'Utterly repulsive': Canadians divided on Justin Trudeau's $650M aid to Ukraine

On 10/2/2023 at 6:27 PM, taxme said:

This is obscene to think that while Canadians are suffering,

Canada is giving away billions of their tax dollars to Ukraine and other 3rd world countries. it's no wonder Canadians and Canada are deep in debt to the globalist banksters.

Totally with you on that observation. But we live in a time when absurdity is unchallenged and people wholeheartedly accept government lies. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, taxme said:

So, what has the clown in Ottawa done about it? SWEET NOTHING. The clown in Ottawa still gives the native Indian chiefs more tax dollars to blow, and the clown still does not do anything about the chiefs stealing all the money. 

There is nothing over the top when it comes to that clown in Ottawa that has pretty much destroyed what once was a great British and European country called Canada. The clown is trying to destroy all things Canadian by bringing in millions of 3rd world people to change and destroy our culture, heritage and way of life. You are way over the top to not to think and see so. ?

I was talking about the nazi gov in Ukraine remark. Otherwise I agree wholeheartedly with what you said. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Any my chihuahua cross chases huge bears out of our yard almost nightly since May.

Are you suggesting abandoning Ukraine or cutting aid now? We're arguing about objectives of war vs peacekeeping rather than the subject.
If we don't bark and try to chase the Russians out Putin will be after the Baltic states next and NATOs hand will be forced. Russia can get tired of war too when they're paying in blood.

Ya well Canada is not your dog...we can barely bark let alone bite...The left have dropped the ball, and it may not be possible to fix that issue.

I personally stand behind Ukraine, but Canadian support will dwindle as it has already started, along with other nations...everything has a limit, and we are getting close to ours. With things getting out of hand in Canada people will soon be complaining about funding going out of country instead to help Canadians...You overestimate our resolve..

Never underestimate Russia once it sets it's mind to something, it will do it until the country is bled dry...combat losses are well past 150,000 killed, this is just started for Russia, in terms of life lost or equipment reserves...human life does not hold the same value as it does in the west...They are already mobilizing close to 1000 troops per day...just to keep up with combat losses, and hold what ground they have...

https://archive.ph/YqHWg

Liberals and Conservatives say there’s a worrying shift in some Canadians’ feelings about the war in Ukraine. Here’s what’s behind it

Spoiler - the conservatives are behind it and are all russian spies. Not even kidding :)That's their take. 

But leaving aside the star's predictable attempts to blame the CPC, as i said before people are questioning the expenditure.  And that will gradually go up and up for the foreseeable future.

I think zelazny better have a plan for winning this thing by somewhere around springtime or early summer next year, i think by then there will be a lot of political pressue in a number of countries to keep the money local

3 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

You're being generous. 12 minutes max, if you factor ordering Timmies for the first wave of soldiers in time for break time.

But our secret maple syrup traps will stall the US tanks from moving across our border, and beavers will cut trees to make a barrage, when we destroy the barrages, the enemies will be overflowed and drown. Our doctrine is defense first, never forget that.

Edited by QuebecOverCanada
  • Haha 1

"Spoiler - the conservatives are behind it and are all russian spies. Not even kidding"

No kidding. Who's crying, whining and sighing there in your plain sight? Who's spreading the message in cute little lying ways go no further than this very topic? What does it look like? What do the messengers look like?

No, trust your own eyes not whines and shouts, always. It never works well the other way.

This is not about Ukraine, it's about who will be next letting Hitlers run free and wild. What, you have a guarantee of protection, in the brave new dictator thug world?

Edited by myata

46 minutes ago, myata said:

This is not about Ukraine

Correct. Its about Russia. Ukraine is being used to disable them as much as possible.

The west would like nothing more than a weak, divided and humiliated Russia having done generational levels of damage to their economy and global standing.

The US looks incredibly weak on the global stage. They used to be a country that projected strength.

Putin bet heavily on this, and wouldn't have if there was any worry whatsoever that he was biting off more than he could chew.

This no doubt was a mistake, but if he could hold on until 2024, there no doubt could be a deal in the making that would favor him and make it worthwhile for him to pull out. This war cannot be won on the battlefield.

21 minutes ago, herbie said:

Why would the USA even want to "take Ottawa"?

They'd have to rebuild us and leave like Japan & Germany or incorporate 30 million more of what they consider 'extreme leftists' into the USA.

They can buy us already as they're doing currently.

75% of our exports go to them.

2 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

You're being generous. 12 minutes max, if you factor ordering Timmies for the first wave of soldiers in time for break time.

