The death industry for the disabled, mentally ill, and poor is ramping up in Canada

8 hours ago, cougar said:

Wow!  I thought I had a bad job, but I wouldn't want yours for sure!

I actually really enjoy it, it's very satisfying.  Death and speaking about death does not scare me or make me uncomfortable.  In spite of my sometimes fiery-ness here ? in real life, I am a very calm person and am very good at being a death doula.

The training is very intense and then you don't get certified until you have worked with 2 clients.  To get certified, I offered my services for free for the first 2 clients by volunteering my services at nursing homes and homeless shelters, where I worked with 2 individuals who had no family and were facing terminal illness.

I took the course through Douglas College in BC.  The instructor does doula'ing (I think I just made up a word) through her business called Love's Last Breath.  I take further training and courses as they come up several times a year, both through the Canadian Death Doula Association and the American Death Doula Association.

It took a long time for Birthing Doulas to gain more acceptance, they assist when life comes into the world.  Death doulas assist as life departs.

Death Doulas are not well-known in Canada yet, but there are some great ones out there who make a living at it.  I do it in addition to a full-time job, so I just take on clients a few times a year.

I follow Alua Arthur, she is just amazing!  She also explains it better than me.  :)

I would like to see everyone have access to a death doula.  A dignified passing is a human right, IMO.

• Like 1

The fact that medical-assistance in dying legislation was immoral from the beginning and completely contrary to God's commandment "thou shalt not kill" is also born out by the fact that is has now been proven that even in the minds of it's supporters, it has gone too far and is used for everything imaginable.

FIRST READING: How Canada ignored warnings that euthanasia would immediately go too far

FIRST READING: How Canada ignored warnings that euthanasia would immediately go too far (msn.com)

The fact that more than 75% of Canadians approve of some kind of MAID law proves that Canada is a very heathen and uncivilized nation.  The landscape of Canada is beautiful but the fact that it is inhabited to large extent by people who consider themselves as civilized and enlightened, but most really are not.  Most are in total darkness.  You wonder why we have so many problems, crime, family breakups, divorce, murders, domestic violence, homelessness, there is the reason.  Canada is not alone in the world in this.  The whole world is actually a mess.  I know some people might not like to hear this.  They prefer to look at the world or their country through rose-coloured glasses.  But that is not the reality. 

The Supreme Court, which is supposed to be a beacon of light, really pushed this MAID thing and pressured the government into it.  They are probably simply following whatever is the popular idea and the majority support MAID; so the Supreme Court supports it and the government supports it.  Now we are the slippery slope where it is going to be much worse in the numbers of people killed by it.   

I probably don't have many years left because of my condition, but I am thankful for God's grace and mercy in granting salvation.  I feel for those left behind in this world.  All I can say is read the Bible, especially the New Testament and believe in Jesus Christ.

2 hours ago, Goddess said:

I actually really enjoy it, it's very satisfying.  Death and speaking about death does not scare me or make me uncomfortable.  In spite of my sometimes fiery-ness here ? in real life, I am a very calm person and am very good at being a death doula.

The training is very intense and then you don't get certified until you have worked with 2 clients.  To get certified, I offered my services for free for the first 2 clients by volunteering my services at nursing homes and homeless shelters, where I worked with 2 individuals who had no family and were facing terminal illness.

I took the course through Douglas College in BC.  The instructor does doula'ing (I think I just made up a word) through her business called Love's Last Breath.  I take further training and courses as they come up several times a year, both through the Canadian Death Doula Association and the American Death Doula Association.

It took a long time for Birthing Doulas to gain more acceptance, they assist when life comes into the world.  Death doulas assist as life departs.

Death Doulas are not well-known in Canada yet, but there are some great ones out there who make a living at it.  I do it in addition to a full-time job, so I just take on clients a few times a year.

I follow Alua Arthur, she is just amazing!  She also explains it better than me.  :)

I would like to see everyone have access to a death doula.  A dignified passing is a human right, IMO.

The only end of life doula I want is Jesus Christ.  He has said I will never leave thee nor forsake thee.

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The only end of life doula I want is Jesus Christ.  He has said I will never leave thee nor forsake thee.

Yes, I can see that belief is something that would give you comfort emotionally and spiritually, when you are on your deathbed (which I hope is still a ways off for you.)  That's a wonderful thing.

