for health authorities to mandate child-vaxxing. 

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Flu and many other illnesses are contagious.  We live with these risks and don’t expect a bubble-wrapped totally risk-free sedentary existence. Among our highly vaccinated population we’ve been averaging 0-15 deaths a day for months.  That’s about 3,000 deaths a year, and researchers are realizing that a  sizeable portion of these deaths are of people who were admitted to hospital for non-Covid problems, but they happened to test positive, which isn’t the same thing as dying of Covid.  About  50,000 people died in the US of flu annually pre-Covid.  Canada has about one ninth of the US population, so let’s suppose 5500 people die of flu in Canada each year.  Cut that number in half and Covid deaths are comparable.

So yeah, get your boosts and wear your mask if you’re worried.  Our dominant variant, Omicron, makes up approximately 95% of cases.  Almost all people infected with it recover within a week.  We can lift restrictions and live with the risk.  What we’re doing now is motivated by misplaced fear.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Aristides said:

You still have no clue how to "protect the vulnerable" other than locking them away for the forceable future so you can play. Like they have no right to any kind of life. 

It's those fully vaccinated ones that needs to be locked down in quarantine. They are the ones that took the experimental covid vaccines, and they are catching the covid bug and are spreading the covid bug around. 

It's the vulnerable that needs protection from their dear political Marxist leaders who have been responsible for this covid virus nonsense to continue on. Their constant propaganda and the big push on for everybody to take their experimental vaccines and wear those face diaper masks have done nothing to stop the spread of covid. 

This whole dam pile of globalist Marxist big pharma bull chit should have been stopped in it's tracks several months ago. it's those Branch Covidians that are keeping this covid bull chit alive and well. Now the same bunch of Branch Covidians are running around in a state of fear and panic to try and get their booster jabs so they will not get this Omni"con" covid virus, once again, and getting faulty PCR tests. When will these Branch Covidian buffoons ever learn? ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Flu and many other illnesses are contagious.  We live with these risks and don’t expect a bubble-wrapped totally risk-free sedentary existence. Among our highly vaccinated population we’ve been averaging 0-15 deaths a day for months.  That’s about 3,000 deaths a year, and researchers are realizing that a  sizeable portion of these deaths are of people who were admitted to hospital for non-Covid problems, but they happened to test positive, which isn’t the same thing as dying of Covid.  About  50,000 people died in the US of flu annually pre-Covid.  Canada has about one ninth of the US population, so let’s suppose 5500 people die of flu in Canada each year.  Cut that number in half and Covid deaths are comparable.

So yeah, get your boosts and wear your mask if you’re worried.  Our dominant variant, Omicron, makes up approximately 95% of cases.  Almost all people infected with it recover within a week.  We can lift restrictions and live with the risk.  What we’re doing now is motivated by misplaced fear.  

As someone on the older side with heart problems, I would have to vote no to returning everything to normal.  Why?  Because I would like to stay alive.  I take all possible measures to avoid Covid, but one only do so much and sometimes I have to go to places where there are other people.  I do so cautiously with a mask as close to N95 as I can find.  Spend most time at home, but I still have to go out sometimes for essential things/reasons.  I don't really want to wander into a mass of people spreading Covid around. 

I might also might need the use of the hospital and would not like to see the medical system collapse or be overrun with Covid patients.  It's bad enough now that the medical system is putting cardiac and cancer patients on hold, claiming they are "elective" surgery patients.  The word "elective" is dishonest and deceptive.  Many of them are urgent cases who have just as much right to health care as anyone else.  Reportedly thousands have died waiting.  Canada' public health care system is ignoring treating everyone and everyone has a right to health care.  So much for the "public" health care system.  I would give it a rating of 2 out of 5.  They have to find a way to treat everyone in a timely manner.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 3:09 PM, WestCanMan said:

You wouldn't have a f'n clue from watching alt left news.

Aristedes was here saying that vaxxed people 'only get a little sick' just two weeks ago.

I had to break the news to him that almost 1,000 dbl vaxxed people have died in Canada alone. You wouldn't have known any better either.

Except as I told you I was quite aware of the fact that dbl vaxxed people have died, as evidenced by having posted this article before you noted I wouldn't have known any better.  You were wrong to have stated I wouldn't have known any better.  Call this cock up #1

9 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Your link didn't mention vaxxed deaths, just breakthrough cases.