Don't be ridiculous. It's at least an hour drive. And if we put up signs for free maple syrup we can probably slow them down another hour.

1 hour ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

They can buy us already as they're doing currently.

About the worst we could do is make them pay a little more...

But thei anti-Ukraine outlook of a lot of GOP is very worrying. A return to the America Firster ideology is as well. Sit back and watch the world go to hell after 2 generations of leadership. Worried to death over leftists and commies when the real threat is Putin who is neither.

7 hours ago, herbie said:

Worried to death over leftists and commies when the real threat is Putin who is neither.

China is a greater threat to the west than a beleaguered Russia.

China has the military might to push back heavily on the US. Not only this, the US must respect its stance on Taiwan. China was strategic and smart. 

The developed strong ties in Africa, and have invested heavily into their military, growing it from a joke to where they had to hang their head facing the US, to where they command its respect.

Sanctions? Go for it, China could effortlessly bring the US economy to its knees barely lifting a finger.

China has bolstered its power diplomatically and militarily.

They can thus bully Taiwan and neighboring countries without anything close to a military response from the US.

Thats what you call a threat.

On 10/2/2023 at 4:09 AM, CdnFox said:

Some of those tweets are pretty strong.

There's no doubt about one thing - justin AWAYS finds a way to divide canadians, and this is no exception.  A lot of people really believe in the support and feel it's a important part of keeping russia in line.  Others think maybe we should buy food for our people first, or get the first nations drinking water, or the like.

I think this is yet one more thing that can go on the ever growing pile of things Trudeau managed to divide us over

Trudeau is not dividing Canadians on this issue. The conservative knee-jerk opposition and demonization of anything remotely related to Trudeau is divisive.  Remember PP is the giy who is  currently trying to frame fixing the dilapidated rodent-infested 24 Sussex as “millions for Justin Trudeau’s mansion”.  Now THAT’S divisive!

We can and should do everything we can to oppose the Russian invasion of Ukraine while also ending boil water advisories on reserves, addressing poverty and the like. Conservatives are also always trying to demonize and defund government, but despite their rhetoric government can do more than one thing at a time 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Correct. Its about Russia. Ukraine is being used to disable them as much as possible.

"Poland was used to disable Nazis". Putin invaded Ukraine but "it is used", in a bizarre alternative world. I seriously have no interest in people who decide to turn their brain off and ignore the reality. The outcome of this war will define the future of the world. There's no way we can have United Nations with any meaning, EU will go sideways even NATO will be compromised if this evil is allowed to go with impunity and spread.

How can you try and prosecute petty African tyrants, after this? What will the word "terrorist" mean, after killing 50 civilians in one strike for no reason? Your cheering forecasts for brutal thugs are worth nothing except showing who you are. If Hitler managed to hold on till ... he may not lose, great.

But Ukraine has to win to survive and ensure normality in the world. And it will, with the help of all normal people in the world. While the folks like you will comment and sneer on the sidelines. Who cares though? You had the time and the brain, and it's only up to you what you do with them.

Edited by myata

2 hours ago, myata said:

The outcome of this war will define the future of the world.

There is no way this outcome can be decided on the battlefield. It must be negotiated. 

The longer to negotiate the more lives are needlessly lost. It becomes more of a d*** measuring contest, than wanting to bring this to an end.

Sure we can consider how this shouldn't have happened, but here we are. We can dwell, or we can be pragmatic in assessing how to resolve, or continue the conflict.

If you honestly think Ukraine can win this war, you are ignoring the realities of war. Something Zelensky is well aware of, in cautioning the world as to why his men are moving so painfully slow (likely knowing advancing past a certain point is slaughter for his men).

2 hours ago, myata said:

The outcome of this war will define the future of the world.

Sure, if the US has a weak leader. Strong and decisive leadership will make people think twice of trying you.

You already break into a house, you clearly aren't worried about what happens to you.

Honestly. Russia has killed tens of thousands of people. Their consequences considering their brutality, amount to a gentle public spanking.

Putin respects consequences. Try this stunt on China, and they would hit you with consequences to punish you, and serve as a warning to any others.

2 hours ago, myata said:

Your cheering forecasts for brutal thugs 

When have I cheered for this conflict? Point it out.

This war should have never happened. Was preventable. Cheering for Russia, is cheering for ruthless brutality.

Continuing this war for 5 years, doesn't deter a tryant. 

How do you win this war, by prolonging a stalemate?

Questioning my brain but not refuting my points with better ones, doesn't make your point any better.

The war is all about putin wanting the return of the soviets empire back onto the world stage.  That's it ,that's all. The guy is 100% KGB. And he suffers from small man syndrome. 