If you need assistance with getting your affairs in order, choose to die at home and would like understanding what medical interventions such as pain reducing medications are available and how to get them, or just want general family support during that difficult time (when I leave the room to allow private time between the client and family, I will usually wash up some dishes or do some light cleaning for the family) I hope you know now that death doulas are available across Canada and are trained to know, anticipate, respond to and advocate for your needs. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Yes, I can see that belief is something that would give you comfort emotionally and spiritually, when you are on your deathbed (which I hope is still a ways off for you.)  That's a wonderful thing.

If you need assistance with getting your affairs in order, choose to die at home and would like understanding what medical interventions such as pain reducing medications are available and how to get them, or just want general family support during that difficult time (when I leave the room to allow private time between the client and family, I will usually wash up some dishes or do some light cleaning for the family) I hope you know now that death doulas are available across Canada and are trained to know, anticipate, respond to and advocate for your needs. :)

I can see you being really good at this.  You have a warm heart.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

Well said.  I get comfort always, not just on a deathbed.  God gives comfort to his people always.  It is a free gift available to everyone if they so choose.  It is not just a emotional or belief thing. It is a reality.  "4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." Psalm 23:4 KJV  It is available to you too but you would have to study the Bible to find out about it, particularly the New Testament and make a decision.  If you became a believer, that would be a wonderful thing you could add to your duties by sharing that spiritual truth.

I would add I would not be able to have anything to do with MAID or support it in any way because it is basically evil.  

Edited by blackbird

42 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I can see you being really good at this.  You have a warm heart.  

I have to say that being a death doula is less of a career choice and more like a "calling."

From the doula groups I am in and my fellow students in the classes and training - they all have warm hearts. I would recommend any of them across Canada, even if it their first time attending a death.

Really, one of my favourite parts is helping with ideas for  and creating of Legacy projects.  It's an absolutely wonderful way for the client and their family to spend time together and talk and laugh and cry.

The 46 year old I talked about before - she was a world traveler prior to her illness. I related to that, so I told her of my project - I cut up raw barnboard and painted the names of each country I had been to on them and nailed them in rows to 3 different trees around the acreage.  I had 43 of them.  Anyways, she liked that idea, so her Legacy project was painting up the boards with all her countries she visited and her best friend installed them at her farm and took video for the woman to see them displayed, as she was no longer mobile enough to see them in person.

I keep a book with ideas that I can share with clients.

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

I have to say that being a death doula is less of a career choice and more like a "calling."

From the doula groups I am in and my fellow students in the classes and training - they all have warm hearts. I would recommend any of them across Canada, even if it their first time attending a death.

Really, one of my favourite parts is helping with ideas for  and creating of Legacy projects.  It's an absolutely wonderful way for the client and their family to spend time together and talk and laugh and cry.

The 46 year old I talked about before - she was a world traveler prior to her illness. I related to that, so I told her of my project - I cut up raw barnboard and painted the names of each country I had been to on them and nailed them in rows to 3 different trees around the acreage.  I had 43 of them.  Anyways, she liked that idea, so her Legacy project was painting up the boards with all her countries she visited and her best friend installed them at her farm and took video for the woman to see them displayed, as she was no longer mobile enough to see them in person.

I keep a book with ideas that I can share with clients.

What a meaningful project.  It helps people remember and gives the dying person a positive, relevant focus.  In old age we mostly just have our memories.  

19 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

I don’t know.  That’s why they are assessed on a case by case basis. 

That’s not an option for MAID.  Don’t make stuff up.  

Those should be investigated.  

With according to the medias sources there are people not playing by the rules, with over 10,000 already granted this year alone they are going to miss a few, which unfortunately you can't take back.

I already provided an example, of a patient that was offer MAIDS on a regular basis, so many times he started to record them, each time he was told his bill was 1500 a day...I did not make it i wish i was. In fact the government admits to saving 17000 a year for each person that ends their life, i did not boil it down to dollars they did. 

100 % agree, or the rules need to be tightened up, perhaps it should take 2 or 3 consults with different doctors, from different facilities, so everything can be fact checked and ensure no mistakes are made... when i got back form Afghanistan, suicides were so common  it felt like we were going to funerals atleast 1 or 2 a month, thats out of a 800 man group...and many more had already made plans to take their own lives, the thing that was stopping a lot of them was having their family discover their bodies. if this is an option then you could almost double or triple those that took their lives'. Most metal health issues can be over come, over time. unless your mentally challenged from birth. they say one in 10 that came back from war suffered PTSD, but I'm sure it was more like 75 to 80 % came back with varying degree of problems, and everyone came back changed in ways that were not good, give them an easy way out and they will take it. And not just PTSD, depression, anxiety, the list is huge.  

