Is Leftism a kind of Religion?

55 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It doesn't. You're simply not thinking straight. It wasn't the vaccination that caused the vaccinated to keep up their diligence.

It was the fact there were/are still so many unvaccinated people who don't care or believe that they're a threat to public health that compelled normal people to protect themselves.

Do you really still think vaccination against C-19 is making a substantial difference to public health?  Okay I’ll assume you do.  Do you still think that mandating people to be vaccinated against C-19 is necessary and that penalties such as losing one’s job are fair?

People on the left say a lot about how authoritarian conservatives are, but for me a great litmus test for who is actually an authoritarian, left or right, depends very much on what people think about dictates such as vaccine mandates, at least where it’s clear that the vaccine doesn’t prevent getting a disease, where the disease isn’t deadly for the vast majority of people, and where vaccination doesn’t stop the spread of the disease.

What people claim to be and what they actually do can be quite different, which is why a lot of the traditional associations with the political parties must be thrown out the window today.  The traditional workers’ parties seem to be full of elitists who deplore workers.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Even CdnFox can't keep it straight. I do know however that placing his words in a quote box with my name on it is a new low in the pantheon of slimy attempts to pick a fight.

$10 says that despite all his contrary hooey about COVID CdnFox is fully vaccinated, up to date on his boosters and still wears a mask when driving.

Edited by eyeball

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

I'm sorry i lie all the time but....

LOL - now you're just making up stories are you :) Sorry kiddo, i quoted you.

And i love that you decided to so something that YOU claim is a 'new low".  :)

Hey - we all understand how upsetting it is for someone like you when you make up crap and then are forced to admit you lied.  I'm sure it hurts to get caught. But - adding MORE lies on to it doesn't make it better.

55 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

That’s not my question, and my question was asked of eyeball because of his particular stance on vaccines.  

Everything unfolded like the governments said it would…..  all measures were temporary.  You could argue with the timing, but claiming any Canadian government was “authoritarian” in reaction to a public health crisis is hyperbole at best.  

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Even CdnFox can't keep it straight. I do know however that placing his words in a quote box with my name on it is a new low in the pantheon of slimy attempts to pick a fight.

$10 days that despite all his contrary hooey about COVID CdnFox is fully vaccinated, up to date on his boosters and still wears a mask when driving.

So - just a note for everyone. His orginal post included a false quote from me - and then claimed i falsely quoted him.

AFTER i pointed that out in my next post he WENT BACK AND EDITED THOSE COMMENTS OUT OF THIS POST.

Pretty slimy.

8 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

That’s for sure!  

It's also untrue, at least until AFTER he did it with me in the seciton you quoted. BUt as you can see - when he got called on it he went back and edited out the fake quote he did of me.

So the new low would be his, and he's since tried to cover it up :)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Everything unfolded like the governments said it would…..  all measures were temporary.  You could argue with the timing, but claiming any Canadian government was “authoritarian” in reaction to a public health crisis is hyperbole at best.  

Your opinion.  I think our government acted in an authoritarian manner.  Many US commentators do as well, including on the left.  That’s one reason DeSantis has a big following, but of course CBC and the EA Inquiry said the Emergencies Act was warranted so everything is awesome.  Anyway, I was questioning eyeball on his particular opinion.  No need to proxy for him.  

31 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Not hyperbole at all.

1) Long before the vaccines ever came out, the data was clear about the risk of covid to healthy, young people. It was ZERO.

2) Shortly after the vaccine came out, and long before we had vaccinated a substantial percentage of at-risk Canadians jabbed, data came back from Israel showing that 50% of the patients in the ICUs were double-vaxed. That means that, regardless of how well the "vaccines" theoretically performed in the lab, they were not preventing infection in the general public. 

^That^ means, without a doubt, that the "vaccines" would not prevent young people from getting covid or from spreading it

Seeing as young, healthy people didn't need the vax at all for themselves, and being dbl-jabbed wasn't preventing people in Israel from getting sick enough with covid that they ended up in ICUs en masse, there was absolutely no proof that the jabs were necessary (or even beneficial) for young, healthy people in any way, shape or form. 

