America under President Trump

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

This is great....Democrat extremists are now calling for the abolishment of ICE...a huge political mistake if they want to win over moderate voters.

Clue:   Open Borders is not a winning position in the United States body politic.  

Yup these anti trump fringe group coming out of the wood work are only pushing moderate voter to trump.

• 2 weeks later...

What a load of blaablaablaa that summit was! And I had to change my daily routines just to avoid getting stuck somewhere because of all the security arrangements!

Putin and Trump: Next time you meet go somewhere else, please!

• Haha 2

Is it possible Trump's biggest supporter and enabler is wavering because of his kowtowing before Putin?

Putin eats Trump's lunch

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/07/16/putin-eats-trumps-lunch-in-helsinki-this-is-no-way-to-win-against-russia.html

Trump should stop praising America's enemies and blaming former presidents

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/07/16/neil-cavuto-rips-donald-trump-russia-putin-summit-and-election-interference

Trump scored on his own goal

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/16/trump-scores-on-his-own-goal.html

• Like 2

It's a turning point. You can't deny the likelihood of collusion with a straight face anymore. They've essentially put it out there and challenged the GOP to do something about it. I think there may still be enough Republicans who believe in party over country and would cut off their nose if they thought it would cause "liberal tears," but their argument immediate shifted to talking about the Obama Putin hot mic (which talks about election year politics, not any sort of collusion, but whatever). It signals a shift from "no collusion" to a desperate "but what about Obama, maybe he colluded too!" 

5 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

It's a turning point. You can't deny the likelihood of collusion with a straight face anymore. They've essentially put it out there and challenged the GOP to do something about it. I think there may still be enough Republicans who believe in party over country and would cut off their nose if they thought it would cause "liberal tears," but their argument immediate shifted to talking about the Obama Putin hot mic (which talks about election year politics, not any sort of collusion, but whatever). It signals a shift from "no collusion" to a desperate "but what about Obama, maybe he colluded too!" 

Meh, there's going to be critics and trump knows meeting putin is a huge political gamble. Both GOP and Democrats disapprove of it. But i think the risk is worth it of we can work a deal with russia over the middle east.

2 minutes ago, paxrom said:

Meh, there's going to be critics and trump knows meeting putin is a huge political gamble. Both GOP and Democrats disapprove of it. But i think the risk is worth it of we can work a deal with russia over the middle east.

The only deal that seemed to come out of that conference was surrender. Russia will do what they want, in Syria, and elsewhere, including meddling in US politics, without any criticism from Trump, and maybe they'll let the US do a little humanitarian work in the cities they're bombing Hell, even Newt Gingrich is angry.

Edited by Argus

Just now, paxrom said:

Agreed...Trump haters are only freaking out because it is Trump...instead of Bush or Obama.

Russia matters.....Trump and Putin matter a lot more than Justin Trudeau and his Heinz ketchup boycott.

• Like 1

Just now, Argus said:

The only deal that seemed to come out of that conference was surrender. Russia will do what they want, in Syria, and elsewhere, including meddling in US politics, without any criticism from America, and maybe they'll let the US do a little humanitarian work in the cities they're bombing Hell, even Newt Gingrich is angry.

Trump attacked Syrian airfields despite Putin's warnings.....Obama didn't....and Trudeau couldn't because he is a NATO deadbeat.

• Like 1

First of I feel for TSS our forum Finnish contributor and the stench Putin and Trump must have made. Oh well wait for it to rain I guess.

Next the crap that came out of Trump's mouth indicates:

1-the Ruskies have compromising dirt on him which I suspect is related to money laundering of Russian mob money through many of the financial networks that financed his shady deals in real estate over the years not to mention those of his transexual  spouse Melana (not that there is anything wrong with that) wife spanking and peeing on him which explains the yellow hair;

2-it was a disgraceful act of treason.

Trump has managed to make Obama look good on world stage. He has absolutely betrayed the nation sucking up to North Korea and Russia and giving both these animals credibility.

He is a disgrace. He has managed to destroy any semblance the US had remaining on the world stage.

To see the day when the US President performed oral sex on the Russian leader in public as he did was past contemptable.

On 7/16/2018 at 8:56 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Agreed...Trump haters are only freaking out because it is Trump...instead of Bush or Obama.

Russia matters.....Trump and Putin matter a lot more than Justin Trudeau and his Heinz ketchup boycott.

No, many of us had many complaints about Bush and Obama. You'd know that being so obsessed with this board and how Canucks complain about Amurika. Trump is just another POS POTUS like the ones before him. This election, you got the turd sandwich.

