Does this cartoonist deserve the Order of Canada? More left wing division.

CdnFox

So  cartoonist De Adder received the Order of Canada. Here's a taste of his contribution.

So - opposing the gov't and demanding to be treated fairly is now facism.  And the liberals gave him the order of Canada for it.

Yeah - Justin and the liberals aren't divisive at ALL are they.

This is why we can't have nice things.

So standing up to authoritarianism the authoritarians now like to call "fascism". Bullsh*t politics incoming and it isn't even the bottom, by far. You were warned this would happen in a system that knows no accountability nor fair competition. Yes, it's happening.

"Because we can".

The cartoon doesn't make much sense.  Is it meant to be claiming truckers are fascists or is it meant to be claiming they are delivering fascism?   But it certainly doesn't warrant an Order of Canada medal.  The GG gives those medals out like popcorn out of a barrel of popcorn to everyone, but mostly liberals of course for being such good liberals.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

But would you cancel it for someone who's had a full career, simply because you didn't like one of the cartoons?

Calling everything one disagrees with "fascism" is not rational.  It is more divisive politics.  GG awards should not be used for political purposes.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The cartoon doesn't make much sense.  Is it meant to be claiming truckers are fascists or is it meant to be claiming they are delivering fascism?   But it certainly doesn't warrant an Order of Canada medal.  The GG gives those medals out like popcorn out of a barrel of popcorn to everyone, but mostly liberals of course for being such good liberals.

Are assuming the Order of Canada is being given for one cartoon?? If so, you have your bible up your a$$.

He is an internationally renowned cartoonist and has been for many decades. He is published in all newspapers and magazines all over the English speaking world.

Political editorial cartoonists are satirists of all things political and just because he picked on your party does not make him ineligible for Order of Canada. He bashes everyone.

image.thumb.png.d6fdaaff1f34f0f53da703b740789654.png

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Or, you could look at it as sarcasm, making fun of those who believe their daily needs are being provided by fascists. You can read into that cartoon just about anything you want depending on your own prejudices. Maybe that is what he intended.

de Adder has won numerous awards in the US as well

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Aristides said:

de Adder has won numerous awards in the US as well

Oh, but he made fun of the free speech people... Therefore he must be canceled.

However, if he were to make fun of LGBTQ or make racist statements, then we would need to protect him at all costs.

Do you understand free speech now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

But would you cancel it for someone who's had a full career, simply because you didn't like one of the cartoons?

IF the cartoon is sufficently hate filled why not?   What if it was a pro nazi cartoon?  What if it said that women should be barefoot and pregnant?

The order of canada should be reserved for people who are BEYOND the norm.  Not just for "meh good enough'.

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Are assuming the Order of Canada is being given for one cartoon?? If so, you have your bible up your a$$.

He is an internationally renowned cartoonist and has been for many decades. He is published in all newspapers and magazines all over the English speaking world.

Political editorial cartoonists are satirists of all things political and just because he picked on your party does not make him ineligible for Order of Canada. He bashes everyone.

image.thumb.png.d6fdaaff1f34f0f53da703b740789654.png

He called a group of people who protested against a gov't policy they didn't agree with 'facists' for doing so.

That's not funny or even political - that's hate speech

I know it's all the rage for liberals to be giving praise to nazis, but surely giving medals for hate speech is a little much :) 

38 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Oh, but he made fun of the free speech people... Therefore he must be canceled.

However, if he were to make fun of LGBTQ or make racist statements, then we would need to protect him at all costs.

Do you understand free speech now?

I undersand you recognize the left wing hypocrisy - they DO defend him BECAUSE he attacked people they hate.  If he'd attacked people they liked he'd be gone.

Don cherry - amazing career and very distinguished person who'd made a lot of positive impacts in his community.  Canceled for saying "you people". 

De Adder - claims that the truckers who are losing their jobs due to a gov't policy of questionable ethics and daring to speak out against it  are FACISTS!!!    Order of canada.

Do you understand hypocrisy now'?

2 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

IF the cartoon is sufficently hate filled why not?   What if it was a pro nazi cartoon?  What if it said that women should be barefoot and pregnant?

The order of canada should be reserved for people who are BEYOND the norm.  Not just for "meh good enough'.

Show me a "hate filled" cartoon that he got published... besides, what is published is the newspaper or magazine editorial staff purview.

What if, what if??  There are no "what if's, just what has been published world wide.

He is world renowned and his work is "BEYOND the norn" as all the accolades and awards he has received.

Political editorial cartoonists are satirists of all things political and just because he picked on your party does not make him ineligible for Order of Canada

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

Show me a "hate filled" cartoon that he got published...

I just did. That's what this thread is about.

It is entirely hate-filled to call protesters actual facists and lets not pretend that's not what happened.

What if, what if?? 

Sure there is.  A reasonable and intelligent person can say "what would your reaction have been if the same message had been said about another group".  If that's beyond your comprehension.....

He is world renowned and his work is "BEYOND the norn"

So was hitler but we don't give him the order of canada.  (well... the liberal speaker might i suppose),

We don't give it out for being 'renowned'.  It's supposed to be given for being an exemplary canadian.

