Russian Army collapsing - the unsurprising failure of a police-state

Moonbox

On 3/10/2024 at 12:51 PM, Moonbox said:

Pretty easy to win an election when you murder or disallow any real opposing candidates.  🤡

Did Zelenski just get re-elected or something? Biden?

Oh, my bad, you weren't supposed to know. 

NVM.

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Eastern European countries that were under the Soviet boot for almost 50 years know who the real threat is.

That's odd...because my 86 year old Czech mother in law, thinks this is all stupid.

So does the elderly Ukrainian woman who lives with her.

36 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

That's odd...because my 86 year old Czech mother in law, thinks this is all stupid.

So does the elderly Ukrainian woman who lives with her.

So they yearn for the good old days when Russian tanks were in the streets of Prague. All these eastern European countries joined NATO for a reason and it wasn't the US.

42 minutes ago, Aristides said:

So they yearn for the good old days when Russian tanks were in the streets of Prague. All these eastern European countries joined NATO for a reason and it wasn't the US.

No. But they don't like bullshit either. They've seen a lot of it and recognize it immediately.

Edited by Nationalist

Obviously, the war matters more to Putin than it does to us in the West and in North America especially. We are a long way from the current front line. 40% of Russian spending is now on the military. We certainly have the capacity to prevail but do we have the stamina to wait Putin out? He’s banking on us giving up or a Trump presidency. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

No. But they don't like bullshit either. They've seen a lot of it and recognize it immediately.

They think Putin should be allowed to absorb Ukraine. They don't think Ukraine has a right to exist but believe the Czech Republic does. Or do they just want to be a Russian satellite again with Russian troops based in their country?

Edited by Aristides

34 minutes ago, Aristides said:

They think Putin should be allowed to absorb Ukraine. They don't think Ukraine has a right to exist but believe the Czech Republic does. Or do they just want to be a Russian satellite again with Russian troops based in their country?

No not really. Most Czechs that I know, don't really trust anyone. They've been under someone's thumb forever...almost. They don't trust the Germans as much as they don't trust the Russians...or the French...or the Brits...and nobody should trust a Dutchman... ;)

They don't think Russia is coming to eat all of Europe. This line of thinking...or better we call it panic...is nonsense.

Russia has taken the ethnic Russian parts of Ukraine. They "may" go after Odessa and should they do so, they will likely take it too. That's the reality of the situation. Among other things, Czechs are rather pragmatic.

They need to make a peace deal before Macron tries to save his office by goin' all Napoleon.

34 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

No not really. Most Czechs that I know, don't really trust anyone. They've been under someone's thumb forever...almost. They don't trust the Germans as much as they don't trust the Russians...or the French...or the Brits...and nobody should trust a Dutchman... ;)

They don't think Russia is coming to eat all of Europe. This line of thinking...or better we call it panic...is nonsense.

Russia has taken the ethnic Russian parts of Ukraine. They "may" go after Odessa and should they do so, they will likely take it too. That's the reality of the situation. Among other things, Czechs are rather pragmatic.

They need to make a peace deal before Macron tries to save his office by goin' all Napoleon.

They are pragmatic, that's why they joined NATO and are supplying Ukraine with ammunition. Your mother in law was born the year German tanks rolled into her country and for the first 51 years of her life it had either German or Soviet troops based there with either the Nazi's or Soviets calling the shots. Seems like she pines for those days.

Macron won't unilaterally send troops to Ukraine but hey. French troops helping Ukrainians defend their country, bad. Russian troops trying to occupy their country, good. Right.

You would give Russia whatever it wants, Ukrainians get no say in the matter. Sad.

Edited by Aristides
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aristides said:

They are pragmatic, that's why they joined NATO and are supplying Ukraine with ammunition. Your mother in law was born the year German tanks rolled into her country and for the first 51 years of her life it had either German or Soviet troops based there with either the Nazi's or Soviets calling the shots. Seems like she pines for those days.

