This week in Islam

kimmy

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

To Dia, who believes white people are evil and Muslims innocent victims at all times

Even as I clearly condemn bad behavior and criminal actions by Muslims.  You are such a liar.  :)

Let me point out that you are the one who is saying non-Muslims bad behavior and criminal actions aren't that serious because it's "mostly just" graffiti and racism.  Not only a liar, but a hypocrite as well.

5 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Pffffffffft.  The fack outta here - to say these were white people pretending to be Muslims attacking this girl......WTF.  Give your head a shake.

How do I know the color of the skin of *someone*? I didn't say anyone pretented to be a Muslim, though that may happen. I was expressing doubt about facts listed by someone known to be an unreliable narrator of incidents.

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

Even as I clearly condemn bad behavior and criminal actions by Muslims.  You are such a liar.  :)

Let me point out that you are the one who is saying non-Muslims bad behavior and criminal actions aren't that serious because it's "mostly just" graffiti and racism.  Not only a liar, but a hypocrite as well.

Stop misquoting me.

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

Baloney.  You make excuses for each and every one of them.  You try to divert the conversation to other religions, other groups - anything so that Muslim violence is not discussed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Yup.  The hoaxes are all just the media trying to make Muslims look bad.  You figured it out - Yay, you!

I said "prove the hoaxes outnumber the real incidents" - I did not deny there have been hoaxes.

I strongly recommend a remedial reading course for you.

3 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Yup.  The hoaxes are all just the media trying to make Muslims look bad.  You figured it out - Yay, you!

Islam and Nazism share numerous common attitudes. One is that they are the master race...so to speak.

13 minutes ago, Goddess said:

And you consistently fail to show the same level of outrage against attacks on Christians and Jews by Muslims, as you do against attacks by white supremacists and idiot hijab rippers.

Excuses abound with you for Muslim violence but if white people don't kiss Muslim ass, that's evil to you.

I don't spend 90% of my posting time demonizing non-Muslims and defending people who hate White folks.  I condemn "all" bad behavior, not just some.  Pay attention.

People like you, not you specifically, but people who demonize Muslims/immigrants is the reason Quebec has a law that oppresses religious minorities, why there has been an uptick in attacks against Muslims, Jews, Blacks and LGBTQ.  

Now watch Argus rush in to declare it's the fault of Muslims/immigrants/Backs/LGBTQ (but not Jews, strangely) for being too visible.  Certainly not the fault of White folk for being hateful or violent.

10 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Baloney.  You make excuses for each and every one of them.  You try to divert the conversation to other religions, other groups - anything so that Muslim violence is not discussed.

I thought you told us you don't blame all Muslims for the violence of some, but were a critic of Islam, the religion.  I believe you've just outed yourself as a true Muslim-hater.

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I thought you told us you don't blame all Muslims for the violence of some, but were a critic of Islam, the religion.  I believe you've just outed yourself as a true Muslim-hater.

If that's what you got out of that sentence then I strongly suggest remedial reading courses for yourself.  Possibly some anger management classes with some therapy to work on your persecution complex.

39 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Dia just likes to sling as much mud as possible, in the hopes that some of it sticks.

Here she mischaracterizes me (aka lies) while she says nothing about Argus and DoP slinging nothing but mud about Muslims.  More double-standard, more denial about the agenda here.  :)

7 minutes ago, Goddess said:

If that's what you got out of that sentence then I strongly suggest remedial reading courses for yourself. 

Hardly my misreading "Islamic violence" as "Muslim violence".  Freudian slip or what, eh?

Possibly some anger management classes

I don't feel angry, though.  I feel pretty amused by your attempts to present your views on Muslims as logical or reasonable.

some therapy to work on your persecution complex.

I am not the one pissing myself in fear about "Muslims" and how they're going to destroy Canada.

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Here she mischaracterizes me (aka lies) while she says nothing about Argus and DoP slinging nothing but mud about Muslims.  More double-standard, more denial about the agenda here.  :)

Again, remedial reading courses for you would be beneficial.  The title  of the thread is This Week in Islam.  It's to discuss the increasing problems the world is having with Islam.  If you want to discuss Christian behaviour from 500-1000 years ago, this is probably not the thread.  Denying the problems in Islam and making excuses for them all is fine if that's your stance - but if you post them here, you're going to be challenged.

Fewer and fewer people are buying into your "Islam is a religion of peace" rhetoric.  We can all see that it clearly is not a peaceful religion.  WHY it's not peaceful is what is being discussed here - is it the religion, is it the culture, is it a combination of factors?  That's what we're discussing.  You can't seem to get past "Islam is sooooo peaceful and tolerant and accomodating and loving - they love everyone - Jews, Christians, animals.  I get it - your sister is Muslim and you take it very personally when the religion and the behaviour of its adherents are discussed.  But continual denial of the VOLUME of Islamic violence is getting really old and not supported by the facts of what is happening in the world.

You still refuse to acknowledge that it's not the Muslims individually, it's the entire system they adhere to - culture and religion.  I feel the same about J-dubs - individually great people - but they support a religious system that is harmful.  Islam is the worst at this point in time.  Some of us would like to discuss why that is.  Several Muslim reformers that I've qouted here many times have said the same - there is something about the religion of Islam that attracts violence, attracts violent people.  More so than other religions at this time.  Continaully bringing up what Christians did 500-1000 years ago does not change that fact.

34 minutes ago, Goddess said:

it's the entire system they adhere to - culture and religion.

And yet when I have pointed the cultural aspects of some practices, where they originated from and that they are shared by other religious groups, including Christians, I have been accused of trying to whitewash Muslims and that, if those things happen among other groups it's relatively rare, even as I post stats demonstrating otherwise. 

And when I have opined that those practices must be addressed in those countries, and in Canada among immigrant groups from those countries, I am again attacked for whitewashing Muslims.

When I have raised the issue of radicalization of young men, Muslim or not, you have ignored me.

If you were the least concerned about cultural practices, you'd not attack me for bringing them up.  Your lack of interest in addressing issues of misogyny, radicalization and violence among any group except Muslims is what persuades me that your agenda is to demonize Muslims, whether you realize it or not.

Edited by dialamah

3 hours ago, Marocc said:

What beliefs?

Apostates must be killed. Blasphemers must be killed. Homosexuals must be killed. Adulterers must be killed. Women must obey men, and their word is worth only 1/4 that of a man. They can and should be beaten if they disobey. Islam is the House of Peace. All else is the House of War, and Islam must expand until it conquers all lands and peoples and all submit to it. There are also reams and reams of material in the Koran and Hadiths about how non-Muslims must be treated, and most of that is pretty damned harsh.

2 hours ago, dialamah said:

Funny how this abusive behavior by Muslims upsets you, but when non-Muslims in Canada abuse Muslims in person - saying hateful things, threatening them, ripping off womens' hijabs, you agree with Argus that it's not a big deal. 

Why the double standard?

I never even hinted such behaviour was acceptable. All I said was that according to the statistics it virtually never happens. Despite the way you and MH spend all your time running around shrieking and howling in horror with your arms in the air about this supposed tide of alt-right attacks on your poor Muslims, the statistics show any violence towards Muslims is extremely rare and generally very minor.

You really are an incredibly dishonest person.

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Not to belittle the girl's experience, but online abuse is rather different than in-your-face abuse and physical attacks.  You consistently fail to show the same level of outrage against attacks on Muslims as you do against attacks by Muslims.

You wildly exaggerate attacks against Muslims and utterly ignore attacks by Muslims. You always have.

• Thanks 1