On 7/16/2018 at 8:56 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump and Putin matter a lot more than Justin Trudeau and his Heinz ketchup boycott.

Agreed.  Trump could shit his pants repeatedly, have the whole world laugh at America's moronic state of being, and - you're right - the whole mess would still matter more.  I think it needs to be pointed out for a few more years, please.

On 7/17/2018 at 11:53 AM, Rue said:

First of I feel for TSS our forum Finnish contributor and the stench Putin and Trump must have made. Oh well wait for it to rain I guess.

Next the crap that came out of Trump's mouth indicates:

1-the Ruskies have compromising dirt on him which I suspect is related to money laundering of Russian mob money through many of the financial networks that financed his shady deals in real estate over the years not to mention those of his transexual  spouse Melana (not that there is anything wrong with that) wife spanking and peeing on him which explains the yellow hair;

2-it was a disgraceful act of treason.

Trump has managed to make Obama look good on world stage. He has absolutely betrayed the nation sucking up to North Korea and Russia and giving both these animals credibility.

Trump continues to suck up just fine to Netanyahu and Sheldon Adelson, the Israel First donor!

You're just fine with him sucking up to and colluding with these (your) animals, of course. 

Edited by Hudson Jones

This thread is approaching 400 pages. I say this, not as a criticism, but an observation. I had little interest in American politics before President Trump. The President has made the subject compelling. 400 pages of this thread says it is not just me. Our American contributers BC and Paxrom have their own reasons for participation, but why are Canadians so consumed with the POTUS? 

President Trump owes part of his electoral victory to the mainstream mdia. During the primaries and then the election, they framed his campaign success as inevitable. "Who can stop Trump?" Meaning, nobody can. I doubt it was intended but it worked. President Trump is a marketing dream. He is first and formost, an entertainer and he is very good at it. He won't let us take our eyes off him. In fiction, a great author creates tension by making the reader wonder if this time, it is all going to crash...yet it doesn't. President Trump holds our attention the same way and, by doing that, has re-invigorated the mainstream media. President Trump and the media need each other.

I am not saying he is a genius. Perhaps he is just intuitive. Is there a difference?

Entertainers as a profession, are gaining an increasing amount of influence in American politics as are journalists. The legal profession is no longer a pre-requisite for a career in politics. 

Just a few post-coffee thoughts.

8 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

This thread is approaching 400 pages. I say this, not as a criticism, but an observation. I had little interest in American politics before President Trump. The President has made the subject compelling. 400 pages of this thread says it is not just me. Our American contributers BC and Paxrom have their own reasons for participation, but why are Canadians so consumed with the POTUS?

Please consider that Canada, especially "Anglo" Canada, already had a firm obsession with American politics and culture long before Trump ran for president.   I wouldn't be here for over ten years if American content was not so pervasive in forum topics.    Canadian media gorges itself on what is happening in the United States, regardless of Trump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Our American contributers BC and Paxrom have their own reasons for participation

Initially I just came to say a friendly hello but BC exposed me to your anti-american fetish. It was too good of an opportunity to pass so I join the darkside calling canadians out for their behavior. But mainly I really want to be a pro-conservative voice to counter democrat liberal globalization agenda that never benefitted the average american "deplorables". 

Edited by paxrom
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, paxrom said:

Initially I just came to say a friendly hello but BC exposed me to your anti-american fetish. It was too good of an opportunity to pass so I join the darkside calling canadians out for their behavior. But mainly I really want to be a pro-conservative voice to counter democrat liberal globalization agenda that never benefitted the average american "deplorables". 

As Robbie Burns wrote, " God give us the gift to see ourselves as others see us."  We are fortunate to have yourself and Bush-Cheney holding a mirror up to us. You each elevate my blood pressure at times, but I guess that means I'm still alive.

Anti-Americanism is no different than anti Semitism, racism, Islamiphobia or any othe kind of bigotry. 

Edited by Queenmandy85

2 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

As Robbie Burns wrote, " God give us the gift to see ourselves as others see us." Anti-Americanism is no different than anti Semitism, racism, Islamiphobia or any othe kind of bigotry. 

Yeah but we're not really offended by Anti-American sentiment, we're more amused, if anything BC didn't spend 10 years complaining about anti-american sentiment, he spent 10 years trolling you guys about it. I'm just a late adopter.  xP

Edited by paxrom
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, paxrom said:

Yeah but we're not really offended by Anti-American sentiment, we're more amused

The haughty hubris of exceptionalism - the root cause of the sentiment.

It's more like an easy target that you pick off when it pops up than bait.