America under President Trump

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Maxine Bernier is getting a bit too big for his britches, and playing right into Trudeau's hand at the same time.

Like I said before, Trudeau's only chance of winning is to make the election into a virtue signalling competition. If the conservatives get drawn into the conversation that Bernier is opening up then we might end up with another Liberal government. We can't afford the debt, or the damage to our energy sector that comes along with that. 

It would appear as though Maxine Bernier is playing into the hands of the Canadian people who are against all of this illegal criminal immigration activity going on in Canada today and rightly so. At least Bernier is wearing big boy britches and not girlie feminist ones like Trudeau enjoys wearing all the time and is willing to call it out as he sees it. Canadians need someone to finally speak for them for a change instead of being told constant lies about the real crises that is going on at our borders being presented to Canadians by this present day gang of liberal liars who are running and ruining this once great nation.

But then again maybe it could back fire on Trudeau instead. It worked for Trump by telling the people what they needed and wanted to hear and they believed what Trump was telling them. It could work for Scheer also. Hey, you never know. I agree though that  this prime mistake of ours has to go or else this country will be finished off if that fool gets to stay in power for another five years. Shocking thought indeed. 

2 hours ago, taxme said:

At least Bernier is wearing big boy britches and not girlie feminist ones like Trudeau enjoys wearing all the time

First, I am disappointed in your mis-charaterization of girlie britches. Don't knock it until you've tried it. 

2 hours ago, taxme said:

this illegal criminal immigration activity going on in Canada

You have described this situation as "illegal" before. As I understand it, international law requires that if a person comes to the border and makes a claim of refugee status, they have a legal right to enter the country and have their claim heard. You might be able to get the all the signatories to the Treaty on Refugees to reconsider the law, but until then, that's the way it is.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, taxme said:

1. There was nothing on that tape that said anything at all. Just plenty more of CNN nonsense.  

2. Trump tries to get the right and best people for the job in his cabinet 

1. Yes, the sound of Trump debasing himself and weaseling out of facing that he fired her... right... CNN nonsense... I guess the tape was doctored.

2. Clearly.

28 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

You have described this situation as "illegal" before. As I understand it, international law requires that if a person comes to the border and makes a claim of refugee status, they have a legal right to enter the country and have their claim heard. You might be able to get the all the signatories to the Treaty on Refugees to reconsider the law, but until then, that's the way it is.

There is only a such an "international law" for refugees facing persecution, not all refugees seeking asylum.    There is no requirement to permit entry and residency while general asylum claims are being processed.   Economic migrants are certainly not afforded any such protections.

18 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

First, I am disappointed in your mis-charaterization of girlie britches. Don't knock it until you've tried it. 

Well, that prime mistake of yours calls himself a feminist. I have been wearing big boy britches for decades now. I refuse to wear girlie britches. Real men do not wear girlie britches.  :D

As I understand it anyone can make an asylum claim at a main border crossing but not at non border crossings. So, anyone crossing at a non border crossing is committing an offence. They have become illegal criminals by doing so and they know it. The only right that they have is the right to be sent back home from whence they came from at the Canadian taxpayer's tax dollars expense of course. We can see now that those treaties that Canada signed onto are now costing the taxpayer's of Canada hundreds of millions of their tax dollars every year. If you think that this is all okay with you well then there has to be something wrong with your way of liberal thinking.

Would you be willing to take in any of those illegal so called refugee criminals into your home? I doubt it. But you appear to have no problem with allowing them into my home the home that I call Canada. I should have a right to say as to whether I want to allow them to stay here or not. But I am denied this right. Our dear leader politicians get to tell us that we must accept them all dam the cost. Just remember that it is my tax dollars also that are being wasted here. 

Edited by taxme

18 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Yes, the sound of Trump debasing himself and weaseling out of facing that he fired her... right... CNN nonsense... I guess the tape was doctored.

2. Clearly.

1. Everything CNN says or does is doctored and all of it meant to try to take down and make Trump always look bad. Never once has CNN ever said anything good about some of the Trump agenda that has been fulfilled that has been good for America and Americans. CNN is just full of leftist actors and activists and just a part of an agenda and program and working with the democrats to try and get something on Trump so they can have something to go on in the next election or to have Trump impeached before then. All they have for the next election is lies and utter bull shit to offer Americans. How anyone in their right mind cannot see the word idiot in Maxine Waters is beyond me. That poor excuse for a human being loser needs to be impeached for her promoting of hatred and violence against Trump. Too bad that Trump can't fire that thing. :unsure:

2. Trump clearly does try alright. But sometimes it is hard for not only Trump but for everyone in business to try and get decent help these days.  :D 

Edited by taxme

18 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Yep !  :D  Now I am just like you.  Thanks for pointing that out.

