The push is on of the Omicron or Omnicon virus.

taxme

Well, here we go once again. More lies now being spread about this new Omnicron or Omni"con" as some call it virus and that this con virus is now more dangerous than the other two viruses combined. Our dear Marxist leader politicians, and the lying media, and those so called health experts and health officials are at it again. I was watching Global News, a great source for nothing news, for about an half an hour this morning, and listening to those health so called experts and politicians try and describe and tell us all as to just how dangerous this new virus bug will be if it is not nipped in the bud. I was watching their faces and one could see that they tried to be very seriously looking about this new and dangerous virus that even the South African medical association said that this was a very mild flu like virus and nothing really to worry about. The scare is on, folks. Don't fall for it again. 

This went on and on ad nauseum to the point that this began to look more like a propaganda and brainwashing bull chit TV show going on here. All those mentioned above were all telling us that we may have to get a booster jab to be able to save our lives, when in reality, they told us this when they said once before that once everyone is fully vaccinated they are safe from getting covid. Well, that was a lie. They all lied. Many fully vaccinated people got covid after being fully vaccinated. Ask those people on that Norwegian cruise ship if there being fully vaccinated stopped them from getting covid. What a joke all of this has become. 

This Omnicon virus is supposed to be a very mild virus and that there was nothing to really fear or worry about it at all. But that was not good enough for those fear mongers and liars whom I mentioned above. They are now trying to put more fear and panic and paranoia into any peasant that will listen to their bs, and they will try to convince them that they must all get a booster jab, and maybe another one after that, to protect them from this con virus. Ya right, that is what those bozos mentioned above said about about the first two covid viruses. Ha-ha-ha. 

These Marxist politicians are lying to us all once again and they are trying to push more vaccines into our bodies. And they know full well that this is one big lie in order to hang onto their power and glory over we the peasants, and no doubt making money on the side from it all or being offered some kind of reward in return for their obedience and loyalty in pushing this vaccine puss into our sacred bodies. They are now talking about taking away some of the few freedoms that they gave us and start to bring back more draconian covid restrictions. it's almost like they are trying very hard to stop us all from travelling or flying again. Stay home, wait to die. 

Folks, this is never going to end until they the peasants finally get around to saying that we have had enough of this nonsense and that we the peasants pretty much tell these liars to go take a flying leap off a high mountain cliff. If the peasants do not do this then I can pretty much guarantee them that there will be another new virus waiting in the wings to move in and to take over this new Omnicon virus.

Ask the people of Australia and Austria what is it like to be constantly denied to their god given rights and freedoms. one just has to go on the internet and see for themselves as to what is going on in Australia. Those poor Australians are now living in a communist globalist non paradise where people are being put in concentration camps because they are not vaccinated. This will happen here in Canada also if the peasants do not revolt now. It's their cll to end this covid tyranny medical madness. But will they? If we see more of them running in fear and panic for their first and second booster jabs then we will all know by then that it just may be too late to end this madness once and for all, and have lost the battle, and what is going on in Australia will happen hear also. Believe it or not. 

Stop acting like buffoons and idiots because that is what our dear Marxist political leaders think that we all are. Refuse the booster. It's your call now. 

What say you? Do you agree or disagree. ?

Edited by taxme

The game is control over people’s behaviour.  Every time we seem to be on the way out there will be new variants, the need for new boosters, restrictions on movement and travel, masking mandates, etc.  Full vaccination isn’t enough for our totalitarian governments.  Our Christmas is getting sabotaged again.  Trudeau proclaimed exactly the same bullshit this time last year when we were all unvaccinated.  What was the point of vaccination?  It’s like it never even happened, even though vaccination has proven 70% effective against Omicron and the Omicron symptoms are milder.  What a complete sham. “Just a few more months…”.  Are people really that gullible?

From Global News on Trudeau’s comments today: The comments mirrored remarks he offered almost exactly one year ago, telling Canadians they needed to hang on for “a few more months.”

https://apple.news/ACYztWaMoTCeLOm0_8-w7Dg

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

From Global News: The comments mirrored remarks he offered almost exactly one year ago, telling Canadians they needed to hang on for “a few more months.”

