Hunter Biden finally indicted, could face 25 years in prison

Too bad the law with which Hunter was charged was ruled unConstitutional. LMAO

Appeals court rules against longstanding drug user gun ban cited in Hunter Biden case

A federal appeals court has ruled that drug users shouldn’t automatically be banned from having guns, marking the latest sign of upheaval in the nation’s firearm legal landscape and raising questions about a law cited in the case against Hunter Biden.

The opinion overturns the conviction of a Mississippi man, Patrick D. Daniels of Gulfport, who had two guns found in his car during a traffic stop last year and acknowledged using marijuana regularly but wasn’t accused of driving under the influence.

The appeals court cited the 2022 U.S. Supreme Court decision known as New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen, which said gun laws must have strong historical roots — a finding that led to challenges of many of the nation’s gun laws.

“Our history and tradition may support some limits on an intoxicated person’s right to carry a weapon, but it does not justify disarming a sober citizen based exclusively on his past drug usage,” the three-judge panel for the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans wrote in Wednesday’s ruling.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Too bad the law with which Hunter was charged was ruled unConstitutional. LMAO

Appeals court rules against longstanding drug user gun ban cited in Hunter Biden case

This is what they're gonna hang their hat on. An occasional pot smoker.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Hunter was jailed for breaking one of the laws that Joe Biden created to incarcerate blacks? ?

TBH this does sound kind of weak. 

I get that it was a crime, but what kind of sentences do people typically get for it? 

It shouldn't be any more than one would get for illegally purchasing a handgun on the street, and how much time do people serve for buying/being in possession of an unlicensed/illegal handgun in the US? 3 months? 

And TBH, he's being charged federally, so this will require FBI participation, which means that it will just result in search warrants for Mar-a-Lago ? 

My guess is that he will be found guilty and sentenced to 200 hrs of community service, where he'll go help the IRS target Republicans.

16 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Good to see some Republicans finally supporting gun laws. Just shows what utter hypocrites they are. 

Don't act any dumber than you already are, Beave. I can't recall the last time I saw any Republicans saying "Let's give criminals access to handguns!"

It's only Demonrats who want to protect the right of criminals to wander around town with concealed handguns. 

19 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Don't act any dumber than you already are, Beave. I can't recall the last time I saw any Republicans saying "Let's give criminals access to handguns!"

It's only Demonrats who want to protect the right of criminals to wander around town with concealed handguns. 

I certainly don't want lunatics like Hunter having access to a gun. 

I wouldn't be opposed to liberalism finally making the DSM for "mental disorder" and prohibiting them from smoking crack and handling firearms either 

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

You have no problem with Trump pardoning multiple people for crimes against the state.

Wrong.

No one wants people to get away with attacking police officers.

There are people in jail who never forced entry, never attacked anyone, and were let in by police. 

Compare that to people who smashed windows and burned down buildings without being charged, and especially to the people who incited all of that violence. 

CNN wants to talk about the role people played in encouraging the Jan 6th riot, but CNN broadcast lies to encourage rioting for the last half of 2014, all of 2015, all of 2016, and the first part of 2017. Then they did it again for about 4 months in 2020. 

The attack on the whitehouse is a perfect example of CNN's double standard. https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/george-floyd-protests-05-31-20/h_cb459ab077b164295d8d61d80987e3fb

60 officers arrested, one arrest, CNN just calls them all "protesters". None of the mobs there were considered "seditious" by the folks who instantly considered protesters at the capitol "seditious mobs" lol. And don't forget, CNN was also part of the gang who said that talk of killing Trump and blowing up the WH was all just fun and games, and it was protected by free speech laws. 

The problem with this topic is people like you. The problem with every topic is people like you. You're stupid, you're credulous and you're a worthless lying piece of crap 24/7.

24 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Wrong.

No one wants people to get away with attacking police officers.

There are people in jail who never forced entry, never attacked anyone, and were let in by police. 

Compare that to people who smashed windows and burned down buildings without being charged, and especially to the people who incited all of that violence. 

CNN wants to talk about the role people played in encouraging the Jan 6th riot, but CNN broadcast lies to encourage rioting for the last half of 2014, all of 2015, all of 2016, and the first part of 2017. Then they did it again for about 4 months in 2020. 

The attack on the whitehouse is a perfect example of CNN's double standard. https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/george-floyd-protests-05-31-20/h_cb459ab077b164295d8d61d80987e3fb

60 officers arrested, one arrest, CNN just calls them all "protesters". None of the mobs there were considered "seditious" by the folks who instantly considered protesters at the capitol "seditious mobs" lol. And don't forget, CNN was also part of the gang who said that talk of killing Trump and blowing up the WH was all just fun and games, and it was protected by free speech laws. 

The problem with this topic is people like you. The problem with every topic is people like you. You're stupid, you're credulous and you're a worthless lying piece of crap 24/7.

The difference between you and me is I don't think presidents should be able to pardon anyone who has been convicted of a crime.

