This week in Islam

kimmy

24 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

The majority of accounts have her age pegged at 6 when married and merely used to rub against...9 when consummated...errr....properly. 

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Aishas_Age_of_Consummation

Sure....some histories say she was older....but they aren't what are called 'reliable Hadiths'. Some of these 'accounts' took place 100s of years post event. But the one I posted is from one of the most reliable and is attributed to Aisha herself.

Your cite corroborates what I said about marriage to young women, that consummation happened at menstruation and that M married her for political reasons.  Based on your reasoning, Christians are just as much pedophiles as Muslims.

Just now, dialamah said:

Your cite corroborates what I said about marriage to young women, that consummation happened at menstruation and that M married her for political reasons.  Based on your reasoning, Christians are just as much pedophiles as Muslims.

https://muflihun.com/bukhari/62/64

In black & white.

You're free to pretend I wrote it.

3 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Incidence of child marriage is not the same as legal age.  Try again.

You said the majority of Muslim nations "forbid" it.  Clearly, they do not "forbid" it.

Nice try at moving the goalposts - a favourite apologist trick of your's.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

You said the majority of Muslim nations "forbid" it.  Clearly, they do not "forbid" it.

At least Hinduism is open about sexuality...between adults. That Krishna was quite the scamp. Not anything like the fellows you meet at the airport.

Islam[edit]

In classical Islamic law (Sharia), suitability for marital relations is conditional on physical maturity (bulugh) and mental maturity (rushd). Classical jurists did not stipulate a minimum marriageable age because they did not believe that maturity is reached by everyone at a specific age.[97][98][93][99][100] Büchler and Schlater observe that "marriageable age according to classical Islamic law coincides with the occurrence of puberty. The notion of puberty refers to signs of physical maturity such as the emission of semen or the onset of menstruation". Traditional schools of Islamic jurisprudence (madhaahib) define the age of full legal capacity to enter marriage as follows:[101]

Male age Female age Notes
Shafi'i 15 15  
Hanbali 15 15  
Maliki 17 17  
Hanafi 12 9  
Jafari 15 9 Shia

According to Büchler and Schlater, while marriageable age is not the same as legal majority under civil law, these age limits may correspond.[101]

The 1917 codification of Islamic family law in the Ottoman empire distinguished between the age of competence for marriage, which was set at 18 for boys and 17 for girls, and the minimum age for marriage, which followed the traditional Hanafi ages of legal majority of 12 for boys and 9 for girls. Marriage below the age of competence was permissible only if proof of sexual maturity was accepted in court, while marriage under the minimum age was forbidden. During the 20th century, most countries in the Middle East followed the Ottoman precedent in defining the age of competence, while raising the minimum age to 15 or 16 for boys and 13-16 for girls. Marriage below the age of competence is subject to approval by a judge and the legal guardian of the adolescent. Egypt diverged from this pattern by setting the age limits of 18 for boys and 16 for girls, without a distinction between competence for marriage and minimum age.[53] Many senior clerics in Saudi Arabia have opposed setting a minimum age for marriage, arguing that a woman reaches adulthood at puberty.[102] However in 2019 Members of the Saudi Shoura Council in 2019 approved fresh regulations for minor marriages that will outlaw marrying of 15-year-olds and require court approval for those under 18. Chairman of the Human Rights Committee at the Shoura Council, Dr. Hadi Al-Yami, said that introduced controls were based on in-depth studies presented to the body.[103] According to the Salafi website IslamQA, Islamic marriage is impossible without the consent of the girl.[104]

Such a liar for Islam.  Astonishing.

"The majority forbid it."  LOL

Edited by Goddess

35 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Such a liar for Islam.  Astonishing.

"The majority forbid it."  LOL

http://dar-alifta.org/Foreign/ViewFatwa.aspx?ID=6018

I am getting an impression there is no minimum age for marriage. Rather there is an age at which, if the individual has not reached an apparent or obvious puberty, she may marry.

