Israeli ministry 'concept paper' proposes transferring Gaza civilians to Egypt's Sinai, with Canada as a possible final destination

CdnFox

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/israeli-ministry-concept-paper-proposes-transferring-gaza-civilians-to-egypt-s-sinai-with-canada-as-a-possible-final-destination-1.6623901?cid=sm%3Atrueanthem%3A{{campaignname}}%3Atwitterpost&taid=654045e558ec2f0001896eee

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office played down the report compiled by the Intelligence Ministry as a hypothetical exercise -- a "concept paper." But its conclusions deepened long-standing Egyptian fears that Israel wants to make Gaza into Egypt's problem

In its report, the Intelligence Ministry -- a junior ministry that conducts research but does not set policy -- offered three alternatives "to effect a significant change in the civilian reality in the Gaza Strip in light of the Hamas crimes that led to the Sword of Iron war."

The document's authors deem this alternative to be the most desirable for Israel's security.

The document proposes moving Gaza's civilian population to tent cities in northern Sinai, then building permanent cities and an undefined humanitarian corridor. A security zone would be established inside Israel to block the displaced Palestinians from entering. The report did not say what would become of Gaza once its population is cleared out.

Egypt would not necessarily be the Palestinian refugees' last stop. The document speaks about Egypt, Turkey, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates supporting the plan either financially, or by taking in uprooted residents of Gaza as refugees and in the long term as citizens. Canada's "lenient" immigration practices also make it a potential resettlement target, the document adds.

maybe we could convince the americans that the palastinians are a 'huddled mass, yearning to be free"?  

I love that one of the reasons egypt won't take them is they'll probably still set up rockets to fire at isreal and then Egypt will get bombed :P   Nice to see they're slightly smarter than the palestians.

I suspect that they'll move them into a tent city on isreali land somewhere and then ask countries to take as many as possible as refugees and try to depopulate gaza, probably keeping large amounts of it

• Like 1

All things considered i doubt they'll be allowed.  Small numbers maybe - but after watching the violence against canadian jews and the demonstrations i think it's safe to say they won't be welcome generally.

They'll be scattered to the winds, lots of countries taking a few - and then they'll be no more as a nation and gaza can be turned into a park or something, and these conflicts can finally end.

This has already been tried to get Muslim countries to accept Palestinians nobody wants them...

Europe has already tried the come one, come all, and is having second thoughts...Palestinian are not going to be a good fit for our culture...Our country has had huge problems dealing with our soldiers with PTSD, can you imigine a whole culture with severe PTSD...not to mention the other culture differences, think they are going to except LGBTQ communities, or how liberal our education systems are. We have already seen that the Muslim culture does not mix well with western ones.... Why is it we as a nation always have to learn things the hard way.... 

• Like 1

Canada has been accepting people who don’t like the Western way of life or culture.  It means that now we have a government, publicly funded broadcaster, and universities that are heavily influenced by anti-Canadian elements that refuse to call out terrorism.  The result will be that Canada is no longer a trusted partner and poses a security threat to the US.  Trump understood this and took a lot of flack for his attempted Muslim ban, but he was essentially trying to stave off cultural genocide of Christian America.  Of course America’s constitution prevents religious discrimination.  The irony is that the woke revolution is destroying traditional values and undermining families, and many Muslims oppose woke attitudes.  Maybe the Muslims are the ones who will save Jude’s-Christian values here, because they won’t let their own traditional values be compromised generally.  The problem is that we really don’t know who we’re letting in. We seem intent on undermining ourselves one way or another. Canada goes further than the US in shooting itself in the foot.   

