It could be a ‘bloodbath for the Liberals’ if polls hold up until next election, say political strategists and insiders

CdnFox

2 hours ago, Gaétan said:

And the people noticed they shouldn't vote for them and they elected the liberals again,

LOL - what they 'noticed' 10 years later? ROFLMAO - sure kid :)

I suppose that means the other times the people noticed they shouldn't vote liberal again and didn't :)  and this time it looks like they're REAAAAAAALY noticing :)

Yeash - tell us you don't know anything about politics without telling us.

As to the ndp, they're just lapdogs for the libs. Might as well vote for the libs, jagmeet does what he's told.

And the greens are a hot mess.  Izzy was 30 seconds away from that party and it literally fell apart.  The PPC would be a better choice at this point, that's how bad the greens are.

Harper was fantastic and i'm sure PP will do well also.  Justin was the worst prime minister we've ever had.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

The problem with that is your Assuming PP rule is going to be shitty...however the Liberal /NDP rule is already written in history no assuming anything it is all shitty...

Canada can not afford another NDP liberal coalition....it's not going to happen, once justin is gone Liberals will not want to have anything to do with the NDP...besides the way the polls are going NDP will be stronger than the liberals to start with...

True - there's a chance the libs will come in 4th - with the bloc being official oppositon for the second time in history followed by the dippers and the libs in fourth place. That would actually be interesting to see.

Like i said earlier - the kids are the ones leaving the libs and dips and as they age they are likely to be MORE conservative and more afraid of left wing policy.

I would imagine the libs will go through the usual debate of "should we move the party to the right". If anything as noted they'll want to distance themselves from the NDP

9 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Harper was fantastic and i'm sure PP will do well also.  Justin was the worst prime minister we've ever had.

If Poilievre is elected Harper will be paid one million to vote for wars at the UN with a credit card paid with public fund. It could be a ‘bloodbath

Edited by Gaétan

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Canada can not afford another NDP liberal coalition....it's not going to happen, once justin is gone Liberals will not want to have anything to do with the NDP...besides the way the polls are going NDP will be stronger than the liberals to start with...

The annihilation of the Liberal Party is probably to much to hope for but I do think it would be an improvement if the line between left-wing progressivism and right-wing conservatism was more obvious and clear to more people. A muddled middle is no use to anyone.

23 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

If Poilievre is elected Harper will be paid one million to vote for wars at the UN with a credit card paid with public fund. It could be a ‘bloodbath

ummmmmmm......  sure..  sure kid.....  I'm sure that's the deal...... 

You know - that cough syrup says one TEASPOON a day and that's it, right?

8 hours ago, CdnFox said:

The problem isn't even corruption - you can deal with that effectively enough in short order if you want to and we've seen that before.

Sure, all you need is new legislation, and a ton of new oversight, and being willing to fine or throw politicians in jail if they're caught.  Oh, and politicians who are willing to do this, which is basically nobody.  A fine, fine system we have.

It probably won't get better until we hit rock bottom.  We can thank the self-serving non-patriot pieces of crap in Ottawa.  Oh oops, "patriotism" is a dirty word.  Doing what's in the best interests of your country over your own self-interests...what a silly and offensive idea.   Cancel me now please.

13 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Sure, all you need is new legislation, and a ton of new oversight, and being willing to fine or throw politicians in jail if they're caught.  Oh, and politicians who are willing to do this, which is basically nobody.  A fine, fine system we have.

Hogwash.  You can deal with it tomorrow just by having an electorate that is willing to punish the hell out of parties who behave corruptly.

When the Federal PC party went too far with corruption they got wiped out by the conservative voters. Reduced to like 2 seats.  in bc when the provincial liberals got out of control they got slaughtered by the electorate.  And when the bc ndp got even a little bit corrupt their party was reduced to nothng.

And in each case - what replaced them (if they ever recovered) was extremely careful to be NOT corrupt. Say what you like about harper, but from a CORRUPTION point of view that was just about the cleanest gov't we've ever had.  Someone got fired buying expensive orange juice.  THe first hint of corruption and people were gone.

The problem is that liberal voters WILL NOT punish corruption, so it remains. Hell for liberal voters its' practically a prerequisite.

THat's all it would take - if liberal voters punished the liberal party the way the Conservative and ndp voters do it would end 90 percent of our problems.

Oh oops, "patriotism" is a dirty word.

And that's a problem.  Liberal voters do not care about the country as much as they care about their party.  And the shipwreck we're living in now is the result.

20 hours ago, Army Guy said:

The problem with that is your Assuming PP rule is going to be shitty...however the Liberal /NDP rule is already written in history no assuming anything it is all shitty...

i seen enough of the little chihuahua attack lap dog since 2006 to know he will make a terrible pm he is an attacker  not a fixer lol.

46 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

i seen enough of the little chihuahua attack lap dog since 2006 to know he will make a terrible pm he is an attacker  not a fixer lol.

Dude, your political accumen displayed so far is proof enough that you're not qualified to make that statement in the slighest, and your support of trudeau hammers that home rather graphically :)

But just for fun, not that i think you've actually put thought into it - take a moment now and tell us in specific terms what you feel he will do that will be bad, or where he'll fail badly specifically and why? Just the worst ones, you don't have to write a novel.

