This week in Islam

kimmy

2 hours ago, Goddess said:

Oh yes, we've discussed this ad nauseum.  The dissimilarities to nuns outweigh the similarities - unless you're an apologist for Islam.  Then some pea-brain always has to bring up "But, but, but....NUNS!" when hijabs are discussed.

Further...

There are two choices here...

a] Working for the greater glory of Allah by bringing Islam to the furthest corners of the globe in order to impose the Deen/Dīn upon mankind. And believe me...it's MANkind.

or

b] A classic example of Churchill's feeding the crocodile quote. 

Each one hopes that if he feeds the crocodile enough, the crocodile will eat him last. All of them hope that the storm will pass before their turn comes to be devoured. But I fear greatly that the storm will not pass. It will rage and it will roar ever more loudly, ever more widely.

Sir Winston

Edited by DogOnPorch

8 hours ago, Marocc said:

Blah blah blah..the animal is calmed first and when the slaughter is done right they feel no pain.

Oh sure...  The animal must be alive when its throat cut and be allowed to bleed out

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Good piece here on that. E exception is made for ritual slaughter, but should religious beliefs trump humane treatment of animals...

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-ritual-slaughter-is-inherently-cruel-canada-should-know-better-than/

Islam is a primitive death cult. Sacrificing animals to their blood god. What else is there to say?

• Like 1

Hypocrites.  Humans around the world kill animals, for food and sport, often brutally.   In the West, we torture animals for months or years before we kill them for food, or just because they've outlived their usefulness.  We lock chickens in boxes to turn them into egg-making machines.  We imprison animals in overcrowded facilities, refuse them access to grass and sunshine.  We take their babies and leave them crying with grief.  

Criticizing Islam for their slaughtering practices is the height of hypocrisy.  

12 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Of course, it would be, Islam can do no wrong, and anything they do is just AOK - right, I got it. 

Or, alternately, let's talk about anything any individual Muslim on earth does... and imply that they are inhuman infections.  That's kind of what this thread is, from what I can see.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Of course, it would be, Islam can do no wrong, and anything they do is just AOK - right, I got it. 

Nope.  Just pointing out the hypocrisy of you and DoP who pretend that Muslims' cruelty to animals is worse than our own cruelty to animals.   

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Nope.  Just pointing out the hypocrisy of you and DoP who pretend that Muslims' cruelty to animals is worse than our own cruelty to animals.   

I and others haven't pretended about anything, I and am sure others don't condone any cruelty to any  animals, cruelty which doesn't mean we should condone religios cruelty, but u are free to believe it does and live with it

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

A guy I work with does a nice yoga session, then provides us a nice rice meal afterwards.  

My neighbour sometimes does the weeds in the lane behind our houses.  Of course, he's not a Muslim, but what difference does that make?

Edited by bcsapper
Men never don't do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they ignore religious conviction - Not Blaise Pascal

1 hour ago, scribblet said:

I and others haven't pretended about anything, I and am sure others don't condone any cruelty to any  animals, cruelty which doesn't mean we should condone religios cruelty, but u are free to believe it does and live with it

The point, which I am sure you are merely pretending not to get, is that you and DoP decided to use 'cruelty to animals' to even further demonize Muslims and Islam, even though we - as non-Muslims - are equally as cruel.   Maybe more so, if one considers raising livestock inhumanely before electrocuting them to unconsciousness prior to cutting their throats to bleed them out vs. raising them outside in natural conditions before cutting their throats and allowing them to bleed out.

Not to mention, Jews follow the same process as Muslims for kosher meat - that is, cutting their throats so they bleed out.  Why are you not all over Jews for their animal cruelty?   Oh, hypocrisy:  If Muslims do it, it is more proof of their religious-barbarity.  If non-Muslims do it, it's unremarkable.

Just now, dialamah said:

Your deliberate obtuseness is getting pretty old.  

It's a way of making a point.  Nobody cares about good things.  I don't care if one billion Muslims are out there washing the feet of lepers.  It doesn't take away from the evil the rest do.

It's not obtuseness.