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canada has been accepting people who don’t like the Western way of life or culture.  It means that now we have a government, publicly funded broadcaster, and universities that are heavily influenced by anti-Canadian elements that refuse to call out terrorism.  The result will be that Canada is no longer a trusted partner and poses a security threat to the US.  Trump understood this and took a lot of flack for his attempted Muslim ban, but he was essentially trying to stave off cultural genocide of Christian America.  Of course America’s constitution prevents religious discrimination.  The irony is that the woke revolution is destroying traditional values and undermining families, and many Muslims oppose woke attitudes.  Maybe the Muslims are the ones who will save Jude’s-Christian values here, because they won’t let their own traditional values be compromised generally.  The problem is that we really don’t know who we’re letting in. We seem intent on undermining ourselves one way or another. Canada goes further than the US in shooting itself in the foot.   

A lot of Canadians are big wet losers who don't have the stones to defend themselves, their country, their communities, or their culture.  They roll over and take it while letting people convince them how evil they are.  These are just narratives we tell ourselves.  When toxic narratives reach mass appeal humans become weak and self-destructive.

It's racist to say "all people from X race shouldn't be allowed to migrate to Canada".  It's not racist to say "if you're poor, uneducated/unskilled, and can't speak an official language you're statistically much more likely to make this country worse off rather than better off and contributing to rising crime, poverty etc, regardless of your race or country of origin".

The far-right are not a good solution for society, but neither are leftists, who belong to a suicidal death cult and are intent on destroying western civilization whether they realize it or not.  Darwinism will render leftist societies to the dustbin of history.  Given the hard right's take on climate change you can argue that they also belong to a suicidal death cult.

So really, what i'm saying is that most of you are bunch of moronic fools intent on destroying yourselves via your own stupidity.

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

This has already been tried to get Muslim countries to accept Palestinians nobody wants them...

Europe has already tried the come one, come all, and is having second thoughts...Palestinian are not going to be a good fit for our culture...Our country has had huge problems dealing with our soldiers with PTSD, can you imigine a whole culture with severe PTSD...not to mention the other culture differences, think they are going to except LGBTQ communities, or how liberal our education systems are. We have already seen that the Muslim culture does not mix well with western ones.... Why is it we as a nation always have to learn things the hard way.... 

Disagree.

1. Europe? We Americans get along.

2. America is a large continent. And we get along.

=====

If the cost of world peace is a few million more people in America, i have no objection.

7 hours ago, blackbird said:

Just curious what grade are you in?   You seem very young to be on a political forum like this.

I am 66 years old. We have to show solidarity with people in poverty like refugees, they are not dishonest people, they want to live in peace, have a job, raise their children. If you don't do justice, you're going to end up in hell after your life and it won't be fun for you. Luke 16, you must love your neighbor as yourself, if you were a refugee you would like to be welcomed by a country that gives you the opportunity to live in peace, raise your children, you must act the same way with others.

10 hours ago, Gaétan said:

It doesn't bother me that the palestinians come in Canada and also the whole refugees in the world.

This wouldn't be fiscally responsible, albeit very nice of Canada to do.

Immigration is about what you can do for a country.

Its in the best interest of the immigrant and of the host country.

Main reason why they check everything from your background, your English level and references to name a few when you're coming in legally.

As long as the screening is thorough, and the amount being brought in don't hurt our capacity to do so, I also see no issue.

Doing do for woke points, at the expense of the unintended consequences, results in seeing immigrants come from strife to land in Canada homeless.

8 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

A lot of Canadians are big wet losers who don't have the stones to defend themselves, their country, their communities, or their culture.  They roll over and take it while letting people convince them how evil they are.  These are just narratives we tell ourselves.  When toxic narratives reach mass appeal humans become weak and self-destructive.

It's racist to say "all people from X race shouldn't be allowed to migrate to Canada".  It's not racist to say "if you're poor, uneducated/unskilled, and can't speak an official language you're statistically much more likely to make this country worse off rather than better off and contributing to rising crime, poverty etc, regardless of your race or country of origin".

The far-right are not a good solution for society, but neither are leftists, who belong to a suicidal death cult and are intent on destroying western civilization whether they realize it or not.  Darwinism will render leftist societies to the dustbin of history.  Given the hard right's take on climate change you can argue that they also belong to a suicidal death cult.