The site says Hanifa put the age of the woman at 17.

India is applying section 144 in some areas which allows the officials to forbid the gatherings of more than four people if they fear disturbance of order and the breaking of the Law. This can in theory only be applied when there is a clear threat of disturbance of order and violence. In practice it has now been applied without such a clear threat. Which contradicts the fact that the people supposedly have freedom of speech, freedom of expression and freedom of assembly.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-50849909

Is BPJ framing Muslims during protests? Possibly lighting a bus on fire and this also?

On Sunday the Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke about the protesters being identifiable by their clothing.

Then on Wednesday, 6 or 7 young people associated with the BJP were caught throwing stones at a train engine wearing skullcaps and lungis each one of them, in Murshidabat.

https://m.telegraphindia.com/states/west-bengal/stone-gang-in-fake-skullcap-held-by-murshidabad-police/cid/1728657

004-map-India-Murshidabad.gif

This week in Islam another man was sentenced to death for blaspheme in Pakistan - one of Canada's main source countries for immigrants.

Prosecuting lawyers handed out sweets to celebrate the joyous occasion. People wondering why Islam is still stuck in the dark ages should consider what happens to any Muslim who dares to express the slightest doubt in the wisdom of sixth century moral codes.

Junaid Hafeez: Pakistani academic given death sentence for blasphemy

Thirty-three-year-old Junaid Hafeez was accused of insulting the Prophet Muhammad on social media. He has been imprisoned without trial for six years, with much of that time spent in solitary confinement.

"This is a vile and gross miscarriage of justice," Amnesty International's Rabia Mehmood wrote on Twitter.
Asad Jamal, Hafeez's lawyer, told Reuters news agency that he would appeal against the ruling in a higher court.
"There can't be a fair trial in blasphemy cases in Pakistan," Jamal said. "We have a spineless system. No one can stand up to a blasphemy charge."
Government lawyer Azim Chaudhry hailed the decision, saying it was a "victory of truthfulness and righteousness."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-50878432

• Like 1

Mohamed Ahmed E A Al-Hashemi,  Muslim terrorist, tried to murder a trooper but was shot dead instead.  Al-Hashemi was on a Student Visa from Qatar attending school at ArizonaStateU.    I love a happy ending….
How did he get a Visa anyway
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-arizona-officer-kills-qatari-man-attacked-67862207

Meanwhile in India as protests rage and become more violent, banned jihadi group SIMI and Indian Mujahideen terrorists enter Delhi amid massive CAA protests.   I like the ‘unsocial elements’ .   Not looking good for India.

https://www.indiatvnews.com/news/india/delhi-caa-protests-simi-terrorists-indian-mujahideen-citizenship-act-intelligence-bureau-572637

Amid the ongoing protests over the amended Citizenship Act in Delhi, authorities have warned of the possibilities of terrorists entering the national capital. According to a notification by the Intelligence Bureau, a terrorist cell may be activated in Delhi. Security agencies have also warned of massive protests in Delhi in the wake off Citizenship Amendment Act and the possible presence of unsocial elements. According to the notification, militants from SIMI and its offshoot Indian Mujahideen (IM) can be a part of the demonstrations

Edited by scribblet

14 hours ago, Argus said:

Pakistani academic given death sentence for blasphemy

He also got a fine, ten years rigorous imprisonment, imprisonment for life, another fine and a death sentence. And supposedly 12 months of imprisonment on top of that.

should consider what happens to any Muslim who dares to express the slightest doubt in the wisdom of sixth century moral codes.

Did the accused express doubts? Was that why he was convicted? Was that why his defender in court was murdered in his office in the very beginning? Was that why the people who could have and possibly would have defended him in court were all transferred to a different district? Was that why no one was arrested for the murder of the lawyer? Was that why 7 different judges were transferred during the six year trial?

He has been imprisoned without trial for six years,

The trial began in 2014. He was arrested in 2013.