Yes, this time last year was when red flags and alarm bells were going off for me and it was painfully obvious that none of this had anything to do with health and safety - when WE were all told to stay home, don't go anywhere, don't even see your family......and then a good chunk of our politicians took off on tropical vacations.?

• Like 1

Yup, I was never really conservative and I had plenty of criticism for Trump, but what’s happening now is all wrong.  China is making a fortune off of PPE and test kits.  We’re being held hostage by what has become a minor health threat. If we keep allowing authorities to trounce on our freedoms after so much sacrifice and compliance, how can we call ourselves free or intelligent?

• Thanks 1

I work in a small town, live in the country. Most have done their duty. We are almost normal. Even with curbside most small businesses made it thru up to this point.Great local support made the difference.

By the way, has anyone noticed that a) Omicron seems to be spreading faster in the countries with higher rates of vaccination (UK, Canada) and b) those are also the countries with stricter entry requirements (require test on entry while most EU countries do not, for the vaccinated)? What does it mean?

Ontario: cases , over 5 times from the recent low (350 to 1900)

Sweden, less than 4 times (1100 to 4000)

Exsperts cheered for the exponential rise in Europe, and look!

Edited by myata

9 minutes ago, Boges said:

Eventually, yeah. 

Wonder what do you call a flip-flopper? Last week it was "no such intent, we hope". Remember, "1984"?

"Not a big deal" the universal solution. Goes very well with "not to worry, there's always the next time".

Edited by myata

36 minutes ago, myata said:

Wonder what do you call a flip-flopper? Last week it was "no such intent, we hope". Remember, "1984"?

"Not a big deal" the universal solution. Goes very well with "not to worry, there's always the next time".

If we're talking Ontario specifically, reporters asked the top doctors yesterday specifically when 2 doses wouldn't count as full vaccination. He obviously didn't answer because you can't mandate something unless people can realistically expect to get the shot conveniently. 

I do believe that Omicron is an example of this virus becoming endemic. I don't think we'll see an overwhelmed hospital system this time. 

But protecting against infection is important, we're still treating COVID infections seriously. Most people got their second dose around 5 or 6 months ago. And all medical experts concede the effectiveness against infection wanes after 6 months. 

And if Omicron spreads like the cold, it could cause a lot of complications if infections spike. Getting a booster is a no brainer unless you're constantly afraid of government overreach or think they'll instantly kill you (like some posters here). 

Edited by Boges

27 minutes ago, Boges said:

But protecting against infection is important, we're still treating COVID infections seriously

That was the claim for the last round of quasi-vaccines and it's proven patently false. Do we have reasons to expect any different this time?

Thanks for the generosity, but I'd rather take care of my own health on a voluntary basis. There are clearly expressed concerns about ongoing vaccinations for the population and individual immunity, with neither answers nor factual support for the claims forthcoming. So no, for anyone who examines information with own rather than someone else's brain this is far from a "no brainer".

9 minutes ago, myata said:

Thanks for the generosity, but I'd rather take care of my own health on a voluntary basis. There are clearly expressed concerns about ongoing vaccinations for the population and individual immunity, with neither answers nor factual support for the claims forthcoming. So no, for anyone who examines information with own rather than someone else's brain this is far from a "no brainer".

Well SYHTFOTW, your opinion doesn't track with the majority of Ontarian's. Though you won't get forced to get a vaccine, you'll face more restrictions. And other than bitching on a forum and protesting politicians homes, there's not a lot you can do about it. 

Still, you cannot answer these questions. As for "majority" giving in to irresponsible self-serving propaganda there's nothing new here. And remember, one of these times the adage do first think (apologize and pay compensation, from someone else's pocket how else?) later just may not work as usual. There's always the first time.

Edited by myata

Sorry fear mongers:

“all the available world evidence is showing that Omicron is a particularly mild form of COVID-19, albeit one that is much more contagious. A South African study of more than 78,000 cases didn’t find a single fatality, and found that the risk of hospitalization was almost one fourth lower than the Delta variant. In the U.K., government COVID advisor Robert Dingwall said publicly that the Omicron wave may end up being no worse than a particularly bad flu season: “A lot of sickness absence from work in a short period,” but not much death or hospitalization.”

today’s National Post

1 hour ago, myata said:

Still, you cannot answer these questions. As for "majority" giving in to irresponsible self-serving propaganda there's nothing new here. And remember, one of these times the adage do first think (apologize and pay compensation, from someone else's pocket how else?) later just may not work as usual. There's always the first time.