If it's just "blue man bad" then don't bother

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Dude, your political accumen displayed so far is proof enough that you're not qualified to make that statement in the slighest, and your support of trudeau hammers that home rather graphically :)

But just for fun, not that i think you've actually put thought into it - take a moment now and tell us in specific terms what you feel he will do that will be bad, or where he'll fail badly specifically and why? Just the worst ones, you don't have to write a novel.

If it's just "blue man bad" then don't bother

it is  a free country I am allowed to have my own opinion of him lol just cause I don't like the same politican as you do doesn't mean i ain't qualified to speak   2nd of all I don't support trudeau I voted ndp in 2021 and plan to again.   As for what PP will do wrong he will  increase oil and gas subs for his rich oil company friends he will cut programs for the poorer families go after the child benefit I am sure since trudeau increased it so much. He will claiming it's to balance the budget but will also be giving his rich donation people everything they asked for . he also has 0 interest in the environment at all so that's not good.

Edited by Jack9000

3 hours ago, Jack9000 said:

it is  a free country I am allowed to have my own opinion of him lol

Sure. Theres' no law requiring you to be right or reasonable in the slightest ;)

But - normally a thinking person making the statement you made would be able to articulate the concerns that lead them to that conclusion. I could spell out in detail what i was afraid justin would do before he got elected and i can do so now with regards to if he gets elected again for example.

just cause I don't like the same politican as you do doesn't mean i ain't qualified to speak 

Literally nobody said that :)  I noted your previous comments do. :) 

2nd of all I don't support trudeau I voted ndp in 2021 and plan to again.

That is literally supporting trudeau these days.

As for what PP will do wrong he will  increase oil and gas subs for his rich oil company friends he will cut programs for the poorer families go after the child benefit I am sure since trudeau increased it so much. He will claiming it's to balance the budget but will also be giving his rich donation people everything they asked for . he also has 0 interest in the environment at all so that's not good.

well at least it was an answer, so fair enough.

Now - having said that,  you say you're not voting for trudeau, but rather the ndp.  Lets assume for the moment it'll be a cpc majority and the ndp won't be in a position to prop up the liberals or hold any power.     So - what do you think the ndp will be able to achieve that makes it worth voting for them?

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

In spite of the CPC's sudden drop in the polls, a Poilievre majority is still a certainty. Just another 18 months and PP will be in power. Be patient.

Poilievre supports the injustices committed by Israel and an unjust person cannot be considered Prime Minister of Canada. Can we allow this individual when we are not far from a war against Russia which is right to protect its citizens in Ukraine and NATO member Latvia. On October 7 Israel got what it deserved, their soldiers and settlers kill Palestinians and steal their land every day, they have persecuted Palestinians since their state existed, they have violated all UN resolutions with the support of the Americans

Edited by Gaétan
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I haven't been back to Derzhinski Square for many years. Tell, me, Gaetan, is Fat Ivan still on the reception desk at Lubyanka?

I notice that all the compete nutters here, like Jack and Gaetan, support the NDP and the Greens. It's actually a lower crowd than the liberal supporters TBH.

I never thought I'd see the day when I was praising the Libs or their voters. 

On 12/13/2023 at 7:25 PM, Gaétan said:

Time to get out of the jew hating UN. Look at the events in the world over the yrs,the UN just made matters worse. UN money is what built schools to teach the young to hate jews in Gaza.

Edited by PIK

6 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

In spite of the CPC's sudden drop in the polls, a Poilievre majority is still a certainty. Just another 18 months and PP will be in power. Be patient.

The cpc didn't just drop in the polls:

https://338canada.com/

They're still at 40 percent, which is pretty much where they've been for a couple of months now. They're still at a high point.

On 12/13/2023 at 1:48 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

The Titanic is sinking and every Liberal MP is wrapping their arms and legs around the railing to hold on as long as they can before they hit the water.

Unfortunately I'm not too confident in the CPC even if they're an improvement.  I think Canada is in trouble regardless of party, due to corruption.  The country was sold down the river a long time ago.

Trust me - Canada is not in trouble. We Canadians get along.

I remember - Trudeau Snr with his beard at Mirabel.

I remember Dec 1979 - Clark, Rae.

And then Feb 1980.

The referendum in May 1980.

1 hour ago, August1991 said:

Trust me - Canada is not in trouble. We Canadians get along.

I remember - Trudeau Snr with his beard at Mirabel.

I remember Dec 1979 - Clark, Rae.

And then Feb 1980.

The referendum in May 1980.

You are a very dishonest person and not deserving of any trust. As we have seen.

On 12/15/2023 at 8:22 PM, August1991 said:

True, it looks very bad for the federal Liberals.

But we Canadians get along.

Does it matter if everyone gets along if we sell our democracy to the Chinese, Indian, and Russian governments?

Don't underestimate what politicians will do to stay in power.  If the choice is the best interests of their country or their jobs most will choose their jobs.  The rest will be dumped on the curb like JWR.