America under President Trump

1 minute ago, Jimwd said:

Nothing good comes from electing a fascist. If you want to know the future, learn the past.

I agree there is nothing that hasn't been overcome in the past that we will face in the future. But once again , i believe you have trump in correctly characterized. He is not a fascist he is a populist. Second our democratic process has a way of weeding out the extreme elements but still afford the opportunity for growth. Some of us here rejects much of the progressivism that has overtaken canada. This is not necessarily a bad thing by the way. I've talked with plenty of liberals and progressive, they seem to forget that the world run on a fundamental fact call reality not idealism. 

• Like 1

Just now, paxrom said:

I agree there is nothing that hasn't been overcome in the past that we will face in the future. But once again , i believe you have trump in correctly characterized. He is not a fascist he is a populist. Second our democratic process has a way of weeding out the extreme elements but still afford the opportunity for growth. Some of us here rejects much of the progressivism that has overtaken canada. This is not necessarily a bad thing by the way. I've talked with plenty of liberals and progressive, they seem to forget that the world run on a fundamental fact call reality not idealism. 

There are, indeed, similarities between today’s political landscape and what Europe experienced in the buildup to World War II, as well as with other times when populism eventually turned into fascism—such as Francoist Spain, or Peronist Argentina. But while fascism usually is rooted in populism, starting with populism doesn’t inevitably mean you’ll wind up with fascism.

They are related and Trumps actions like his targeting groups to hate are fascist not populist. 

9 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

There are, indeed, similarities between today’s political landscape and what Europe experienced in the buildup to World War II, as well as with other times when populism eventually turned into fascism—such as Francoist Spain, or Peronist Argentina. But while fascism usually is rooted in populism, starting with populism doesn’t inevitably mean you’ll wind up with fascism.

They are related and Trumps actions like his targeting groups to hate are fascist not populist. 

Then have faith my Canadian brother, maybe not in our leader but have faith in us the american people , we will come through. Should trump choose to do anything that is unconstitutional I will be on the picket fence like everyone else protesting. Lastly believe in the system we have built, checks and balances are a strong reason to curtail any radical move by one man. Don't forget the difference between fascist and american-ism, we hold our leaders accountable. "Government of the people, by the people, for the people" Abe Lincoln . MURICAH!

Edited by paxrom

Just now, paxrom said:

Then have faith my Canadian brother, maybe not in our leader but have faith in us the american people , we will come through. Should trump choose to do anything that is unconstitutional I will be on the picket fence like everyone else protesting. Lastly believe in the system we have built, checks and balances are a strong reason to curtail any radical move by one man. 

Normally I would agree with you. But there is a cult sickness that is sweeping America and a republican congress that has abdicated it's  responsibility. Mid terms may correct the problem but I have lost faith in the intelligence of the American people.  

2 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

Normally I would agree with you. But there is a cult sickness that is sweeping America and a republican congress that has abdicated it's  responsibility. Mid terms may correct the problem but I have lost faith in the intelligence of the American people.  

I represent part of the " cult" do not be too quick to deal in absolute, only a sith deal in absolute. ...

12 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

Mid terms sure corrected the problems with Obama...he lost both the House and Senate.

Americans don't need your faith....why does it matter to you in Canada ?

30 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Mid terms sure corrected the problems with Obama...he lost both the House and Senate.

Because his tim horton depends on it. It'll be starbucks soon enough, give the guy some slack. 

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I’ll defer to the Germans 

A Danger to the WorldIt's Time to Get Rid of Donald Trump

Donald Trump has transformed the United States into a laughing stock and he is a danger to the world. He must be removed from the White House before things get even worse.

A DER SPIEGEL Editorial by Klaus Brinkbäumer

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The Germans can't do anything about Trump....same as Canada.   They are both NATO deadbeats.

You seem to not remember you asked me a question. I answered.. I never asked you anything. so don't bother with statements  to questions i never asked.

10 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The Germans can't do anything about Trump....same as Canada.   They are both NATO deadbeats.

we'll find out soon enough Putin's orders to Trump. Imagine Russia owns America without firing a shot.

LOL at Jeff Sessions using a Bible passage that was used to justify slavery to defend separating asylum seekers from their kids at the border. 

That's the funny thing about Christianity. Jesus also said that his followers shouldn't seek power. 

I wonder if this same sort of tactic was used in 1940's Germany to justify WW2. There's a passage in the Bible that says we should respect the rule of law. So when we create horrific laws, you have to follow them. Stamped it! No erasies! 

14 minutes ago, Boges said:

LOL at Jeff Sessions using a Bible passage that was used to justify slavery to defend separating asylum seekers from their kids at the border. 

That's the funny thing about Christianity. Jesus also said that his followers shouldn't seek power. 

I wonder if this same sort of tactic was used in 1940's Germany to justify WW2. There's a passage in the Bible that says we should respect the rule of law. So when we create horrific laws, you have to follow them. Stamped it! No erasies! 

