Hunter Biden finally indicted, could face 25 years in prison

2 hours ago, Rebound said:

The NY fraud case? That is not an indictment… he’s already been found guilty in that case. The only purpose of the trial is to determine damages. 

And… just in case you harbor some residual thought that Trump is intelligent, consider these facts:

1. The amount of damages are being determined solely by Judge Engoron.
  2. The reason there is no jury is that Trump voluntarily chose to waive his right to a jury. Trump’s choice alone.
  3. Trump then complained that he was being “denied” trial by jury, even though it was Trump’s sole decision.
  4. Trump, and only Trump, decided that the best course of action would be to relentlessly insult and attack the judge, his clerk, and the judge’s family. 

Now, tell me: Is that a “smart” thing to do? Insult the judge who will rule on whether the damages you need to pay will be, say, $20 million or $250 million? Is that how he will get the best outcome? Is he going to file an appeal by claiming, “The judge was biased against me because I insulted him and his family every day for four months”? Not a good strategy!

Trump knows his only hope is to provoke the judge into making an appealable error and delay the outcome or maybe get a new trial. AKA, he's desperate.

38 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Gee, that's not what WCM said. I guess you know better than him. LMAO

I went to a tech school and because I scored high on my SATs, I didn't have to take ANY English courses in college.

I also took science classes in HS. Physics, Advanced Biology and Chemistry to name 3. In college I took Thermodynamics, Advanced Physics, and Strength of Materials.

Maybe you don't "talk English as good" (SIC) as you believe.

Whatever you say, science guy.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Whatever you say, science guy.

Thanks for admitting you're NOT QUALIFIED to judge....

You ever had a subscription to "Scientific American"? Or read an actual journal of science (any kind)?

I've actually gone to the UCSD Library to read science journal articles. Ever seen that? Shaped like a giant mushroom.

image.png.0a46a9a4c59a659c160d8659e119203e.png

• Like 1

Just now, robosmith said:

Thanks for admitting you're NOT QUALIFIED to judge....

You ever had a subscription to "Scientific American"? Or read an actual journal of science (any kind)?

I've actually gone to the UCSD Library to read science journal articles. Ever seen that? Shaped like a giant mushroom.

image.png.0a46a9a4c59a659c160d8659e119203e.png

Dude in our past conversations you've made it VERY clear you didn't understand science in the slightest ;)

And by the way - actually intelligent people would say something like " I went to the library to read - i  found a fascinating article on the double slit experiment that changed how i saw the universe".   You say "i went to library - it shaped like big mushroom!!!! Snork!"   People notice the difference :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rebound said:

The NY fraud case? That is not an indictment… he’s already been found guilty in that case. The only purpose of the trial is to determine damages. 

And… just in case you harbor some residual thought that Trump is intelligent, consider these facts:

1. The amount of damages are being determined solely by Judge Engoron.
  2. The reason there is no jury is that Trump voluntarily chose to waive his right to a jury. Trump’s choice alone.
  3. Trump then complained that he was being “denied” trial by jury, even though it was Trump’s sole decision.
  4. Trump, and only Trump, decided that the best course of action would be to relentlessly insult and attack the judge, his clerk, and the judge’s family. 

Now, tell me: Is that a “smart” thing to do? Insult the judge who will rule on whether the damages you need to pay will be, say, $20 million or $250 million? Is that how he will get the best outcome? Is he going to file an appeal by claiming, “The judge was biased against me because I insulted him and his family every day for four months”? Not a good strategy!

I haven't followed it at all, but I know without looking that almost everything that you said there is BS. It always is. 

39 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I haven't followed it at all, but I know without looking that almost everything that you said there is BS. It always is. 

You're mostly right.  There is a tendency in left wing reporting to 'twist' the truth and those people who rely on it repeat the error.

1. That was a civil trial, not a criminal trial. So he won't have been found guilty about anything. The judge decided that for the purposes of this action that he was liable before the trial started. No evidence was allowed to be presented nor was there discussion about whether he was innocent or guilty at any time.

2. Trump was for the purpose of that trial considered to be liable. This was strictly a liability case and a liability case brought by the government, not by a complainant. Nobody alleged that they had suffered any loss in regards to this. it's only purpose was to assess what is essentially a fine. There's no criminality here.

3. Trump never requested a jury. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-trial-no-jury-fraud-new-york-judge-arthur-engoron/

4. Not really relevant to anything.

As to the value of the 'strategy' that's opinion not fact so i'll leave that alone.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

You don’t know what you’re talking about? Not news to any of us.  
Trump has already been found guilty in the NY State civil fraud trial.  

Hunter ignores the congressional subpoena and makes a show with a brief press conference(but refuses to take questions). Will he face the same consequences as Steve Bannon or Peter Navarro? Navarro was arrested by the FBI and placed in shackles.

If I had to bet, I would say Hunter won't be subjected to the same thing.

But what did dad Joe have to say on the subject of someone defying a government subpoena?

"I hope that the committee goes after them and holds them accountable criminally," President Biden said.

Biden says DOJ should prosecute those who defy January 6 committee subpoenas | CNN Politics

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rebound said:

You don’t know what you’re talking about? Not news to any of us.  
Trump has already been found guilty in the NY State civil fraud trial.  

As i previously posted, that's not accurate. Trump was assumed guilty before the hearing began. This isn't a criminal trial, this is a fine assessment. At no time was evidence presented or debated with regards to the offense, it started off with the premise he's guilty and is strictly ruling on the penalty.

So no, he was never 'found guilty' of anything. Nor will that be put to trial. The state says that as far as they're concerned he violated a rule and has asked the judge to rule on the fine and penalty.

