This week in Islam

kimmy

5 minutes ago, Marocc said:

Any professor of the English language would agree.

No, they wouldn't.

I told you I have friends in the military who suffer from having to watch little boys be raped repeatedly in Afghanistan  and you asked how my friends got free from Afghanistan.

Deliberately stupid?  Or just plain stupid?

Edited by Goddess

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

Another liar for Islam.

Voíla! An article that says nothing about penalty for being gay in Islam. The only examples of actual punishments come of actual terrorist organizations.

14 minutes ago, Goddess said:

And why is it bad for me to say I don't like the burka and I don't agree with them but okay for you to say it?

Because it contradicts your other statements. A liar gains advantage from a good memory.

32 minutes ago, Goddess said:

you have zero interest in women's rights

Do you accuse others of the things you yourself are guilty of?

9 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Such respect you show.  Is it because she is Muslim that you think its acceptable to call her a liar for her opinion?  Or is that you just can't cope with being disagreed with?  

No.  I disrespect anyone who outright lies.

• "Islam has no punishment for homosexuality"
  • "I don't know of any Muslim countries that punish gay people."

Do you imagine that I am the only one here that sees these are lies?

Lies for Islam.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marocc said:

Maybe. I haven't heard of any though.

Egypt puts them in jail from time to time. In January 2019 Iran hung a homosexual man, and the Iranian government defended that.

If you are really unaware of these things, you may want to take a look around the world.  Religions like Islam and Christianity are terrible when used as part of governing countries.  I object to many of the assumptions about Muslims that are made on this forum, but there is no doubt in my mind that Muslims would be better off if Islam was not part of any government.

7 minutes ago, Goddess said:

No.  I disrespect anyone who outright lies.

• "Islam has no punishment for homosexuality"
  • "I don't know of any Muslim countries that punish gay people."

Do you imagine that I am the only one here that sees these are lies?

Since you know nothing about this person, other than their religion, why do you assume a lack of awareness is a lie?  Why would anyone do that?  

Also, if this person rejects Hadith, accepting only Quran, then she'll believe that Islam has no punishment for homosexuality.

Sure, she could be lying, but your assumption that she is based on knowing nothing more than her gender and religion looks to me like more of the "Muslim = bad" pattern you exhibit.

Edited by dialamah

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Egypt puts them in jail from time to time. In January 2019 Iran hung a homosexual man, and the Iranian government defended that.

"From time to time."  SMH  You are the master of understatement when it comes to Islam.

Again, since these countries don't keep records of who they execute for homosexuality, there's no way of knowing the number.  From blogs and personal accounts (which you of course, discount)  there has been a lot more than 1 (one) homosexual executed in Iran.

They also hide them under other laws and most gay people in Muslim countries cannot be open with who they are.

You want to argue numbers that you pull out of your ass, while denying the reality of life for thousands of homosexuals under Muslim rule.

It does no good to just say, "OK, I guess there may be a SLIGHT  problem with homophobia in Islam" , then demand no one talk further about it and bury your head in the sand.

7 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Since you know nothing about this person, other than their religion, why do you assume a lack of awareness is a lie?  Why would anyone do that?  

Also, if this person rejects Hadith, accepting only Quran, then she'll believe that Islam has no punishment for homosexuality.

Sure, she could be lying, but your assumption that she is based on knowing nothing more than her gender and religion looks to me like more of the "Muslim = bad" pattern you exhibit.

It's a lie, nevertheless.

51 minutes ago, dialamah said:

From your Quran...which I did not write.

And [We had sent] Lot when he said to his people, "Do you commit such immorality as no one has preceded you with from among the worlds?

Indeed, you approach men with desire, instead of women. Rather, you are a transgressing people."

But the answer of his people was only that they said, "Evict them from your city! Indeed, they are men who keep themselves pure."

So We saved him and his family, except for his wife; she was of those who remained [with the evildoers].

And We rained upon them a rain [of stones]. Then see how was the end of the criminals.

https://quran.com/7/80-84

You're lying for Islam, as well.

46 minutes ago, Goddess said:

It's a lie, nevertheless.

Dialamah makes all sorts of claims against character that she refuses to back-up...sort of like a Trump impeachment.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I notice you do this every time a Muslim comes here and talks about their beliefs.  You "explain" what they are "really" saying.  I notice they never confirm what you say they say, though - they just let you defend them, neither confirming or denying what you say.

Why do you feel the need to speak for Muslims?  Why not let them speak for themselves?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

I notice you do this every time a Muslim comes here and talks about their beliefs.  You "explain" what they are "really" saying.  I notice they never confirm what you say they say, though - they just let you defend them, neither confirming or denying what you say.

Why do you feel the need to speak for Muslims?  Why not let them speak for themselves?

As you can see, dialamah's knowledge of what is actually in the Quran is lacking. You can not trust her when she makes claims...like about homosexuality.

