Budweiser hires trans spokesperson and the right loses their mind

InBev, the international conglomerate that owns the Bud Light beer brand, hired a trans woman spokesperson..... And the religious zealot alt-right Jethro's have lost their minds over it.

Bud light appears to have taken a 5billion dollar hit over their decision, proving just how many transphobic bigots there still are here stateside.

But I applaud their efforts at inclusion and their efforts at the ongoing normalization of trans here in America.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-pop-culture/bud-light-partnership-trans-influencer-dylan-mulvaney-prompts-rightwin-rcna78295&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwic2Lju76n-AhXBIEQIHYWJDekQFnoECAMQAg&usg=AOvVaw3y-wovcFD1r-48oH_YlMCv

In-Bev spends millions doing market research. They know their target audience. Prior to doing this.. they did extensive research and they are motivated by the bottom line above all things. Therefore.. it was a calculated gamble. My guess is that this will blow over and be mostly forgotten by summer 2023. The same happened with kneeling by NFL players. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

n-Bev spends millions doing market research. They know their target audience.

Funny thing, Many companies seem to find that when the y spend a lot on market research the market researchers wind up somehow getting an 'agenda' sucked into their figures.

This has cost many companies a lot of money. Gillette for example - a company that literally makes most of it's money selling mens shaving gear somehow got it into their heads after 'market research' that making an advert totally trashing men was a good idea. Other companies have had similar incidents

I don't know how it happens but it does occasionally seem to, that a big market research budget sometimes comes back with stupidity like that.

• Like 2

I had to give up Excel chewing gum because it's for lesbians.

As for Bud Lite... the p1ss water of p1ss waters
we used to joke the urinals in the pubs in Tsawassen drained directly into the kegs in the Breakers pub in Washington....

Edited by herbie

3 hours ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

InBev, the international conglomerate that owns the Bud Light beer brand, hired a trans woman spokesperson..... And the religious zealot alt-right Jethro's have lost their minds over it.

Bud light appears to have taken a 5billion dollar hit over their decision, proving just how many transphobic bigots there still are here stateside.

But I applaud their efforts at inclusion and their efforts at the ongoing normalization of trans here in America.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-pop-culture/bud-light-partnership-trans-influencer-dylan-mulvaney-prompts-rightwin-rcna78295&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwic2Lju76n-AhXBIEQIHYWJDekQFnoECAMQAg&usg=AOvVaw3y-wovcFD1r-48oH_YlMCv

Wouldn't this be an example of cancel culture, but from the conservative side? Let's be honest here. Cancel culture has been an often used weapon by leftists for years now. Why is it a fair tactic only if the left uses it?

Top 10 recent examples of cancel culture - Washington Times

How has your side reacted with anything that has the Trump brand?

I can't recall if I have ever had a Bud Light in my life. I didn't know who this Dylan Mulvaney guy was until this Bud Light story went crazy but I would pass on buying that brand now. I would rather see these big companies concentrate on business and not social engineering.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

In-Bev spends millions doing market research. They know their target audience. 

Transgender people?

I think the more notable fact is that by doing this they have identified themselves firmly and proudly on one side of the culture wars. Which seems to me to be wildly against their own best interests. Why take a side and p1ss off half your potential customers?

Edited by I am Groot
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Transgender people?

I think the more notable fact is that by doing this they have identified themselves firmly and proudly on one side of the culture wars. Which seems to me to be wildly against their own best interests. Why take a side and p1ss off half your potential customers?

how do you think is the target demographic for sales? Hint... it is not the 65 year old  + crowd

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

Transgender people?

Because they know they're on the correct side of history and that catering to the customers you're talking about would hurt them, especially if they tailored their ads around these customers values.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ironstone said:

Wouldn't this be an example of cancel culture, but from the conservative side? Let's be honest here. Cancel culture has been an often used weapon by leftists for years now. Why is it a fair tactic only if the left uses it?

I can't recall if I have ever had a Bud Light in my life. I didn't know who this Dylan Mulvaney guy was until this Bud Light story went crazy but I would pass on buying that brand now.

