Budweiser hires trans spokesperson and the right loses their mind

Any ways, you guys are way too late to the party to complain at this point. This is NOT the first trans that Bud has hired.

Remember this guy? Spuds Mckenzie? The most manly of dogs in the drinking world?

th?id=OIP.9fTaUJO1HRXmmkG8hCj-OwHaFj%26pid=Api&f=1&ipt=da8b74d7795bb8687eeb207080b66aafee728554082387062b84d759b3413595&ipo=images

Yep -  actually a biological female. :)

Edited by CdnFox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Any ways, you guys are way too late to the party to complain at this point. This is NOT the first trans that Bud has hired.

Remember this guy? Spuds Mckenzie? The most manly of dogs in the drinking world?

th?id=OIP.9fTaUJO1HRXmmkG8hCj-OwHaFj%26pid=Api&f=1&ipt=da8b74d7795bb8687eeb207080b66aafee728554082387062b84d759b3413595&ipo=images

Yep -  actually a biological female. :)

I know our politics differ on many subjects, but so far, I like your style CanadianFox.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Personally, I think that in time the world will look back at this transgender nonsense the same way they now do the satanic child abuse hysteria over preschools back in the 80s.

That it's a bit of a fad that's been taken a little too far and seriously is not something I dispute and I think conservatives reaction to it is what will stand out the most. I'm convinced half the reason people do make such an issue out of it is that its just about the easiest way to rattle a conservatives cage. I mean it wasn't that long ago that conservatives got all icky and convinced it was the end-of-the-world over guys with long hair and girls wearing pants.  I wouldn't be surprised if lots of conservatives were hippies themselves back in the day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

That it's a bit of a fad that's been taken a little too far and seriously is not something I dispute and I think conservatives reaction to it is what will stand out the most. I'm convinced half the reason people do make such an issue out of it is that its just about the easiest way to rattle a conservatives cage. I mean it wasn't that long ago that conservatives got all icky and convinced it was the end-of-the-world over guys with long hair and girls wearing pants.  I wouldn't be surprised if lots of conservatives were hippies themselves back in the day.

Agreed. 

9 hours ago, eyeball said:

That it's a bit of a fad that's been taken a little too far and seriously is not something I dispute and I think conservatives reaction to it is what will stand out the most. I'm convinced half the reason people do make such an issue out of it is that its just about the easiest way to rattle a conservatives cage.

I don't think all those children swept up in a fad and being given drugs and surgery by adults swept up by ideology is something to simply smile and wave at in hopes it goes away. People's lives are being ruined by this. It's more than a little more serious than hippies with long hair.

9 hours ago, eyeball said:

I mean it wasn't that long ago that conservatives got all icky and convinced it was the end-of-the-world over guys with long hair and girls wearing pants.  I wouldn't be surprised if lots of conservatives were hippies themselves back in the day.

And then they grew up. And still had their body parts intact.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

I don't think all those children swept up in a fad and being given drugs and surgery by adults swept up by ideology is something to simply smile and wave at in hopes it goes away. People's lives are being ruined by this. It's more than a little more serious than hippies with long hair.

And then they grew up. And still had their body parts intact.

Unfortunately, what's now happening is the decisions to resort to gender affirming care is being taken out of the hands of parents and doctor and laid at the feet of legislators who have absolutely no training nor experience in the field. 

I certainly agree with you that gender affirming surgery should not occur until a person is at least 18, unless not taking action would lead to other complications (such as suicide.)

21 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

Unfortunately, what's now happening is the decisions to resort to gender affirming care is being taken out of the hands of parents and doctor and laid at the feet of legislators who have absolutely no training nor experience in the field. 

I certainly agree with you that gender affirming surgery should not occur until a person is at least 18, unless not taking action would lead to other complications (such as suicide.)

The problem is that segments of the medical profession involved in this have not behaved with professionalism. The ideology has overtaken them and the view that those who say they are the wrong gender should not be questioned or disbelieved has taken over. In schools, children are accepted for their new gender and even assisted with hiding this from parents. One even provided breast binders to a young girl who thought herself a boy. Doctors have enthusiastically embraced instant acceptance of children's beliefs and treated them without the proper referrals to psychiatrists/psychologists for careful evaluation. We're leaving it up to kids we don't trust to drive or vote to make what could be life-changing decisions they don't properly understand the consequences of. And too many parents have been swept up in the ideology, as well, especially after being told by the 'experts' to not question their child's belief in their new gender.

Edited by I am Groot

10 hours ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

You are such a generous soul. Bless your heart.

To put it into terms you can relate to, just imagine how you would react if someone like Tucker Carlson or Sean Hannity was chosen to be a spokesman for some well known product. I'm pretty sure you and those that share your mindset would not buy those products. 

Am I wrong?

17 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Transgender people?

I think the more notable fact is that by doing this they have identified themselves firmly and proudly on one side of the culture wars. Which seems to me to be wildly against their own best interests. Why take a side and p1ss off half your potential customers?

I disagree. It’s clearly the conservative culture war

It’s not like Bud’s entire marketing strategy and brand is now based on this trans person. They did a little social media gig with ONE trans influencer, probably one of dozens of social Media influencers they do promos with.

Conservatives are overreacting to gin up controversy as per their usual M.O.

