TRUMP’S PERFORMANCE: The Republican primaries

It’s time for a thread to document DJT’s progress to the 2024 Republican National Convention.  So far, he’s won Iowa and saw 2 “contenders” drop out.  

But now Trump has just won New Hampshire, and apparently  has a total of 31 delegates.  Time to wake up liberals, the Trump train is picking up steam!

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/politics/live-news/new-hampshire-primary-01-23-24/index.html

Trump's second primary victory: Former President Donald Trump will win New Hampshire’s GOP primary, CNN projects, defeating Nikki Haley and further cementing his hold on the Republican Party. He is the first non-incumbent GOP candidate in the modern era to win both Iowa and New Hampshire. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Which liberals on this forum thought Trump would lose?

I never stated that there were liberals here who thought Trump would lose.  There are many leftwingers who WANT Trump to lose.  Are you one of them? 

Haley drew attention to the age of both Trump and Biden tonight. Trump made some howlers in recent speeches, eg confusing Haley with Pelosi and trailing into gibberish about forts. He repeats the same line multiple times too. If anybody can tell him anything, they should advise him to cut the speeches in half at least. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sharkman said:

It’s time for a thread to document DJT’s progress to the 2024 Republican National Convention.  So far, he’s won Iowa and saw 2 “contenders” drop out.  

But now Trump has just won New Hampshire, and apparently  has a total of 31 delegates.  Time to wake up liberals, the Trump train is picking up steam!

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/politics/live-news/new-hampshire-primary-01-23-24/index.html

Trump's second primary victory: Former President Donald Trump will win New Hampshire’s GOP primary, CNN projects, defeating Nikki Haley and further cementing his hold on the Republican Party. He is the first non-incumbent GOP candidate in the modern era to win both Iowa and New Hampshire. 

Not much point in a thread specific to it. It's pretty much over

Instead, Trump will become the first Republican to sweep competitive votes in both Iowa - where he won by a record-setting margin eight days ago - and New Hampshire since 1976, when the two states cemented their status as the first nominating contests.
With 41% of the expected vote tallied, according to Edison, Trump held a comfortable 54.7% to 43.7% lead.

I mean she might do a little better at the final talley but that is a devastating loss. She is absolutely kidding herself if she thinks there's any path.  The only reason to stay in the fight for her is to build her brand and get her face out there, and that costs a lot of money. Who's going to donate if they know she's a solid loss?

1 hour ago, sharkman said:

He Lost one of those Iowa counties per the Record. Haley took it. 

52 minutes ago, sharkman said:

I never stated that there were liberals here who thought Trump would lose.  There are many leftwingers who WANT Trump to lose.  Are you one of them? 

The WH wants Trump to win and has been planning on it, cause Biden does better against Trump than Haley according to polls.

21 minutes ago, robosmith said:

The WH wants Trump to win and has been planning on it, cause Biden does better against Trump than Haley according to polls.

Trump does better than biden according to the polls, so how does that help them?

26 minutes ago, Caswell Thomas said:

He Lost one of those Iowa counties per the Record. Haley took it. 

Oh noes! He better quit i guess :) 

1 hour ago, sharkman said:

In the primaries?  No.  I’d love for him to win.  It’s the most entertaining option!  

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Not much point in a thread specific to it. It's pretty much over

Instead, Trump will become the first Republican to sweep competitive votes in both Iowa - where he won by a record-setting margin eight days ago - and New Hampshire since 1976, when the two states cemented their status as the first nominating contests.
With 41% of the expected vote tallied, according to Edison, Trump held a comfortable 54.7% to 43.7% lead.

I mean she might do a little better at the final talley but that is a devastating loss. She is absolutely kidding herself if she thinks there's any path.  The only reason to stay in the fight for her is to build her brand and get her face out there, and that costs a lot of money. Who's going to donate if they know she's a solid loss?

I was looking to post about Trump's primary win, and realized there is nothing on Trump's victories.  There are threads attacking all manner of nonsense regarding him, but not much where us Tories can post about his wins.  And he's going to do a lot of winning between now and November, so why not?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sharkman said:

I was looking to post about Trump's primary win, and realized there is nothing on Trump's victories.  There are threads attacking all manner of nonsense regarding him, but not much where us Tories can post about his wins.  And he's going to do a lot of winning between now and November, so why not?

I'm sorry bud, I realize now that my post might have sounded critical. That's my mistake, I didn't mean that you shouldn't start the thread or that the thread had no value, I meant more along the lines of it's going to be a short thread because I think the primaries are all over but the crying - with this win trump has all but clinched it. 

I can see them asking haley to keep going because this is fantastic exposure for trump.  Imagine another few rounds of headlines like 'trump wins again!" and "There's no stopping the trump train" and the like, but basically haley's got pretty much nowhere to go with this loss tonight.