I'm just wondering why anyone cares about what spokesperson InBev hires. 

1 hour ago, ironstone said:

I would rather see these big companies concentrate on business and not social engineering.

Would you feel that they were attempting "social engineering" if they hired Pedro Pascal?

Do you see the absurdity of your statement?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Why would you assume half their potential customers disagree with them, or even care?

You think those people who vote Republican will cheer on such a move? This is like all the trouble Disney has brought down on itself for getting involved in the culture war in Florida. 

Edited by I am Groot

4 hours ago, ironstone said:

I can't recall if I have ever had a Bud Light in my life. I didn't know who this Dylan Mulvaney guy was until this Bud Light story went crazy but I would pass on buying that brand now. I would rather see these big companies concentrate on business and not social engineering.

Right wing Jethro's have already shown what transphobic bigots they are by shooting up cases of bud. InBev has shown they could give a shit less, because Ms. Mulvaney is still their spokesperson. Bud wanted to move away from their Jethro clientele, which they paid a price for. But, their stock is already rebounding.

I'm smiling at all the butt heart bigots frenzying out about it.

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

Because they know they're on the correct side of history

Everyone on the Left says the same thing about the culture war. They're side is blessed by God and shall prevail. Not that they believe in God, of course. Personally, I think that in time the world will look back at this transgender nonsense the same way they now do the satanic child abuse hysteria over preschools back in the 80s.

A majority of Americans favor protecting transgender people from discrimination, but a rising share say a person's gender is determined by their sex assigned at birth, and most support trans sports bans, a new poll from the Pew Research Center found.

The survey of more than 10,000 adults, which was conducted May 16-22 and published Tuesday, found that 60% say a person's gender is determined at birth, up from 56% in 2021 and 54% in 2017.

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

and that catering to the customers you're talking about would hurt them, especially if they tailored their ads around these customers values.

Half the US votes Republican. And perhaps I'm wrong but I'd suggest more of them are beer drinkers than in the other half.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-politics-and-policy/rising-share-americans-say-gender-determined-birth-assigned-sex-poll-f-rcna35560

Edited by I am Groot

1 minute ago, I am Groot said:

You think those people who vote Republican will cheer on such a move? This is like all the trouble Disney has brought down on itself for getting involved in the culture war in Florida. 

America has been getting more and more progressive since inception. I remember back when Republicans thought they could stop the influence of Rock and Roll.

They failed then.... They will fail now. 

No matter how much they whine and whing and complain, they will never stop time from progressing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

America has been getting more and more progressive since inception

Do you know the origin? Progressives originally believed in eugenics to purify the gene pool. 

4 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

No matter how much they whine and whing and complain, they will never stop time from progressing.

In other words, every idea progressives have is right? Every policy they advocate is always correct and will always succeed? 

5 hours ago, ironstone said:

No, but it edges pretty close.  Cancel culture is where you go after and try to harm a person for what they say or represent etc. You demand they be fired for their personal views or the like. This is more people deciding not to spend money on bud.

When you punish a company for what it's stance is or activities are then it's called a boycott,  and honestly while it is different i don't really approve TOO much of that either but then again as a consumer  you're going to buy the product you identify with. I mean, that's the point of advertising. Why would you give your money to someone who's supporting something you don't approve of.

5 hours ago, ironstone said:

And that's fair.

9 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

Right wing Jethro's have already shown what transphobic bigots they are by shooting up cases of bud. InBev has shown they could give a shit less, because Ms. Mulvaney is still their spokesperson. Bud wanted to move away from their Jethro clientele, which they paid a price for. But, their stock is already rebounding.

I'm smiling at all the butt heart bigots frenzying out about it.

What do you mean by Jethro clientele? As in frat boy booze fest partying?

Out-of-touch Bud Light exec is seen in new pics downing beers at wild Harvard party  | Daily Mail Online

InBev is certainly free to use MR.Mulvaney as a spokesperson if they like.