This week in Islam

kimmy

There is no sect that endorses terrorism.

Well...the Boss sure did.

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "I have been sent with the shortest expressions bearing the widest meanings, and I have been made victorious with terror (cast in the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping, the keys of the treasures of the world were brought to me and put in my hand." Abu Huraira added: Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) has left the world and now you, people, are bringing out those treasures (i.e. the Prophet did not benefit by them).

https://quranx.com/Hadith/Bukhari/USC-MSA/Volume-4/Book-52/Hadith-220/

Edited by DogOnPorch

6 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Well...the Boss sure did.

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "I have been sent with the shortest expressions bearing the widest meanings, and I have been made victorious with terror (cast in the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping, the keys of the treasures of the world were brought to me and put in my hand." Abu Huraira added: Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) has left the world and now you, people, are bringing out those treasures (i.e. the Prophet did not benefit by them).

https://quranx.com/Hadith/Bukhari/USC-MSA/Volume-4/Book-52/Hadith-220/

You know the definition of the word terror? It's not a shortened form of "terrorism".

39 minutes ago, dialamah said:

There are a million Muslims held in detention in China.  The silence from Western countries is deafening.  Perhaps the experience of Muslim countries explains why, as China threatens Islamic countries for speaking out.

It seems to be a volatile area for quite a while now:

China has been accused of intensifying its crackdown on the Uighurs after street protests in the 1990s and again in the run-up to the Beijing Olympics in 2008.

But things really escalated in 2009, with large-scale ethnic rioting in the regional capital, Urumqi. Some 200 people were killed in the unrest, most of them Han Chinese, according to officials.

Security was increased and many Uighurs detained as suspects. But violence rumbled on as right groups increasingly pointed to tight control by Beijing.

In June 2012, six Uighurs reportedly tried to hijack a plane from Hotan to Urumqi before they were overpowered by passengers and crew.

There was bloodshed in April 2013 and in June that year, 27 people died in Shanshan county after police opened fire on what state media described as a mob armed with knives attacking local government buildings

Establishing facts about these incidents is difficult, because foreign journalists' access to the region is tightly controlled, but in recent months, there appears to have been a shift towards larger-scale incidents where citizens have become the target, particularly in Xinjiang.

At least 31 people were killed and more than 90 suffered injuries in May 2014 when two cars crashed through an Urumqi market and explosives were tossed into the crowd. China called it a "violent terrorist incident".

It followed a bomb and knife attack at Urumqi's south railway station in April, which killed three and injured 79 others.

In July, authorities said a knife-wielding gang attacked a police station and government offices in Yarkant, leaving 96 dead. The imam of China's largest mosque, Jume Tahir, was stabbed to death days later.

In September about 50 died in blasts in Luntai county outside police stations, a market and a shop. Details of both incidents are unclear and activists have contested some accounts of incidents in state media.

Some violence has also spilled out of Xinjiang. A March stabbing spree in Kunming in Yunnan province that killed 29 people was blamed on Xinjiang separatists, as was an October 2013 incident where a car ploughed into a crowd and burst into flames in Beijing's Tiananmen Square.

In response to the latest slew of attacks, the authorities have launched what they call a "year-long campaign against terrorism", stepping up security in Xinjiang and conducting more military drills in the region.

There have also been reports of mass sentencings and arrests of several "terror groups". Chinese state media have reported long lists of people convicted of extremist activity and in some cases, death sentences.

China has always ruled with an iron fist and cares not about human rights when shutting down insurgents.

While the situation is complex, many say that ethnic tensions caused by economic and cultural factors are the root cause of the recent violence.

Seems part of it, is the area wants to be an independent Muslim state within China.

China has often blamed ETIM - the East Turkestan Islamic Movement - or people inspired by ETIM for violent incidents both in Xinjiang and beyond the region's borders.

ETIM is said to want to establish an independent East Turkestan in China. The US State Department in 2006 said ETIM is "the most militant of the ethnic Uighur separatist groups".

The scope of ETIM's activities remains unclear with some questioning the group's capacity to organise serious acts of extremism.

ETIM has not said it was behind any of the attacks. Chinese authorities said the Turkestan Islamic Party - which it says is synonymous with ETIM - released a video backing the Kunming attack, however.

With the recent apparent escalation in Xinjiang-related violence, the question of who and what is driving it is likely to attract greater scrutiny.

Neither China, nor Muslim majority countries are reliable sources of information or honest in their international dealings and both are known for iron fist dealings with their own people, including a care-less attitude towards human rights abuses.  Should a million Muslims be spied on and harrassed in the name of a crackdown on Islamic terror?  Probably not, since China can't be trusted to abide by basic human rights But I do agree with China's stance to have stricter control over Islamic schools and mosques.

Much like the Israel-Palestine situation - neither side is completely innocent and neither side is honest, so it's hard for the rest of the world to come to one side or the other without coming to it from a point of bias.  Your bias will be towards Islam.  I think they're all idiots.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-26414014

Edited by Goddess
Forgot to include the article link. Oopsy-doodle.

1 hour ago, Marocc said:

You know the definition of the word terror? It's not a shortened form of "terrorism".

The question is: Do you?

In Islam it is virtuous to lie to the kafir to promote victory of Islam over all others in der welt.

I view Islam as little more than Nazism as a religion.

I'd post one of the many attacks Islam made on freedom and decency this week...but as I mentioned...it's pointless arguing with ideologues. You supporters like Islam just the way it is.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

The question is: Do you?

In Islam it is virtuous to lie to the kafir to promote victory of Islam over all others in der welt.

