This week in Islam

kimmy

19 minutes ago, dialamah said:

In France, Austria, Belgium, a few other European nations and now Quebec, people are not free to wear what they want.  In particular Muslim women are targetted by limitations on how they are allowed to dress. 

Are they beaten to death or imprisoned and raped if they refuse, as is the case in some Muslim countries? Are they forced to return into buildings which are on fire because they're not wearing the right face coverings?

19 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Even without these laws, Muslim women are attacked physically and verbally in many Western countries. 

Extremely rarely. Certainly not as often as Jews are attacked in those western countries - by Muslims.
 And THOSE physical attacks are far, far more violent.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, jacee said:

In particular, how do you justify smearing Canadian Muslims that way? 

By 'smearing Muslims' do you mean 'citing the actions of Musliims, quoting from polls which discuss Muslim social and religious values, as well as from their religious texts'?

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Argus said:

Extremely rarely. Certainly not as often as Jews are attacked in those western countries - by Muslims.
 And THOSE physical attacks are far, far more violent.

Drivel.  Anti-Semitic, anti-Muslim attacks are carried out by White Supremacists.  Islamic extremists attack everyone.  

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

The Ukrainians who eagerly helped the Nazis toss Jews into the pits at places like Babi Yar weren't Nazis themselves. Just good ol' fashioned Jew haters.

Why does everybody always try to ignore and overlook what happened to the Ukranians who had to endure their own Holodomor Holocaust massacre where millions of them were starved to death by the Russian communists? That was an Holocaust also which is hardly ever talked about. Why some Ukranians helped the Germans is something that I do not know, but maybe they had their own good reasons for wanting to help the German's out. They may have hated the ones that supported the communists. Were they Jews who were helping out the communists at the time?  Who knows? But the true story is that you nor me will ever know as to what took place way back when. All you appear to want to do here is call people "Jew haters". One can easily say here that you appear to be a gentile hater here, right? Well?  

Edited by taxme

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

Drivel.  Anti-Semitic, anti-Muslim attacks are carried out by White Supremacists.  Islamic extremists attack everyone.  

Most of the attacks on Jews in Europe appear to be from Muslims. We don't keep track here. And you don't have to be a terrorist to attack a Jew. For example, two months ago a Muslim in Toronto saw a Pride decorated car and jumped out of his car to beat the driver. He wasn't a terrorist.

Islam is a, in addition to being a religion, a political ideology. One can dislike and disapprove of that just as one can dislike and disapprove of Nazism or Communism.

4 minutes ago, taxme said:

Why does everybody always try to ignore and overlook what happened to the Ukranians who had to endure their own Holodomor Holocaust massacre where millions of them were starved to death by the Russian communists? That was an Holocaust also. Why some Ukranians helped the Germans is something that I do not know, but maybe they had their own reasons for wanting to help the German's out. They no doubt must have hated the ones that supported the communists. 

So the victims of Babi Yar, Rumbula, Kaunas, etc deserved what they got due to Stalin's homicidal methods. Good to know where you stand.

So you're under the impression Stalin was Jewish? Interesting. 

He wasn't.

9 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Got to get that "white supremacist" bull chit in there, eh? I see on TV more Muslim attacks being committed on white people than I ever do see white people or white supremacists carrying out attacks on Muslims. There are way more Islamic extremists in the world than they are white supremacist extremists in the world committing atrocities towards non-Muslims. The problem for white people today is that they are now stuck in the middle of a war that has been going on for centuries between the Jews and Arab Muslims. :(

Just now, taxme said:

Got to get that "white supremacist" bull chit in there, eh? I see on TV more Muslim attacks being committed on white people than I ever do see white people or white supremacists carrying out attacks on Muslims. There are way more Islamic extremists in the world than they are white supremacist extremists in the world committing atrocities towards non-Muslims. The problem for white people today is that they are now stuck in the middle of a war that has been going on for centuries between the Jews and Arab Muslims. :(

Believe it or not, not EVERY brown body in the Middle East is a Muslim.

7 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

So the victims of Babi Yar, Rumbula, Kaunas, etc deserved what they got due to Stalin's homicidal methods. Good to know where you stand.

So you're under the impression Stalin was Jewish? Interesting. 

He wasn't.

So, the victims of the Holdomor deserved what they got due to Stalin's homicidal methods, eh? It's good to know where you stand also. Screw the Ukranians. There will only be one Holocaust recognized in the world by all according to you, eh? All other holocausts that have happened in the world are not worth noting then, eh?  

Where did I give the impression that Stalin was Jewish? Show me verbatim where I said this? Just more lies and accusations coming from you again. It never ends with you, does it? Say something that may appear anti-semitic, and bingo, one is now called a hater of Jews. Boy, you people are really paranoid, aren't you. Pathetic indeed. 

But Stalin did have and was associated with many Jews while he was the communist dictator of Russia. How do like them for apples? ;)

1 minute ago, taxme said:

So, the victims of the Holdomor deserved what they got due to Stalin's homicidal methods, eh? It's good to know where you stand also. Screw the Ukranians. There will only be one Holocaust recognized in the world by all according to you, eh? All other holocausts that have happened in the world are not worth noting then, eh?  

Where did I give the impression that Stalin was Jewish? Show me verbatim where I said this? Just more lies and accusations coming from you again. It never ends with you, does it? Say something that may appear anti-semitic, and bingo, one is now called a hater of Jews. Boy, you people are really paranoid, aren't you. Pathetic indeed. 

But Stalin did have and was associated with many Jews while he was the communist dictator of Russia. How do like them for apples? ;)

You 'accused' me of being Jewish in a swell Gestapo-informer like fashion...thought you were doing the same to Uncle Joe.

11 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Believe it or not, not EVERY brown body in the Middle East is a Muslim.

