Russian Army collapsing - the unsurprising failure of a police-state

Moonbox

18 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Speaking of retarded things, you started this thread a year ago now, claiming the Russian army was collapsing.

I said that as the Russian army was tucking its tail between its legs and fleeing hundreds of kilometers of territory in Kherson and Kharkiv provinces, against an army less than 1/4 its size.  Most of that post was about how pathetic and dysfunctional the Russia state apparatus (and their army) was, and continues to be.  

18 minutes ago, sharkman said:

That was retarded.  They haven’t collapsed nor been forced out of Ukraine, though billions have been spent to oust them.

They conscripted hundreds of thousands of peasant-soldiers to hide behind trenches and minefields.  The Russian army, great superpower that it supposedly is, has done nothing since then but lose territory to an army with no airforce and equipped with Europe and NATO's surplus equipment.  ?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I said that as the Russian army was tucking its tail between its legs and fleeing hundreds of kilometers of territory in Kherson and Kharkiv provinces, against an army less than 1/4 its size.  Most of that post was about how pathetic and dysfunctional the Russia state apparatus (and their army) was, and continues to be.  

They conscripted hundreds of thousands of peasant-soldiers to hide behind trenches and minefields.  The Russian army, great superpower that it supposedly is, has done nothing since then but lose territory to an army with no airforce and equipped with Europe and NATO's surplus equipment.  ?

I’m not that interested in what your propaganda sources say since they were so wrong in predicting the Russian army collapse.

The point being, it hasn’t collapsed.  Not even close and it’s still there in Ukraine in spite of everything.  Which is too bad, but it is what it is.

2 hours ago, sharkman said:

I’m not that interested in what your propaganda sources say since they were so wrong in predicting the Russian army collapse.

They weren't predicting anything.  They were saying what as happening at the time - the Russian army melting away and retreating.  

As for my prediction, it was obviously premature, and hopeful, but I wouldn't count on it being wrong yet.  

Edited by Moonbox
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Shooting your own troops is not what an army in good shape is going to be doing.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-67234144

I think Moonbox has a pretty realistic grasp of conditions in Russia today.   I have a very good friend from Russia (PhD in nuclear physics) and another American (PhD in cultural anthropology) who was in Moscow from the start of Gorbachev into early Yeltsin and I can tell you there are a lot of very smart people there, but the results of a communist system followed by what has devolved into an oligarchy and then a simply corrupt dictatorship are an anathema to the will and well being of the people and the country.

Edited by cannuck

On 10/29/2023 at 11:14 AM, cannuck said:

Shooting your own troops is not what an army in good shape is going to be doing.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-67234144

I think Moonbox has a pretty realistic grasp of conditions in Russia today.   I have a very good friend from Russia (PhD in nuclear physics) and another American (PhD in cultural anthropology) who was in Moscow from the start of Gorbachev into early Yeltsin and I can tell you there are a lot of very smart people there, but the results of a communist system followed by what has devolved into an oligarchy and then a simply corrupt dictatorship are an anathema to the will and well being of the people and the country.

I think Moonbox is a lemming. Ukraine was never gonna win jack-shit here. They've lost the ethnic Russian provinces that declared independence from Ukraine. 

Russia and Putin are what they are today. But Russia could not lose this little war.

And they won't. It's always been a pure numbers game.

On 10/31/2023 at 9:20 PM, Nationalist said:

I think Moonbox is a lemming. Ukraine was never gonna win jack-shit here. They've lost the ethnic Russian provinces that declared independence from Ukraine. 

They punted Russia's donkey soldiers out of Kiev, Kharkiv and Kherson, and (at least) forced a stalement against what was supposed to be the world's second most powerful military, which is now revealed dysfunctional circus using garbage equipment.  

Russia couldn't have been much more humiliated than it is, and Putin's revision of objectives after the fact is only convincing the smooth-brains of "victory".  That's you by the way.  ?

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

They punted Russia's donkey soldiers out of Kiev, Kharkiv and Kherson, and (at least) forced a stalement against what was supposed to be the world's second most powerful military, which is now revealed dysfunctional circus using garbage equipment.  

Russia couldn't have been much more humiliated than it is, and Putin's revision of objectives after the fact is only convincing the smooth-brains of "victory".  That's you by the way.  ?

See what I mean @cannuck?

Lemming.

On 11/6/2023 at 8:40 AM, OftenWrong said:

Russkies know how to drag a war out. Putin says, is better to keep Ukraine in a perpetual state of war than hand it to NATO. There doesn't need to be an end-game.