I view Islam as little more than Nazism as a religion.

I'd post one of the many attacks Islam made on freedom and decency this week...but as I mentioned...it's pointless arguing with ideologues. You supporters like Islam just the way it is.

Yes.

No, its not.

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

it's hard for the rest of the world to come to one side or the other without coming to it from a point of bias........ ........... I think they're all idiots.

You won't do it because it's hard?

If the babies born in Palestine are idiots, what does that make you?

2 minutes ago, Marocc said:

No, its not.

Yes, it is.  Islam is not just a religion - it's also a political and social system.  The 3 go together.  It seems impossible to have just the religion in a country without the political and social fabric of a country also being affected.

6 minutes ago, Marocc said:

You won't do it because it's hard?

If the babies born in Palestine are idiots, what does that make you?

I won't do it because both sides are liars.

How much political and religious influence do the Palestinian babies have?  I imagine as much influence as Israeli babies have.

Only an idiot apologist for Islam would infer that I was talking about the babies in any country.  :rolleyes:  I would tell you to smarten up but it seems your religion frowns on smartening up.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

Yes.

No, its not.

Uh...yes it is. Islam wants to rule the world...wants to eliminate freedom....wants to eradicate the Jews...three great points of commonality with the historic Nazis.

18 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I won't do it because both sides are liars.

How much political and religious influence do the Palestinian babies have?  I imagine as much influence as Israeli babies have.

Only an idiot apologist for Islam would infer that I was talking about the babies in any country.  :rolleyes:  I would tell you to smarten up but it seems your religion frowns on smartening up.

You're a liar too. How could you blame them. Besides one of them has to be lying more than the other.

Some of the Palestinian babies grow up to be terrorists. Did you know that? The people you link articled about were the babies.

1 minute ago, Marocc said:

I was referring to taqiyya.

Lying to the Unbeliever to ensure the victory of Islam over its enemies is perfectly allowable. You know that. Which is why Unbelievers can't trust a single thing you say.

2 minutes ago, Marocc said:

You're a liar too. How could you blame them. Besides one of them has to be lying more than the other.

Some of the Palestinian babies grow up to be terrorists. Did you know that? The people you link articled about were the babies.

The Arabs started the Arab-Israeli War...not the Israelis. But, those darn Israelis sure know how to stop Arab armies in their tracks and send them running for safety.

3 minutes ago, Marocc said:

Do you have anything to add to this topic?  Or are you just here to quibble about words, like the other apologists for Islam?

I'm not discussing Palestinian babies with you, or any babies really, so give it up.

35 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Lying to the Unbeliever to ensure the victory of Islam over its enemies is perfectly allowable. You know that. Which is why Unbelievers can't trust a single thing you say.

No, it's not. Learn the definition of the word before you teach it.

No, it's not. Learn the definition of the word before you teach it.

You're not her to teach. Nor am I your student. I'm well aware of your death cult of Islam and have judged it and found it wanting. It has no place in a civilized society...like mine. But since your death cult is unlikely to go crawling back to the desert where is was spawned, I suppose we're going to have to deal with Islam...one way or another. We'll see who wins. Freedom or the death cult of Islam.

44 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Do you have anything to add to this topic?  Or are you just here to quibble about words, like the other apologists for Islam?

I'm not discussing Palestinian babies with you, or any babies really, so give it up.

I didn't ask you to discuss anything with anyone. You do it out of your own free will. I only correct you out of duty.

hmm.. Deflection. Gotcha.

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

You're not her to teach. Nor am I your student. I'm well aware of your death cult of Islam and have judged it and found it wanting. It has no place in a civilized society...like mine. But since your death cult is unlikely to go crawling back to the desert where is was spawned, I suppose we're going to have to deal with Islam...one way or another. We'll see who wins. Freedom or the death cult of Islam.

Yes. That's real bravery. You tell them.

6 hours ago, Marocc said:

There is no sect that endorses terrorism.

Of course they don't, Islam is a religion of peace and mercy. Islam does not permit terrorism.   <roll eyes>

The act of jihad is, by their definition, is  an act of faith in Allah. a “personal duty”.  While most Muslims don’t represent  the radical ideology  it is not  simply a  marginal and extremist perversion of Islam but is an  increasingly mainstream interpretation, like it or not. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Of course they don't, Islam is a religion of peace and mercy. Islam does not permit terrorism.   <roll eyes>

The act of jihad is, by their definition, is  an act of faith in Allah. a “personal duty”.  While most Muslims don’t represent  the radical ideology  it is not  simply a  marginal and extremist perversion of Islam but is an  increasingly mainstream interpretation, like it or not. 

It's all right here in Sahih Bukhari...they book that Islam would prefer the Unbelievers don't notice. Gets in the way of lying...

https://www.sahih-bukhari.com/Pages/Bukhari_4_52.php

4/52 has a name...Jihad. Jihad sure isn't going to the gym according to Bukhari.

The whole collection is very revealing...

3 hours ago, scribblet said:

Can you explain to me what is the act of Jihad?

What makes you think it's an "increasingly mainstream interpretation" ?

3 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

It's all right here in Sahih Bukhari...they book that Islam would prefer the Unbelievers don't notice. Gets in the way of lying...

https://www.sahih-bukhari.com/Pages/Bukhari_4_52.php

4/52 has a name...Jihad. Jihad sure isn't going to the gym according to Bukhari.

The whole collection is very revealing...

What did it reveal to you? How long did it take you to read it all?

No, Jihad isn't going to the gym. Maybe from here it doesn't take you too many decades to learn what it is.