Edited by PIK
  • Like 2

There is no way this outcome can be decided on the battlefield. It must be negotiated. 

Stop parroting bullshit. It means that you're letting go of your sound mind and your brain. An armed bandit barged into your house, you "negotiate", what? Folks like you tried to negotiate with Hitler and remember what happened? To folks like Hitler, Putin Un brutal dictator thugs your love for negotiations means only one thing: you are weak and won't stand up to them. Remember?

Brain is your friend. You were born with it for a reason - not so?

Edited by myata

Their consequences considering their brutality, amount to a gentle public spanking.

The way you think really defeats me.

Look the psycho shot "only" a few dozen innocent shoppers but could have taken out whole block with a bomb. This makes him "good", doesn't it like you said, "gentle spanking" no?! In what f-ing universe, which brains and how, work this way?

And the "law" remember, what was that about? Any brutal thug on a murder spree from now on merits an honest negotiation?

No, just incomprehensible. Beyond my ability to connect with your idea.

44 minutes ago, myata said:

An armed bandit barged into your house, you "negotiate", what?

I gun him down. Ask questions later. The consequences are swift, and devastating. Heck, I would stop them dead in their tracks, by cocking the weapon at the back of their heads and give them the choice to drop their weapon, or die if they as little as flinch.

Heck, if I was back in Haiti where I am from, I would cut his head off and put the body on display as to anyone else wanting to try.

Ukraine doesn't have the fire power to "gun down" Russia, or to do it dirty like that.

Nor do they have the man power.

Imagine the arrogance, of entering a country, and sectioning an additional part of it as their own. Essentially, like entering your house, and renovating the garage and moving in with you still inside. This projects how small they feel Ukraine is.

Russia has the capacity to Hiroshima Ukraine, should a red line be crossed. 

They have the capacity of devastating consequences. Ukraine does not.

This is what you call leverage. Negotiations 101. Make sure your hand is the strong one.

Ukraine is occupied, is under staffed and not as armed as their occupant.

36 minutes ago, myata said:

Beyond my ability

Thats the issue, more than the points or logic am using.

6 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Trudeau is not dividing Canadians on this issue. The conservative knee-jerk opposition and demonization of anything remotely related to Trudeau is divisive.  Remember PP is the giy who is  currently trying to frame fixing the dilapidated rodent-infested 24 Sussex as “millions for Justin Trudeau’s mansion”.  Now THAT’S divisive!

We can and should do everything we can to oppose the Russian invasion of Ukraine while also ending boil water advisories on reserves, addressing poverty and the like. Conservatives are also always trying to demonize and defund government, but despite their rhetoric government can do more than one thing at a time 

Of course he's dividing canadians.  Remember when he shouted at a canadian to shut up because he's talking about ukraine and has no time for that guy?  That's divisive.  When he says this should'nt be a partisan issue and the opposition shoudln't be raising valid concerns, that's divisive. 

And calling it a 'knee jerk' reaction is both insane AND divisive. After a year of suppling goods and cash while our own soldiers have NOTHING - no tanks no anti aircraft weapons, now not even new APC's or the like because he's given them all to Ukraine,  AND at a time when our people are going hungry, after all that people have a RIGHT to say 'how much more? How long is this going on for? What are we getting for this?"

But typical leftie loser - rather than address those very legit questions and looking at the issue it's all "HOW DAAAAARRE YOU SPEAK AND ASK QUESTIONS!!!!!"  Why it's a "knee jerk reaction' (That took almost 2 years to have).  YOU SHOULD STAY SILENT AND DO AS YOUR LIBERAL MASTERS SAY!!!!

I guess we're lucky he didn't declare the emergency act just because people asked.

1 hour ago, myata said:

The way you think really defeats me.

Look the psycho shot "only" a few dozen innocent shoppers but could have taken out whole block with a bomb. This makes him "good", doesn't it like you said, "gentle spanking" no?! In what f-ing universe, which brains and how, work this way?

And the "law" remember, what was that about? Any brutal thug on a murder spree from now on merits an honest negotiation?

No, just incomprehensible. Beyond my ability to connect with your idea.

It's the mindset that might makes right. And there is some truth to it if being pragmatic.

The West may have way more economic might than Russia, but Russia is far more willing to absorb casualties than we would be. That goes a long ways and is why it's stalemated for now.

I really don't think Russia has enough in the tank to fight that much longer. They're more or less down to defensive operations only at this point. That being said, war almost always goes longer than people expect. Especially nowadays, there's like a video game mentality that it will all be over quickly. Five years of war before it reaches a conclusion wouldn't surprise me

Edited by Nexii