The only real benefit that I can see from vaxing young, healthy people is that they definitely won't die, and the existence of the Pfizer juice in their veins puts them into the 'vaxed' category, where they would pump up the vax's apparent success rates against covid. 

Everything I said above is 100% true and easily verifiable. If there's anything that you question, just mention it politely and I will find the proof of it for you. 

From that point right there, the gov't went ahead with the decision to present young, healthy people with an ultimatum:

1) take the vaccine, or

2) lose your job, and be unable to collect CERB and EI, in the middle of a massive, nationwide job layoff scenario. 

I.e., the gov't put a financial gun to people's heads. It was coercion at almost a live or die level. People who chose not to vax could lose their homes and be left scrambling to feed their children, no joke. 

If you are too heartless to admit that, I will lose all respect for you. 

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Do you really still think vaccination against C-19 is making a substantial difference to public health?  Okay I’ll assume you do.

I honestly don't know, we're pretty much just talking about what happened in the not so distant past. Things are obviously not as bad now but that's the thing isn't it, you guys were convinced it was never bad - no more than a flu that was killing a few old farts. It's like the whole concept of the term novel virus and why it was used was completely lost on you. You guys acted like you knew everything you needed to know before it was even possible to know.

People on the left say a lot about how authoritarian conservatives are, but for me a great litmus test for who is actually an authoritarian, left or right, depends very much on what people think about dictates such as vaccine mandates, at least where it’s clear that the vaccine doesn’t prevent getting a disease, where the disease isn’t deadly for the vast majority of people, and where vaccination doesn’t stop the spread of the disease.

I think people are saying a lot more about how pigheaded ignorant and paranoid conservatives are because they view the left as being worse than any diseases known to man.

I pointed out early in the game that COVID's favorite vector is stupidity and boy oh boy did you guys ever demonstrate that in spades.

What people claim to be and what they actually do can be quite different, which is why a lot of the traditional associations with the political parties must be thrown out the window today.  The traditional workers’ parties seem to be full of elitists who deplore workers.

You really need to follow your own advice.

Your thinking is completely bent out of shape by all the baked in assumptions about the left that you're fully subscribed to.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

It's also untrue, at least until AFTER he did it with me in the seciton you quoted. BUt as you can see - when he got called on it he went back and edited out the fake quote he did of me.

If that's the case you should be able to provide a link to the post - so you'd be able to see I actually made an edit.

You can't do that though because it didn't happen.

Here's there link to the post you said I edited btw. See anything to indicate that I did?

https://repolitics.com/forums/topic/44123-is-leftism-a-kind-of-religion/?do=findComment&comment=1585887

You should see the same thing you see at the bottom of this post.

Edited by eyeball

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

So - just a note for everyone. His orginal post included a false quote from me - and then claimed i falsely quoted him.

AFTER i pointed that out in my next post he WENT BACK AND EDITED THOSE COMMENTS OUT OF THIS POST.

Pretty slimy.

You could go back even further in time to edit out what I quoted you saying but it would still show up in the post you said I edited. You'll still be stuck trying to prove I edited things the way you said without the edited by tag at the bottom of my post that'll be kinda difficult.

Face it pal you've pwned yourself like no one else in the history of pwning.

On 4/13/2023 at 1:43 PM, CdnFox said:

Well lets think about that.

You're suggesting that in essense nobody should have a right to their body.

No, I was never in favor of forced vaccinations. But in certain situations, I think you shouldn't be allowed to participate unless you're vaccinated against highly contagious diseases. I also think that, while you shouldn't be forced to bath, there are certain areas that you should be banned from if you're covered in shit.

How about after you're hired he demands that you take birth control pills or get fired? Get 'vaccinated' against pregnancy?

So if it's a private company, I think that should be legal. If it's a government job, then no, because it's not a public health issue.