That's right it mentioned dbl vaxxed people with COVID dying. Wtf is a vaxxed death anyway? 

https://globalnews.ca/news/8127794/covid-israel-breakthrough-cases-doctors/

This is your 2nd cock up.

You do understand a breakthrough case is where COVID breaks through the vaccine right?

I said that you guys didn't have an f'n clue and I was 100% right, as usual.

Cock up #3, my personal favourite, your usual claim to complete infallibility.  100% LOL! 

You look particularly stupid when you type things on the internet.

Do tell.

Nope.

I'd get vaccinated because I don't feel like I'd be at risk of harm from the vaxx, but I wouldn't want to help pump up the vaxxed numbers because that puts more pressure on the % of the pop that's unvaxxed, and IMO people under 40 SHOULD NOT VAX.

It's a wonder you haven't killed yourself through sheer hubris by now.

Edited by eyeball

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

As someone on the older side with heart problems, I would have to vote no to returning everything to normal.  Why?  Because I would like to stay alive.  I take all possible measures to avoid Covid, but one only do so much and sometimes I have to go to places where there are other people.  I do so cautiously with a mask as close to N95 as I can find.  Spend most time at home, but I still have to go out sometimes for essential things/reasons.  I don't really want to wander into a mass of people spreading Covid around. 

I might also might need the use of the hospital and would not like to see the medical system collapse or be overrun with Covid patients.  It's bad enough now that the medical system is putting cardiac and cancer patients on hold, claiming they are "elective" surgery patients.  The word "elective" is dishonest and deceptive.  Many of them are urgent cases who have just as much right to health care as anyone else.  Reportedly thousands have died waiting.  Canada' public health care system is ignoring treating everyone and everyone has a right to health care.  So much for the "public" health care system.  I would give it a rating of 2 out of 5.  They have to find a way to treat everyone in a timely manner.

So I hear your concerns, which is another reason to let Omicron flow, as it will come and go more quickly.  After infection your immunity and resistance grows.  Hospitals shouldn’t bother with testing people with mild symptoms and asymptomatic people anymore.  It’s a waste of resources.  Instead, focus on treating all highly symptomatic patients and continue to treat those with heart and other serious conditions.  Prevention through vaccination is fine and good, but treating the seriously ill is the other essential piece.  Forget testing and tracing.  It’s a done deal.  Omicron is everywhere.  If you’re very vulnerable, get the boost, take extra precautions, and make sure you have access to good antiviral treatment in case of infection.

A third of my organization got Omicron in the past two weeks, including a quite elder overweight diabetic woman and two other immune-compromised people.  All recovered well.  Our health care focus must shift and restrictions must be lifted.  It has to happen.  The non-Covid costs are simply too high, including the non-Covid health costs.  I can understand waiting a few weeks to start moving in this direction, but we have to get there.  Making kids stay home and apart from friends, out of sports and activities, and masked, to protect those who are now well positioned to protect themselves, is selfish.  We need to give people their lives back, especially the young ones.

Covid has become another one of life’s managed risks.  It’s here to stay and doesn’t deserve more sacrifice than it’s already taken.  After 22 months of masks and antisocial behaviour, how much longer do we pretend that we can keep this up?  

Edited by Zeitgeist

7 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

https://thepostmillennial.com/washington-state-prioritizes-minority-patients-for-covid-treatments

the woke continue their race communist takeover

using omicron panic as their pretext

not that Michael Hardner will ever admit it

Yes it’s Black Supremacy now, undisguised.  Indigenous too.  No race deserves better treatment than any other.  Society has turned to new forms of racism under the moniker of “equity”.   Anyone with a brain who’s honest knows it.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

I was listed as semi-urgent for surgery in late Oct for cancer that was diagnosed in July. I experienced zero interruption of scheduled appointments following my diagnoses and I actually had a pre-op scan moved up by 3 weeks.  My wife's experience mirrored mine, at one point we were in the hospital at the same time. I'd give it a rating of 4 out of 5 due to the food.  I doubt that thousands have died.

14 hours ago, blackbird said:

We each have to do our part to protect the ...

But of course, comrade! As soon as I'll see say, about 0.35% of our cherished leaders compensation (in my estimate it should be about $10,000, monthly - enough for dedicated care to protect, for me at least) rolling into my account (biweekly please, if possible) there will be no waking minute spared for care and protection on my part. I'm waiting, in hope!