Hunter Biden finally indicted, could face 25 years in prison

3 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Between the gun charges and the tax evasion indictments, Hunter could be facing some real jail time.  Dollars to donuts he flips and sings like a canary about the old man.

I suspect the opposite is true - i suspect that he's being put forward as a sacrificial lamb and told that he'll avoid real jail time if he shuts up about everything else and they'll give a big whack of cash when he gets out.  I think they knew that there was too much smoke for people to ignore, and that by doing this they avoid inquiries into what role Joe may have played and after they can say "well it was all hunter and now he's been punished so lets get on and no more questions'.

6 hours ago, CdnFox said:

I suspect the opposite is true - i suspect that he's being put forward as a sacrificial lamb and told that he'll avoid real jail time if he shuts up about everything else and they'll give a big whack of cash when he gets out.  I think they knew that there was too much smoke for people to ignore, and that by doing this they avoid inquiries into what role Joe may have played and after they can say "well it was all hunter and now he's been punished so lets get on and no more questions'.

That’s another good possibility, and in my view could have unintended consequences.  He’s obviously a messed up addict with a very weak character.  Who has done a lot of deals where his father gets a cut.  Ukrainian nationals.  Chinese nationals.  It’s a long list.  What are the chances that they catch him in a perjury trap?  And getting his tax documents admitted as evidence in court would be dangerous.

We’ve all seen the proof that he lied on his gun application.  He’s obviously committed fraud with his taxes.  These are both federal laws with serious time.

If he gets off scott free, or is convicted and then pardoned by his father, there will be blood in the streets.  Either outcome will end a re-election bid by Biden.  

The only way out is for the trial to be delayed until after November.  What am I missing?

18 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I think you just proved that you don't know what "legitimate" means. 

My bad, I should have used a word with 5 letters or less when I responded to a leftard.

Oh I see. “Legitimate indictment” means an indictment against somebody you hate, not the legally-accepted usage of “criminal charge(s) filed and accepted by a court based upon findings of probable cause, as determined by a grand jury or prosecutor, depending upon the nature of the crime and jurisdictional requirements.”  Which, of course, is what a “legitimate” indictment actually is.  Silly of me to fail to realize that there’s a special secret MAGA definition to everything. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2023 at 11:44 AM, WestCanMan said:

I think you just proved that you don't know what "legitimate" means. 

My bad, I should have used a word with 5 letters or less when I responded to a leftard.

No, YOU FAILED to show ANY EVIDENCE that all 91 indictments (or any) are illegitimate.

21 hours ago, sharkman said:

Between the gun charges and the tax evasion indictments, Hunter could be facing some real jail time.  Dollars to donuts he flips and sings like a canary about the old man.

I'll take that bet. He needs Joe as POTUS.

1 minute ago, Nationalist said:

lol...if you can claim to be rational...I can claim to be Ironman. Or even Santa Claus.

You can make every uncredible claim you like, but you're going to be called on it.

Meanwhile you have yet to make a credible claim I am not rational, let alone proved me wrong.

Unlike your ADMISSION of TROLLING.

35 minutes ago, robosmith said:

You can make every uncredible claim you like, but you're going to be called on it.

Meanwhile you have yet to make a credible claim I am not rational, let alone proved me wrong.

Unlike your ADMISSION of TROLLING.

You really hate my having yanked your chain eh?

Giggle...

8 hours ago, Rebound said:

Oh I see. “Legitimate indictment” means an indictment against somebody you hate, not the legally-accepted usage of “criminal charge(s) filed and accepted by a court based upon findings of probable cause, as determined by a grand jury or prosecutor, depending upon the nature of the crime and jurisdictional requirements.”  Which, of course, is what a “legitimate” indictment actually is.  Silly of me to fail to realize that there’s a special secret MAGA definition to everything. 

Dude, the Dems have 25 or 50 or 75 indictments about Trump's estimate of his own properties. It's retarded. The banks that Trump did the business were and still are ok with his assessment. 

And that's after the witch hunt and the Jan 6th BS about him "inciting people to peacefully stroll"

"Hello, sir. I regret to inform you that you're under arrest for violating Sec 1 Part 1 of the criminal code: "Inciting people to peacefully stroll", and if convicted you could face a 11.3 million years in prison with no chance of patrol until the year 23456. 

I stopped taking the Dems seriously when Obama dropped his dumbshell about Trayvon Martin and they all just nodded their heads. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Dude, the Dems have 25 or 50 or 75 indictments about Trump's estimate of his own properties. It's retarded. The banks that Trump did the business were and still are ok with his assessment. 

