This week in Islam

kimmy

3 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I can't really think of anything especially redeeming about Christianity, either. 

Judaeo-Christianity came up with the radical concept of Thou Shalt Not Kill. No conditions.

As well: Love Thy Neighbor...Go and do thou likewise....turn the other cheek...etc.

Absolutely revolutionary.

You're free to post Islam's version....

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bcsapper said:

If you lived in Iran would you worry about being caught without your scarf on?  Or would you be sure to wear it whether you wanted to or not?

The comparisons of other religions with Islam are disingenuous.  No-one would say that there is any religion that can be held as completely benign at the moment.  Even Buddhists can be bastards.  But as I have stated again and again, none of them hold a candle to Islam for overall brutality and oppression.

There is a lot of fake news out there originating from anti-Muslim white supremacists, or from Israel. The more of it you read, the more of it will be in your feed. But 'more' doesn't mean any of it is true. It's just propaganda designed to make you fear and hate Muslims. And it appears that you are falling for their tricks.

There are over 1m Muslims in Canada. I haven't heard of any "brutality and oppression" here.

However, a white supremacist did brutally murder 6 Muslims at prayer in Quebec, for no reason but hatred, likely after consuming that kind of hate propaganda.

Terrorists are terrorists. Though they may claim to be Muslim or Christian,  they practice no religion, and no religion claims them as their own. They are just terrorists, deranged by propaganda. 

Edited by jacee

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

Actually I covered that in my simmary when I said "These increases apply mainly to non-Islamic states, since Islamic states already scored highly on restrictions and favoritism."

Your claim that I'm calling them "comparable" fails.

The fact is that state sponsored interference in religious practice is increasing in non-Islamic countries.  Quit trying to pretend that isn't true or doesn't matter.

AAaaand she does it again.

"Hey! Never mind those church burnings and beating deaths in Egypt! Look! Look! They're trying to ban women in burkas from working for the government in Quebec! Aaaah! The humanity!"

4 minutes ago, jacee said:

There is a lot of fake news out there originating from anti-Muslim white supremacists, or from Israel. The more of it you read, the more of it will be in your feed. But 'more' doesn't mean any of it is true. It's just propaganda designed to make you fear and hate Muslims. And it appears that you are falling for their tricks.

There are over 1m Muslims in Canada. I haven't heard of any "brutality and oppression" here.

However, a white supremacist did brutally murder 6 Muslims at prayer in Quebec, for no reason but hatred. 

Yes, I'm only talking about the truth.  If I ever say anything you think is not true, let me know and I'll argue the point.

Just now, jacee said:

Justify this: 

"none of them hold a candle to Islam for overall brutality and oppression."

They don't.  Remember, I'm talking about religions world wide.

Please show me where I am wrong.

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

I can agree with you that the governments of Islamic countries are the worst for human rights violations and oppressive government.  I cannot, however, lay this at the feet of Islam itaelf because non-Islamic governments can be equally bad. 

No, they actually can't. There are no countries in the world as religiously oppressive as Muslim countries routinely are. There are no non-Muslim countries which ban other religions, which ban their temples or churches, which ban their religious celebrations. And while there are non-Muslim countries which are oppressive, ALL Muslim countries are oppressive. You'd think with 57 of them scattered about the globe at least a few would be enlightened but nope.

And blaming it all on Muslim governments is nonsense. Repeated polls have shown that large majorities in most Muslim countries support harsh religious laws.

As for the growth of anti-Muslim laws in other countries, that's virtually all inspired by violence from Muslims.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

Just now, bcsapper said:

They don't.  Remember, I'm talking about religions world wide.

Please show me where I am wrong.

Islam's invasion of India is apparently the planet's biggest historical massacre. 

Hindu Kush doesn't mean 'Happy Hindu'.

12 minutes ago, jacee said:

They don't have that ability. But as Douglas Murray says, Muslims are all about respect for minorities until they take power. Then that respect disappears.

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam is a religion founded during what we would call the Dark Ages in Arabia. It isn't a race nor is it a skin colour.

Would you prefer I say 'Nazis' instead of white supremacists? 

White supremacists hate both  Muslims and Jews, regardless of skin colour, it's true. But they are quieter about their anti-Semitism these days as it's more acceptable to hate Muslims. 

Just now, jacee said:

Would you prefer I say 'Nazis' instead of white supremacists? 

White supremacists hate both  Muslims and Jews, regardless of skin colour, it's true. But they are quieter about their anti-Semitism these days as it's more acceptable to hate Muslims. 

Islam is a religion. Not part of your DNA. What part of that are you having trouble understanding?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Argus said:

They don't have that ability. But as Douglas Murray says, Muslims are all about respect for minorities until they take power. Then that respect disappears.

Christians have been the biggest predators around the world ever since 'Christ' was co-opted by the Romans to serve the interests of wealth and power. 

'Christian' USA is still the biggest predator in the world, infiltrating, invading, destabilizing and setting up puppet governments in countries to steal their natural resources ... to serve the interests of wealth and power.

Indigenous people in those countries are murdered every day, for activism against US industry and interests.

Edited by jacee

36 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

If you describe how people are free to wear what they want, or how nice they are to gay people, it's somewhat different from describing how people are forced to wear certain clothing, and how awful people are to blasphemers and apostates.