Believe it or not, I do not think that you know much at all about anything. You appear to never use any kind of common sense or logic at all. All I have observed and get from you is just more foolish and silly ass emotional talk. Not to forget the many lies and accusations that you keep making up against me all the time here. I guess that is just you. :P

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

You 'accused' me of being Jewish in a swell Gestapo-informer like fashion...thought you were doing the same to Uncle Joe.

Well, by your many replies to me about me being a Jew hater, over me questioning or challenging anything that has to do with Israel or Judaism makes me get the impression that you must be Jewish then? So, are you Jewish or not? The whole world wants to know, especially me. At least then I will really know as to who I am really dealing with here. :D

1 hour ago, jacee said:

Pleas show me how you justify that broad-brush statement! 

In particular, how do you justify smearing Canadian Muslims that way? 

That broad brush statement is the truth.  It's that simple.  We've been into it enough on here such that any statement opposing that truth is seen as self serving and blinkered.

I didn't say anything about Canadian Muslims.  As far as I am concerned, they could all be the boring kind that don't warrant attention, as I mentioned to dialamah in a reply sometime today.

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

In France, Austria, Belgium, a few other European nations and now Quebec, people are not free to wear what they want.  In particular Muslim women are targetted by limitations on how they are allowed to dress.  Even without these laws, Muslim women are attacked physically and verbally in many Western countries.  We here might understand that the attackers are not the standard by which all Westerners should be judged, but ISIS will still use these things as propoganda against the West.  True - Muslim women are attacked; Western milirary action results in dead Muslims.  Propaganda - Westerners want to destroy Islam and eliminate Muslims.  

In some ME country, ISIS extremists threw gay people off a roof.   I don't know if this happened once or twice, but it was in the very specific context of ISIS behavior.  Never mind that even in countries where there is a state imposed death penalty, gays are actually rarely killed, or that if a private citizen kills a gay person its still murder.  

True: people were thrown from a roof as an Islamic-inspired punishment for being gay.  Propaganda (repeated here pretty regularly) - Muslims want to, and will, kill gay people at will by throwing them from a roof.

Another fact vs. propaganda example:  Pew research confirms that the vast majority of Muslims disapprove of homosexuality and do not believe that one can be both Muslim and homosexual.  Some smaller amount believe capital punishment (administered by the State or by Allah because murder is both religiously forbidden and illegal) is an appropriate punishment.  Propaganda:  Muslims murder gays at will by throwing them off roofs because their religion demands it.

First off, you are talking about being denied the right to wear something (a right which I support, and have stated so here many times) as opposed to being forced to wear something.  I believe there is a difference, even though I support the perpetrator in both cases.  Secondly, the punishments are wildly different.   As for those who would assault physically and verbally someone purely for what they wear, I bow to no-one in my contempt for them.  If ISIS uses such things as propaganda, it shows the weak resources they have to work with.

Never mind that even in countries where there is a state imposed death penalty, gays are actually rarely killed, or that if a private citizen kills a gay person its still murder.  

The above is an odd statement.  Surely the death penalty for homosexuality deserves more to be condemned for existing than excused for being rarely used?  And if it is siimilar in any way to the death penalty for blasphemy which is on the books in many countries, the workings of the mob more than make up for any failings by the justice system.

I've seen pictures of gay men hung from cranes in...  I can't remember.  It might have been Iran.  Still, if Muslims murder gays by throwing them off roofs because their religion demands it then it should be reported, and the only words missing should perhaps be "at will".  It implies a frequency that doesn't exist.  It doesn't make the facts any more palatable when one omits those words.  I would though.

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

1. Still, if Muslims murder gays by throwing them off roofs

2. because their religion demands it

3. then it should be reported,

1. ISIS throws gays off roofs, not Muslims;

2.  Their religion does not demand it.

3.  If it's reported as "Muslims throw gays off roof because their religion demands it" isn't "reporting", its propaganda.

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

1. ISIS throws gays off roofs, not Muslims;

2.  Their religion does not demand it.

3.  If it's reported as "Muslims throw gays off roof because their religion demands it" isn't "reporting", its propaganda.

1) Well, ISIS are Muslims. (Even if you don't like it) Their religion does influence their behaviour quite a bit.

2) Their interpretation of their religion seems to.  It would be the same with the crane episode I spoke of.  That was pre ISIS.  I didn't look into it deeply at the time, but I do seem to remember it was a religiously motivated act.

3) Sure.  Some Muslims throw gays off roofs because their religion demands it would be more accurate.  I can't argue with your point there.

Anyway, is your point here that homosexuality is fully accepted as part of Islamic culture, or is it that those who regard is as deplorable are not Muslims at all?

3 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam is a religion. It isn't a race...or a skin colour.

Judaism isn't a race either but that didn't stop your uncle from acting otherwise. 

You'd like it to be something else. It's not.

Funny how history repeats...like yet another apple falling from the old family tree.

6 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Judaeo-Christianity came up with the radical concept of Thou Shalt Not Kill. No conditions.

As well: Love Thy Neighbor...Go and do thou likewise....turn the other cheek...etc.

Absolutely revolutionary.

You're free to post Islam's version....

No answer I guess. But good on you to remind us all how we got here. 

6 hours ago, Argus said:

By 'smearing Muslims' do you mean 'citing the actions of Musliims, quoting from polls which discuss Muslim social and religious values, as well as from their religious texts'?

Cite the actions and polls of Muslims in Canada. 

(The war of the religious texts is nonsense.)

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

Judaism isn't a race either but that didn't stop your uncle from acting otherwise. 

Funny how history repeats...like yet another apple falling from the old family tree.

History repeats itself in a lotta ways, like when you post your banal vitriol.

But hey,  Merry Christmas 

Edited by OftenWrong
added seasons greetings