So really, what i'm saying is that most of you are bunch of moronic fools intent on destroying yourselves via your own stupidity.

I agree with most of what you said except the climate change nonsense.  Canada can’t do anything to reverse climate change, because doing anything that would make a quantifiable difference would simply run our economy into the ground and impoverish the population while shifting the emissions, jobs, and prosperity to China and other countries that either get a free pass or don’t care. That’s the “inconvenient truth”.  

Canada has to accept reality and stop pretending that we can have high immigration, economic growth, and a modicum of affordability while also reversing climate change, which we don’t even fully understand.  I say all this as a recovering environmentalist who drank the climate Kool Aid.  It’s good to do smart affordable things to improve the environment.  Anything more is stupid.

Edited by Zeitgeist

12 hours ago, CdnFox said:

The report did not say what would become of Gaza once its population is cleared out.

Gee, 2 guesses. Current and future citizens of Israel, act now and buy your future luxury home pre-construction for big savings!  Expedited Israeli immigration and citizenship for eligible confirmed foreign purchasers* available!

Forced deportation or relocation of civilian population is already recognized as crime against humanity. The Armenian genocide for example was largely the result of mass deaths resulting from mass forced

10 hours ago, Army Guy said:

..not to mention the other culture differences, think they are going to except LGBTQ communities, or how liberal our education systems are. We have already seen that the Muslim culture does not mix well with western ones.... Why is it we as a nation always have to learn things the hard way.... 

i think you misrepresent Palestinians and Muslims here. First of all Palestinians are some of the most secular people in the Arab world and secondly many Palestinians including prominent ones are Christians. 

Furthermore I think you unfairly criticize “muslim culture” as if it’s one thing as if they’re all conservative. In Canada the anti-muslim terrorist attacks carried have killed far more Muslims than any Muslim terrorist attacks. I’ll agree that religious conservatives of any type are incompatible with modern western society but if we tolerate Christian and Jewish ones however distasteful their beliefs are theres mo reason not to tolerate Muslims. Once again the fact being that Muslim terrorism is virtually non-existent despite constant failed conservative predictions to the contrary.

And now that many conservatives are starting to embrace Muslims as a useful ally in the latest culture war against the great tranny menace I think you’ll see less opposition from the right. 

3 hours ago, Gaétan said:

I am 66 years old. We have to show solidarity with people in poverty like refugees, they are not dishonest people, they want to live in peace, have a job, raise their children. If you don't do justice, you're going to end up in hell after your life and it won't be fun for you. Luke 16, you must love your neighbor as yourself, if you were a refugee you would like to be welcomed by a country that gives you the opportunity to live in peace, raise your children, you must act the same way with others.

There have been quite a lot of rather nasty pro-Palestinian/Hamas protests across the Western world. They are a mix of people that have brought their hatred of Israel with them and citizens that have been indoctrinated to also hate Israel and its occupants.

How does this benefit any country to take in people that despise Western culture and values? 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, August1991 said:

Disagree.

1. Europe? We Americans get along.

2. America is a large continent. And we get along.

=====

If the cost of world peace is a few million more people in America, i have no objection.

But we don't get along.

that's a lie you keep repeating despite the mountains of evidence to the contrary.  Canadians don't get along, we're in constant regional conflict, class conflict, language conflict, and now gender conflict, and we fight with the US all the time. And in the US the divisions are very frequently violent.

The only reason there isn't MORE wars than the ones we have is there is one big massive powerhouse nation controlling two smaller (population) weaker nations and it sits in between them.  If it weren't for that guarantee there'd be more conflcits, there were plenty in the old days before the divide became so great.

You keep repeating the lie as if it gives you some species of comfort.  We do NOT get along. Most of the people i know hate quebec and would be happy to see you leave the country so we can stop feeding you money. Most quebecers i know have very little love for the english or anyone else.