And that's after the witch hunt and the Jan 6th BS about him "inciting people to peacefully stroll"

"Hello, sir. I regret to inform you that you're under arrest for violating Sec 1 Part 1 of the criminal code: "Inciting people to peacefully stroll", and if convicted you could face a 11.3 million years in prison with no chance of patrol until the year 23456. 

I stopped taking the Dems seriously when Obama dropped his dumbshell about Trayvon Martin and they all just nodded their heads. 

Trump has already  been CONVICTED of FRAUD in the NY case. Duh.

Turns out NY state law does not require any evidence of harm for sworn claims to banks to be BANK FRAUD.

Too bad neither you nor Trump understand NYS law. Of course you STILL DON'T.

2 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Not surprised you believe TROLLING is funny. It's all you got. ?

Well...that and superior intellect...and rational positions on things. But ya...I did enjoy yankin' your chain. ?

Just now, robosmith said:

Trump has already  been CONVICTED of FRAUD in the NY case. Duh.

Turns out NY state law does not require any evidence of harm for sworn claims to banks to be BANK FRAUD.

Too bad neither you nor Trump understand NYS law. Of course you STILL DON'T.

Too bad you don't understand basic physics. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, robosmith said:

A scintilla of evidence that Joe got ANY piece of Hunter's deals.

I guess you've not paid attention to Comer's MULTIPLE FAILS.

No, I’m paying attention to something that will change the way things are.  Hope you are staying safe in Southern Cal.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Well...that and superior intellect...and rational positions on things. But ya...I did enjoy yankin' your chain. ?

Only in your fantasies.

7 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Too bad you don't understand basic physics. 

I understand it far better than you cause I took college science classes and got an MS unlike you who dropped out.

Not to mention my best friend has a PhD in physics and taught me everything I wanted to know.

Edited by robosmith

4 hours ago, robosmith said:

Only in your fantasies.

I understand it far better than you cause I took college science classes and got an MS unlike you who dropped out.

Not to mention my best friend has a PhD in physics and taught me everything I wanted to know.

Yet you fail to grasp the most basic law. Meh...Tweenkies...

8 hours ago, robosmith said:

Only in your fantasies.

You took college “science” classes, eh? Your vocabulary and sentence structure, etc., is not that of someone who spent much time in college.  

No one says they took “science” classes in college.  That’s a grade 10 class.  There are many specific studies at the college level.  I’m calling bupkis on your claim.  
Maybe you should get your friend with the PhD to clue you in?

Edited by sharkman

16 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The NY fraud case? That is not an indictment… he’s already been found guilty in that case. The only purpose of the trial is to determine damages. 

And… just in case you harbor some residual thought that Trump is intelligent, consider these facts:

1. The amount of damages are being determined solely by Judge Engoron.
  2. The reason there is no jury is that Trump voluntarily chose to waive his right to a jury. Trump’s choice alone.
  3. Trump then complained that he was being “denied” trial by jury, even though it was Trump’s sole decision.
  4. Trump, and only Trump, decided that the best course of action would be to relentlessly insult and attack the judge, his clerk, and the judge’s family. 

Now, tell me: Is that a “smart” thing to do? Insult the judge who will rule on whether the damages you need to pay will be, say, $20 million or $250 million? Is that how he will get the best outcome? Is he going to file an appeal by claiming, “The judge was biased against me because I insulted him and his family every day for four months”? Not a good strategy!

18 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

As well informed as always. There are zero indictments about Trump's estimate of his own properties. The business fraud, of which he has already been deemed liable, is a civil case. 

And the Jan 6 insurrectionists did exactly what they understood that Trump asked of them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sharkman said:

You took college “science” classes, eh? Your vocabulary and sentence structure, etc., is not that of someone who spent much time in college.  

Gee, that's not what WCM said. I guess you know better than him. LMAO

I went to a tech school and because I scored high on my SATs, I didn't have to take ANY English courses in college.

2 hours ago, sharkman said:

No one says they took “science” classes in college.  That’s a grade 10 class.  There are many specific studies at the college level.  I’m calling bupkis on your claim.  
Maybe you should get your friend with the PhD to clue you in?

I also took science classes in HS. Physics, Advanced Biology and Chemistry to name 3. In college I took Thermodynamics, Advanced Physics, and Strength of Materials.

Maybe you don't "talk English as good" (SIC) as you believe.