Geez, I would never ever have thought that I would ever hear you say that you are happy to be just like me a racist and a bad speller. Welcome to my racist and bad speller club. Glad to have you aboard. I will let you know where and when the next racist meeting will begin. I am sure glad that you did point that out alright. I see miracles can happen. LOL. 

3 hours ago, taxme said:

1. Everything CNN says or does is doctored and all of it meant to try to take down and make Trump always look bad.  

2. Trump clearly does try alright. But sometimes it is hard for not only Trump but for everyone in business to try and get decent help these days.  :D 

1. Ah ok.  So the tape was doctored ?  How about the conviction he's about to get ? :D

2. Riiiiight... a NORMAL BUSINESSMAN would hire Omorosa too right ?  

2 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Gettin a little  'stormy' now that Manafort admits violating campaign laws,  and .. Cohen surrenders to FBI.  That's gotta make Trump a bit nervous!

It will be great fun watching him go to jail, assuming that happens... but not as much fun as it was for his fans to see Hillary lose.  Politics as entertainment is a really bad idea...

4 hours ago, taxme said:

Well, that prime mistake of yours calls himself a feminist. I have been wearing big boy britches for decades now. I refuse to wear girlie britches. Real men do not wear girlie britches.  :D

As I understand it anyone can make an asylum claim at a main border crossing but not at non border crossings. So, anyone crossing at a non border crossing is committing an offence. They have become illegal criminals by doing so and they know it. The only right that they have is the right to be sent back home from whence they came from at the Canadian taxpayer's tax dollars expense of course. We can see now that those treaties that Canada signed onto are now costing the taxpayer's of Canada hundreds of millions of their tax dollars every year. If you think that this is all okay with you well then there has to be something wrong with your way of liberal thinking.

Would you be willing to take in any of those illegal so called refugee criminals into your home? I doubt it. But you appear to have no problem with allowing them into my home the home that I call Canada. I should have a right to say as to whether I want to allow them to stay here or not. But I am denied this right. Our dear leader politicians get to tell us that we must accept them all dam the cost. Just remember that it is my tax dollars also that are being wasted here. 

First, I am a Conservative, the Party of Sir John A. MacDonald.  I was pointing out what I believe is the current situation, not what I desire. My personal concern regarding immigration, is a case of numbers. I believe a population of 15 million is the maximum level we can sustain while preserving our wilderness. That wilderness is what makes Canada. I don't care where an immigrant comes from, only that they swear allegiance to the Queen.

That being said, I do not make national policy and nobody gives a darn what I think. If they did, this great country would be even better.

(You would be surprised how many real men wear lingerie.)

On 8/20/2018 at 3:20 PM, taxme said:

It would appear as though Maxine Bernier is playing into the hands of the Canadian people who are against all of this illegal criminal immigration activity going on in Canada today and rightly so. At least Bernier is wearing big boy britches and not girlie feminist ones like Trudeau enjoys wearing all the time and is willing to call it out as he sees it. Canadians need someone to finally speak for them for a change instead of being told constant lies about the real crises that is going on at our borders being presented to Canadians by this present day gang of liberal liars who are running and ruining this once great nation.

But then again maybe it could back fire on Trudeau instead. It worked for Trump by telling the people what they needed and wanted to hear and they believed what Trump was telling them. It could work for Scheer also. Hey, you never know. I agree though that  this prime mistake of ours has to go or else this country will be finished off if that fool gets to stay in power for another five years. Shocking thought indeed. 

6 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

First, I am a Conservative, the Party of Sir John A. MacDonald.  I was pointing out what I believe is the current situation, not what I desire. My personal concern regarding immigration, is a case of numbers. I believe a population of 15 million is the maximum level we can sustain while preserving our wilderness. That wilderness is what makes Canada. I don't care where an immigrant comes from, only that they swear allegiance to the Queen.

That being said, I do not make national policy and nobody gives a darn what I think. If they did, this great country would be even better.

