The man-made climate change is a fraud.

The big climate change alarmists control the narrative on mainstream media and now on social media to a large extent.  They also are able to control what goes on search engines.  A couple years ago I could find a number of websites through search engines that exposed or rebuffed the climate change hysteria.  Now it appears they have been taken off search engines.  I don't know if there is an honest search engine out there.  They are controlled by the billionaires and politicians who often belong to the World Economic Forum (WEF) and other globalist organizations.

6 hours ago, blackbird said:

The big climate change alarmists control the narrative on mainstream media and now on social media to a large extent.  They also are able to control what goes on search engines.  A couple years ago I could find a number of websites through search engines that exposed or rebuffed the climate change hysteria.  Now it appears they have been taken off search engines.  I don't know if there is an honest search engine out there.  They are controlled by the billionaires and politicians who often belong to the World Economic Forum (WEF) and other globalist organizations.

Do you think Poilievre believes everything you just posted here? Do you think he should say he believes its real anyways so he can get elected?  What if he really does believe it, then what do you do?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Do you think Poilievre believes everything you just posted here? Do you think he should say he believes its real anyways so he can get elected?  What if he really does believe it, then what do you do?

I don't know what he believes about climate change.  Politicians are in a different atmosphere than ordinary people.

So I don't compose my comments based on what politicians say.  I think most of them have swallowed the man-made climate change myth.

Edited by blackbird

It does not matter if it is real or not...Nor does it matter what the scientist are saying, no one that matters is listening or doing anything that will make a difference any ways...Canada is by no means leading the charge here, not that would make a difference either...And convincing one side or the other on this forum is not going to make a difference...

In fact talking about it is not solving anything...my plan is to sit by the fire roasting some government supplied weed, and drink a good bottle of whiskey and watch it all burst into flames, or wake up the next morning and do it all over again...Anyone else want to come over?

Edited by Army Guy
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

It does not matter if it is real or not...Nor does it matter what the scientist are saying, no one that matters is listening or doing anything that will make a difference any ways...Canada is by no means leading the charge here, not that would make a difference either...And convincing one side or the other on this forum is not going to make a difference...

In fact talking about it is not solving anything...my plan is to sit by the fire roasting some government supplied weed, and drink a good bottle of whiskey and watch it all burst into flames, or wake up the next morning and do it all over again...Anyone else want to come over?

OMW bro. OMFW...   ;)

22 hours ago, cannuck said:

In the words of scientists without an agenda:  "We do not have a carbon release problem, we have a carbon absorption one"....or words to that effect.

The phytoplankton of both oceans and fresh water are by far the largest and fastest reacting sink of CO2.   One species alone (diatoms) are responsible for 42% of all of the oxygen on the planet being released from absorbed (and used) CO2.   Problem is: we have managed to poison the living shit out of the oceans and have reduced their ability to use CO2 ..

A lot of the anti-carbon "science" is a populist movement to demonize the oil industry and move business into other directions.   Doing this masks the real problems of ocean pollution that we barely pay lip service to.  When money flows to support this kind of thing, "scientists" (i.e. those who produce diddly shit but need funding to pay the bills - so go where and say what will get their bux) line up to cash in.

for those who give a damn:   https://goesfoundation.com/

Oceans absorb 25% of the carbon we put into the atmosphere and 90% of the excess heat generated so we indeed do have a carbon absorption problem, We are putting far more carbon into the atmosphere than our ecosystem  can deal wth.

However it is nice to see that you do believe human  activity is a driver of climate change.

14 hours ago, Army Guy said:

But what about adaptation? Have you given up on that too? All regions of this country with trees face the threat of unprecedented wildfire frequency and severity. We have to take much more serious action to fight this ever growing threat. If we don’t the Americans will step in and make us do it. 

4 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

But what about adaptation? Have you given up on that too? All regions of this country with trees face the threat of unprecedented wildfire frequency and severity. We have to take much more serious action to fight this ever growing threat. If we don’t the Americans will step in and make us do it. 