Well...that would certainly please moon-bat and his merry band of death-cultists.

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Well...that would certainly please moon-bat and his merry band of death-cultists.

I don't see how it would. Moon-knucklehead and his band of merry deathcultists would like to see Russia totally annihilated. For the Uke's they "merely" shed crocodile tears.

10 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I don't see how it would. Moon-knucklehead and his band of merry deathcultists would like to see Russia totally annihilated. For the Uke's they "merely" shed crocodile tears.

Well...ok that's true. But the very idea of Russian annihilation is a level of stupid even these cultists must know is...well...stupid. No?

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Well...ok that's true. But the very idea of Russian annihilation is a level of stupid even these cultists must know is...well...stupid. No?

Everything these cultists have learned about war and life comes from playing long sessions of "Call of Duty", into the wee hours of the morning. ;) 

• Haha 1

On 11/6/2023 at 6:40 AM, OftenWrong said:

Russkies know how to drag a war out. Putin says, is better to keep Ukraine in a perpetual state of war than hand it to NATO. There doesn't need to be an end-game.

Russia is going to be in such a state of disarray when this war ends.  They already have experienced 300,000 casualties.  If we look at the demographics of Russia, there are 147 million people. However, the Russians ahve had issues with population decline, as there are more people over 55 than under 18. 

Also, the vast majority of the military is 18-40 year old men. My guess is the number of men aged 18-40 would be roughly 25-30 million people. So already they have lost over 1% of that age group. This may seem like not that much, but a disproportionate number of recruits are from prison, rural areas, and non-Russian satellite states like Chechnya and Dagestan.

It's only a matter of time before they either run out of recruits from these areas, and have to draft young men in the larger predominantly Russian cities. Shit is going to hit the fan when young  middle class people from Moscow and St.Petersberg are forced to fight in Ukraine.

4 hours ago, DUI_Offender said:

Russia is going to be in such a state of disarray when this war ends.  They already have experienced 300,000 casualties.  If we look at the demographics of Russia, there are 147 million people. However, the Russians ahve had issues with population decline, as there are more people over 55 than under 18. 

Also, the vast majority of the military is 18-40 year old men. My guess is the number of men aged 18-40 would be roughly 25-30 million people. So already they have lost over 1% of that age group. This may seem like not that much, but a disproportionate number of recruits are from prison, rural areas, and non-Russian satellite states like Chechnya and Dagestan.

It's only a matter of time before they either run out of recruits from these areas, and have to draft young men in the larger predominantly Russian cities. Shit is going to hit the fan when young  middle class people from Moscow and St.Petersberg are forced to fight in Ukraine.

Meanwhile...and accepting what you think is true...Ukraine has already run out of bodies. 

This "war" is over. The US and NATO are already looking for an exit.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Meanwhile...and accepting what you think is true...Ukraine has already run out of bodies. 

This "war" is over. The US and NATO are already looking for an exit.

LOL...Oh wha's a matter @DUI_Offender?

Truth don't fit your fancy?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

LOL...Oh wha's a matter @DUI_Offender?

Truth don't fit your fancyQuit?

Quit binge watching Russian propaganda videos and news, and you may get a sense of how the war is actually going.  Win or lose, Russia will be in far worse shape than 20 20 months ago, since this war will set the nation back for decades. 

The myth of Russia being this "superpower" has been exposed as a paper tiger.

Edited by DUI_Offender

5 minutes ago, DUI_Offender said:

Quit binge watching Russian propaganda videos and news, and you may get a sense of how the war is actually going.

WASHINGTON — U.S. and European officials have begun quietly talking to the Ukrainian government about what possible peace negotiations with Russia might entail to end the war, according to one current senior U.S. official and one former senior U.S. official familiar with the discussions.

The conversations have included very broad outlines of what Ukraine might need to give up to reach a deal, the officials said. Some of the talks, which officials described as delicate, took place last month during a meeting of representatives from more than 50 nations supporting Ukraine, including NATO members, known as the Ukraine Defense Contact Group, the officials said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/us-european-officials-broach-topic-peace-negotiations-ukraine-sources-rcna123628

Is NBC now on your "shit list"? Is NBC now "Russian propaganda"?

I get it...you hate Russians. A lot of people do. But your hatred does not alter reality.

Ukraine never stood a snowball's chance in Hell of maintaining the eastern provinces. They, along with Crimea, were already gone before Russia ever entered Ukraine.

My father always reminded me as a kid...A man is judged by how he wins AND how he loses.