Macron won't unilaterally send troops to Ukraine but hey. French troops helping Ukrainians defend their country, bad. Russian troops trying to occupy their country, good. Right.

You would give Russia whatever it wants, Ukrainians get no say in the matter. Sad.

No she does not "pine for those days". She pines for common sense. I remember years ago she was here visiting and the 2015 election was rolling. Hillary was on CNN beakin' off and chastising the deplorables. Now...this old woman speaks no English. But she points at the TV and says to me, "See that?" That's why women should stay out of politics."

No. Expanded war and heightened threat of nuclear exchange, bad. Very bad.

There are hardly any Ukrainians left!

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

No she does not "pine for those days". She pines for common sense. I remember years ago she was here visiting and the 2015 election was rolling. Hillary was on CNN beakin' off and chastising the deplorables. Now...this old woman speaks no English. But she points at the TV and says to me, "See that?" That's why women should stay out of politics."

No. Expanded war and heightened threat of nuclear exchange, bad. Very bad.

There are hardly any Ukrainians left!

Common sense to you is throwing Ukraine under the bus.

The only one threatening nuclear war is Putin and the likes of you.

Putin invaded Ukraine. Putin is bombing the shit out of civilians,  not effing Hillary. Man you have a screwed up view of right and wrong, you hate the likes  of Hillary so much you will justify anything monsters like Putin do.

Edited by Aristides

9 hours ago, Aristides said:

Common sense to you is throwing Ukraine under the bus.

The only one threatening nuclear war is Putin and the likes of you.

Putin invaded Ukraine. Putin is bombing the shit out of civilians,  not effing Hillary. Man you have a screwed up view of right and wrong, you hate the likes  of Hillary so much you will justify anything monsters like Putin do.

Common sense to me is not extending a war that's already lost. Not risking nuclear war over a NATO reject just so you can gloat about forcing Russia to expend all its resources...an endeavor that has failed.

As for Hillary-Billary...she's a blood thirsty twit.!

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Common sense to me is not extending a war that's already lost. Not risking nuclear war over a NATO reject just so you can gloat about forcing Russia to expend all its resources...an endeavor that has failed.

Tell your mother in law that she doesn’t have to worry about her country being invaded because it is a NATO member. See how that works. How many countries did Hillary invade? She has never been a head of state. 

You really have a warped sense of reality and I’m wondering how it got that way. 

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

52 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Tell your mother in law that she doesn’t have to worry about her country being invaded because it is a NATO member. See how that works. How many countries did Hillary invade? She has never been a head of state. 

You really have a warped sense of reality and I’m wondering how it got that way. 

You keep telling yourself that. I'm sure it soothes all the guilt.

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Do you fact check any of the garbage you consume? It’s no wonder you are such an easy mark.

While Secretary of State, the USA and their lapdoggies at NATO attacked Libya. The premise was that Muammar Gaddafi was a dictator. They ended their assault when Gaddafi was found dead. Libya was thrown into total chaos as a result. On September 11, 2012 that chaos resulted in an attack on the Benghazi embassy where 4 US diplomats were killed.

This NATO attack was justified by a civil war raging in the country during the "Arab Spring". Now...Libya had never attacked the USA or any NATO nation. In fact, they were all doing business with Libya. It was Hillary-Billary who apparently convinced Barry to attack Libya.

32 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

While Secretary of State, the USA and their lapdoggies at NATO attacked Libya. The premise was that Muammar Gaddafi was a dictator. They ended their assault when Gaddafi was found dead. Libya was thrown into total chaos as a result. On September 11, 2012 that chaos resulted in an attack on the Benghazi embassy where 4 US diplomats were killed.

This NATO attack was justified by a civil war raging in the country during the "Arab Spring". Now...Libya had never attacked the USA or any NATO nation. In fact, they were all doing business with Libya. It was Hillary-Billary who apparently convinced Barry to attack Libya.

So she never attacked anyone. Glad we cleared that up. 

• Haha 1