You make it sound like this is all on me....it is not, i have upgraded my home with solar, heat pump, pellet stove, additional insulation and other upgrades...so I'm good i think...the question is what is our government doing, and please don't tell me taxing me at the pump then giving me some of it back at the end of the year is working, becasue it does little or nothing...AND if it was truly a climate change problem here in Canada where is all the up roar in Canada, very little of it...i see more palestinian supporters on the streets than i have ever seen climate change protesters...

You see the government putting in billions into fire fighting equipment, i heard someone floating the idea of purchasing DND a bunch of water bombers to help out, but that was all talk . Have you hear of anything serious talk coming out of the feds...i don't 

Thats who needs to be driving this conversation, and if they aren't then who...what i get out of the whole thing is nobody cares until their home is on fire...meaning they don't care...I'm just another canadian that gave up...

I really don't think the US gives a shit what we do, unless it effects them and they have their own problems ...

On 1/19/2024 at 2:18 PM, Aristides said:

.04% sounds small but you have no idea what the significance of that is. We were well on the way to destroying the ozone layer with a tiny fraction of that amount of CFC's. 

.08% alcohol in your bloodstream means that you are legally impaired.

The number itself means nothing if you don't know what normal is.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

.08% alcohol in your bloodstream means that you are legally impaired.

The number itself means nothing if you don't know what normal is.

The 0.04% is the total amount of CO2 in the atmosphere counting all other gases.

Out of that 0.04% man contributes 3% and nature contributes 97%.

That means the CO2 man contributes is 0.0012% of all the gases in the atmosphere.

Out of that miniscule amount, how much does Canada contribute?

A miniscule amount.  Only suckers believe man is causing global warming and only suckers believe man can control the climate.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Gee, the hottest year on record and golfing in December was weeks ago.
It's been normal for days so that proves Climate Change is a lie.

I thought most people believe climate changes.

The question is not whether it changes or not.  The issue is what is causing the change.

Climate has always changed.  It changed long before the industrial age. 

But there is no proof man is the cause.   

14 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Only suckers believe man is causing global warming and only suckers believe man can control the climate.

I dunno, I kinda hope this Canadian carbon tax saves the planet.

It's nice to know that if a meteor is hurtling towards the planet, Trudeau can just slap a tax on it, call it a racist, and it will go away. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, blackbird said:

1. Out of that miniscule amount, how much does Canada contribute?A miniscule amount.

2.  Only suckers believe man is causing global warming and only suckers believe man can control the climate.

1. So?  Do you think other nations will let us out of this effort because we're small?  Do you think that opting out won't have consequences?

2. Except you didn't disprove anything.  There are essentially no climate scientists publishing alternative theories, because the opposition has gone away...

Unless it's a conspiracy....

25 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

2. Except you didn't disprove anything.

It's you climate alarmists that are putting taxes on us, putting heavy-handed regulations on industry and planning to eliminate fossil fuels.  Don't you think the onus is on those who are doing these things to the people to prove what they are doing is legitimate?  Prove man is causing climate change.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. So?  Do you think other nations will let us out of this effort because we're small? 

Yes - They don't hold themselves to account they won't hold us either.  How can a huge emitter who hasn't got their own mess under control possibly say 'but what about canada'.

Do you think that opting out won't have consequences?

Yes.  It won't have consequences.  It would be better to say we refuse to opt in until people agree to specific reductions with penalties for failure.

It's really not that complicated. we're destroying our economy for nothing, and making zero difference.

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

The question is not whether it changes or not.  The issue is what is causing the change.

I guess 8 billion humans have zero ecological effects, right? You're one of those like the lecturer in 1970 who told our class that the limitless bounty of the ocean can be harnessed to feed mankind forever

Gee! Forgot to tell the cod and the salmon about that, eh?