We Were Told Biden Is Secretly Running the DOJ. Why Is His Son Being Charged?

It has long been an article of faith on the right that Attorney General Merrick Garland is prosecuting Donald Trump because President Biden wants him to. Even the Trump-skeptical corners of the conservative media casually assert, without bothering to supply any evidence for the charge, that Biden is behind the DOJ investigations.

"Biden Justice Department officials and Democratic prosecutors are currently trying to put the other side’s leading contender for the White House in jail … The vapors over Trump saying he’s going to target his enemies," argues National Review editor-in-chief Rich Lowry, "is rich coming from people who have targeted their enemy by any means necessary for years now."

"Meantime, a Justice Department special counsel has filed trumped-up charges against Mr. Trump for allegedly defrauding the U.S. … writes Wall Street Journal columnist Allysia Finley, "Abuse executive power. Ignore the law. Run roughshod over individual liberties. Retaliate against political opponents. Mr. Biden and his allies have done exactly what they warn Mr. Trump will do if he returns to the White House."

You’d think those conservatives might be questioning this assumption, now that Garland’s Justice Department is prosecuting Joe Biden’s son for tax evasion. But no, they’re just pretending it isn’t happening. 

And they're pretending that despite numerous legal opinions being proffered, that Hunter is not being singled out for charges when virtually no one else has been under similar circumstances.

2 hours ago, herbie said:

FYI there are now over 40 refurbished laptops out there that will identify themselves to Microsoft as "Hunter Biden's Laptop".

The GOP is welcome to try to extradite me for Obstruction of Justice.

Extradite, a weapons grade version of dite? So that was the white stuff found at the Whitehouse.

Looks like Hunters hooker hunting days are over.

1 hour ago, Legato said:

Extradite, a weapons grade version of dite? So that was the white stuff found at the Whitehouse.

Looks like Hunters hooker hunting days are over.

No no - it's just that extradite has 30 percent more dite than leading dite brands.

4 hours ago, herbie said:

FYI there are now over 40 refurbished laptops out there that will identify themselves to Microsoft as "Hunter Biden's Laptop".

The GOP is welcome to try to extradite me for Obstruction of Justice.

IF you thought he and joe were innocent there would have been no point in doing that. :)

Gotcha :)

On 12/14/2023 at 10:23 AM, ironstone said:

Hunter ignores the congressional subpoena and makes a show with a brief press conference(but refuses to take questions). Will he face the same consequences as Steve Bannon or Peter Navarro? Navarro was arrested by the FBI and placed in shackles.

But what did dad Joe have to say on the subject of someone defying a government subpoena?

"I hope that the committee goes after them and holds them accountable criminally," President Biden said.

Biden says DOJ should prosecute those who defy January 6 committee subpoenas | CNN Politics

Good points all.

What we are talking about is at least 24 million dollars that went to the Bidens in exchange for access to the big guy.  And companies owned in Ukraine, China, and a few other countries.

Were the J06 defenders allowed to ignore their subpoenas?  No, they were thrown in jail without due process.  Anyone with a brain can see that this is a two tiered Justice system.  

The brainwashed on the left are going to have a bad year.  

2 hours ago, sharkman said:

Good points all.

What we are talking about is at least 24 million dollars that went to the Bidens in exchange for access to the big guy.  And companies owned in Ukraine, China, and a few other countries.

Were the J06 defenders allowed to ignore their subpoenas?  No, they were thrown in jail without due process.  Anyone with a brain can see that this is a two tiered Justice system.  

It could be the worst year ever.  Biden up on charges, trump back in the whitehouse, new investigations about a lot of dems....

On 12/14/2023 at 10:23 AM, ironstone said:

In REALITY, Hunter ADDRESSED the congressional subpoena NOT "IGNORES" it.

You must have MISSED the part where he STATED that he will testify at a PUBLIC HEARING.

16 hours ago, sharkman said:

Good points all.

Except for the LIE about "Ignores the subpoena."

Prove that ANYONE who paid, got "access to the big guy." Let alone policy favors.

Anyone with a brain can see that Hunter agreed to testify at a public hearing. Duh.

The brainwashed right doesn't understand that agreeing to public hearing testimony is NOT "ignores the subpoena." 

9 minutes ago, robosmith said:

You must have MISSED the part where he STATED that he will testify at a PUBLIC HEARING.

You must have MISSED the part where he STATED he REFUSED TO APPEAR as requested by the committee!!

Thanks for proving he has something to hide! :) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, robosmith said:

Is the law different for Democrats? They can refuse subpoenas and dictate where and when they they testify, or not?

You missed the part where Hunter scurried off without taking questions.

The narrative went from 'Joe was never involved with any of Hunter's business dealings' to 'my father was never FINANCIALLY involved in my business deals'.

Did you catch that...

24 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Is the law different for Democrats?

Plenty of Republicons refused House subpoenas, like Gym Jordan.

They can refuse subpoenas and dictate where and when they they testify, or not?

Again, offering to testify publicly is NOT IGNORE, and NOT "refuse."

You missed the part where Hunter scurried off without taking questions.

So what? He's under no obligation.

The narrative went from 'Joe was never involved with any of Hunter's business dealings' to 'my father was never FINANCIALLY involved in my business deals'.

Did you catch that...

Yeah, it perfectly destroys the House Republicon attempts to claim Joe shared the profits.

Which is a big reason they don't want Hunter testifying in PUBLIC.

Did YOU catch that the whole purpose is to try to tar Joe with Hunter's use of his name to make a personal profit?