Justin and Sophie divorcing

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his longtime partner Sophie Grégoire Trudeau announced on Wednesday that they are separating.

Mr. Trudeau, 51, has been married to Ms. Grégoire Trudeau, 48, for the last 18 years and have three children together: Xavier, 15, Ella Grace, 14, and nine-year-old Hadrien. Mr. Trudeau met Ms. Grégoire Trudeau, a former entertainment journalist, in 2003. Their wedding was held in Montreal in May 2005.

The announcement about the couple’s separation was posted to Instagram on Wednesday. Mr. Trudeau said that the couple had “made the decision to separate” and that they “remain a close family with deep love and respect”. He also asked that, for the well-being of his children, the family’s privacy be respected.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-justin-trudeau-and-sophie-gregoire-trudeau-announce-separation/

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

was thinking to go with starting his own cannabis business or a waiter, but definitely not the Prime Minister. 

Na, he will be cast as a trainer in Rocky 17

• Like 1

I've heard it was a strained relationship for a while.  Jokes aside it's a crappy thing for anyone to go through, and having to read stuff in the papers every day about what a crap pot your hubby is can't be easy on her or the kids. 

Back to the politics - this is going to kill him in quebec next election i suspect.  And it will be a sharp contrast with PP who's wife is out there front and center saying her man is fantastic and she supports him 100 percent.

3 minutes ago, herbie said:

Do you people even know the difference between a separation and a divorce?

Right Herbie.   They're just on a 'break'.  :)  

• Like 1

You know of no one who ever got back together? Get around more. I know of several that never filed for a legal divorce. My wife never filed - she was still  my "wife" in all but official marital status. I did, after a second separation and shouldn't have, as it cost years of financial hardship as a single Dad.

They announced a separation, not a divorce. The thread title is false.

21 minutes ago, herbie said:

You know of no one who ever got back together? Get around more. I know of several that never filed for a legal divorce. My wife never filed - she was still  my "wife" in all but official marital status. I did, after a second separation and shouldn't have, as it cost years of financial hardship as a single Dad.

They announced a separation, not a divorce. The thread title is false.

The nits are being picked.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

envious of her. She's separated from Justin Trudeau.  

That means you spent 18 years with him o_O

That's like envying someone who looks like a model now, but used to be 600lbs and defecate in their pants because they couldn't make it to the toilet.

1 hour ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Have you ever seen any of his 'boxing' clips ?

Pathetic.

I'm offended. His face provided the best possible defense, from what I recall. 

Good luck at trying to KO someone without a brain. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, herbie said:

Do you people even know the difference between a separation and a divorce?

Most people who take the "break" that is the separation, eventually divorce. 

Not because resets don't work.

But because this is the timing where communication is critical.

Have you seen Trudeau's communication skills?

They're as good as toast. Burnt toast. 

1 hour ago, herbie said:

You know of no one who ever got back together?

Who's a major politician who announced a separation?

No. It's such a major career changer that they only ever do it when the marriage is over.

Not that there's many examples, the only other prime minister who got seperated from his wife in our history is  pier..... ohhh right.  His dad.  Never got back with margret either. Imagine that :) 

He really is desperately trying to make his entire political life exactly like his father's isn't he.

14 minutes ago, herbie said:

Asides form his incessant umms and ohhs, he can at least remain on subject.

ROFLMAO - NO he can't!!!!!  He's been HEAVILY criticized for his inability to answer a question!  Especially in europe :)  Ask him what time it is and he'll say "Thursday, and the liberal party is committed to the idea that it's thursday all day".   And it's actually a Friday.

5 hours ago, Contrarian said:

She is definitely not Hillary Clinton to stand by her man but let's face it he is not a man of Bill Clinton's value and talents either, just being realistic, no offense to Trudeau if he reads this in the future. 

Personally, I would even ask Mr. Trudeau to consider an exercise and ask himself, where would he be without his father's name today? 

100 % right, Bill convinced America that getting a blow job was not cheating....you have to have skill to be that convincing...

I really don't like Justin, but divorce is a tough horse to ride, plus maintain his job as well... not to mention his new fore head electrical charging station plug in and how painful that must be.... might be that new Chinese neural network we been hearing about, so he can get his orders through a little voice in his head now.. instead of a traceable e-mail... Just a question do all liberal party members have access to this new tech...or just the leader...

6 hours ago, Contrarian said:

She is definitely not Hillary Clinton to stand by her man but let's face it he is not a man of Bill Clinton's value and talents either, just being realistic, no offense to Trudeau if he reads this in the future. 

Personally, I would even ask Mr. Trudeau to consider an exercise and ask himself, where would he be without his father's name today? 

Uh, Hilary said that she wouldn't stand by her man like Tammy Wynette.  So your statement makes no sense. I think you completely misremember what was meant by Mrs. Clinton, or perhaps you never knew. If you get a chance, read up on that now, and the retort by Tammy W. 

8 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

I know very well she was talking about being her own person, a brilliant political tactic, yet, they stayed together for the optics to be a political powercouple moving forward, that was my point. 

You think HIlary was standing by her man when she said, she wasn't standing by her man like Tammy Wynette.   That's all I'm saying.  You are misunderstanding what Hilary meant back in the 90's.