(You would be surprised how many real men wear lingerie.)

Don't get me wrong, I agree with what Bernier said, I just don't think it's an argument that can withstand CBC's Liberal spin-doctoring.Trudeau will make a dozen straw-man arguments out of it, pontificate til the cows come home, and the CBC will make it into $650M worth of headline news. Election over.

EDIT: I don't know how the Queenmandy post got into there, I thought I was just replying to taxme. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by WestCanMan

3 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Gettin a little  'stormy' now that Manafort admits violating campaign laws,  and .. Cohen surrenders to FBI.  That's gotta make Trump a bit nervous!

Manafort was facing over 100 years in prison for tax charges from 2005 which the FBI had stopped investigating over a decade ago. Did he admit to something or did he fabricate something? 

Would Hillary (the subpoenaed-email-deleter, primary rigger and debate cheater) have come out squeeky-clean after this type of a witch hunt into her campaign spending? Not a freakin chance. 

Mueller's team is an atrocity against the free world if you're being honest. That's why 25 of his team have been fired, demoted, or have resigned in the last two years. The FBI will take decades to re-establish credibility when all is said and done.

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

:D  Trump's closest associates are all going to prison and we're talking about her emails.  Anyway, pretty clear that Hillary is going to have the last laugh here...

I'll be 100% honest with you MH: Trump is an annoying blowhard, and it's an embarrassment to Democracy that the leadership of the free world came down to Hillary and Trump, but Trump is what we got, fair and square.

It should be terrifying to you that the FBI can start such a biased investigation, based on the dossier that Hillary's Russians compiled, which was forced through the FISA court with unverified information presented as fact, deliberate failures to disclose the sources of the document and the amount of deliberate inaccuracies within it & feigned corroboration. 

Do you really think that this is a great day for Democracy? That's pathetic.

27 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1. It should be terrifying to you that the FBI can start such a biased investigation

2. Do you really think that this is a great day for Democracy? That's pathetic.

1. They're Republicans.... Mueller is a Republican.  The idea that someone can be objective makes peoples heads explode sometimes.

2. Trump is a liar and cheater, who is putting the biggest bunch of lying imbeciles in positions of trust.  I don't know about Democracy, but it's a good enough day...

The US has got to this low point by constantly dissing career politicians, which opened the way for a rich and glib celeb, completely clueless about the job, to mouth a few phrases and win. Trump associated with, let’s say, dubious characters for years and thought he could just carry on in the same fashion in the presidential campaign, even involving his family. As usual with this brilliant entrepreneur, the consequences will be disastrous for many around him, and even he may not escape unscathed this time. 

24 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

The US has got to this low point by constantly dissing career politicians, which opened the way for a rich and glib celeb, completely clueless about the job, to mouth a few phrases and win. Trump associated with, let’s say, dubious characters for years and thought he could just carry on in the same fashion in the presidential campaign, even involving his family. As usual with this brilliant entrepreneur, the consequences will be disastrous for many around him, and even he may not escape unscathed this time. 

Actually, U.S. presidents have been doing this from the very beginning of the nation....good times and bad....to the point of becoming a global super-power.

Lots of scandals to be found, two impeachments, a resignation, crony convictions, mistresses, lawsuits, corruption, drunken incompetence, etc.

This "low point" is just another stop on the history continuum.

1 hour ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

America chose trump because those crooked career politician you are referring to like Hilary would have been a far worse option. Trump is doing a fine job trolling the left, everyday I see head explode over the latest tweet that has nothing to do with their daily lives. Now, the left's only solution to trump is resist and obstruction. I hope they keep that mantra up in 2020 and loose again. Republicans are quickly becoming a party of results not resistance ; people are waking up to that reality,. You are seeing a shift of minority voters who were once the core of democrat's base now moving over to the GOP side. 

Canada should view this as a sign of what's to come in 2019. What ever happens in the US will eventually make its way to Canada. There is a building resentment of Trudeau's administration and its insistence on pandering to identity politics. 

Edited by paxamericana

12 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It will be great fun watching him go to jail, assuming that happens... but not as much fun as it was for his fans to see Hillary lose.  Politics as entertainment is a really bad idea...

Apparently the law in the US is that he must be impeached before criminal charges can be brought against him. A standing POTUS cannot have criminal charges brought against him. So that will depend on how the prosecutions of Manafort and Cohen go.