We DO NOT GET ALONG. The best you can say is that we keep the violence to a minimum

4 hours ago, Gaétan said:

Thanks for clarifying your age group.  I don't really understand your thinking about showing solidarity with a people who reject Israel's right to exist and support terrorism.  That is contrary to the Bible which says love thy neightour and thou shalt not kill.  How do you reconcile yours claims with the Bible?

Many Palestinians are not peaceful refugees as you call them.  There may be some, but they cannot stop the terrorists.   Many are supporters of terrorist organizations like Hamas.  Hamas attacked Israel when there was no war and in effect committed a grave act of war against innocent civilians and killed around 1,500 civilians and took around 250 hostages.  This is not living in peace.  This caused an all-out war.  Israel has a right to defend itself. Israel is not going to just sit back and let its people be brutally attacked and murdered.

You seem to be ignoring reality.  I agree with love your neighbour and justice, but justice and love of neighbour does not mean you allow terrorists to attack and kill you and your people.  A nation has a right to respond to defend itself and eliminate the threat.

Edited by blackbird

4 hours ago, Gaétan said:

I am 66 years old. We have to show solidarity with people in poverty like refugees, they are not dishonest people, they want to live in peace, have a job, raise their children. 

Someone who is 66 probably uses a lot of healthcare. Are you prepared to do without it? Are you prepared to sacrifice your pension? Because you can't have them if we import millions of impoverished, largely unemployable people.

By the way, do you have any daughters or granddaughters? The people you want to import come from a religious/cultural background which says western women and girls are basically whores and should be punished. Have a look at what happened to the rape rate in Sweden when they invited in a bunch of refugees from the middle east and north Africa.

You might also examine the Most Wanted list put out by that multicultural wonderland called Toronto.

1 hour ago, Gaétan said:

This is the propaganda of racists, there is a problem of your values.

Consider that the real problem is your apparently enormous ignorance.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

i think you misrepresent Palestinians and Muslims here. First of all Palestinians are some of the most secular people in the Arab world and secondly many Palestinians including prominent ones are Christians. 

And Gaza voted in a terrorist group committed to the establishment of an Islamic state throughout the region.

2 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Furthermore I think you unfairly criticize “muslim culture” as if it’s one thing as if they’re all conservative.

Even the moderate Muslims would qualify as far right in Canada in terms of their social views and views about women and sexual minorities.

8 minutes ago, blackbird said:

This caused an all-out war.  Israel has a right to defend itself. Israel is not going to just sit back and let its people be brutally attacked and murdered.

The cause of the attack of Hamas is the unjustice toward the palestinians, if Israel wants peace and security they have to stop the unjustice first. What they do now won't bring peace and security to Israelians but only works in the opposite way.

2 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

The cause of the attack of Hamas is the unjustice toward the palestinians, if Israel wants peace and security they have to stop the unjustice first. What they do now won't bring peace and security to Israelians but only works in the opposite way.

What would you have them do? Just sit back and wait for the next attack?

1 minute ago, Gaétan said:

The cause of the attack of Hamas is the unjustice toward the palestinians, if Israel wants peace and security they have to stop the unjustice first

That is pure fiction.  You try to use the Bible to support your idea but totally ignore the Bible when it comes to terrorism.  Now you are saying terrorism and murder of innocent civilians is justified on the basis of some grievances that Palestinians have.  That kind of thinking is completely supporting evil.  You need to give your head a shake and seek some Christian counselling.

19 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Yes, but these Palestinians are not peaceful refugees as you call them.  Many are supporters of terrorist organizations like Hamas. .

Some people in Israel support Netanyahu should they be stopped to come in Canada. What he does by bombing Gaza is just an act of terror.

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

That is pure fiction.  You try to use the Bible to support your idea but totally ignore the Bible when it comes to terrorism.  Now you are saying terrorism and murder of innocent civilians is justified on the basis of some grievances that Palestinians have.  That kind of thinking is completely supporting evil.  You need to give your head a shake and seek some Christian counselling.

I don't support any murder but i understand why they were caused.