• Like 1

Trumps campaign tweeted then after ridicule deleted this obviously fake image of Trump supposedly praying in a church  

Do even his gullible and unquestioning supporters honestly believe this man has ever prayed in his life? Maybe to say “please god let become dictator, don’t let me go to jail” but he’d probably never bother going into an actual church to do it. Can any of them even tell that this is a fake CGI image?

image.thumb.jpeg.d79addd110477fd79b8f694b233b4d9d.jpeg

Edited by BeaverFever

5 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Trumps campaign tweeted then after ridicule deleted this obviously fake image of Trump supposedly praying in a church  

Do even his gullible and unquestioning supporters honestly believe this man has ever prayed in his life? Maybe to say “please god let become dictator, don’t let me go to jail” but he’d probably never bother going into an actual church to do it. Can any of them even tell that this is a fake CGI image?

image.thumb.jpeg.d79addd110477fd79b8f694b233b4d9d.jpeg

Here - i hear these are your favourite,,,,, Regal_Crown_Sour_Grape_859917004331_pic_2__72290.thumb.jpg.1a5fd0c2b54ac9a733ff972922de4e36.jpg

Edited by CdnFox
  • Haha 1

It's kind of sad to see Vivek behind Trump at his rallies.

I get that he's supporting Trump, which is the right thing to do at this moment, but it's kind of like seeing Einstein standing behind Napoleon Dynamite. 

VR is intelligent and classy, Trump is like one of the guys who gets too drunk at the Cloverdale rodeo who just happens to be 1: a billionaire and 2. the only politician in the US that truly cares more about America's success than odd, random BS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Hurray! Haley won 1 County by 1 vote!

Giggle...

Pretty amazing, really. After all the media attacks, accusations, impeachments, swat teams, incendiary rhetoric, he's coming back. And not just barely, but huuuuge!!!   ;)

I think that alone shows a certain resolve and determination, where most would have gone into hiding for the rest of their lives. But not Trump. He's totally shameless. Some will be inspired by his ability not just to stay in the game, but to win again.

And now these liberals are quaking in their boots for what they've done, how much they've invested in attacking him, on a grand scale, to find out they failed in defeating him. In fact the opposite. People not only want this guy, they REALLY want him.

The world wants a change. The political class has elevated itself to the status of royal elites, out of touch with reality of common people, and most importantly, ineffective at achieving positive changes for the future. Look at the mess we're in with these liberals at the helm for too long. Even in Canada, the Liberals and NDP are quaking in their boots about Trump.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

"Biden does better against Trump than Haley according to polls" 🤔

Just because someone said that doesn't mean it's true. Clearly it is NOT true among republican voters. No question about that anymore now. The so-called swing voters, in other words people who are not partisans, will be looking at this from a platform and policy point of view. Partisans will remain deeply entrenched.

8 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

The political class has elevated itself to the status of royal elites, out of touch with reality of common people, and most importantly, ineffective at achieving positive changes for the future. 

Such positive change will be very achievable by the new populists, as long as it is defined in the realm of rhetoric, which they excel at.

In terms of, say, numbers like life expectancy, pandemic mortality or GINI Coefficient, or mean global temperature... Well... Let's just stick to rhetoric shall we?

15 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Such positive change will be very achievable by the new populists, as long as it is defined in the realm of rhetoric, which they excel at.

In terms of, say, numbers like life expectancy, pandemic mortality or GINI Coefficient, or mean global temperature... Well... Let's just stick to rhetoric shall we?

Which makes intelligent people shut off the message, disbelieve their rhetoric. For every yin, an equal and opposite yang.

Yet the partisan divide increaseth. I say it's unsustainable long term. You can't build a house on lies. Eventually the crisis of ineffective leadership will collapse upon itself, somehow.

But that too is rhetoric, if we just stop being emotional about it ourselves. In a more sane reality it's just that the political pendulum needs to swing the other way a bit, for a while.

========

That's why I say to you people, I say,

Away with these illiberal charlatans who have taken us to the brink. They need to be routed,

rrrrrouted

out of office.

Edited by OftenWrong

19 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Which makes intelligent people shut off the message, disbelieve their rhetoric. For every yin, an equal and opposite yang.

Yet the partisan divide increaseth. I say it's unsustainable long term. You can't build a house on lies. Eventually the crisis of ineffective leadership will collapse upon itself, somehow.

But that too is rhetoric, if we just stop being emotional about it ourselves. In a more sane reality it's just that the political pendulum needs to swing the other way a bit, for a while.

========

That's why I say to you people, I say,

Away with these illiberal char who have taken us to the brink. They need to be routed,

rrrrrouted

out of office.

I don't think it's time for another pendulum swing. This populism is something else. That sounds like leftism but votes hard right. I don't know who you people are that you refer to, my people are conservatives and liberals.

10 hours ago, robosmith said:

It's "does better" not "wins"

9 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I don't think it's time for another pendulum swing. This populism is something else. That sounds like leftism but votes hard right. I don't know who you people are that you refer to, my people are conservatives and liberals.

Tell us what you believe that best indicates your conservatism. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I don't think it's time for another pendulum swing. This populism is something else. That sounds like leftism but votes hard right.

2. I don't know who you people are that you refer to, my people are conservatives and liberals.

1. Doesn't matter, because it will happen as it must. That's the very foundation of political democracy, that there are two political poles and between the two must 'fight' for their voice to be heard by voters. Eventually one party exhausts its trust, having reached a point where they cannot be effective anymore, and the other gains the upper hand.

That's all I want. I am neither liberal nor conservative. Those are just labels about certain ideas, while I am a blend of complex ideas needs and wants. Sort of like pea soup.

2. 'You people' is everyone except me, in this case mainly everyone who is a partisan tard.
"Chuds", as the word you seem to enjoy, is another way to look at it.

• Like 1