I do agree if your suffering and their is no way out then by all means , hook them up, but i think right now we are offering a free ticket to check out... You say the rules are being followed but the examples say other wise. 

18 hours ago, cougar said:

From what I know, abortion is possible only in the early stages.    The line you are looking for is right there.

Taking the life of anything that has been born will be murder and will attract legal liability.

Your point regarding the mentally disabled people is fine, except I do not think they will be taking the life of people who can rationally communicate or who can demonstrate that they are still "in there".

The rest do not even know they are alive, so they will not notice when they are not.

Yes, people commit suicides, but need to be mobile to do so.    When you can't get off your bed , you might find it a real challenge.

Not true abortions have been done up until the day before the baby is due., while not common they do. remember my body my choice...you should goggle that. 

So your saying it is OK if that person can not rationally communicate, or demonstrate they are here. Who gets to make that choice, God, some random doctor , their family. It is not their life to take, unless that person is suffering and living will only prolong it.  So what happens now we start thinning out all those that we think are not there in body and mind, think of the money that will be saved, and how many will be employed in this industry...

Just becasue people commit suicide does not give us the right to take anyone's life's from them. Lets exhaust all the life saving techniques before we decided to start pulling plugs on people life's. after that then we can have a talk.

54 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Not true abortions have been done up until the day before the baby is due., while not common they do. remember my body my choice...you should goggle that. 

So your saying it is OK if that person can not rationally communicate, or demonstrate they are here. Who gets to make that choice, God, some random doctor , their family. It is not their life to take, unless that person is suffering and living will only prolong it.  So what happens now we start thinning out all those that we think are not there in body and mind, think of the money that will be saved, and how many will be employed in this industry...

Just becasue people commit suicide does not give us the right to take anyone's life's from them. Lets exhaust all the life saving techniques before we decided to start pulling plugs on people life's. after that then we can have a talk.

Encouraging people to commit suicide is pure evil.  I can’t believe Veterans Affairs stooped so low.  

3 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Yes, you want the government to legislate based on your religious beliefs and for people like @Goddess to not be allowed to assist people if they choose how and when to die.  

Governments down through history have often legislated based on Judeo-Christian principles as stated in the Bible.  That is why western society is quite different than many other parts of the world.  That is why we have laws against murder, stealing, etc. and why we can own private property and have human rights.

Government authorities are given authority by God to rule and legislate whether you believe in God or not.  That is a fact.

"1  Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. {ordained: or, ordered} 2  Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. "  Romans 13:1-2 KJV   It is pretty clear there.  Those who resist God shall receive to themselves damnation.  There is forgiveness for those who repent (turn from their wicked ways and accept God's offer of salvation through his Son).  There is such a thing as evil in the world and good.  Good and evil may be observed all around the world daily. 

You don't like the idea of God;  well, God is fact.  The universe did not create itself out of nothing.  Many scientists and cosmologists are admitting that.  They have no explanation for where the universe came from apart from an infinitely intelligent designer-Creator, a supernatural being apart from the material universe.  That is the only rational explanation for the existence of everything.  So you can dispense with your notion that religious beliefs don't count.  They are more relevant and meaningful than your atheistic irrational beliefs that disrespect human life.  You don't believe anyone is accountable to God and that everyone can choose to kill themselves or have themselves killed without consequences.  You are fooling yourself.  Everyone is accountable to our Creator.  He did not create the universe for nothing and he did not create mankind to give them a free-for-all.

Edited by blackbird

26 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Encouraging people to commit suicide is pure evil.  I can’t believe Veterans Affairs stooped so low.  

whatever government employee it was who said that

will be the most hated person in Canada, when we find out who they are

and we will find out

God save them

13 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

From the article...

The risk we have is sending a message to the country that life is expendable, that we are prepared to say that we do not care enough for people to take care of them,”

?

Then came COVID and at least half or more of the people in here whining about MAID said let 'er rip 'it's only killing old farts'!

2 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Which countries don’t have laws against these?

Western countries have far superior laws to much of the rest of the world.  In Russia for example, the government can hunt down people they consider traitors and execute them like did to one man who was killed in England.  Saudi Arabia put a woman in prison recently for 34 years for criticizing the government on social media.  Some countries like Pakistan and Afghanistan execute people for blasphemy.  There are many examples of the superiority of western laws compared with other countries.