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Sorry fear mongers:

“all the available world evidence is showing that Omicron is a particularly mild form of COVID-19, albeit one that is much more contagious. A South African study of more than 78,000 cases didn’t find a single fatality, and found that the risk of hospitalization was almost one fourth lower than the Delta variant. In the U.K., government COVID advisor Robert Dingwall said publicly that the Omicron wave may end up being no worse than a particularly bad flu season: “A lot of sickness absence from work in a short period,” but not much death or hospitalization.”

today’s National Post

It's good news. 

But the bad news is that early studies show Omicron has a historically high R0 for a respiratory virus. 

A lot people getting mild illness at the same time isn't good for any society. Which is why Boosters are a good idea.

46 minutes ago, Boges said:

It's good news. 

But the bad news is that early studies show Omicron has a historically high R0 for a respiratory virus. 

A lot people getting mild illness at the same time isn't good for any society. Which is why Boosters are a good idea.

You're obviously into the domain of dreaming. Look this can happen, or that model o horror so let's shoot this into you (again and again) can't do any harm (can it?). Nothing new is being discovered here, that's what any power without checks, accountability and responsibility (and I don't mean decades belated compensation out of your pocket) comes to, sooner or later.

2 hours ago, Boges said:

Well SYHTFOTW, your opinion doesn't track with the majority of Ontarian's. 

I don't live in Ontario so I definitely can't speak for Ontarians however the vast majority of Ontarians I speak with said they will never get the booster. With that said, they also claimed they would never get the vaccine to begin with and they did. The reality is that if 90% got two shots then its almost a guarantee that X percent will not get the third and then another X percent will not get the 4th, and so on. I think if hospitalizations don't go up then you will have a higher number X percent not getting the shot especially when they see that 60% or higher of the cases are fully vaxxed. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, betsy said:

BOOSTER SHOTS will become mandatory!  I see the writing on the wall.

You bet your boots they will.  In BC they are giving boosters to 65+ and health care workers

1. Mandatory booster

2. Mandatory vaccinations for all elementary children

3. Anyone's guess - perhaps mandatory flu vaccinations

6 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

I don't live in Ontario so I definitely can't speak for Ontarians however the vast majority of Ontarians I speak with said they will never get the booster. With that said, they also claimed they would never get the vaccine to begin with and they did. The reality is that if 90% got two shots then its almost a guarantee that X percent will not get the third and then another X percent will not get the 4th, and so on. I think if hospitalizations don't go up then you will have a higher number X percent not getting the shot especially when they see that 60% or higher of the cases are fully vaxxed. 

In a perfect world, the people who don't think Vaccination are some plot against our freedoms will get it, and that will be enough. And I hope for that. 

The majority of people are caught between the Anti-Vax crowd that think this all is a plot to take away our freedoms and the Public Health Doctors and panic fetish crowd that don't think any level of risk is appropriate. 

It's exhausting. 

1 minute ago, Shady said:

Boosters will become mandatory for a virus that will be endemic?  On what grounds?  

I think we'll need to retain peak protection against infection for at least a year. 

Again, it's not mandatory. I don't see Booster availability being common until this wave is over. 

The truth is, you should want the booster simply to avoid getting infected and having to quarantine. Even if you aren't worried about severe illness. 

6 minutes ago, Boges said:

I think we'll need to retain peak protection against infection for at least a year. 

Again, it's not mandatory. I don't see Booster availability being common until this wave is over. 

The truth is, you should want the booster simply to avoid getting infected and having to quarantine. Even if you aren't worried about severe illness. 

Ok, I thought you meant mandatory on a yearly basis.  So far hospitalizations are flat despite the spike in cases over the last couple of weeks.  Also, I’ve seen some virologists suggest that because of the nature of the contagiousness of the new variant, the normal 8 week peak and decline will be more like 4 weeks.  Cases will peak really fast.