51 minutes ago, Aristides said:

The difference between you and me is I don't think presidents should be able to pardon anyone who has been convicted of a crime.

Part of me says that you're right about not giving presidents that power: https://wibc.com/101737/historical-horror-clinton-pardoned-ex-terrorist-now-working-for-blm/

Bill Clinton Pardoned Ex-Terrorist Now Working for BLM

Now Working for BLM

Last week’s attack on the U.S. Capitol building brought to mind another attack on our nation’s most revered and sacred buildings in D.C.

November 7, 1983, motivated by United States military involvement in Lebanon and Grenada, six members of the radical left-wing Resistance Conspiracy bombed the U.S. Senate building.

One of those arrested was a woman by the name of Susan Lisa Rosenberg, whom Wikipedia now elegantly refers to as an “American activist, writer, advocate for social justice and prisoners’ rights and a former terrorist.”

Aww, such a cutie. No wonder Billy let her out.

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Wow. Hunter Biden indicted.

Hunter is indicted for the same reason that Bill Morneau was turfed and for the same reason that Clinesmith was convicted with falsifying evidence and providing it to a court: the powers-that-be like to throw a small fry to the wolves to keep their Golden Boys out of trouble.

No one with half a brain really cares what Hunter did because Hunter didn't abuse the power of the US gov't. That was Joe and Joe alone. 

that would be so bad for him if he was running for President.

I don't think that anyone with a legitimate indictment against them should be allowed to run for president. As far as I know that has never happened. 

1 hour ago, West said:

I certainly don't want lunatics like Hunter having access to a gun. 

I wouldn't be opposed to liberalism finally making the DSM for "mental disorder" and prohibiting them from smoking crack and handling firearms either 

You do know that one of the first laws that Trump signed made it easier for the mentally ill to buy guns, don't you. LMAO

28 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Hunter is indicted for the same reason that Bill Morneau was turfed and for the same reason that Clinesmith was convicted with falsifying evidence and providing it to a court: the powers-that-be like to throw a small fry to the wolves to keep their Golden Boys out of trouble.

No one with half a brain really cares what Hunter did because Hunter didn't abuse the power of the US gov't. That was Joe and Joe alone. 

I don't think that anyone with a legitimate indictment against them should be allowed to run for president. As far as I know that has never happened. 

Who told you Trump's indictments are not legitimate (besides Trump; we already know you believe him implicitly). LMAO

2 hours ago, Rebound said:

Wow. Hunter Biden indicted. Wow, that would be so bad for him if he was running for President.  

Imagine running for President and getting indicted.

Just imagine. 

Yeah , the only way you'd get awsay with that is if your political opponents had been making SOOO many false claims day and night  that were proven to be untrue over so many years that everyone basically got sick of it and didn't care if you were indicted. 

But - what are the chances of that?

:)

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Either you agree or you don't, it's pretty simple. 

Not really. 

There is no way to safeguard against anything 100%.

Probably the most egregious failure in the history of mankind is giving access to the nuclear codes to Joe Biden. Arguably no one should have nukes, but some people do, so the POTUS has to. And now an actual dementia patient has them.

https://www.alz.org/media/cacentral/dementia-care-30-personality-changes-in-dementia.pdf

The difference with Alzheimer’s is that your loved one can show rapid mood swings from calm to tears to anger, for no apparent reason.

As your loved one enters the middle stages of Alzheimer’s you may notice more behavioral symptoms. These include aggression, agitation and paranoia.

When a guy shakes hands with air and whispers to the curtains they should no longer be in control of nuclear weapons. 

The ability to grant pardons is the same kind of power. Some presidents should have it, but obviously not Bill. 

26 minutes ago, West said:

Whataboutism doesn't make leftists any less mentally ill

Your stupid attacks on leftists do not make Trump arming the mentally ill any less stupid.

5 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Yeah , the only way you'd get awsay with that is if your political opponents had been making SOOO many false claims day and night  that were proven to be untrue over so many years that everyone basically got sick of it and didn't care if you were indicted. 

But - what are the chances of that?

:)

The chances are ZERO outside of your imagination. Who tells you ^this crap and why do you listen to them? LMAO

6 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Probably the most egregious failure in the history of mankind is giving access to the nuclear codes to Joe Biden. Arguably no one should have nukes, but some people do, so the POTUS has to. And now an actual dementia patient has them.

That probably works out tho. 

Biden - "thats it, nuke the kremlin!!!"

Officer - "of course sir - please give us the 34 digit access authorization code".

BIden- ' Its  7 4 9 tubity 2 bababab banana pudding.  HEY - lets go for pudding!"Officer - "of course sir. right this way.  No...sir.. this way. This way sir.  Thaaats right....."

5 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Your stupid attacks on leftists do not make Trump arming the mentally ill any less stupid.

The left ARE the mentally ill -  but i agree you and yours shouldnt' be allowed to have guns :)  

Edited by CdnFox
  • Haha 1