Mercy killing (MAID) is a tragic mistake and is legal in only three other countries.  Almost the whole world does not have such laws. Canada is out of step with almost the whole world on this even though we have many other laws that are better than the rest of the world. 

Trudeau and liberals and the Supreme Court have gone far off the track.  They have no moral compass. Trudeau's appointments are purely political and not based on qualifications. Trudeau just appointed a woman because she is an aboriginal to the Supreme Court, the highest court in the land even though she has very limited experience and is not really qualified.  An expert on Supreme Court qualifications just pointed this out correctly.  Trudeau also appointed the Governor General simply because she is aboriginal, although that is not as critical as a SCC appointment because the GG role is very limited and mostly ceremonial. 

The Supreme Court also makes rulings simply based on what is popular at the time.  That is not what a Supreme Court is for.  They are supposed to be extremely knowledgeable on all aspects of the laws and Constitution and their rulings should reflect that.  Back in the 1990s they stated that medical assistance in dying in the way it is now would be unacceptable.  Twenty years later they made the opposite decision and promoted MAID.  They have zero credibility.

The Supreme Court is obsessed with promoting what they think are individual rights.  We have seen this before in their rulings re convicted murderers and terrorists.

But I suspect all this is beyond your comprehension.  You only look at it from a very narrow perspective.

Edited by blackbird

4 hours ago, Army Guy said:

1. Not true abortions have been done up until the day before the baby is due., while not common they do. remember my body my choice...you should goggle that. 

2. So your saying it is OK if that person can not rationally communicate, or demonstrate they are here. Who gets to make that choice, God, some random doctor , their family. It is not their life to take, unless that person is suffering and living will only prolong it.  So what happens now we start thinning out all those that we think are not there in body and mind, think of the money that will be saved, and how many will be employed in this industry...

3. Just becasue people commit suicide does not give us the right to take anyone's life's from them. Lets exhaust all the life saving techniques before we decided to start pulling plugs on people life's. after that then we can have a talk.

1. We can either draw the line at the first 3-4 months of pregnancy, or until the day the baby is born.  I honestly don't care.  And yes - my body, my choice.   If the father has objections, obviously he did a poor job with his gal for her to want an abortion - he should have used a condom.

2. Yep, Exactly God!  Imagine letting those people out in the wild or out in the industrial jungle on the street.  They will be dead by the grace of God within a day or two.  That was God's will and we can't do much about it.  Keeping every human form of life alive, regardless of its stage or retardation does not help humanity in any way, only makes those who are sane and who could enjoy life suffer !

3.  Don't know how this ties up to what I wrote in response to you.  Again, I do not think every item that breaths needs preserving, especially when you consider how our sick society is propping those wrecks of human beings to be still breathing at the expense of perfectly health animals losing their lives, with their whole population in a threat of extinction and our environment and climate in shambles.

Edited by cougar

14 hours ago, Goddess said:

I actually really enjoy it, it's very satisfying.  Death and speaking about death does not scare me or make me uncomfortable.

Definitely not for me. Sends shivers down my spine.

Edited by cougar

1 hour ago, cougar said:

1. We can either draw the line at the first 3-4 months of pregnancy, or until the day the baby is born.  I honestly don't care.  And yes - my body, my choice.   If the father has objections, obviously he did a poor job with his gal for her to want an abortion - he should have used a condom.

2. Yep, Exactly God!  Imagine letting those people out in the wild or out in the industrial jungle on the street.  They will be dead by the grace of God within a day or two.  That was God's will and we can't do much about it.  Keeping every human form of life alive, regardless of its stage or retardation does not help humanity in any way, only makes those who are sane and who could enjoy life suffer !

3.  Don't know how this ties up to what I wrote in response to you.  Again, I do not think every item that breaths needs preserving, especially when you consider how our sick society is propping those wrecks of human beings to be still breathing at the expense of perfectly health animals losing their lives, with their whole population in a threat of extinction and our environment and climate in shambles.

kill every human that cougar considers a burden

a truly despicable ideology

all those people you want to kill, cougar

their body is not your body

therefore it's not your choice

what an absolutely reprehensible post

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, cougar said:

You’re a frightening person.  You put animals’ lives above people’s and think it’s fine to murder a full term baby the day before the birthing due date.  I can’t believe your lack of self-awareness or just plain crass immorality.  It’s all about keeping your mountain retreat pristine for your enjoyment and damn all the other poor humans who might sully it.

• Thanks 1