Again - don cherry was specifically cancelled AND EXCLUDED from the order of Canada for saying "you people'.

So explain how THAT was so aggregious that he was specifically denied the order of Canada yet this guy who called protesters "facists"  is not?

21 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

It is entirely hate-filled to call protesters actual facists and lets not pretend that's not what happened.

Sure there is.  A reasonable and intelligent person can say "what would your reaction have been if the same message had been said about another group".  If that's beyond your comprehension.....

So was hitler but we don't give him the order of canada.  (well... the liberal speaker might i suppose),

We don't give it out for being 'renowned'.  It's supposed to be given for being an exemplary canadian.

Again - don cherry was specifically cancelled AND EXCLUDED from the order of Canada for saying "you people'.

So explain how THAT was so aggregious that he was specifically denied the order of Canada yet this guy who called protesters "facists"  is not?

Yup, you are what you are.... whacked LOL

Don Cherry was an all around a$$, that is why he was excluded and will never be included.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Did he, or was he taking a shot at those who call them fascists? You are seeing what you want to see.

• Like 1

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. When the truckers first rolled into Ottawa and the government (and a lot of the media )were trying to set the narrative about what slimeballs they were with all the nazis flags and trying to overthrow the Trudeau government.....  maybe he wasn't aware of all the facts. Like there was only 1 nazi flag with Trudeau's photo underneath it, and the goal was to remove a minority government constitutionally. I wonder if he had any regrets? But that we'll never know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Yup, you are what you are.... whacked LOL

So you coudln't come up with a logical or reasoned response, so you went with being an !diot :)  fair enough

Don Cherry was an all around a$$, that is why he was excluded and will never be included.

So is De Adder.  Ever met the guy or seen him talk? 

But both are cultural icons in the same way.

Well you prove my point nicely.  Canadian icon you like - order of canada for sure.  Icon you don't like personally - doesn't deserve it in the slightest.

Yup - no  hypocrisy at all with you liberals :) 

1 hour ago, suds said:

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. When the truckers first rolled into Ottawa and the government (and a lot of the media )were trying to set the narrative about what slimeballs they were with all the nazis flags and trying to overthrow the Trudeau government.....  maybe he wasn't aware of all the facts. Like there was only 1 nazi flag with Trudeau's photo underneath it, and the goal was to remove a minority government constitutionally. I wonder if he had any regrets? But that we'll never know.

I think you're being far too kind.  If you don't know all the facts, maybe don't call people facists.  Maybe hate filled  commentary is best reserved till after you know.

30 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I think you're being far too kind.  If you don't know all the facts, maybe don't call people facists.  Maybe hate filled  commentary is best reserved till after you know.

Can't argue with you really. Or maybe restrict their commentary to those whose chosen professions place them squarely in the public eye, and not the average hard working stiffs who we all depend on or our economy comes to a stop. It was a time I lost all faith in our media, something I didn't believe could happen here.

Oh I wouldn't take the Victoria Cross from a flop-eared ninny like Charles....[/s]

Here's one cartoon from a life time career I know the reactionaries in the forum will take offence to, after all those with fascist beliefs don't like exposure.

That's why ploughboys don't get to choose who get awards.

Edited by herbie
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, herbie said:

Oh I wouldn't take the Victoria Cross from a flop-eared ninny like Charles....[/s]

Here's one cartoon from a life time career I know the reactionaries in the forum will take offence to, after all those with fascist beliefs don't like exposure.

That's why ploughboys don't get to choose who get awards.

It's not really fair is it? But isn't it exactly the way 'cancel culture' works? One little slip and you're thrown in the dustbin of humanity. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Cancel culture is not that kind or forgiving.

8 hours ago, blackbird said:

The cartoon doesn't make much sense.  Is it meant to be claiming truckers are fascists or is it meant to be claiming they are delivering fascism? 

It seems pretty devoid of context alright. Maybe there a story or op-ed piece associated with the cartoon that might make it's point a little clearer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aristides said:

Did he, or was he taking a shot at those who call them fascists? You are seeing what you want to see.

No, he did.  And that was a pretty pathetic attempt to try to weasel around it.

Tell you what - lets say he did for the sake of argument.'  In a world were Don Cherry was disqalified for saying 'those people' should we be giving the order of canada to someone who is spreading hatred about a group who was exercising their lawful right to protest?

14 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Are we suggesting that drawing cartoons of anything is worthy of one of the highest awards for a civilian, now i'm just reaching here but nobody in a scientific field that has made a significant contribution,  or how about a police officer, fire fighter, for saving lives...Nope it was decided a cartoonist has contributed to the level deserving of this reward....

Kind of reminds me when Justin Bieber was awarded the Queens jubilee medal just for being Canadian, me along with thousands of service members were awarded theirs for being outstanding soldiers...i never did mount it or wear it on my uniform, they had taken the meaning or prestige  away from the medal, and reduced it to a trinket that was given to anyone, for nothing...

Edited by Army Guy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, blackbird said:

Kind of like Oprah, you get a new car, and you, and you and you and you...everyone gets a new car....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1