There are reportedly 40 people on death row for blasphemy. None has been executed yet.

Source: dawn.com

Edited by Marocc

12 hours ago, Marocc said:

He also got a fine, ten years rigorous imprisonment, imprisonment for life, another fine and a death sentence. And supposedly 12 months of imprisonment on top of that.

Did the accused express doubts? Was that why he was convicted? Was that why his defender in court was murdered in his office in the very beginning? Was that why the people who could have and possibly would have defended him in court were all transferred to a different district? Was that why no one was arrested for the murder of the lawyer? Was that why 7 different judges were transferred during the six year trial?

The trial began in 2014. He was arrested in 2013.

There are reportedly 40 people on death row for blasphemy. None has been executed yet.

Source: dawn.com

It's tough to discern any editorial comment in your post there.  Are you as horrified as the sane contingent at the thought of punishment for blasphemy?

As for none of those on death row being executed yet, the mob often makes up for that.

Edited by bcsapper
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction - Blaise Pascal

9 hours ago, bcsapper said:

It's tough to discern any editorial comment in your post

It was insinuated by @Argus that the man was arrested for expressing the slightest doubt. I'm asking did he and was that why he was arrested. I'm also mentioning relevant circumstances that were not mentioned, which point to alarming level of corruption.

12 hours ago, Marocc said:

It was insinuated by @Argus that the man was arrested for expressing the slightest doubt. I'm asking did he and was that why he was arrested. I'm also mentioning relevant circumstances that were not mentioned, which point to alarming level of corruption.

No, he didn't insinuate anything.  He posted a link saying exactly why the man was arrested.  He then used hyperbole to express how disgusting and barbaric the situation was.  Perfectly justified, in my opinion. 

But that said, what do your other points say about the situation?  Are you suggesting that there was more to this than meets the BBC's eye?

Edit>  Thinking on, I don't know it's hyperbole.  I don't actually know for sure what happens to people who express the slightest doubt.

Edited by bcsapper

On 12/22/2019 at 11:38 PM, bcsapper said:

No, he didn't insinuate anything.  He posted a link saying exactly why the man was arrested.  He then used hyperbole to express how disgusting and barbaric the situation was.  Perfectly justified, in my opinion. 

But that said, what do your other points say about the situation?  Are you suggesting that there was more to this than meets the BBC's eye?

Edit>  Thinking on, I don't know it's hyperbole.  I don't actually know for sure what happens to people who express the slightest doubt.

I note that people who express the slightest doubt that Jesus Christ was divine, the son of God, or born of a virgin are routinely attacked by Christians who, if they had the power, would happily throw all of us nonbelievers in the lions' den. 

Lol 

20 minutes ago, jacee said:

I note that people who express the slightest doubt that Jesus Christ was divine, the son of God, or born of a virgin are routinely attacked by Christians who, if they had the power, would happily throw all of us nonbelievers in the lions' den. 

Lol 

Bull sh.t   they dont sentence non believers to death or same if they leave, among other barbaric Islamic cultures

7 hours ago, jacee said:

Lol 

Yeah right.  Not much point in answering a comment comparing the Muslim reaction to blasphemy to a Christian reaction to blasphemy.  Your bias is made blatantly obvious when you are willing to make stuff up like that.  I have to admit, I do wonder how such a nonsensical bias comes about.

Edited by bcsapper
Men (and women, apparently) never do bias so completely and cheerfully as when they do it in order to deliberately ignore religious conviction - Not Blaise Pascal

The situation is abhorrent in India

https://www.news18.com/amp/news/india/cops-barged-into-our-homes-at-night-smashed-everything-snatched-cash-and-jewellery-say-muzaffarnagars-muslim-families-2435565.html

The family lives/-ed in a Muslim majority neighbourhood. The cops broke basically everything including four scooters belonging to the family. All family members were injured.

external-content.duckduckgo.com(3).jpg