Ugh yeah , the sepparation of church and state is terrible here in the US. We respect everyone's religious beliefs but that shouldn't be a pre condition to run for office or legal stance. Alot of us neo-con hate session but cant find a good replacement. 

The latest news:

Supreme Court upheld Trump's travel ban for those 7 countries.   

Trudeau will be issuing an invitation for those banned folks, I bet.   Come to sunny ways.  Maybe the invitition will be issued on Canada day? 

Edited by betsy

Holly petunia!  Did you see the size of those steaks??

Trump Takes Away Congress’ Annual Ribeye ‘Picnic’, Sends Steaks To…

June 22, 2018

You see, today was supposed to be the annual congressional “picnic”, which is literally just a 5-star meal served in a tent to these Washington fat cats.

As the immigration debacle looms large over the halls of Congress, President Donald Trump decided to scrap the lawmakers’ annual congressional picnic at the White House because it just didn’t feel “right.”

“I was just walking over to the Oval Office and I said, ‘You know, it doesn’t feel right to have a picnic for Congress when we’re working on doing something very important,’” Trump said Wednesday, according to Politico. “It didn’t feel exactly right to me.”

Wasting food would have only added insult to injury, so the President did what any MAGA-hat-wearing populist POTUS would do:  He sent all those ridiculous ribeye steaks over to Walter Reed.

All the food will be served Friday for lunch at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, according to a report from Bloomberg News. The food will be given to patients, caregivers, and employees at the Warrior and Family Center in Bethesda, Maryland.

“All perishables donated to Walter Reed. Non perishables to be repurposed for future events,” Stephanie Grisham, spokeswoman for first lady Melania Trump, said.

https://constitution.com/trump-takes-away-congress-annual-ribeye-picnic-sends-steaks-to/

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

Remember when Obama and Bush were raked over the coals for their various gold trips?

I don't remember. 

But the reason for this cancellation is the.......timing.   Anyway, I'm just salivating when I saw the size of those ROASTS!  :lol:

SCOTUS rules against California abortion-information law

The Supreme Court effectively put an end today to a California law that forces anti-abortion crisis pregnancy centers to provide information about abortion.

The 5-4 ruling also casts doubts on similar laws in Illinois and Hawaii.

The California law took effect in 2016. It requires centers that are licensed by the state to tell clients about the availability of contraception, abortion and prenatal care, at little or no cost.

Centers that are unlicensed were required to post a sign that said so. The court struck down that portion of the law.

The centers said they were singled out and forced to deliver a message with which they disagreed. California said the law was needed to let poor women know all their options.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions and anti-abortion groups were among those cheering the decision.

The Trump administration had argued that California’s law violates the rights of licensed centers but had no objection to the requirement for the unlicensed centers. “Speakers should not be forced by their government to promote a message with which they disagree, and pro-life pregnancy centers in California should not be forced to advertise abortion and undermine the very reason they exist,” Sessions said in a statement today.

https://www.chicagolawbulletin.com/high-court-rules-against-calif-crisis-pregnancy-center-law-20180626

Trump is delivering what he campaigned for!  No regrets whatsoever supporting this guy!!!

Edited by betsy

Trump haters can't get enough of reinforcing behaviours to remind them that Donald Trump is indeed President of the United States...and Hillary Clinton is not.

Resist ! Resist ! Resist !

NOOOOOOOOO!!!

In a nutshell, our visit to the tortured mind of a Trump hater explains everything from Saturday’s mass marches to why a Virginia restaurant owner declared No Soup for Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

Their loathing for Trump is bone-deep and all consuming. This is war and they take no prisoners.

For most marchers, border policies offer a chance to vent. They didn’t make a peep when Obama did the same thing.

If children are their main concern, they could help the 23,000 New York City kids living in shelters. Or they could have attended the funeral of Lesandro Guzman-Feliz, the innocent Bronx teen hacked to death by a Dominican gang.

Instead, they give in to Trump Derangement Syndrome, which causes them to immediately and absolutely adopt the opposite position of the president’s — facts and common sense be damned.

The Left needs to face reality: Trump is winning

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump haters can't get enough of reinforcing behaviours to remind them that Donald Trump is indeed President of the United States...and Hillary Clinton is not.

Resist ! Resist ! Resist !

Its almost criminal to have this much fun teasing the anti trumper. Reminds me of the election morning...

ilovethesmellof-liberal-tears-in-the-morning-smells-like-victory-memesiacom-7763529.png

This is great....Democrat extremists are now calling for the abolishment of ICE...a huge political mistake if they want to win over moderate voters.

(CNN) -- Democrats are making a massive political mistake by calling for the end of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

On a Saturday when Americans across the country took to the streets to protest President Donald Trump's hardline shift on immigration policy, more and more prominent Democrats -- from Sen. Elizabeth Warren to Sen. Kristin Gillibrand -- used their voices to advocate for ending ICE as we know it.

http://www.crossroadstoday.com/story/38550700/abolish-ice-is-a-massive-political-mistake

Clue:   Open Borders is not a winning position in the United States body politic.