InBev is also a major global corporation with many large brands in its stable I highly doubt the entire corporation is tanking because of this one limited consumer boycott of this one brand  

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, eyeball said:

Lots were. But then a lot of 'em did something natural.

They grew up.

My take on this...meh...if they wanna appeal to Trannies, they should put fruit juice in the brew.

I never liked Bud. While living in Bohemia, I tried the original Budvar. Didn't like it much either.

But sales plummeted after this silly virtue-signal came out. Case closed.

Edited by Nationalist

18 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

The problem is that segments of the medical profession involved in this have not behaved with professionalism. The ideology has overtaken them and the view that those who say they are the wrong gender should not be questioned or disbelieved has taken over. In schools, children are accepted for their new gender and even assisted with hiding this from parents. One even provided breast binders to a young girl who thought herself a boy. Doctors have enthusiastically embraced instant acceptance of children's beliefs and treated them without the proper referrals to psychiatrists/psychologists for careful evaluation. We're leaving it up to kids we don't trust to drive or vote to make what could be life-changing decisions they don't properly understand the consequences of. And too many parents have been swept up in the ideology, as well, especially after being told by the 'experts' to not question their child's belief in their new gender.

Let's assume for a moment that all the overblown hyperbole generated by by right-wing media were true. You are still advocating taking the choice out of the hands of parents and trained medical professionals and placing it in the hands of legislators. And, IMHO, that should be avoided at all costs.

Edited by CrakHoBarbie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

Becasue suicide would not be a red flag or anything, .... maybe all that is needed is a mental health expert to see the patient before we dig out the surgical instruments...Solve those mental health issues, and perhaps we don't need all the others 

2 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Becasue suicide would not be a red flag or anything, .... maybe all that is needed is a mental health expert to see the patient before we dig out the surgical instruments...Solve those mental health issues, and perhaps we don't need all the others 

Multiple psychological assessments are the norm in such cases.

Edited by CrakHoBarbie

1 minute ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

Multiple mental assessments are the norm in such cases.

I'm sure they are a norm, but if suicide is still the leading cause or answer to getting this procedure then the mental health issue is not been solved. One would think that before any procedures are done, that the mental health issues are solved first...

Budweiser. Rice beer, you say?  Phhh...    ?  It wasn't worth drinking before. Sure is hella not worth it now.

Why would they do this anyway? What kind of beer needs to go woke? Answer - the ones who suck. I mean figuratively, metaphorically. Not...  

In other words failed product. Use wokism as marketing campaign. And of course, the suckers go for it.

I would not drink that swill in any case. Let alone Bud Light.

Am a Coors light man...

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

I disagree. It’s clearly the conservative culture war

It’s not like Bud’s entire marketing strategy and brand is now based on this trans person. They did a little social media gig with ONE trans influencer, probably one of dozens of social Media influencers they do promos with.

Conservatives are overreacting to gin up controversy as per their usual M.O.

InBev is also a major global corporation with many large brands in its stable I highly doubt the entire corporation is tanking because of this one limited consumer boycott of this one brand  

Is this just a conservative problem, or is this your opinion or do you have a source to back all this up... I think the problem is a little more complicated than splitting it down political lines...

Bud decided to stick it's feet into this new social space and it cost them, todate more than 6 billion dollars, I'm sure it is not going to tank them... but they are going to feel this failure for some time....

8 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Is this just a conservative problem, or is this your opinion or do you have a source to back all this up... I think the problem is a little more complicated than splitting it down political lines...

Bud decided to stick it's feet into this new social space and it cost them, todate more than 6 billion dollars, I'm sure it is not going to tank them... but they are going to feel this failure for some time....

I doubt it. Their stock has already began to rebound. And you may of noticed, they didn't fire the trans spokesperson.

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/bud

5 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

I doubt it. Their stock has already began to rebound. And you may of noticed, they didn't fire the trans spokesperson.

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/bud

Sure it is, but the fact remains it still lost 6 bil, and I'm sure they are discussing the future add campaigns, and who it features, and maybe they stick with their spokesperson for the long run... one has to ask just how big this trans market is, and how much are they willing to risk by chasing it.  6 bil dollars thats a lot of beer, can the trans community make that up. 

24 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Sure it is, but the fact remains it still lost 6 bil, and I'm sure they are discussing the future add campaigns, and who it features, and maybe they stick with their spokesperson for the long run... one has to ask just how big this trans market is, and how much are they willing to risk by chasing it.  6 bil dollars thats a lot of beer, can the trans community make that up. 

I don't understand the problem.  If the majority of adults in the States supports equal rights for trans people, why are so many getting their panties in a knot because a person who happens to be trans has a job opportunity that's in front of the public?  Why is there any push to cancel this person through putting pressure on the employer?  How is that different than pressuring a university to cancel a speaker a group disapproves of?  

3 minutes ago, dialamah said:

why are so many getting their panties in a knot because a person who happens to be trans has a job opportunity that's in front of the public? 

I have to admit - i haven't' followed this case closely (nobody in canada drinks bud light, or at least if they do they're not willing to admit it) but usually in cases like this the undergarment clumpage is due to feeling like this was foisted on them for the purpose of demanding they agree with it.  In other words, it stops just being an ad about the beer they like and is now weaponizing a product they like to try to force them to agree to something they may or may not want to.

Nobody likes that.