In France, Austria, Belgium, a few other European nations and now Quebec, people are not free to wear what they want.  In particular Muslim women are targetted by limitations on how they are allowed to dress.  Even without these laws, Muslim women are attacked physically and verbally in many Western countries.  We here might understand that the attackers are not the standard by which all Westerners should be judged, but ISIS will still use these things as propoganda against the West.  True - Muslim women are attacked; Western milirary action results in dead Muslims.  Propaganda - Westerners want to destroy Islam and eliminate Muslims.  

In some ME country, ISIS extremists threw gay people off a roof.   I don't know if this happened once or twice, but it was in the very specific context of ISIS behavior.  Never mind that even in countries where there is a state imposed death penalty, gays are actually rarely killed, or that if a private citizen kills a gay person its still murder.  

True: people were thrown from a roof as an Islamic-inspired punishment for being gay.  Propaganda (repeated here pretty regularly) - Muslims want to, and will, kill gay people at will by throwing them from a roof.

Another fact vs. propaganda example:  Pew research confirms that the vast majority of Muslims disapprove of homosexuality and do not believe that one can be both Muslim and homosexual.  Some smaller amount believe capital punishment (administered by the State or by Allah because murder is both religiously forbidden and illegal) is an appropriate punishment.  Propaganda:  Muslims murder gays at will by throwing them off roofs because their religion demands it.

On 12/18/2019 at 3:13 PM, scribblet said:

Personal attacks are the ammunition of the unintelligent, read the rules.      It's amazing how people like to call names because  they can't  accept it.  the law is for those groups fleeing religious persecution from some muslim countries,  it  ain't the Amish doing the persecuting.

There are a few unintelligent members here who like to call other members unintelligent nasty names when they cannot win an argument or debate with them. I will not mention any names. They may start to cry and want to insult me some more. They say that they are of another religion, but yet they act like they belong to the Islamic religion. Just saying. 

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

In France, Austria, Belgium, a few other European nations and now Quebec, people are not free to wear what they want.  In particular Muslim women are targetted by limitations on how they are allowed to dress.  Even without these laws, Muslim women are attacked physically and verbally in many Western countries.  We here might understand that the attackers are not the standard by which all Westerners should be judged, but ISIS will still use these things as propoganda against the West.  True - Muslim women are attacked; Western milirary action results in dead Muslims.  Propaganda - Westerners want to destroy Islam and eliminate Muslims.  

In some ME country, ISIS extremists threw gay people off a roof.   I don't know if this happened once or twice, but it was in the very specific context of ISIS behavior.  Never mind that even in countries where there is a state imposed death penalty, gays are actually rarely killed, or that if a private citizen kills a gay person its still murder.  

True: people were thrown from a roof as an Islamic-inspired punishment for being gay.  Propaganda (repeated here pretty regularly) - Muslims want to, and will, kill gay people at will by throwing them from a roof.

Another fact vs. propaganda example:  Pew research confirms that the vast majority of Muslims disapprove of homosexuality and do not believe that one can be both Muslim and homosexual.  Some smaller amount believe capital punishment (administered by the State or by Allah because murder is both religiously forbidden and illegal) is an appropriate punishment.  Propaganda:  Muslims murder gays at will by throwing them off roofs because their religion demands it.

Oh...so there's an acceptable amount of throwing homosexuals from roof-tops.

How much is that?

1 minute ago, taxme said:

There are a few unintelligent members here who like to call other members unintelligent nasty names when they cannot win an argument or debate with them. I will not mention any names. They may start to cry and want to insult me some more. They say that they are of another religion, but yet they act like they belong to the Islamic religion. Just saying. 

The Ukrainians who eagerly helped the Nazis toss Jews into the pits at places like Babi Yar weren't Nazis themselves. Just good ol' fashioned Jew haters.

19 minutes ago, jacee said:

Christians have been the biggest predators around the world ever since 'Christ' was co-opted by the Romans to serve the interests of wealth and power. 

I know you want to believe that given your hatred for all western institutions and traditions, but it just ain't true. You should look at the history of Islam and its warlords. I bet you aren't even aware that countries like Turkey, Egypt, Syria and Lebanon used to be Christian. Or that there didn't used to be any Muslims in what is now Pakistan and Bangladesh. Islam was installed by forced conversion, executing those who refused, or driving them away.

'Christian' USA is still the biggest predator in the world, infiltrating, invading, destabilizing and setting up puppet governments in countries to steal their natural resources ... to serve the interests of wealth and power.

Drivel. China is the biggest predator. You're just bleating because you hate Capitalism. But Capitalism has lifted hundreds of millions out of poverty in the last few decades. The poorest countries with the most miserable living conditions are generally those who shun Capitalism.

Edited by Argus

4 minutes ago, jacee said:

Indigenous people in those countries are murdered every day, for activism against US industry and interests.

There have and still are many religions today that were/are predators who try to foist and force their evil religions on others.

Christ was murdered by the Romans. Christ was a peaceful man, who tried to teach love and tolerance. There is one evil religion in the world that has tried to take the word "Christ" out of Christmas. They like to say have a Merry Xmas. That religion hates Christ, and they had him crucified. In every religion there are people who are not what one would call very religious at all in their religion. There are good Christians, and then there are power and money crazy evil Christians. The Islamic religion can be seen as being one religion that can be just as bad and evil looking as another. Most of them have made a mockery of and have given good Christians a bad name.  Personally, I wish there were no religions at all in the world anymore. I believe that half of the world's problems would disappear over night if all religions were gotten rid of. Sadly, I cannot see that ever happening. There are just too many gullible religious people out there who do believe that without religion in their lives, they could not survive. But many do survive without belonging to any religion. Those believers can to if they gave it a try. :)