The idea with public health is that, while you can destroy your own body if you want, you shouldn't be allowed to destroy other people's bodies. That's why we have laws about where you can smoke.

You're in the wrong here. 

I'm never wrong.

Edited by Americana Antifa

On 4/13/2023 at 3:01 PM, WestCanMan said:

You must realize how sad it is, that your best comeback is just to make a cile, baseless accusation against somebody else, right?

Bruh. I've seen you push the nazi theory of cultural marxism here. I don't think you'd be all that upset with the KKK in charge.

What do you fail to understand is that you’re comparing

1) actual, working vaccines that have nearly 100% success rate of saving peoples lives from viruses which will actually kill them, to

2) a pseudo vaccine, which was proven not to work almost instantly after it came out, and forcing that on people who actually don’t need it at all.

I find debating conspiracy theories kinda boring. Like, I can bring up the fact that the covid vaccine also has a nearly 100% success race, but you'll just counter with five more lies you heard from Alex Jones.

The covid conspiracies don't even make sense anymore. At one point they at least could have been true, the lockdowns were a way of easing people into authoritarianism, things like that. Those theories were stupid, but I guess they could have been true. But now the lockdowns have ended. So if the whole thing was a "plandemic" then what was the point?

Unlike you, being the credulous person that you are, some people are pretty good at figuring out when they’ve been lied to, and they don’t respond kindly to it.

You're conservative, you like being lied to.

On 4/13/2023 at 3:05 PM, WestCanMan said:

No, they don’t. Are you insane?

Show me one movement that has never had a few violent fringe people.

On 4/13/2023 at 3:05 PM, WestCanMan said:

Antifa members really are that stupid, that violent, and you choose to support them. That’s exactly where we’re at. Full stop. You are, by choice, a part of a violent extremist group.

Right-wing media is literally using the exact same logic to say "transgenderism" is a violent extremist group. 

On 4/13/2023 at 3:38 PM, herbie said:

Don't waste your breath with these pinheads. They insist they were forced to be vaxxed but they didn't and still claim they were. Whiney babies acting like Holocaust victims, who's personal eccentricities were more important to impose on others and above their job or providing for their families.

Most conservatards are too far gone, but you can make them look stupid to the normies who come here to just read the threads. And there appears to be quite a lot of them here.

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

If that's the case you should be able to provide a link to the post - so you'd be able to see I actually made an edit.

There you go - everyone can see you edited it and you can see that suddenly "my" quote is now blank. Previously you had your own text in there.

Edit - here's the link

null

You can't do that though because it didn't happen.

I just did.

Here's there link to the post you said I edited btw. See anything to indicate that I did?

https://repolitics.com/forums/topic/44123-is-leftism-a-kind-of-religion/?do=findComment&comment=1585887

You should see the same thing you see at the bottom of this post.

That isn't even close to the quote. Nice try.

Your lies are catching up with you kiddo :)

Edited by CdnFox

1 hour ago, Americana Antifa said:

Bruh. I've seen you push the nazi theory of cultural marxism here. I don't think you'd be all that upset with the KKK in charge.

Who said that it's a Nazi theory that people who say there are communists are communists?

Bernie is a communist. The leaders of the BLM movement said right on their own website that they are "trained Marxists". 

Just because some Nazis somewhere correctly identified a bunch of people as Nazis doesn't mean that anyone else who tells the truth about them is a Nazi.  

FYI the KKK is a Dem militia. They don't admit to it anymore, but no one stokes racial division like the Dems. 

I hate the KKK as much as I hate you and your fascist org.

I find debating conspiracy theories kinda boring. Like, I can bring up the fact that the covid vaccine also has a nearly 100% success race, but you'll just counter with five more lies you heard from Alex Jones.

A 100% success rate of what? Are you kidding me right now?

Covid deaths didn't drop 1 iota after we vaxed 85% of Canadians. They went up by 30%. How is that a "success rate"? Was it supposed to do nothing?

Those numbers are from the Toronto Star by the way, and you'll be hard pressed to find a bigger sycophant horde in all of recorded history than the Star, and their noses are all way up in Trudeau's butt.