11 minutes ago, dialamah said:

The point, which I am sure you are merely pretending not to get, is that you and DoP decided to use 'cruelty to animals' to even further demonize Muslims and Islam, even though we - as non-Muslims - are equally as cruel.   Maybe more so, if one considers raising livestock inhumanely before electrocuting them to unconsciousness prior to cutting their throats to bleed them out vs. raising them outside in natural conditions before cutting their throats and allowing them to bleed out.

Not to mention, Jews follow the same process as Muslims for kosher meat - that is, cutting their throats so they bleed out.  Why are you not all over Jews for their animal cruelty?   Oh, hypocrisy:  If Muslims do it, it is more proof of their religious-barbarity.  If non-Muslims do it, it's unremarkable.

It's probably because it's a thread about Islam.  There wouldn't be much point in talking on here about bullfighting, fox hunting, whaling, factory farming, or any of the other barbaric ways humans treat animals, unless it is just as a way to excuse theirs.  They're all barbaric.  There is something particularly maddening about inflicting suffering to please a supernatural being though. 

But that said, doing it for the fun of it is just as bad.

Edited by bcsapper

Just now, bcsapper said:

It's not obtuseness.

Ya it is.   You continue to refuse to see how *this* thread is all about demonizing Muslims.  Instead, you continue to pretend DoP, Goddess, Argus, scribblet etc., think their slurs only apply to "those who deserve it".  They think "Muslims" are cruel, barbaric, killers - with maybe a few nice ones scattered about so then they can say "Oh, we don't mean all of them", but as far as they are concerned the 'nice ones' are as rare as hen's teeth and probably just waiting their chance to beat up a woman or kill a non-believer.

Just now, dialamah said:

Ya it is.   You continue to refuse to see how *this* thread is all about demonizing Muslims.  Instead, you continue to pretend DoP, Goddess, Argus, scribblet etc., think their slurs only apply to "those who deserve it".  They think "Muslims" are cruel, barbaric, killers - with maybe a few nice ones scattered about so then they can say "Oh, we don't mean all of them", but as far as they are concerned the 'nice ones' are as rare as hen's teeth and probably just waiting their chance to beat up a woman or kill a non-believer.

No it's not.  My original statement on that remains true.

As for the rest of your post,  I mentioned a billion.  It's a guess, but it's not a few.  Your problem is one of self imposed blinders, in place because you can see the problem, but don't want to acknowledge it.  Islam is worse than other religions.  For oppression, brutality, bigotry and intolerance, it's just the worst there is.  That's not to say others aren't bad, but when entire countries are run on a superstition, with some of the most restrictive laws on the planet, it's okay to say so.  It's not okay to deny it.  That would be obtuse.

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

So f*cking simpleminded.

So much is.  Especially trying to pretend something is not the way it is, because one just doesn't want it to be so.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/quebec-education-minister-says-malala-can-teach-here-if-she-removes-headscarf?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1562423214

Hey look here !  The Quebec Minister of secular correctness has indicated Malala may teach in Quebec IF she takes off her headscarf.

Good to know that if you don't like freedom you now have a choice between living under the Taliban or the new Bizarro Taliban.  

9 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

https://montrealgazette.com/news/quebec-education-minister-says-malala-can-teach-here-if-she-removes-headscarf?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1562423214

Hey look here !  The Quebec Minister of secular correctness has indicated Malala may teach in Quebec IF she takes off her headscarf.

Good to know that if you don't like freedom you now have a choice between living under the Taliban or the new Bizarro Taliban.  

Right.  Very much against people telling other people what they can and can't do.  Quebec has always been bad though.  I remember language troubles in the past.

Edited by bcsapper

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

If you want to start a thread 'this week in Judaism'  go ahead, or 'this week in Christianity' and I will try to contribute accordingly, but in case you hadn't notice, this particular thread is about Islam.  

If Islam and it's horrendous beliefs/practices and major issues it is causing in Europe that brings this (thread) about, and maybe a fear that if not unchecked we will have similar problems.  Too many people bury their heads in the sand or are just too naive to believe that there is nothing to be afraid of from mass Muslim migration.   I wouldn't look good in a Burkha