23 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

As you can see, dialamah's knowledge of what is actually in the Quran is lacking. You can not trust her when she makes claims...like about homosexuality.

Meh.  It's good to be positive and give people the benefit of the doubt.

Just not when it comes to whether women should be covered every time they're in public.  Not when the belief is that women are trash and should be treated as trash.  Not when it comes to homophobia.  Not when it comes to anti-semitism.

At some point you have to stand up for what is right.  She thinks I'm a monster because I don't believe women belong in burkas.  I'm sorrynotsorry.  They just don't.  I don't care that some Muslims think they do.  It's wrong and I'm going to say it's wrong.  They're wrong and I'm going to say they're wrong.

This is a discussion forum, is it not?

According to Dia - who last I heard, has no ownership or authority on this discussion board - I am allowed to  say "I don't care for burkas." 

But I'm not allowed to say WHY.  I'm not allowed to give examples of why they are harmful and I'm not allowed to talk about the damage they do to women, to men, to children, to society.

If I do give my reasons, I'm told I'm an Islamophobe and a racist.

Her only concern is clearing Islam's name - concern for women, concern for girls, concern for gays and Jews - those all have a very low priority and making Islam into the "religion of peace" - not by reforming it, but by demanding it be called that -  is all she cares about.  She is willing to throw all those groups under the bus, just so Islam isn't talked bad about.  Disgusting.

Edited by Goddess

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

If you are really unaware of these things, you may want to take a look around the world

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Actually I misread your comment and was thinking of death penalty for homosexuality or homosexual acts. Not that I'm aware of other occasions of punishments either that have happened. In January a 31-year-old man was hung for sexual intercourse between two men and kidnapping of two 15-year-old boys.

You mean at the news regarding punishments for homosexuality? I am not too interested.

@Goddess ... now now, being a dishonest Islamophobe doesn't make you a monster in my book.  Given I lack your creativity in engaging in hyperbole, I can assure you that I consider you merely run-of-the-mill human, driven by fear and prejudice and lacking any insight into your own attitudes.  I reserve "monster" for those who actually engage in crimes against innocent people.

3 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Given I lack your creativity in engaging in hyperbole,

LOL  This is all you do here!  You re-write posts using nothing but hyperbole.  You're a GD master at it!

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

being a dishonest Islamophobe doesn't make you a monster in my book. 

Riiiiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhht. 

Your worst insults, accusations and threats are all aimed at those who criticize Islam. 

You have nothing but empathy, excuses and compassion for wife-beaters, gay-bashers, anti-semites, welfare bums, FGM practicers, promoters of burkas/hijabs, etc. 

Oh yes - if pushed - you will will say you disagree with all those things.  But none of the people who practice the above things ever receive your outright condemnation, scum judgments, name-calling and scorn.  Only they are offered your empathy and concern, understanding and tolerance. 

You reserve your caustic tongue only for critics of Islam.  You reserve your poisonous verbal attacks only for those who don't show Islam the proper respect you feel it deserves.

16 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I reserve "monster" for those who actually engage in crimes against innocent people.

No you don't.  You make excuses for them. You deny what's going on in Islam until you absolutely HAVE TO admit that something is a problem.  And then you try to change the subject - to another religion, another group, another anything, just as long as Islam isn't critisized .  Every.  Time.  You don't care about the plight of women in Islam.  You don't care that Islam hates Jews and gay peopleand it's followers are causing problems for these groups.  They are nothing to you.  Only Islam.  That is what must be protected.  

• Thanks 1

According to wiki over thousands of homosexuals have been executed in Iran since the revolution.  saudi Arabia had a mass execution of 37 men of whom 4 where accused of homosexuality and Hirsy Ali writs that islam is uniquely violent against homosexuals.  

3 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

And [We had sent] Lot when he said to his people, "Do you commit such immorality as no one has preceded you with from among the worlds?

Indeed, you approach men with desire, instead of women. Rather, you are a transgressing people."

But the answer of his people was only that they said, "Evict them from your city! Indeed, they are men who keep themselves pure."

So We saved him and his family, except for his wife; she was of those who remained [with the evildoers].

And We rained upon them a rain [of stones]. Then see how was the end of the criminals.

Surah Al-Ankabut 28 And (remember) Lut: behold, he said to his people: "Ye do commit lewdness, such as no people in Creation (ever) committed before you.

29 "Do ye indeed approach men, and cut off the highway?- and practise wickedness (even) in your councils?" But his people gave no answer but this: they said: "Bring us the Wrath of Allah if thou tellest the truth."

Surah Al-Hijr 58 Qaloo inna orsilna ila qawmin mujrimeena

They said: "We have been sent to a people (deep) in sin,

Mujrimeena = criminals, disbelivers, polytheists, sinners