Almost 90% of the covid deaths in Canada were among the multi-vaxed between June 19 and Sept 25 of last year. How is that a 100% success rate? You're a ____ing retard if you think it has a 100% success rate lol. 

You're a cultist, through and through, but to be fair, I did say that I would respect leftists who addressed the topic directly, and you did talk about, so I guess that makes you a better person than some others here. That's nothing to hang your hat on though.

You're gonna have to at least throw down a quote or a site or something to back up your "100%" drivel (or should that say 100% drivel?), or your post will count as a vote for "cultist". 

The covid conspiracies don't even make sense anymore.

They aren't conspiracies anymore, they are all true now.

So if the whole thing was a "plandemic" then what was the point?

To get people hooked on the juice. Pfizer sells 30ml vials of water for $100 now.

There are at least 10M Canadians and 100M Americans who are vax-cultists now, and will faithfully inject whatever they're told to for the rest of their lives now. 

The scary thing for the unvaxed isn't covid, it's the knowledge that all of the Dems' and Liberals' biggest sycophants are all protected against something, and they all expect the unprotected to die. 

If those evil fascist bastards really want to win the next election, and free up a lot of real estate and money for their chosen ones, they already have an unstoppable path to victory. 

You're conservative, you like being lied to.

Blah, blah, blah. You're completely talking out of your arse now. 

AFAIK even the second most credulous person on this forum doesn't think the vaxes are 100% successful lol. 

2 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

Show me one movement that has never had a few violent fringe people.

The Conservatives in Canada.

I've never heard of a single person who claimed that their devotion to the PCs of Canada caused them to strike another human being. 

We just had our biggest protest ever, it involved thousands of people for several weeks and no one even tipped over a garbage can.

They were literally protesting to protect young people from being forced to inject a substance into their arm that they didn't want or need, and which had already been proven to be completely ineffective.

Right-wing media is literally using the exact same logic to say "transgenderism" is a violent extremist group. 

The transgenders have a very violent fringe. They even have their own terrorist mass murderer now. 

TBH I'm sure that there are a lot of really well-meaning, caring, conscientious people who are trans who aren't in favour of their fellow trans dressing up as sexy as possible to read to little children, who don't feel like girls should have to let any guy into their bathroom who suddenly tucks in his junk one day, who don't feel like guidance counsellors should be able to put kids on the path to castration without the knowledge or consent of their parents, and who don't feel like guys should be allowed to tuck in their junk just so that they can win gold medals from the girls, etc, but they're afraid to speak up. 'Cause like I said, the trans have a very violent fringe, and they're also aggressive cancel culture fascists. 

2 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

No, I was never in favor of forced vaccinations.

Wait, what? You're one of the furthest-left people here and you weren't sucked in to the point hwere you felt like people should be forced to vax?

Weren't you just complaining here a couple of days ago about the fact that you had to take real vaccines in order to infect children with your terrorist screed? 

40 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

You should attend a conservative caucus in the USA, have a coffee, and converse with them to see that it's not as bad as you think. 

I guarantee like 90% of them would support Trump, DeSantis, or both.

Conservatives are deranged authoritarians. When Biden talks about "MAGA Republicans," he's playing nice. Virtually all Republicans are MAGA Republicans.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

There you go - everyone can see you edited it and you can see that suddenly "my" quote is now blank. Previously you had your own text in there.

Edit - here's the link

null

I just did.

That isn't even close to the quote. Nice try.

Your lies are catching up with you kiddo :)

Your quote was always blank to imply you said nothing, whatever edit I made was to correct a misspelled word.  If you want to see what a real smoking gun is click on the little arrow to the right of your name in that empty box and you'll be directed to the post in which you put your words in a text box with my name on it. In two boxes in fact.

Here's a screenshot of your post with the words you wrote but then attributed to me.

image.thumb.png.655f9cd9dfd5b73e54ad9d1f0454bb8b.png

Maybe I hacked your account?

Your move.